adMarketplace Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
adMarketplace Chairman and CEO Jamie Hill
Jamie Hill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work is consistent but not too hard and upper management isn't stingy with raises" (in 8 reviews)

• "always willing to help and dedicated to their work" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be an issue" (in 6 reviews)

• "Senior management has worked hard to change the behaviors that drove retention down" (in 10 reviews)

"Superb team"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

I'm amazed by my coworkers on a near daily basis. They have to be some of the most talented people in their fields, and constantly learning from them is one of my favorite parts of the job.

Definitely a place that encourages growth; somewhere you can make a career with.

Cons

We could probably be more organized.

2. "Fresh, rewarding experience"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

This is NOT a traditional marketing job, and for that I am very grateful. We're all about new, fun, creative ideas that are going to shake up the industry. The personalities on our team reflect that and are a great joy to be around. Apply here if you want to have fun at your 9 to 5.

Cons

Hard work is expected just like other jobs.

"Recommended for young professionals"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

I've really enjoyed working with adMarketplace. I'd definitely recommend the company for young professionals looking to grow their career and make connections around the industry. We have a great reputation both in NYC and the Tri-State area, and it's really cool working with some of the area's most prominent figures.

Cons

No complaints from me to say.

"Fun, innovative company"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working with a company that's making impactful changes in the industry. As a young, quickly growing company, management is great at keeping our work fun and enjoyable. Working with some of the nicest people I've ever met helps, too.

Cons

I wish the parking were a bit more convenient.

"Great Job"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

Probably the best job I've ever had in terms of pay, stability and the friendliness of the staff. most days I actually look forward to getting into the office to talk whop with my coworkers. The actual work is pleasant, too. our managers do a great job of laying out expectations and helping when things don't go according to plan.

Cons

My back hurts sometimes from sitting too much.

"I've enjoyed my time here"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

AdMarketplace has been enjoyable for me since day one. My coworkers have all been great and management is kind as well. The work is consistent but not too hard and upper management isn't stingy with raises.

Cons

More social activities to get to know the staff would be nice.

"Advanced, innovative workplace"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

Our CEO is always looking for new technology solutions to make our jobs easier. Working with the latest tools and software makes completing each job a simple task. Management is also always willing to listen when I have new suggestions or ideas, which is one of my favorite aspects of this job.

Cons

Metrics are kept to track each employee's output and productivity.

8. "Paid Search"

I worked at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

I cannot think of any pros.

Cons

Not a great company culture

"Great Place To Grow Career With Wonderful People"

I worked at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

I worked at adMarketplace for three years and recently left the company because I moved. It was one of the best experiences having learned so much and made some incredible friends. There were definitely challenging days, but in the end, I grew so much and worked on some cool projects.

One of the positive things about the company is that you are rewarded for going above and beyond.

You get a chance to work with some of the biggest companies in the world from day one and you get plenty of support from your colleagues and management. If you can develop a good working relationship with your direct manager, they help you out a lot in achieving your career goals.

Cons

I often had to work longer hours because of the growth. The good part is we are hiring more people, so I am sure this will change.

If you want to commit full time, work hard and advance, then this place is great. If you prefer a more relaxed environment or want shorter hours, then you should look somewhere else.

Advice to Management

I think the management is doing a decent job given the company goals and where they want to be. I would recommend focusing a bit more on personal development of the staff outside of work. There should be a work-life balance for team members who want to pursue other goals as well.

Overall, it is a good company.

"Great Experience and Love the Technology"

Pros

I joined adMarketplace a few months ago from another adtech company that went out of business. I had heard good things about the company from a friend in the industry.
    As someone who has been through a failing adtech company, I would say adMarketplace is refreshing because management expects you to hold yourself accountable and be proactive in solving problems.
    There are plenty of opportunities to progress within the company and that excites me about my future here. The team is great, everyone is willing to help and management wants to see you succeed.
    Mid-management is great and cares about your development.
    The work here is challenging, just as you would expect at a growing company.
    Keep hosting Wine Wednesdays as that is an amazing time for the team to bond and make new friends😊.

Cons

I have read some of the negative reviews here and my own impression is very different from what I have seen. Sure there are intense moments when you are dealing with larger clients, but that is how it was at my last job. I have not experienced the negative things that have been written (except for a few long working days).
    The management expectations are high, regardless of experience or skill-level which is not for everyone – especially people in their first jobs. I think they need to balance things out between new and experienced employees a bit more.

Advice to Management

The training is good, so please keep that up and all the other team bonding activities that take place. It will only continue to future success. Allow more freedom to experienced staff members. It takes time to build consistency in performance.
    Sometimes management can be intense (which is not a bad thing) and sometimes it helps you perform better and out do yourself. You just can’t take it personal.