Zywave Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2020

4.1
Zywave CEO Jason Liu (no image)
Jason Liu
Pros
Cons
  • "Relatively low pay ceiling that feels like you’ve reached a peak early on(in 11 reviews)

• "Upper management can make you feel unappreciated(in 11 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Wonderful Experience from Application through Training"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zywave full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing People and Fantastic Culture - everyone I have met (virtually) have been kind, fun, knowledgeable and welcoming. I came to Zywave from within the insurance industry so I am excited to share my knowledge, and I can tell that Zywave associates are excited for this as well. Onboarding during COVID - The process was professional and well executed, even though the pivot from in person to virtual was over-night. Zywave's associates are problem solvers and quick to action!

Cons

None! I just wish I could have been training in Milwaukee to meet everyone.

Continue reading

"Good place to start a career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice office and culture, decent benefits, decent pay

Cons

Kind of cliquey, some favoritism among team leads

"New Customer Success Management Is Terrible"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Success Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Forward thinking Saas company Good co-workers Company events Unlimited PTO & work-life balance

Cons

Products are launched before they're ready and are error-prone. New Customer Success Management is an absolute rudderless mess that place their shortcomings on their employees and push them out. Internal processes are ever-changing and sloppy Ultimately, you're helping insurance brokers make more money off of clients, so there's a moral grey area.

July 2, 2020HR Manager

We’re pleased to see that you enjoyed many of the benefits of working and growing with us throughout your time here. Technology is an ever-changing, fast-paced industry, and with that, we are dedicated to a constant evolution of our products and our business. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue to improve as we fine-tune the scope of the new customer success role.

4. "Support and Implementation"

Former Employee - Partner Support Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Zywave full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment to learn and develop business soft skills

Cons

Very very low pay and not much outside experience in middle level management

July 2, 2020HR Manager

We appreciate the 3+ years you spent learning and growing with Zywave. While our business moves very fast, it creates significant opportunity for the professional development of our employees which supports long-term career growth. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on how we can continue to uphold our top workplace reputation.

"Zywave is a great place to work!!"

Current Employee - Support Specialist

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zywave offers possibly the best benefits around not to mention some of the most interesting, kind people to work with. The atmosphere is casual and fun with many added bonuses including Brewers game outings, Snow Ball, among many more! I can easily see sticking with Zywave for the foreseeable future!

Cons

The pay could be better and typically Zywave falls on the lower end of the spectrum in terms of pay when compared to other companies for doing the same job required.

"Great, Growing Company"

Former Employee - Support Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous PTO, solid work/life balance, extremely supportive managers, from middle management up, good amount of company sponsored events. Support in particular has an absolutely INCREDIBLE team to work with, top to bottom.

Cons

Pay is low bordering on laughable, especially given the steadily increasing workload (for Support and other entry level roles only - cannot verify for other roles). Opportunities for growth, promotion, and advancement can be sluggish depending on department/role.

"Thoroughly Great"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zywave has a great office, benefits, and culture. The content team itself is very friendly and welcoming to new ideas and perspectives. As a content writer there's a lot of flexibility, such as the ability to manage my own workload, work the hours that best fit my personal schedule, and even work from home once a week. I've worked as a writer at several other organizations in the area, and this is the first one that feels like it's worth staying at for the long-term.

Cons

I've only employed for here a year so any glaring cons there might be from a long-term perspective have not been made apparent to me yet. I'm not sure how much opportunity there realistically is for advancement in my position or what the pay ceiling is, so I can't speak to any of that with authority yet. I suppose more transparency in that regard would be appreciated as I like knowing what to expect and being able to see exactly how I can reach my career goals.

"Focused Company w/Solid Leaders & an Agile Culture of High Performance"

Current Employee - Manager in Wauwatosa, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for less than a year

Pros

The whole company lives and breathes a level of customer obsession that is refreshing and easy to align to. The culture is one of ownership and high performance, getting things that improve the customer experience is more important than hiearchy...ideas WIN.

Cons

This is an agile tech company, so speed and collaboration are important. If you are bound to a traditional "corporate pace" this effervescent work culture may be an adjustment at first, but I guarantee, your days will never be boring and you will do work that matters.

"Zywave is a Great Place to Be At"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Zywave full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day 1 at Zywave, I knew I found my place. The people are amazing. Everyone is genuine, extremely smart, and cares about getting to know you and helping you out when needed. Onboarding was the most thorough process I have experienced and really impressed me. The HR team truly cares about everyone being happy in their role here. The company is also very transparent - they keep everyone up to date and appreciate honest feedback. Finally, the company culture and perks are wonderful and hard to come by - generous PTO, flex schedules, frequent company-wide culture events, arcade games, massage chairs, standing desks, etc.

Cons

Not a con, but the company pushes for continuous changes and growth, which is great to see

10. "A great team to work with"

Former Employee - UI Designer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Zywave full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible hours were amazing. -Everyone I interacted with was really fun and made work enjoyable. -Work/life balance was pretty enjoyable. -Good health insurance and PTO benefits -Nice office amenities. -Fun work activities/outings about once per quarter. -Some of the projects I got to work on really helped me build my skill sets. -Talented co-workers who support their teams really well. -Ability to step outside your department/role to flex different skill sets and further add to the company/teams

Cons

-The software/hardware the company uses makes it hard to do your job - ie: computers often crashing, docks that charge your computer not working, cannot connect to conference room TVs or Skype wasting a great amount of employee and company time. -Long vesting term for 401k match. -No long term plans as far as I could tell to expand R&D when it drastically needs it. -Relatively low pay ceiling that feels like you’ve reached a peak early on. -Despite making efforts to focus more on product, it still feels heavily like a sales driven organization — can cause great strain and fatigue to the departments that are building/testing the products

January 6, 2020Talent Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your valuable feedback and contributions to our products. We will use your feedback, especially regarding the technology, as part of our continuous improvement cycle. We are excited about the new additions to our R&D staff through a recent acquisition that will keep moving us forward as an industry leader.

Found 192 reviews