KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 947 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Zurich North America CEO Kristof Terryn
Kristof Terryn
Pros
  • "good leadership, great management and work life balance(in 85 reviews)

• "Flexible, strong compensation package, good benefits(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Felt restricted by corporate in many areas; out of state upper management(in 39 reviews)

• "Difficult to balance work life balance due to excessive work load(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zurich North America and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Zurich is awesome

Mar 11, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employees and customers.

Cons

Salary freeze in 2021 which sucks

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your five star review. Our employees are truly the reason for Zurich's success by putting the needs of our customers first. Due to the dedication and resilience of our employees in a unprecedented year, we were able to offer 2020 Short-Term Incentive Plan awards.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be careful here

Jun 15, 2021 - Underwriting Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work/Life Balance WFH two days a week before pandemic, may be more now after? Solid brand OK benefits When I left, they were trying to get more with the times in terms of technology so that's a good thing.

Cons

-Extremely siloed -Lots of politics/nepotism/favoritism -Management changes direction and cleans house constantly - because of this, -you may lose opportunities to get promoted I started at Zurich with a very positive outlook. Management at the time was supportive, coworkers were great and my workload was manageable. I knew where I wanted to go within the company and did everything that I could keep myself lined up for promotion. Then, I noticed how layoffs are a common occurrence throughout the company though I never really understood why, I just assumed it was necessary cost cutting. Fast forward one year and it was a completely different place. The management that supported me in my development either got new jobs or were let go. The company also began a massive clean up of it's poor book of business. Ultimately, priorities changed. And I, probably like many others hoping to move up, were left forgotten. The workload increased substantially while pay didn't. Side note, promotions aren't something where management gives you a new title and job based on your hard work. You still have to apply and go through the formal HR process which I think is exceptionally stupid. Some managers go around that opening jobs for a specific candidate on their team so that's ok. Once I started applying for promotions, it quickly became apparent that either the company or manager had someone else in mind or the pool of candidates was just too large. You might have had one hundred people applying for the same UW job. Then, if you were lucky enough to get to the HR screener, you still had to jump through hoops including interviews and online assessments (wtf?). As stated above, after going through the process several times, sometimes making it to the last round of interviews and other times not even getting a call from HR, I simply gave up and took my talents elsewhere. After seeing other people get promoted with less experience, the nepotism and favoritism showed its ugly face.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great places to work

Jun 15, 2021 - International Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunities to learn and network with others.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good Company

Jun 9, 2021 - Manager in Kansas City, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and salary. People are great to work with.

Cons

Upper management is out of touch with the workers in the field. Decisions made that are not in the best interest of the employees

5. 4.0

Underwriter

Jun 15, 2021 - Cyber Underwriter in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and benefits

Cons

Not comparable pay in comparison to the market

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

OK place to work

Jun 13, 2021 - Actuary
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great group of actuaries to work with all over the world.

Cons

Strategic direction is always changing (e.g. we are going to invest in the future (Amalfi), then a couple years later we decided that was all wrong and we are going to cut expenses, downsize, and completely tear down that strategy). A large percentage of my co-workers and friends were down-sized over the years. Good wages, but don't plan on retiring there.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Long hours/Great coworkers/Low pay/Call Center job

May 17, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great, no other pros

Cons

Low pay, actual job did not match what I was told in interview by recruiter/Micro-managed every minute of the day. Training did not prepare you for job as you are told by auditors that you are wrong even if you do it that way you were trained

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and we are glad to hear you enjoy working with you colleagues. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with our management team.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great team

Jun 8, 2021 - Analyst in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

one time that is helping each other

Cons

the pay is not the greatest

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

good

Jun 4, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

balanced life and good ptos

Cons

salary not very competitive, work load high

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review and comments about our benefits package. As part of Zurich's continued commitment to our employees and candidates, we conduct an annual salary analysis to ensure our employees receive fair and equitable pay.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great. Not a dead end. Segway and subway voices.

May 23, 2021 - Senior Odficer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great mainstream powplw swims upward loves variety up tosate trend report. Community indusium

Cons

No cussing no being husband to work with me or the car. That's bout it

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 947 Reviews