Zynga Reviews | Glassdoor

Zynga Reviews

Updated June 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Many non-cash benefits such as free breakfast, lunch and dinner; as well as, free starbucks style coffee (in 36 reviews)

• Benefits - Free food, relaxed work environment, centrally located (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • Since it's a gaming company there's literally no work life balance (in 60 reviews)

• Lots of indecision among upper management which comes down as thrash to the different teams (in 38 reviews)

"Challenging and Rewarding"

Current Employee - G&A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - G&A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Zynga for nearly 4 years and my experience has been phenomenal. I've never worked in an organization that truly provided opportunities for employees to catapult their careers to the next level. The company fosters a creative and collaborative environment. My team is amazing - we work hard and have fun doing so. Overall, company culture is improving with Mark's return and I'm optimistic about what the future holds for Zynga. Perks/Benefits are fantastic. Cadillac medical/dental/vision plans where Zynga pays 100% of premiums for employees. 401k match, great workout facility and the culinary team is top notch.

Cons

The leadership changes have been tough on some groups but I'm hopeful that Mark and his staff will get everyone back on a path with a clear strategic direction.

Zynga represents a meritocracy and while it may not be for everyone, folks that are ambitious and motivated to help the company through this transition will do very well here.

2. "Game company"

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, OK work life balance, friendly people

Cons

Product/project timeline changes too frequently.

Advice to Management

Better mid-term planning on projects to meet the KPIs.

3. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

smart co-workers, perks, great location in SF, data-driven, testing mentality, ownership, opportunity to release a dozen times per year

Cons

very little professional training, in-fighting across divisions and disciplines, game-making is very difficult and stressful

Advice to Management

needs a much stronger of deciding a rolling 18-month slate (future production)

4. "Awesome!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Puppies!
    Free food/snacks/lunch.
    Great benefits and perks.
    Learning and field trip budgets.
    Life drawing sessions.
    Excellent culture.

Cons

Tasks can be a little chaotic and unclear.
     Organization could improve.

"Fun, fast-paced place to work!"

Pros

Team is a supportive group of people who care about the company. The perks are great. Growth in career is attainable. Fun culture and dogs!!

Cons

Sometimes feels as if there are roadblocks to getting your job done due to changing priorities.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Zynga the best company I have ever worked for. Outside of Zynga just being a fun and exciting company, the people are the smartest and friendliest I've ever met. Career growth is encouraged and they invest in all of their employees. We all work very hard and are rewarded generously for our output. We also play hard. We have weekly happy hours, we have a great culinary staff who feeds us morning, noon and night, and we celebrate our accomplishment regularly.

I love my team and all of the game teams that I support. My manager is very supportive and my business partners from other teams are the best of the best.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Zynga... best decision I've ever made to come work here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

7. "Awesome"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Favorite place I have worked, helped me further my skills. Paid for my training

Cons

Pay was a little on the low side

"FUN and Collaborative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Zynga has such a fun and collaborative environment for their employees to thrive in! The office space is inviting and gives a chance for employees to be innovative. There is a lot of cross-functionality and so much opportunity to learn from individuals who have been in the business awhile. There are many perks: free breakfast/lunch/dinner, onsite gym, wellness services, dog friendly, and much more! The people make it great.

Cons

Some slight turnover, but I feel optimistic retention will be better in the near future.

9. "Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great energy and a positive outlook for the future of games at Zynga. The culture is great and there are lots of perks such as bring your dog to work, bring your kids to work, free meals and plenty of snacks

Cons

I have not found any thus far

Advice to Management

Execute on the strategy and continue to make Zynga a fun place to work.

10. "Incredible Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

People here at Zynga genuinely passionate about their work with the goal of connecting the world through social games, and creating meaningful relationships for players. Zynga has great opportunities for growth and learning, especially for high performers. There is a strong “work hard- play hard” mentality across teams and people’s careers are rewarded tremendously. It’s a dynamic environment, surrounded with smart, driven, and motivated people. The office space itself is open and inspiring and they provide amazing benefits to reward employees (gym, 401K match, free food etc.). It’s rare to find a company with such a strong culture and mission.

Cons

I feel very optimistic about Zynga’s future.