Zurich North America Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2020

Zurich North America CEO Kathleen Savio
Kathleen Savio
Pros
  • "Work/life balance was really good for the vast majority of the year(in 79 reviews)

• "Flexible, strong compensation package, good benefits(in 71 reviews)

Cons
  • "Felt restricted by corporate in many areas; out of state upper management(in 38 reviews)

• "Difficult to balance work life balance due to excessive work load(in 30 reviews)

"Awesome"

Former Employee - Claims Representative

I worked at Zurich North America full-time

Pros

People, bonus, awards, environment, pa

Cons

pay lunch work times distance to drive

May 7, 2019

Awesome is the key word here. Our people, bonuses, awards, environment, and your five star review are all awesome!!!

2. "Claims adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Zurich North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture great, team oriented, and management wants you to succeed.

Cons

Outdated systems can be frustrating. Other than lagging in basic tech systems I believe this is an awesome company to work for.

June 30, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the positive review. Zurich works hard to foster a collaborative, positive, and inclusive culture for our talented employees. We just launched our ENPS survey and encourage you to share your feedback and suggestions.

3. "Great people and great benefits."

Former Employee - Senior Actuarial Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Zurich North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Enjoyed nearly every person I worked with. Work/life balance was really good for the vast majority of the year. Benefits were very very good.

Cons

None that I can think of.

June 22, 2020Employment Brand and Diversity Sourcing Strategist

Thank you for the review. Zurich is so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We wish you the best with your future endeavors. Please remain in touch and continue checking out our new career opportunities on zurichna.com/careers.

4. "Tax"

Former Employee - Tax in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Zurich North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Staff - should have stayed

Cons

none that I can think of--Great Company

June 16, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We entirely agree with your five star review. Zurich and our employees are great. We encourage you to visit our career site at www.zurichna.com/careers, and check out our employment opportunities. Till then, we wish you all the best.

5. "Solid for a call center position"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Zurich North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Direct management really cares about your success. Good work environment, coworkers are friendly, minimal drama.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement, very long term investment if so. Felt restricted by corporate in many areas; out of state upper management

June 16, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We are proud of the support our Customer Care Center provides to our customers. Our Customer Care Professionals are a key ingredient to Zurich's successful operation. We couldn't agree more with your list of pros. Zurich strives to provide a cohesive environment, where employees are truly empowered to be their best. We were sorry to read that you felt there was no room for advancement. Zurich offers many opportunities, both promotional and lateral for employees to expand their career. We hope you will consider Zurich again in the future. Please check out our career site at www.zurichna.com/careers. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"Na"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Zurich North America full-time

Pros

It was a great company

Cons

No work life balance there

June 8, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your five star review. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

"They say that they care about their employees, But don’t prove it"

2.0
    Current Employee - Ccp II

I have been working at Zurich North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

•WFH 2 days a week •Holiday pay • Decent pto

Cons

• They screw over the employees when it actually comes to working holidays • Management doesn’t actually care to change anything, they just act like they’re making these big steps forward •The systems they use are broken, and it gets worse after every update. •If you have to contact anyone not in your department they either never get back to you, or treat you like a five year old. • You get over worked and they expect you to be ok with some cheap pizza to make up for it.

June 22, 2020Employment Brand and Diversity Sourcing Strategist

Zurich would like to thank you for your review. We are proud of all the offerings in our Total Rewards benefits package and strive to create change and improvements based on our employees’ feedback. We encourage you to visit Zurich’s Idea Center to share your suggestions.

8. COVID-19

"Low Pay, High Workload"

2.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Zurich North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Good Benefits *Work from home - up to 3 days * If you play the game, you can go far.

Cons

*Pay isn't competitive, unless you're in a money making role. Most employees leave to get a raise then eventually come back to Zurich. *I was paid below market value for YEARS, and they 'looked into it' for years. Guarantee if I was a male they would have approved the raise. Ended up leaving for a 30% raise, which is sad I was underpaid that much as a female. *Zurich as a bit of a "boys club" and promotes on favoritism very often *Slow to make decisions, have to go through many layers for approval. *Very conservative and anti-risk company - great example is cancelling the 2020 Intern program due to COVID after already making offers. *High performers are overworked and low performers never addressed

June 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and we wish you the best with your future endeavors. Flexibility in the workplace and offering a competitive benefits package is an important way Zurich supports our employees. Pay equality is critical to the success of any organization. At Zurich, we conduct equal pay and competitive salary analysis regularly. And we focus on the feedback of our employees to help us make sustainable change and enhancements to our work environment.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zurich North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible, strong compensation package, good benefits.

Cons

Very segmented with limited interaction between business units.

June 3, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the five star review! Zurich is proud of our benefits package and ability to offer flexibility to our employees. We continue to work on providing a collaborative environment for all business areas and encourage you to visit our Idea Center. Zurich greatly appreciates our employee feedback and has been able to leverage these suggestions to improve our processes, communication, and business strategies.

"Good company but behind the times"

4.0
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Zurich North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture: great culture as they empower their employees to own their work and drive results. Compensation: above market average at the time I was employed there. Good bonus structure too, and spot bonuses for work that was above and beyond. Excellent work/life balance. You could even sign an agreement to work a certain amount of days from home every week (barring the need to alter for the business). Industry: stable and will always be needed.

Cons

The company technology across the enterprise is way behind other companies. They were trying to get on to Windows 10 and Office 365 when I was there, which is a few years back of other companies I'm familiar with. And those were projects, which took resources and time. Insurance, by nature, isn't the most exciting field, but you do see the other side and how complex it can be. The company also had many departments, especially IT, continually reorganizing and it was a nightmare for me as I had three managers in my first 6 months. Not ideal.

May 26, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We are so glad you enjoyed our work culture as Zurich receives that positive feedback a lot. Zurich is a company that encourages employees to be the CEO of their career, and you’re right, we do empower our employees to own their work, and drive results. The insurance industry might have felt stifled and slow to embrace change in the past. However, Zurich is very optimistic about driving future change in the industry and focusing on innovation. In fact, it’s an exciting place to be right now. We will share your review with the Sr. IT Leadership Team. Zurich sincerely wishes you all the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Found 853 reviews