Zuora "subscription economy" Reviews | Glassdoor

Zuora Employee Reviews about "subscription economy"

Updated Jun 12, 2019

Found 255 reviews

4.1
Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo
Tien Tzuo
Pros
  • "Product is awesome - your dealing with C-Level guys - Strategic conversations on how to move to a Subscription Economy(in 13 reviews)

• "Company culture is honestly so unique and wonderful(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k matching (yet); growing pains that are to be expected from an expanding company of this size(in 13 reviews)

• "No 401K match, which is a bummer, but hopefully that will change soon(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "subscription economy"

Return to all Reviews

"Market Momentum meets Drive to Win"

Current Employee - Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible timing and momentum with emergence of the "Subscription Economy". This is only matched with this team's will to win.

Cons

Buckle-up for an execution-focused culture with everything that comes with that package: steep learning curve, fast-moving organization, and ah yes - not much time for hand-holding through transitions!

Advice to Management

More frequent communications to the global teams

Zuora2018-01-05

"The best decision I've made in my career"

Current Employee - Product Marketer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with Zuora for a couple of months now, and coming here was hands-down the best decision I've made in my career. What I love about Zuora is how passionate everyone is and how there are so many opportunities for career growth. Every morning I feel inspired and motivated to come into the office; work never feels like work. Even though the company has been around for 10 years, it's amazing how it still feels like...

Cons

As of now, there aren't that many places for lunch walking distance (closest is about 15 min.) New restaurants and beer garden are moving directly outside the office in a few months so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to make yourself accessible to all employees as we continue to grow.

Zuora2017-06-27

"Reflection after 1 Year at Zuora"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora

Pros

Amazing to work for the leader in the subscription economy. Super inspiring CEO. So many opportunities to learn, collaborate, grow. Great work environment. Love the end of quarter celebrations.

Cons

None for me at this time.

Zuora2016-11-17

"Zuora: Strong vision- balanced culture"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President, Products in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Zuora about a year ago by way of acquisition. Zuora is over 600 people now, and has crossed the chasm from early stage startup that is trying to create a new market into a pre-IPO company that is trying to achieve operational maturity while keeping up its rapid growth and agility. Zuora starts with a strong belief about the Subscription Economy-- its the vision the company was founded on 7 years ago and still...

Cons

There are challenges we all face now as employees trying to build a sustainable business, which are based on previous decisions & work that was done in Zuora's earlier "go fast and worry about it later" mode of early stage hyper growth.

Advice to Management

Zuora is at its best when the two threads of its culture are in balance: hard charging sales/engineering & customer/relationship focus. Make sure to keep them in balance

Zuora2016-04-04
    • "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vision: Moving to a World Subscribed Products: Full stack of applications that empower the Subscription Economy People: Talented, motivated

Cons

Work/Life Balance is not good

Zuora2013-10-24
    • "Hot Startup - Great, enthusiastic customers. Great People"

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cross functional teams throughout the organization form by themselves to come together to solve short-term customer issues as well as building out some great new features. Really feels like a startup of the old days, where the problems are the right kind of have in a growing company: Customers using the product and demanding more. There is also a sense of we are making a difference in now companies thrive in the subscription...

Cons

This is a startup and we while we celebrate our successes we need to keep moving foward.

Advice to Management

Keep up the flexible, fun work environment.

Zuora2013-06-24
    • "Great place with great dynamic and great projects"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

Pros

Zuora is a amazing company to work for : great CEO vision with the subscription economy, great product, dealing with C-level about business model transformation, high level strategy discussion

Cons

Lack of opportunities to evolve in Europe if you start as a junior

Zuora2018-08-01
    • "Zuora"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

Pros

Startup Environment Pre IPO company Product is awesome - your dealing with C-Level guys - Strategic conversations on how to move to a Subscription Economy Competitive Salary

Cons

No Career development perspectives (at least in Europe) No internal communication

Zuora2017-04-02

"Not so great"

Former Employee - Engineer Support in London, England

I worked at Zuora for less than a year

Pros

Chance to learn about subscription economy, billing systems

Cons

No work/life/balance and 24 hour expectation without being paid overtime/weekends/bank holidays Too much micro managed No trust in the employees Random promotions Forcing you to post/vote in the forum/community

Zuora2016-06-19

"Zuora is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer

I have been working at Zuora for more than a year

Pros

Market leader in the subscription economy; Great place to work and opportunities to grow; Interacting with c-level executives all over the world and in every industry; Great product and sales enablement tools for a professional execution in sales cycles. Vision!

Cons

Nothing at the moment, keep up the good work and growth!

Advice to Management

Open-minded management team and a clear path to success. On our way to an IPO.

Zuora2016-05-13