Zyte Reviews

Current Employee, more than 5 years

QA

Apr 13, 2021 - QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing is cons there to say

Cons

Everything is working fine here

2. 5.0

Part of a World Wide Family

Dec 6, 2019 - Executive in Top of the World, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

A multicultural company, with understanding of all cultures and work ethics. A company that is always innovating. A company that is prepared to grab change and embrace it. Making the best version of me in a work environment that fits around my life.

Cons

If I had to say a con it would be the time it took for me to understand that remote working is really the best way to work. No more hours sitting in traffic, and arriving stressed before the day has begun. Once I realised I was trusted to work on my own timeframe and told that 5 hours of productive work is better than 8 hours of pretending to work, things really took off .

Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and it's great to hear that you are enjoying both working at Scrapinghub and remote working.

3. 5.0

Awesome company to work

Nov 17, 2018 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture. Very smart people. Meetups. Diverse opportunities. Goal-oriented.

Cons

Some time you have to overwork to achieve before deadlines, but managers are always open to hear

Head of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback. I know from time to time we all have to work additional hours to meet deadlines and I'm glad you can talk to your manager about this.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Aug 17, 2016 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

A completely remote company with highly skilled employee from more than 20 countries spread around the world. There is not a central office, you are always in the loop by chat and video conferences. Very challenging and interesting problems to solve. Flexible working hours from Monday to Friday and you take the bank holidays that apply to your country.

Cons

No chance to be part of company shares. No 401k or similar retirement plans.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0

Oct 24, 2016 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Remote - 20 VLs per year + holidays of your country which you can move around, effectively making them sort of like VLs - Salary can be good depending if you live in a low cost of living country

Cons

- Not so high salary - Not much room for growth - Sometimes it gets really hectic depending on which client/project you are handling

9 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Aug 30, 2016 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

completely remote company .. freedom to select your own working hours

Cons

No chance to be part of company shares.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Engineer

Oct 19, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to work at any time of the day. Good initiatives of online allowances.

Cons

It tends to get lonely as team members are also remotely based.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best in Class

Apr 8, 2021 - Software Developer in Ciudad de Mexico
    Business Outlook

Pros

Owners were always very accessible and the staff left us to work in peace with a feeling of professional trust.

Cons

Pay was below industry standard and as a contractor there were few benefits.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Corrupt & Manipulative Enterprise

Mar 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work is 'remote' but before COVID. Now a million companies are conducting remote working in far superior fashion.

Cons

The only possible thing approaching a Pro in this company is that the work is remote, but far more companies conduct their remote working in less regimented fashion and faciliate real freedom of working. Do not be fooled by their attempts to dull their reviews, which they have expressed internally. They also engage in unethical practices with unethical businesses and should be further investigated. I implore all those with journalistic leanings to do so. I cannot tell you enough, avoid this place at all costs. They do not care about their employees, they care about profits at their expense, it's unethical and under a kind of cult of personality from within. Everyone is too afraid to express their true feelings for fear of losing their jobs. Avoid avoid avoid.

2 people found this review helpful

Zyte Response

Thank you for your feedback, we take great pride in our company culture, ethics, and remote working environment and want to ensure we address any concerns in that regard. Zyte has always been a remote-first company. It's a large part of our company culture and we have worked hard to ensure we do it well. We take great care to ensure the highest of ethics across the company and have a dedicated compliance team (best in the industry), a well-versed HR team, and a company culture that continuously promotes ethics and best practices in all our work. We’re sorry that you did not feel this reflected in your work and are always re-doubling our efforts in this regard. Zytans (our staff members) are at the heart of everything we do. We believe we have some of the most talented, brilliant, and kind people working for us and we value each and every Zytan very much. We work hard to instill our values into everything we do and to foster an open and honest work environment and part of that is giving direct feedback. We’re disappointed to hear that our values and ethics did not resonate with you and take feedback such as this very seriously. Zyte maintains a very ethical, open, flexible, and respectful workplace and we will incorporate any and all feedback we receive to keep growing in that direction. Shane Evans, CEO

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good practice for QA Engineer

Mar 23, 2021 - QA Engineer in Kiev
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team. Excellent technology, Best practice for Automation QA

Cons

Not best Salary for Ukraine

Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Reviews