KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zurich North America

Is this your company?

Zurich North America

Add a Review

Zurich North America Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

Found 75 of over 1,068 reviews

3.8
Zurich North America CEO Kristof Terryn
Kristof Terryn
Pros
  • "good leadership, great management and work life balance(in 85 reviews)

• "Flexible, strong compensation package, good benefits(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Felt restricted by corporate in many areas; out of state upper management(in 39 reviews)

• "Difficult to balance work life balance due to excessive work load(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zurich North America and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

May 28, 2020 - Vice President in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, strong compensation package, good benefits.

Cons

Very segmented with limited interaction between business units.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the five star review! Zurich is proud of our benefits package and ability to offer flexibility to our employees. We continue to work on providing a collaborative environment for all business areas and encourage you to visit our Idea Center. Zurich greatly appreciates our employee feedback and has been able to leverage these suggestions to improve our processes, communication, and business strategies.

2. 4.0
      Former Intern

Not a good place for data science

Dec 10, 2020 - Data Science Intern in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office location & good benefits, etc.

Cons

Lack of a technical environment

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Low Pay, High Workload

Jun 10, 2020 - Human Resources in Schaumburg, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Good Benefits *Work from home - up to 3 days * If you play the game, you can go far.

Cons

*Pay isn't competitive, unless you're in a money making role. Most employees leave to get a raise then eventually come back to Zurich. *I was paid below market value for YEARS, and they 'looked into it' for years. Guarantee if I was a male they would have approved the raise. Ended up leaving for a 30% raise, which is sad I was underpaid that much as a female. *Zurich as a bit of a "boys club" and promotes on favoritism very often *Slow to make decisions, have to go through many layers for approval. *Very conservative and anti-risk company - great example is cancelling the 2020 Intern program due to COVID after already making offers. *High performers are overworked and low performers never addressed

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, and we wish you the best with your future endeavors. Flexibility in the workplace and offering a competitive benefits package is an important way Zurich supports our employees. Pay equality is critical to the success of any organization. At Zurich, we conduct equal pay and competitive salary analysis regularly. And we focus on the feedback of our employees to help us make sustainable change and enhancements to our work environment.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Dysfunctional and political

Oct 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits-lots of hard working and good people

Cons

Incompetence is rewarded Top heavy with VPs so people can build empires- but little focus on the front line workers Talks d&i but top is still heavy on old white guys All talk - says all the right things but doesn’t act on it Ageism is rampant

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

decent starting place

Oct 19, 2020 - Claims Specialist II in Hartford, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefits, decent people, good culture

Cons

difficult to move from claims

Talent Acquisition Manager

Zurich is grateful you have taken the time to post a review and are excited to hear you enjoyed working with our talented team. Additionally, we are proud of our benefits offerings and fostering an inclusive environment where people feel a sense of belonging. Zurich has many exciting opportunities both lateral and promotional, and we encourage our employees to have regular conversations with their managers about their career aspirations. Should you consider returning to Zurich, please visit our career site at www.zurichna.com/careers.

6. 3.0
      Former Freelancer

cleaner

Sep 21, 2020 - Janitor/Cleaner
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company, friendly people, good benefits

Cons

cosntant change, no good leaders only changers.

Talent Acquisition Manager

We greatly appreciate your over a decade of service to Zurich and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us. The insurance industry is continuing to evolve and Zurich continues to lead the way. As an organization we are committed to driving sustainable change and creating a brighter future for those we serve.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Overall a good company to work for, good home/work balance.

Feb 18, 2020 - Senior Underwriter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good home/work balance, very good benefits package. Big company that offers plenty of growth opportunity.

Cons

Big company, has typical corporate issues, RIF's, minimal raises.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your ten plus years of service, and your four star review. Your list of pros are spot on. As a large organization we are proud to provide our employees with growth opportunities, work life balance, and a fantastic benefits package. Zurich cares about their employees and strives to ensure that all employees feel valued, respected and empowered. All companies must regularly evaluate their organizations to remain efficient and effective, and work may change as a result of business conditions. To ensure that Zurich North America is well positioned to deliver on our commitments, we continually review our portfolios to make sure we are delivering sustainable, profitable growth. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee

Actuary

Jan 25, 2020 - Consulting Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, good team management

Cons

No room for growth

Talent Acquisition Manager

We’d like to make one slight adjustment to your pros. Our benefits and team management are not just good, they are fantastic!!! Since you have been in your role for less than a year we are sure you are still acclimating yourself. We encourage you to discuss your short term and long term career goals with your manager. Zurich provides a number of tools and resources to help our employees identify and reach their development and career goals. Employment opportunities are posted on our internal career site so that employees can view available positions on demand. Thank you so much for your review.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Absolutely Incompetent office.

Sep 11, 2019 - Senior Claims Examiner in Woodland Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are the "corporation" is good; good benefits, work at home, vacation days, etc

Cons

The cons are the Woodland Hills office is just a nest of incompetent underachievers who are just there to pick up their inflated paychecks and bonuses, while at the same time, being so bad that they lose every account they have. Almost the entire office is incompetent, and EVERY supervisor is FRIENDS with the branch manager/ vice president, so NOTHING will ever get better.

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your three plus years of service to Zurich. Based on your list of pros, it sounds like you embraced our benefits, PTO, and flexibility to work from home. These are just a few items that make our corporation better than good, it makes us great!! We were disappointed to read your list of cons pertaining to our Woodland Hills, California office. We will share your feedback with Claims leadership. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Needs some work

Oct 7, 2019 - Senior Underwriter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home; Good Benefits; great culture (socially)

Cons

Unorganized, Inefficient; horrible systems;

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Although you are no longer in our employ, it appears you had some great experiences per your list of pros. We agree with you, our culture is great, and we think our benefits are better than good, they are fantastic. Our Flex Work Program is one of our most popular benefits, providing the work / life balance our employees need. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 75 Reviews