Zywave Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Jason Liu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Slightly low pay for the position" (in 9 reviews)

• "fairly high turnover rate despite fairly good benefits" (in 6 reviews)

"Thankful to be here!"

I have been working at Zywave full-time

Pros

I am a new-hire here at Zywave and have had a great experience in my short time with the company. I can already tell this was a step in the right direction and I can envision a long and happy career here!

-Quick recruitment process, genuinely amazing co-workers, positive & fun environment, beautiful office, great benefits, 4 weeks PTO is unbeatable, nice perks & work/life balance, opportunity for growth, pleasant onboarding experience, recognition programs, working with intelligent people & high performers...all my boxes are checked.

Cons

I have not found any as of yet!

2. "Scare Tactics."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Zywave full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cool facility?
    Great place for grads fresh out of college to cut their teeth?

Cons

Their brand is one of the worst in the insurance space. It makes it extremely difficult to be successful there. Senior reps will get handed most of the good opportunity or job duties and leave new reps fighting for the scraps.

Advice to Management

Stop legally pursuing your customers, former customers, and former employees. Forcing people to stay in a relationship with you by use of legally enforced scare tactics isn't going to further your business, or brand.

3. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Zywave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Invests heavily in on-boarding and continuous learning for employees. Everyone is always willing to help.

Very positive changes under the new CEO. Much easier to see how Zywave stays on top now.

Cons

Wages are below average for the region in some positions.

4. "Great culture, lots of changes"

I worked at Zywave full-time

Pros

Culture is young and eager to work. Great PTO and work life balance.

Cons

Compensation is below market value. There have been a lot of changes within the past year. Have lost a lot of talented individuals because of compensation and said changes. With the continued loss of tap talent, knowledge gaps are becoming part of the norm.

5. "Seriously, This Place is Amazing"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexible hours: Zywave's core hours are 9am - 2pm which means you need to be in the office, but that leaves you the flexibility to work later or longer and leave earlier. It is wonderful for not eating up all your vacation time for appointments.

Required continuous education: Whether it is a webinar, article, book, or class, it is expected that you constantly strive to stay on top of trends and self improvement.

Empowerment: If you don't like a process or you think something can be streamlined you are allowed to take ownership, pull in the necessary people and come up with a plan of attack.

Everyone is rooting for you: Seriously, no one wants you to fail. In fact, you will be presented with opportunities to break you out of your comfort zone. Never say no because you think you can't, figure it out, make it happen and enjoy the ample acknowledgement and kudos.

The dress code: Wear what makes you comfy (within reason). They care more about your mind, innovation, and customer service than if you wear a tshirt and jeans every day.

Amazing work space: Tired of your cubby, take your laptop to one of the many public spaces and work. From couches, to an AMAZING employee lounge, to an outdoor patio...Being here for the core hours of 9 - 2 is definitely not a punishment.

You are encouraged to socialize: There is actually a time tracking code dedicated to socializing. So take 30 minutes and go shoot pool or play ping pong.

Career advancement: From the first month you are here, they are setting you up and encouraging you to bring your A game. I have seen a CONSTANT stream of internal advancement. They acknowledge and reward hard work.

Cons

There really isn't a lot of negatives in all honesty.

SOME aspects of meetings: I have yet to be in a meeting that I was like, "what is the point." They are focused and believe in starting and stopping on time. The only thing is, some days my meetings are stacked up, back to back for a solid 3 hours. I hate to be late so sometimes you forgo basic needs.

Temperature: Sometimes the building is exceptionally cold. Seriously, we layer and it is summer right now.

Advice to Management

None.

"Anonymous"

I worked at Zywave full-time

Pros

Good company if your fresh out of college because its a good resume builder but that is the only + about working here

Cons

*Pay is extremely low compared to average. Many employees have second jobs so they can make ends meet
    *The average employee is 24 years old and they do this purposely so they don't have to pay them a lot because they are just out of college or have very little professional experience
    *The team leads have their favorites and if your not in a specific clique your doomed

Advice to Management

Pay employees their worth

7. "Great for entry level position."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is friendly and fast moving. You have the ability to learn quickly from very smart people. Good benefits for employees.

Cons

In the department I was in there was not much opportunity for advancement. Which is pretty important. Also the pay is lower than other places I've had experience with.

8. "Would recommend working here"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO, nice coworkers, great product, cool office, very transparent leadership/ownership team. Boot camp for new hires is long, but very helpful. Sales managers are human...not drill sergeants chasing quotas.

Cons

The pay could be higher for tech sales. But benefits overall are good! Only so many insurance companies to sell to.

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Wauwatosa, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fun work environment and positive team attitudes. I truly love coming to work every day and learning something new.

Cons

Sometimes it can get a little overwhelming with the workload but it helps to build on organizational skills.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You guys have your people in mind and it is a real comfort!

"Product Manager"

I worked at Zywave full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Zywave is amazing company to work for. You can set your own path at your own pace. Zywave rewards hard work and ambition. The people you work with are talented and create a comfortable, creative environment of continuous learning. Several people were able to get experience in roles that they wouldn't be able to at other companies with degrees or experience in those areas. Many people forget this unfortunately when they reflect on working at Zywave.

Cons

Expectation of extraordinary growth in revenue has limited investment needed in software products and frustration among Zywave customers.

Advice to Management

I had some of the best managers at Zywave. I wouldn't be where I am today without them.