Zuora Sales Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

4.6
Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo

"Outstanding Company. Solid Opportunity."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity: - Huge potential for growth - you really shape your own future here - take the initiative and get stuff done - you have a ton of people to back you up! - Have access to some of the smartest brains around - you can pick and poke at 'em as much as you please. - Competitive compensation plans!! - Awesome new HQ office in Foster City with great outlooks over the bay! Culture: - Open work environment...

Cons

This is not really a con (I mean you know you are working for a start-up!): but this is fast-paced, high-demanding environment ... but know that it is also a "what you sow, you shall reap" process!

Advice to Management

Have a more agressive hiring process for upper management members.

Zuora2013-12-18

"They believed in me!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

They will train you, they will support you and they are transparent in everything they do as a company. Great team environment, it's all about working hard and having fun! Great balance!

Cons

Sometimes I feel a bit distance from HQ - which technically we are - they need more communication with their international offices - which I know they are working on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and hiring great managers in our region!

Zuora2016-06-15

"Zuora is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Zuora for more than a year

Pros

Market leader in the subscription economy; Great place to work and opportunities to grow; Interacting with c-level executives all over the world and in every industry; Great product and sales enablement tools for a professional execution in sales cycles. Vision!

Cons

Nothing at the moment, keep up the good work and growth!

Advice to Management

Open-minded management team and a clear path to success. On our way to an IPO.

Zuora2016-05-13

"Not all that glitters"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Sydney

I worked at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast moving company in a growing niche, with a good product. Good marketing efforts are building a brand. Interesting range of client.

Cons

Don't walk the talk - hostile culture with little room for people who deviate from the desired approach. Highly turnover of people leaving or being pushed. Very focussed on performance, especially in sales, which can be especially challenging in new regions or where there is a lack traditional target companies, as there are in Silicon Valley. Don't really invest in people. Have terminated number of people for quite capricious...

Advice to Management

Strong focus on growth may undermine your brand promise. Built a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture that values people. This has to stayer with senior management, many of whom are clearly on the autism spectrum and have social skill weaknesses.

Zuora2015-09-05

"Going places but usual startup challenges"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer

I worked at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, startup mentality and can-do attitude across the company. Good products that are stable when released, lots of innovation and a focus on the customer.

Cons

Usual startup challenges.... Chaos sometimes abounds and it's a heavy workload with challenging hours. International support of staff from HQ is a secondary priority sometimes and international product features is also lacking or slow coming. Too much marketing sometimes - not everything is a billing problem.

Advice to Management

More focus on engineering

Zuora2014-10-31