Zurich North America Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Mario Greco

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Enjoyable Experience from On-boarding to Implementation"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Zurich North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I stayed with my prior employer for quite a long time because I dreaded the process of attempting to find a new job. I only applied for a couple of positions before coming to work at Zurich, and I can say that this has been the easiest on-boarding experience I have ever had. I started with an initial phone interview where I was given an accurate description of the position, followed by an onsite interview, and then received an offer. Through this entire process Arianna, the person from the talent acquisition team that I was working with, stayed in touch with me through calls and text messages. I also felt comfortable joining the team after receiving calls from several members of the leadership team before my start date.

I work for a new area of operations in the company and our leadership has developed a strong team that has been afforded the opportunity to have an impact on the program that was being developed. Almost everyone I work with feels personally invested in the work we do every day. This is largely due to the support we receive from our leadership and the fact that everyone here actually fits in with the company culture. Since we were developing a new program there were some long hours and a lot of flexibility required - everyone from the top down worked together and I always felt appreciated, whether it be through a thank you card or a gift card as a thank you from management.

Cons

While there is good work life balance, and there is a good bonus program, the health insurance benefits are high deductible health plans, not the greatest, but could be much worse.

2. "Zurich Financial Services is one of the best insurance companies to work."

Current Employee - Senior Risk Engineering Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Risk Engineering Consultant in Nashville, TN

Pros

The stability of the company in todays market environment and the ability they allow you to work as a remote employee.

Cons

It at times feel as though they tell you what you want to hear concerning the performance of the company.

Advice to Management

Can't think of anything to say at the moment.

3. "Work Hard, Play Hard, Earn Big"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Training is by far the best thing they do. I was sent on nearly day one to the home office in Overland Park, Ks. for a two week long training session. They follow that up with weeks more of training.

Cons

They expect a lot. And they expect it on day one. You are put out on the street to take your lumps and learn your way.

Advice to Management

When you assign someone a mentor, make sure that the mentor is both ready, willing and able to help the newbie.

4. "Zurich NA -- Good for the Corporate World"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Able recognition for a job well done. Great management. Room for movement and flexibility and a pretty dynamic corporate structure.

Cons

Pretty easy to get caught in the corporate-world trap and not move up at all. Many people seem overly content with putting in their 9-5 shift and going home.

Advice to Management

Keep moving towards the model of consulting firms by allowing more team-based initiatives, where vibrant and dedicated individuals are rewarded with opportunities for advancement.

5. "statistical analysis of claims"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

good benefits, good opportunities for young employees, nice gym and cafeteria

Cons

laying off ppl, nothing else to say

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing about growing young ee's, bc it's good

6. "Comprehensive, Rewarding Learning Experience with Great Mentors"

Former Employee - Corporate Law Intern in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Corporate Law Intern in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

The people at Zurich are wonderful. Everyone shows care for fellow employees and there is never a problem in asking for help or advice on any issue. The newly designed workplace is accommodating and allows for great collaboration. The senior attorneys are all very knowledgeable and reputable.

Cons

If I absolutely had to create a con, it would only be that sometimes the work got monotonous. But overall there were many various experiences.

"Since joining in 2007, Ive had ample opportunity, terrific bosses and colleagues, and a mentally stimulating environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Career developement
    Good management
    Stable work environment
    Mentally stimulating work
    Great collegues
    Great benefits

Cons

Salaries plateau at each job grage and promotions are slow to devlope because many people stay in the same job for many many years

Advice to Management

Hire more younger employees...marketing dep has done this successfully and brought energetic and creative people into a team that collaborates well, advances new ideas and is entreprenurial. Also, rotate job rolesso employees are challenged to learn new skill sets and build broader networks within the organization.

"One of the best jobs I have ever had."

Current Employee - Collections Representartive in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Collections Representartive in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Great salary, great benefits, great opportunities.

Cons

Company has large focus on cutting expenses. 24 of us just were notified on 09/15/11 that our positions will be eliminated. The jobs are being outsourced to a contracting company located in Poland.

9. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Underwriter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Zurich North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, great opportunities for career development

Cons

I don't have any negative comments

Advice to Management

Great people to work

10. "Zurich"

Former Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Purchasing Coordinator in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Zurich North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, great area, awesome job

Cons

Got laid off and cannot get my foot back in the door!