Zynga Reviews

4.1
Zynga CEO Frank Gibeau
Frank Gibeau
Pros
Cons
  • "Since it's a gaming company there's literally no work life balance(in 62 reviews)

• "Upper management is not good at picking the right games to develop(in 40 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A Stable Startup Community"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Zynga is a public company wrapped around a group of startups, with each team having significant freedoms to choose their own technology, strategy, and designs without being forced to tow the company line on core decisions. The teams heavily embrace an open community within this ecosystem, and there is significant cooperation between these teams to share technology, processes, and code to allow sister teams to prosper as opposed to companies where teams are in constant competition over resources. Nor do teams have their technical / creative decisions restricted by a rigid company persona, or are forced to leverage specific technologies due to primarily political decisions. Sitting in between these teams is the Cloud Engineering team, which works with every team to support and disseminate new processes, technologies and patterns across this loosely coupled community. We enjoy the opportunity of tracking the different technologies, challenges, and successes from our peers, increasing our own knowledge base as Zynga continues to grow. In return, we focus on pairing solutions with partners throughout the company, and leading teams on the path of prosperity. Zynga in general has a very strong work life balance, with generous PTO (not gated by seniority), maternity/paternity leave, and benefits to care for your family and pets. Our team has taken this as a core tenet to balance the challenges of supporting such a wide variety of clients and their needs, by emphasizing the importance of regular PTO, predictable work hours, and the role of remote-work.

Cons

Zynga is a multinational, and many teams are relatively distributed across different offices and time zones, so communication is often electronic rather than personal. While this introduces us to friends and co-workers around the world, opportunities to work together in person are rare. Commuting time to our major offices like San Francisco can be challenging, so we heavily emphasize and subsidize public transportation or shuttles where available. Senior management has changed frequently in the past 10 years, shuffling organizations and strategy, but the current CEO has put Zynga into a continuous growth trend for the last couple years, and seems poised to have brought strategic stability.

Zynga2020-02-27

"A stable place to work with a culture of achievement and cool peers!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong teams Great benefits Flexible culture Impactful work with leading technologies Perks - Great food and Parties Opportunities to grow Sound Management

Cons

Fast pace work with a laser focus on growing the business is great, but can be intense at times. Business units can operate in silos and may not feel as accessible from other teams.

Zynga2020-04-09
  3. "Pretty decent"

Current Employee - Senior Animator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

a lot of great benefits

Cons

mixed bag of people to work with/for. Some are great and some can be difficult and frustrating to work under. Middle management can sometimes be process heavy for the sake of process to seem smart or well thought out when they get in the way more than anything.

Zynga2020-04-30

"If you're a hardworker with low self-worth, this is the place for you."

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, attempts at creating culture and company spirit.

Cons

No leadership. Senior executives act as if it is employees' privilege they show up for work. Lots of internal conflicts between leaders, studios, and teams. No direction.

Zynga2020-04-18

"I enjoyed my tenure"

Former Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At the time, there were opportunities to grow. I worked on several teams. Each game team was run like an individual corporation. awesome team camaraderie and morale, especially on a golden goose game team. The percs were AMAZING: food, trips to Hawaii, swag, etc

Cons

significantly underpaid while there. My last manager did his best to remedy this through bonuses and stock.

Zynga2020-04-16

"Long-Term Employment Worthy"

Current Employee - Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has best interest in staff and everyone works cohesively to achieve company goals

Cons

Due to nature of public trading company, employees aren't normally aware of certain sensitive information until when news are ready to be shared with general public

Zynga2020-03-10

"it was fine"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

a team that tried to minimize crunch

Cons

higher ups seemed to be constantly looking for our team to fail

Zynga2020-03-18
  8. "Twst"

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Aamzing but like amazing so amazing

Cons

None to describe right now

Zynga2020-02-25

"Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Dog-friendly, Amenities, Gym, Snacks

Cons

Team Dynamic, Acquisition team dynamic, competition between teams

Zynga2020-03-04

"Director Mobile SQA"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, great team, nice perks for employees

Cons

Long hour, bad management, unreal expectations

Continue reading