KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zuora

Engaged Employer

Zuora

Add a Review

Zuora Employee Reviews about "zuora"

Updated Dec 4, 2021

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zuora and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "zuora"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing opportunities to grow your career

Nov 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Have been with Zuora for 3+ years and the opportunities to learn and grow my career have been endless. Our leadership team and managers have put in a lot of time and energy focusing on areas to expand and grow my career -- seminars, training sessions, cross-functional projects, travel, etc. Lots of opportunities to focus on areas of the business that I've expressed interest in. Great colleagues; energized, fun, and dedicated.

Cons

There is a lot of room for process improvement across the company, which can be looked as a positive given its an area we can grow in. There is also still so much to do to which can lead to long hours for some--but it's an area that has gotten better over time.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Just can't seem to get it together.

Apr 1, 2021 - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO- Tien Tzuo is undoubtedly the best asset the company has.

Cons

The commonly referred to 'growing pains' make this company extremely difficult to work for. L.O.B.'s continually moving in different directions has stalled growth. Hostile work environment. Work-life balance is nearly non-existent. Turnover being so high is certainly no coincidence. Internal growth opportunities are limited as Zuora has repeatedly proven their preference is to hire from the outside.

4 people found this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We take your comments very seriously as we strive to provide an environment where all ZEOs can thrive, do their best work and grow with us. We’d really like to understand more about your experience so we can work to address your concerns. We encourage you to reach out to your ZEO Success Partner to share more of your feedback. Alternatively, you can anonymously submit an online report on Zuora’s EthicsPoint site zuora.ethicspoint.com OR by calling our compliance helpline toll-free at 1-844-348-5249.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best decision I've made in my career

Jun 27, 2017 - Product Marketer in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Zuora for a couple of months now, and coming here was hands-down the best decision I've made in my career. What I love about Zuora is how passionate everyone is and how there are so many opportunities for career growth. Every morning I feel inspired and motivated to come into the office; work never feels like work. Even though the company has been around for 10 years, it's amazing how it still feels like a start-up; we move quickly and the organization is flat so leadership is easily accessible. Years ago we predicted that we'd shift to a Subscription Economy, and now that it's here and companies are just catching on, we're undoubtedly one of the key thought-leaders in this space. I'm proud to be a ZEO and excited for the future of Zuora!

Cons

As of now, there aren't that many places for lunch walking distance (closest is about 15 min.) New restaurants and beer garden are moving directly outside the office in a few months so that's something I'm really looking forward to.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

90 -100% AE Turnover within a year, Combative management

Apr 21, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fairly transparent organization. Some very capable and smart folks in every department, all levels Competitive comp (BUT, maximizing your variable is another story) Communication is open and one is encouraged to work cross functionally. The sales team is in fact highly regarded within the organization and Zuora is known to groom strong sales talent. Sales has access to resources and there is a team selling environment You will be treated like you’re in a frat. Take that as you wish.

Cons

Very difficult place to work and everyone knows it. The following will sound exaggerated and coming from a disgruntled employee but sadly, it's neither. First off, all the recent 5 star reviews are written by a) those who have been here since Feb’14 who Mgmt asked to review because they don’t know any better or b) Senior management who are having trouble recruiting The most tenured reps on the Enterprise/SMB/Mid-Market/SDR teams have been at Zuora for ~1 year...everyone else has left. This is NOT Hyperbole, do validate on LinkedIn! This has been the precedent at Zuora since it’s founding but it extends well beyond the sales team. Mgmt has been desperately trying to improve morale as some very senior folks have recently left abruptly. The culture created by the execs is simply combative. If you don't engage, you will get trampled. Sales management is the biggest culprit and forecast calls are a medium for humiliation. Once again, not an exaggeration nor isolated to the low performers. Please ask a Zuora rep what these "meetings" are called. Quota? forget about it. 10-20% of reps even get close to their number and if you're a new AE in a tier 3 territory, chances of hitting are incredibly slim. Very little inbound lead activity = you will prospect a lot YET historical data says that 80% of your number has to come from inbound (which you won't get.) Vicious cycle. Product, while can be a good fit for some companies, is far from being the next billion dollar IPO that management likes to hype. Number of customers has remained flat for years, customer churn is a major problem and a very small group of clients are used as references over and over. Large SDR team is mislead, unmotivated and not much of a value add. Outbound accounts for a VERY small portion of business and less so comes from the sdr team. A lot of blind leading blind No sense of work/life balance. Sr Sales mgmt works like machines and reps are expected to as well. You will be berated if you go against this Senior sales leadership is just not pleasant to be around most of the time. Nepotism abound, and unless you’re one of the rare guys in a golden patch, your time will come. What's career progression?

