Zynex Medical Employee Reviews about "zynex"

Updated Nov 3, 2021

Found 13 of over 308 reviews

4.2
Zynex Medical Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer Thomas Sandgaard
Thomas Sandgaard

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great in my opinion as well.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Pay is decent(in 18 reviews)
  • "Everyone here wants to see you succeed.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Worked with some really great people in my department.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great team, great experience, team always ready to assist.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Zynex Medical and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "zynex"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Helping patients find pain relief. Daily Purpose.

Aug 23, 2021 - Territory Sales Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love waking up with the daily goal to help as many patients in pain as possible. The best part of the job is having patients reach out to me about how much better they feel. It makes this job worth every minute. It gives me the daily purpose I need, and it comes with such a rewarding feeling. If I ever have a problem or need assistance, I have all the resources I need to succeed. I love working for Zynex Medical, and a huge reason for that is my Regional Sales Manager.

Cons

I really wouldn't say I have any cons of working at Zynex Medical. Its a great place to work.

HR Admin

Hi - thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your time working to help our patients lead pain-free lives. Keep up the great work!

2. 1.0
    Current Employee

Poorly managed

Nov 3, 2021 - Territory Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team is awesome in Oklahoma

Cons

Zynex makes you scrub your own lead list that has 5yo information, no CRM, no historical data to show market share-not that they care, and give unrealistic quotas. Salary is not "uncapped" and order fulfillment teams let your orders set for 6 months or more.

Recruiting Supervisor

Hi – thanks for being on our team and for leaving us your honest feedback. We will discuss your comments internally to see how in what ways your ideas could be implemented. We can guarantee that Territory Manager commissions are indeed uncapped and every prescription that is sent in receives a call within 24 hours to fulfill. We recommend bringing these suggestions to your Regional Sales Manager as well. Thanks again for your feedback!

3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

My unbiased opinion. Read before applying

Aug 4, 2021 - Territory Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

foot in the door to medical device, decent base salary, benefits, mileage reimbursement

Cons

Where do I begin. Zynex has a massive issue when it comes to over billing patients. (As someone who used to work for insurance company) they do not pre authorize meaning they’ll ship the device BEFORE a patient knows if it’s approved or not. Their is a lack of transparency about monthly supplies. They will end up getting a bill months later with denials and owe not only the device but hundreds of extra dollars on supplies as well. Even had a hospital tell me never to push that product ever again, because they ran into so many issues. You also have a 1200 budget and that all has to be paid out of pocket before you get reimbursed a month later. Paying that much money out of pocket is ridiculous. Not once have we ever had a good reason as to why we can’t get a debit card. Every big medical device company has one?!?! In my opinion work here for 6-12 months at most and go find an ethical company to work for. If you still don’t believe what I have posted look up the Ceo and how he has been sued by insurance companies for over billing and lying about the company stock. They also claim to work for all insurances but we don’t count Medicare/Medicaid for quota. Guess you don’t matter to Zynex if your old or poor.

8 people found this review helpful

HR Admin

Hi! You've clearly had a very poor experience with Zynex, and it seems mostly unrelated to your position. I won't respond to all of the claims you're making, but will say that helping patients in pain is the driving force behind all we do. We would also encourage all potential applicants to do research on our founder and CEO, Thomas Sandgaard. You won't find anything regarding being sued over billing or lying about the company stock, but may find quite a bit about the Sandgaard Foundation, an organization Thomas founded that is committed to stopping the opioid crisis. In any case, thank you for continuing to help patients in pain, reviewer. Best of luck in the field!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

A terrible place to work

May 7, 2021 - Billing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

No graveyard shift? There are no perks.

Cons

Micromanagement Lack of communication Poor benefits Low pay Company does not give raises I don’t know where to begin. There isn’t much good at all about working here and there’s a long list of bad things. The turnover rate is ridiculous, there is constant micromanagement and neck breathing despite everything being uncoordinated, sounds like they’re mutually exclusive but the higher ups at Zynex have figured out how to do both. There are no raises and it’s pretty clear. Anyone I know who has asked for a raise gets replaced by a temp and we never see them again. Further the company states that they do give raises, but not for showing up or “staying employed” so essentially they do not give raises, there are no raises for going above and beyond and there is no raises to keep up with the cost of living in Denver year after year. If you want a raise you leave to a better company. The cherry on top is the price gouging, surprise billing and unethical treatment of customers. This company does not care about its employees either, and I doubt will be in business in the next 5 years. They will try to say that they do have great managers and the company just has growing pains but this just is not true. The management is awful and uneducated, many don’t have a bachelors degree and the turn over rate is atrocious. Go above and beyond and you won’t get the time of day, ask for a raise and you’ll be shown the door. They are looking for slave labor, not go getters. This is clear when they are always urgently hiring and new faces don’t stick around more than a few weeks, maybe two months.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Growth and Great Coworkers

Aug 26, 2020 - Human Resources Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at the company are amazing. I love my team and everyone is so supportive. There is plenty of opportunity for growth and personal development, and my supervisors have been so helpful in that regard. The benefits are great, particularly PTO.

Cons

Zynex is growing rapidly and this may be a con for those who are adverse to change. On the other hand, it’s great for those who are flexible and wish to stay with the company long term.

