What people are saying about Zuora
Got a burning question about Zuora? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Zuora employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "culture is great and well communicated" (in 60 reviews)
- "People are great!" (in 56 reviews)
- "Cross functional teams throughout the organization form by themselves to come together to solve short" (in 26 reviews)
- "Work life balance is great" (in 20 reviews)
- "Great company and leadership." (in 20 reviews)
- "bad management, bad codebase, bad work lift balance" (in 19 reviews)
- "No 401k match when you start" (in 10 reviews)
- "No 401k matching (yet); growing pains that are to be expected from an expanding company of this size." (in 6 reviews)
- "Need a more defined career path for new employees" (in 6 reviews)
- "Most of the feel good our management team is amazing rah rah posts here are from HR." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Zuora and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 17 of over 648 reviews
Updated Sep 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "match"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jan 5, 2018ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
Incredible timing and momentum with emergence of the 'Subscription Economy'. This is only matched with this team's will to win.
Buckle-up for an execution-focused culture with everything that comes with that package: steep learning curve, fast-moving organization, and ah yes - not much time for hand-holding through transitions!1
- 2.0Oct 16, 2022Enterprise Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The people and culture are great. Zuora has adapted to a work-remote first culture and empowers collaboration and flexibility. Sales leaders are empowering and the business is getting better at setting goals and prioritizing strategic initiatives for success. Zuora puts a strong focus on employee wellbeing - and has made strides in putting customers first. Great minds in the company, good work life balance, strong investments made in the product ecosystem and you get to know lot of things about the product. Compensation is high + matches the expectation of the work.
Near impossible to hit quota. There is little clarity or path to success to achieve OTE. Success is also 100% dependent on territory and mix of customers you manage. It is difficult to see success quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year. This directly impacts motivation and causes Sales to look at opportunities externally.1