29 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Intern

Oct 11, 2017 - Intern - Hourly in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible company to work for. Worked for the finance team for 2 months- everyone was supportive and willing to help. The work was very meaningful and my supervisor provided me with direction and assistance, as well as challenged me to learn myself. Company culture is honestly so unique and wonderful. People work hard but also take time to make Zuora a fun place to work. The internship program was one of my favorite parts. Zuora organized panels for interns to employees about recruitment/ graduate school/ how to get a job offer. Everyone there is so enthusiastic about giving advice and helping interns through their journey, regardless of whether or not they end up at Zuora. Snacks are also bomb.

Cons

I feel like working for the San Mateo office (HQ) gave me the best experience. In terms of other locations, I feel like it is harder to get involved in company events and intern events.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stressful place to work!

Jun 20, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of anything positive about this place.

Cons

- Stressful work environment full of micro-managers - Sales Managers set unrealistic quota expectations - Only 3 Accounts Executives hit annual quota - No process or planning - Marketing department struggles to provide inbound leads for the expanding sales team - Employee churn is extremely high because management refuses to address major issues within the company - The CEO seems to have no idea or does not care about fixing any of the problems at Zuora

14 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

May 28, 2021 - Support Engineer in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice company to work. Employee oriented benefits.

Cons

The acquisition of leeyo has impacted the organisation but the Zuora style of management is actively been followed

ZEO Success Team

Thank you for your positive feedback and your contributions during your time with us--we appreciate it! We are currently investing heavily in our Chennai location and have over 80 new hiring requirements for the year. We look forward the positive impact this will have to further our transformation and growth.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Biggest rewards come from the biggest challenges

Feb 4, 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

This place is tough but rewarding. A grinding sales cycle that can wear people down but IMO it's worth every piece of effort at the end of the day. Zuora is the clear leader in the space and if you execute well you will win and be compensated well. Because it's a challenging sell that touches so many different departments, reps are held to an extremely high standard. Your manager will hold you accountable at each stage of the sales cycle. A great learning experience for reps that have not sold high ACV and complex sales previously. It's difficult to get a deal done here if you are not aligned with the prospect's CFO, CIO, and Revenue/Sales leadership. Learning how to work high in accounts in a skill you will learn here and you'll have that your entire career. Leadership is investing in career development and wants you to be successful. Open travel policy to see customers and prospects.

Cons

We're still learning how to be efficient as a 1,200 employee company. It seems to be getting better, but departments are very siloed across the org. This impacts selling agility. It can take days/weeks to get something done that should have a quick turnaround because of all the internal calls you need to hold. Many bottlenecks due to the high level of approvals and all the tribal knowledge that's held with a few folks across the org. Very steep learning curve on the technology that takes time to get comfortable... 6-12 months minimum.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was just ok

Aug 20, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people for the most part. Nice office, good snacks, everyone knows Zuora because they've been around for a while.

Cons

Horrible sales leadership for the longest time. No upward mobility and customers (even though they know Zuora) absolutely HATE using the platform. Product has a terrible reputation so it isn't exactly a positive experience when trying to upsell/expand on accounts.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Culture

Oct 20, 2020 - Director of Programs in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zuora has a supportive and diverse culture

Cons

Zuora is still growing into a mature public company

Be the first to find this review helpful

ZEO Success Team

We're so glad to hear it. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Reviews