KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Zurple Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2022

Found 26 of over 26 reviews

3.5
Zurple General Manager Jack Markham (no image)
Jack Markham

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

PPC Specialist

Mar 6, 2021 - PPC Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

PPC Specialist was a good experience

Cons

Whole team experience was good

2. 2.0

Hard to make money

Jul 17, 2022 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a fun place to work.

Cons

It's hard to make real money.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

account executive

Nov 17, 2021 - Account Executive in Mission Viejo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

guaranteed pay. friendly staff and co workers

Cons

high turn over rate. not a lot of help for newbies

4. 3.0

Review

Jun 25, 2021 - Client Support Team Worker in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The core product is a good product. Relaxed Work Atmosphere Fellow Employees were great to work with Good Benefits On the whole I enjoyed my time there despite what I am about to list in the cons section.

Cons

Upper management has a "we know best" philosophy. The people working with clients closely know the areas where improvement is needed and although management has an "open door policy" for feedback, that is really just an empty platitude. Lower level managers are given very little opportunity to innovate, are scapegoated, and replaced. Zurple is part of a larger conglomerate called Constellation Software. There are many good things about that such as access to capital for funding new projects and the ability to learn from the successes/failures of other business units. The downside is for a business such as Zurple that relies on partnerships with other businesses for things such as lead generation or home search tools there is no choice but to use the other business units at Constellation. There are undoubtedly better partners for those resources, but Zurple will never get access to them because they fall outside the Constellation family. I understand why this is the case, as it is more profitable for the corporation to stay in house for these resources. It is just unfortunate that a product as good as the Zurple product is hampered by the deficiencies of other brands in the corporation.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay

Aug 9, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent training. Work/life balance. Small team. Team leads are passionate but are spread too thin.

Cons

Not enough hands on training. Confusion on the marketplace and whether the product truly held up to its claims.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fine place to work

May 6, 2021 - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun work environment - Potential for solid commission - No micromanaging

Cons

- Management constantly changing - Lack of product improvement where it matters over the years - Not huge growth potential

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Highly Recommend For Sales Reps Who Want To Be Challenged

Sep 16, 2020 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Product And Management With Lots of Support

Cons

Although this is outside of management's control, everybody is working remotely due to covid. Since the office environment and energy is very good, try to find a way to open the office again safely...

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

Tough Job, if your successful you can make money, but work life balance is off and management

Sep 9, 2020 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-great team meaning the sales team -There are certain people, who want you to succeed and will help you, but you got to find them -good product, but tough to sell because you're working with a very specific market that has money

Cons

-very early hours, and a very exhausting job emotionally -no support to make you better, just threats that they will fire you, when most of the time it's out of your control with a very high quota -there are some great people that work there and will help you, but upper management just wants to increase the bottom line and will do whatever it takes, even if it hurts their employees to get there (Zurple is not always ethical with it's employees or clients) -you cold call 90% of the time. Yes, you get some leads, but most are fake internet leads, or people who never meant to sign up for a call and have absolutely no money to invest because Zurple is overpriced

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

You Should Work Here

Dec 17, 2019 - Marketing Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at Zurple with 1-2 years of real world marketing experience. What I didn't know going into the position as a Marketing Coordinator at Zurple was that it would me be a stepping stone for the rest of my career as a marketing professional. Zurple's Director of Marketing & Product Development gave me invaluable experience that has only helped my career since. I felt compelled to write this Glass Door review because looking back at my time at Zurple, I realize now that no other company (and no other boss) since has been willing to invest in me as an employee as Zurple did. Many other companies will take your resume at face value for the experience you have, not the potential you have as an individual. Few managers and companies are willing to take the time to sit with you and teach you new skills. Whether you're looking for a position in sales, marketing, finance or another profession, you should work here.

Cons

The weird instant Farmers Brothers Coffee they have in the break room is terrible. Hopefully they've replaced it since I've worked there.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The most exciting work experience of my life to date.

Jan 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, passion, drive, culture. Fun place to work with incredibly smart and engaged coworkers who genuinely care for each other. Total transparency through the organization makes my struggles to make an impact rewarding. I know I'm working on the right things, and the highest executives know exactly notice and appreciate the results.

Cons

I have no substantial Zurple complaints, but that said, I can suggest a couple areas for improvement. First, I am not a fan of SugarCRM which the company uses as its central source for customer information. Second, the company grew so quickly that it is still catching-up in some areas from an operational perspective.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews