Zuora Employee Reviews about "team"
73% would recommend to a friend
(141 total reviews)
85% approve of CEO
Found 141 of over 663 reviews
Updated Nov 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "culture is great and well communicated" (in 65 reviews)
- "People are great!" (in 58 reviews)
- "Cross functional teams throughout the organization form by themselves to come together to solve short" (in 27 reviews)
- "The benefits are great for a family and are more than reasonable in cost." (in 20 reviews)
- "Great company and leadership." (in 19 reviews)
- "bad management, bad codebase, bad work lift balance" (in 20 reviews)
- "No work life balance or company culture" (in 18 reviews)
- "No 401k match when you start" (in 10 reviews)
- "No 401k matching (yet); growing pains that are to be expected from an expanding company of this size." (in 7 reviews)
- "Need a more defined career path for new employees" (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Zuora and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "team"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Aug 12, 2019Director of OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Mateo, CA
Love the leadership team and their dedicated focus on the business and the best strategy to create a great customer experience. There are very smart and collaborative people throughout the organization. The company is very inclusive and allows me to be me.
Organizationally we are maturing into a larger organization so at times there are some operational growing pains (but I have seen that everywhere)1Zuora Response5y
Thank you for your feedback and dedication!
- 4.0May 27, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChennai
Good pay, great perks such as ESOPs, company-wide holiday shutdown, Wellness days An accepting and friendly work atmosphere
Limited opportunity for growth and internal movement in certain roles Lack of strong camaraderie among remote teams Lack of a strong brand presence in IndiaZuora Response7mo
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We hear you and are continuing to look for more ways to help create pathways for growth across the company and build our brand presence in India, especially on the heels of our new office opening.
- 5.0May 10, 2021Enterprise SalesCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
ZEO (CEO of your own life) culture, where you have a lot of autonomy over your job. The company really cares about its people and in the 3+ years Ive loved working with the teams. Highly collaborative and friendly culture
Nothing negative! Its a complicated product as it has so many facets. It takes a while to really understand what the platform does for companies.Zuora Response3y
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and for your dedication to our mission over the past 3+ years. We think our ZEO culture is pretty special and we're glad you think so too!
- 1.0Apr 29, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
great PR...they've created an image of this company to the external world that is totally not based in reality. Customer success team appears to be well-managed.
The review entitled '90-100% AE Turnover ...' (4/21/2014) is completely accurate, as is the culture as described in 'Risky Career Move for a sales professional' (4/28/2014). The recruiting team asks new employees to write positive reviews to boost up the rankings on glassdoor. Common practice is to publicly berate employees. Executive Management is egotistical and weak. If you are considering working here, find someone on LinkedIn who used to work at Zuora to get the real picture.25
- 5.0Feb 19, 2015Enterprise Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Amazing thought leadership, leading the RBM space and helping our customers win in the Subscription Economy. Great team in the US and International with a 'Yes can do' attitude. Joining Zuora is the best decision I have made.
Not the security and benefits package of a large company but who needs security when you get the opportunity of a lifetime?1
- 2.0Apr 21, 2014Current Employee
Fairly transparent organization. Some very capable and smart folks in every department, all levels Competitive comp (BUT, maximizing your variable is another story) Communication is open and one is encouraged to work cross functionally. The sales team is in fact highly regarded within the organization and Zuora is known to groom strong sales talent. Sales has access to resources and there is a team selling environment You will be treated like you’re in a frat. Take that as you wish.
Very difficult place to work and everyone knows it. The following will sound exaggerated and coming from a disgruntled employee but sadly, it's neither. First off, all the recent 5 star reviews are written by a) those who have been here since Feb’14 who Mgmt asked to review because they don’t know any better or b) Senior management who are having trouble recruiting The most tenured reps on the Enterprise/SMB/Mid-Market/SDR teams have been at Zuora for ~1 year...everyone else has left. This is NOT Hyperbole, do validate on LinkedIn! This has been the precedent at Zuora since it’s founding but it extends well beyond the sales team. Mgmt has been desperately trying to improve morale as some very senior folks have recently left abruptly. The culture created by the execs is simply combative. If you don't engage, you will get trampled. Sales management is the biggest culprit and forecast calls are a medium for humiliation. Once again, not an exaggeration nor isolated to the low performers. Please ask a Zuora rep what these "meetings" are called. Quota? forget about it. 10-20% of reps even get close to their number and if you're a new AE in a tier 3 territory, chances of hitting are incredibly slim. Very little inbound lead activity = you will prospect a lot YET historical data says that 80% of your number has to come from inbound (which you won't get.) Vicious cycle. Product, while can be a good fit for some companies, is far from being the next billion dollar IPO that management likes to hype. Number of customers has remained flat for years, customer churn is a major problem and a very small group of clients are used as references over and over. Large SDR team is mislead, unmotivated and not much of a value add. Outbound accounts for a VERY small portion of business and less so comes from the sdr team. A lot of blind leading blind No sense of work/life balance. Sr Sales mgmt works like machines and reps are expected to as well. You will be berated if you go against this Senior sales leadership is just not pleasant to be around most of the time. Nepotism abound, and unless you’re one of the rare guys in a golden patch, your time will come. What's career progression?29
- 1.0May 21, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Many of the teams outside the Engineering department seem to be doing well. The new facilities are comfortable. The people in the Engineering team in Foster City are very nice and friendly. While there are many negative comments in here about work-life balance, I think this is not applicable to Engineering. That said, I think this is probably a great place to work if you aren't in the Engineering department.
You are probably reading this because you are considering working here. You are probably looking for any reason to dismiss these comments. Please don't. Look at all the comments that came from those in the engineering department and look at their ratings. You will see a trend. The problems that others have brought up, even two years ago, about the engineering department are still here. The people who work here feel powerless to do anything about it. Don't let anyone explain away the old comments because they were said in an angry tone or because they are former employees. There is a reason those people were angry and it's still here. There is a pattern. If you are a senior engineer, realize that they are currently hiring seniors but they don't allow them to fix anything. You may do well here if you like sustaining engineering and front-line support. You may do well here if you don't like to challenge the status-quo and are happy with working on an aging tech stack that has little to no internal documentation and isn't going to change any time soon. They hired the people who could fix this and most of those people have left, are in the process of doing so, or have given up hope. A junior engineer might do fine here, as long as you don't grow too fast or get curious about some other technology. Also, what people have said about public humiliation is true. You need to have thick skin to work here.21
- 5.0Nov 16, 2016Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The engineering department is striving to make sound technical decisions. I get to work on current technologies and feel people are very supportive. Overall, it's a very exciting environment and it's a good time to be an engineer at Zuora. Competitive pay.
The company is trying to figure out how to make a global engineering team work.2
- 5.0Dec 11, 2015Applications Support EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearFoster City, CA
One of the best New Hire Experiences i've had. The ZeoSuccess Team is very responsive and engaging. I signed most of my new hire documents online using Docusign in a simple, efficient and easy process. Got an offer the same day as my final interview when i told them about a competing offer. Great company culture, great people and a fun and lively work environment all make Zuora one of the most dynamic companies to work for in the Peninsula. It's definitely a privilege to work here.
Can't complain, since I've only been here a week:)2