KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zuora

Engaged Employer

Zuora

Add a Review

Zuora Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Aug 17, 2022

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zuora and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place

Apr 17, 2021 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture is great and well communicated

Cons

work-life balance, long working hours

Be the first to find this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're glad you're enjoying our ZEO culture! Work life balance is extremely important, perhaps more so than ever. We encourage you to continue taking time for yourself, assess what you need and work with your manager to find the balance you need to be successful in all areas of your life.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Engagement Manager

Apr 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of opportunity in this growing firm - Leadership is investing a lot in the way of getting top talent and training folks in their system - Fun but professional work culture

Cons

- Some communication gaps still need to be closed as Zuora continues to scale - Unclear whether promotion is based primarily on merits or tenure - LIke any other growing company, there is lack of the structure that exists at large firms. This is a double edge sword, but leadership seems to be taking the steps to try to strengthen the structural aspects of the inner business

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Place to work

Feb 4, 2021 - Senior Solution Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent and good work culture

Cons

Lot of frequent management changes

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Culture doesn’t match what you’re sold

Feb 17, 2021 - Office Assistant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free snacks and drinks, a smart central London office and some decent perks such as health and dental insurance

Cons

The culture sold when you are interviewed doesn’t match the reality of the office environment. You’re either “in” with a clique of long standing employees and if you’re not, don’t expect to progress very far career wise. The culture is more of a secondary school/mean girls atmosphere which is well known and discussed between other staff which probably adds to the already very high staff turnover issue. Promotions appear to either be based upon new roles being created for certain staff, or the same individuals being given opportunities again and again. This is probably why the culture and atmosphere doesn’t meet what new staff expect.

4 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Hello, Thank you for taking time to leave your thoughts about your time here at Zuora. I appreciate your positive sentiments about our comprehensive range of benefits and the amazing office we have in London, indeed now that the PM has provided a roadmap for easing the lockdown we are very much looking forward to throwing the doors open once more and meeting up with each other once more - carefully of course, and in line with our likely "hybrid" approach to future working where there is flexibility around where and when people choose to work. I am sorry that you felt that our culture, something we normally pride ourselves on here at Zuora, did not love up to your expectations. I just thought I would address the points you raise. We have doubled our headcount in 5 years and this does mean care in how we bring new hires into the business. As a result of Covid, we have been a remote organisation for the best part of a year, and we have put a lot of thought into how to keep people feeling connected, engaged and healthy during these difficult times. We consistently get above-benchmark satisfaction ratings from our quarterly pulses and the challenge here is how to maintain this through Covid. Happily, our attrition has been falling steadily and is now 2pts below industry average. And we pride ourselves on progression and mobility - our promotion rate over the last year was 29%, and we have built out a comprehensive range of development opportunities to help give life to our people promise, which is all about steps we can all take to realize our full potential. I think our issue here lies in not doing a good enough job in communicating all that we do, something I am therefore seeking to improve. All the best.

5. 5.0

Great place to work!

Nov 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing employee (ZEO) focused company with a powerful inclusive culture that supports success for everyone. A great CEO and leadership team. An exciting growing business

Cons

A little crazy and unstructured at times. Leaders who are scaling into big roles because of the rapid growth but few big issues

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Team

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad to hear it! Growth is exciting and brings a lot of opportunity but we hear you and we'll continue to focus on our leadership and all ZEO development so we can keep building our company for the future.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, going through exciting times in a massive market

Sep 16, 2020 - Sales Leader in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Modern day enterprise SaaS sales process and approach. Love the space and market and the leadership team. The culture is amazing and they really look after their people; especially during these pandemic times. New focus creating great momentum.

Cons

None really - been really impressed in my first year.

1 person found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, we're glad to hear it. Let's keep up the momentum!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Intern

Oct 11, 2017 - Intern - Hourly in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible company to work for. Worked for the finance team for 2 months- everyone was supportive and willing to help. The work was very meaningful and my supervisor provided me with direction and assistance, as well as challenged me to learn myself. Company culture is honestly so unique and wonderful. People work hard but also take time to make Zuora a fun place to work. The internship program was one of my favorite parts. Zuora organized panels for interns to employees about recruitment/ graduate school/ how to get a job offer. Everyone there is so enthusiastic about giving advice and helping interns through their journey, regardless of whether or not they end up at Zuora. Snacks are also bomb.

Cons

I feel like working for the San Mateo office (HQ) gave me the best experience. In terms of other locations, I feel like it is harder to get involved in company events and intern events.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0

Weak leadership has ruined a rising star in Silicon Valley

Apr 20, 2016 - Field Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Aligned to a market shift (in theory) Better product than most competitors in a relatively differentiated segment Trendy colors and sayings like "happy business" make you feel excited about the possibilities

Cons

Poor alignment between vision for RBM and actual product capabilities. The company is continually fooling itself into thinking it has created an entire segment - this is NOT the next salesforce Lack of strategic or emotional intelligence across leadership team, which is short-sighted and reactive in terms of deal strategy and overall business planning Deployed the same broken GTM model this year as last with fancy new names..same leaders who have failed to fix orgs like sales dev for 2 years are allowed to run the same playbook they already tried in the past Toxic culture in sales org due to majority of people being misled when recruited and missing quota - scapegoating, poaching, and general negativity Lack of genuine company culture - forced attempts to 'have fun together' are pathetically depressing Poor career path definition, and comp structure weighted to rewarding leadership regardless of their performance. Tenure and exec relationships insulate incapable leaders who continue to rise despite failure Continually extending (and seemingly infinite) path to IPO Weak partnership strategy, esp related to GSI's and salesforce (despite executive team's pedigree)

61 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

World Class Sales Organization

Jan 29, 2013 - Account Executive in Redwood Shores, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

World class sales organization that collaborates well with marketing, finance, product and engineering. The company is fully behind you to make you successful. Sales management has an 'all in' approach to getting deals done. The culture is very close knit with a 'work hard' 'play hard' mentality. The comp plans are aggressive and lucrative as any SaaS company in the Bay Area.

Cons

Commute to Redwood Shores is not the greatest - need to open an office San Francisco.

2 people found this review helpful