HR Admin

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your time with Zynex. Thank you for joining us to fight the opioid epidemic. Zynex has been growing rapidly and it allows our employees to grow with us. We appreciate your dedication and commitment to Zynex. We look forward to continued success in the future.

6. 5.0

Outstanding Company with Limitless Oportunity

Apr 8, 2020 - Mechanical Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding resources and management, competitive pay, and insanely fast growth from great management and employees.

Cons

I have zero cons about Zynex.

7. 5.0

Great Job!

Feb 7, 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zynex really cares about patients and about its employees! The Zynex mission statement clearly defines the company and what they are all about. This job gives me a sense of pride in what I do and that I am able to help patients gain control over their lives while managing their pain. I am so thankful I joined the Zynex team!

Cons

I wish I would have known about Zynex sooner!

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Save yourself the time now and keep looking for somewhere else

Feb 3, 2020 - Billing
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are decent, they'll reimburse for gym memberships up to $50 a month, and you get free food fairly often. The CEO is a great human being and I think he truly does believe in the mission. Most of my coworkers were great people.

Cons

I wish I knew where to begin...let me just start by saying that the biggest problem here is the management below the CEO. They claim to care so much about employee feedback, but if there is a single valuable suggestion made about improvement in employee care, they shoot it down or simply ignore it. The excuses are endless from them (just take a look at the response to any negative review on here). They say the want to grow as a company, meaning not just in revenue, but in patient care, employee morale (they like to throw this word around a lot), and in company size. However in doing so, they sacrifice everything I just mentioned. It is all about the income. They hire endlessly and expand departments, but then train horribly so that the new hires make mistakes often, and then are reprimanded like it was their fault they weren't trained right. The drama from management is also unexcusable. Supervisors and others on the management team gossip to no end, and somehow it backfires and employees get dragged into it and blamed. Favoritism also runs amok here. Raises are nonexistent, as are promotions. One of their new goals as a company is to "develop their people." Supposedly, the goal is to help their employees accomplish their goals, including and not limited to, moving to other departments. However, when you request to move somewhere else where you know your skills could be better honed, the excuses are endless as to why it won't happen. This then leads to the awful turnover rate that they are now battling. People are terminated often, and the amount of resignations climb every week now. The amount of turnover also leaves the people who are still working here with a very high amount of work. Pay is also pretty sub-par. I've seen worse, but for the work load you get handed, it's not worth it. Also, hope you don't mind driving in a blizzard or bomb cyclone to go work, because the company doesn't shut down for anything. They say this is for patient care, but honestly, this is again for revenue. If people can understand coastal states shutting down for hurricanes, they'll understand the equivalent here in Colorado. Not to mention, employee lives are just as valuable as patients. This leads into the PTO policy- you get 10 hours accrued a month...which seems great until you realize this is for sick leave too. And you can only use it in 4 or 8 hour increments, which makes appointments and other things very hard to schedule. Employee treatment aside, this company also scams the patients. This hit me on a very strong ethical level. I saw insurance fraud every day. If insurance doesn't pay, Zynex will continue to send things to patients (who are VAGUELY informed) and allow them to rack up huge bills. Some patients aren't informed at all, i.e. Blue Cross patients aren't informed of the cost of the unit up front, and then are hit with a bill down the road. Supply costs aren't reviewed with any patient until after they've been sent some and inevitably charged. And again, the insurance fraud is endless, too. Zynex will exhaust insurance benefits on various plans and find every loophole to get as much money out of insurance companies as possible. I could honestly write so much more, but for the sake of readability, I won't. Just know this company is not worth your time. The mental energy it takes to work here is way too much for what are mostly entry level jobs. Beware of the job postings too; most of them are not entirely truthful about what you will be doing. I know mine was completely shaded from what I did on a daily basis. All I can say is, walking out those glass doors was a huge weight off my chest.

15 people found this review helpful

HR Admin

We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review regarding your experience with Zynex. We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. Here at Zynex Medical, we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and we use these reviews and experiences to examine, and where necessary, refine our recruiting process. We wish you the best in your future career endeavors.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast-paced and competitive work environment, where everyone wants to help you succeed

Dec 26, 2019 - Account Executive in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

New-Hire Training, Work-Life Balance, Extremely Supportive Staff, Great Benefits, Competitive Culture, Happy Employees

Cons

Nothing has been negative about working with Zynex :)

HR Admin

We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review on Zynex Medical. Without Account Executives like you our patients would not have access to the amazing products we offer. It’s great to hear you feel the support from our corporate office. Recent feedback classified our training, communication, and support as the best in the industry. Thank you for your positive feedback. We look forward to continued success in helping patients in pain.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you are looking for a great job, look no further.

Dec 23, 2019 - Account Executive in Eastern, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zynex Medical has a great device line that is helping patients nation wide. Management is superb. The company is understanding, relatable, and passionate about what they do. Everyone works as a team and supports all those around them to help the company feel like family. I thoroughly enjoy working for Zynex. You are paid well, have a lot of autonomy, and we challenged to be your best. What more could you want or ask for?

Cons

I have zero complaints about Zynex.

HR Admin

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about your time with Zynex. Though you have only been employed here for a short while, we are pleased you see our passion for helping patients. We put our patients first and have been working hard to create a collaborative and supportive work environment for all teams. Thank you for joining us to fight the opioid epidemic. We appreciate your commitment to Zynex. We are pleased to have you onboard and excited to have you partnering in our success!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews