adMarketplace Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
adMarketplace Chairman and CEO Jamie Hill
Jamie Hill

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • and bonuses) and the cool, casual work environment runs a close third (in 4 reviews)

• Great people and decent product (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation packages are pretty basic and there is little to no opportunity to work from home (in 4 reviews)

"Any positive review about this company is lie."

I worked at adMarketplace (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not to much positive to say.

Cons

- They humiliate employees.
    - There is no management, only demands
    - They involved in business what they would never publicly talk about (think what could it be).

Advice to Management

I don't think any advice will help them.

"Going in circles"

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great team members
    good tech.

Cons

Management seems to run in circles and make decisions based on whether the senior most executive is having a good or bad day. He's completely random in his thought process and extremely vengeful ...most times for no other reason than just jealousy.
    There really is not a culture or maybe a culture of fear....and sure you will read a number of positive reviews here but just know that they are not real in any way. This has been a focused effort on behalf of the two top people to change the view of the company and based on the overall ratings I'm seeing here they have been successful with their "fake news" review campaign. The sentiment of the people that work here is quite opposite.
    They always rotating people in and out. I've seen people make strong contributions get great reviews and then within 30 days of that review fall on the wrong side of one of the senior executives and be terminated.

Advice to Management

Get serious, get off of your high horse and get out of the way of your people...you will likely achieve a lot more if you do.

Mar 7, 2017 – HR Generalist

We appreciate your feedback. We’re dismayed to hear that you had a negative work experience. Please know that we take employee concerns very seriously and we are working on improving communication... More

"Still LOL'ing"

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The number of reviews that admarketplace management or HR writes on behalf of their company is actually hysterical. So they've got that going for them...which is nice.

I love not working at admarketplace anymore (since October 2015) but still getting notifications from Glassdoor about recent reviews. It's actually pretty easy to spot the fake ones, so please, dig a bit deeper before you waste one day of your career at admarketplace.

Cons

I felt micromanaged, yelled at for doing my job, frustrated at management's decisions and laziness, and a bit bewildered that I had 5 different bosses in 13 months. That last point is a recipe for dysfunction.

Advice to Management

High some capable operators and allow them to run your business the way they know how, i.e. treat them like adults.

"Total BS Company and Positive Reviews"

I worked at adMarketplace (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the only thing keeping each other there.

Cons

I see that they've been putting up BS reviews over the last few months. What a crock of crap. They can't keep employees to save their lives. The management will tell you whatever they think you want to hear. It's all lies. They've run off every good person/leader who worked their because of their egos. People who could've made a difference. And then when a negative review is posted they blame the problem on the employee and not themselves. That's why they've never been able to grow bigger.

The money and terrible benefits they dangle in front of employees aren't worth the hassle. People are miserable there. And that's not an understatement. Your family and life in general will always take a backseat to being their work slaves. Everyone leaves because it's one of the worst places to work in NY and people in advertising, ad tech and the industry in general know it.

If you want to be a joke go work for them.

Advice to Management

Admit to yourself that you REALLY don't know what you're doing, hire people that do and get out of their way. Oh but I forgot your ego won't allow that. I wish I could give you less than one star as that's what you truly deserve.

"This Place is A Joke. Don't Waste Your Time"

Pros

I met and worked with some really talented people, who were unappreciated. That's all I have.

Cons

The President is a PYSCHO and the CEO doesn't know his head from a hole in the wall. Unless you're a "yes" person, you won't last long. If you show a shred of intelligence, you will be challenged by the President who thinks he's a SEARCH GOD. If you tell them the honest truth about their product, you've rang your own death bell. You can back up your arguments and recommendations with data and the President (who clearly has more power than the CEO), still won't believe you.

The reviews that indicate that this is a great place to work are all false. HR asks people (mostly AE's) to write good reviews for the company. There is NOTHING good about working in a DYSFUNCTiONAL environment.

The turnover rate is INSANE. The only thing you can do is try to fly under the radar to keep them off your back, but that will last but so long why...THE PRODUCT SUCKS!!!!

Advice to Management

Why bother giving advice that they're going to ignore. The only thing they care about is living their lifestyle...

Aug 26, 2015 – HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We’re sorry to hear that you were unhappy and felt underappreciated. We’ve worked hard to be a really transparent and honest team... More

"All the negatives are true"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

Pros

They make you put a minimum of 20 words down. But joking aside, there were some decent people to work with. I liked a lot of co-workers.

Cons

As an account manager, it is an interesting job to optimize campaigns for a product that doesn't work, and then get blamed when something doesn't renew. Also, every negative post over the past year is hilariously accurate. Rats and dirty bathrooms are a real thing. It's so hard for an AE to get a deal in, that when they do, they are all over you, and then unless the client has real low rent traffic goals, it's a long shot if anything will actually stick. And then either the COO, the AE, or one of my 2 managers will grill me on what went wrong. Usually all 4.

Advice to Management

The problem between not really understand what was going on, and micromanaging was way too much. All the smart people who can do good work independently split.

Aug 5, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that our efforts and services did not meet your expectations. We look for team members to drive successful customer and... More

"Completely dysfunctional and not an enjoyable place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much, except the people/team below the managers are talented and nice to work with when we aren't pitted against each other by upper management.

Cons

Mid-level management is not out to mentor or teach, they go through the motions just to try to hang on to people. Complete deception.

Senior Management treats everyone poorly. As long as they keep making money, then who cares if people quit. That's their motto. I know if I was making people's lives miserable, I wouldn't sleep well at night. But at long as senior management has their nice lifestyle, they won't care about much else. Complete shame becuase life is much more than just money...

Advice to Management

You love these negative reviews because it's fuel for your out of control egos. It's pathetic...You know deep down your insecure...

"RUN, don"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

Pros

There are some smart driven co-workers here.

Cons

This is one of the most poorly managed companies I've ever worked for. Product vision is geared towards short-term gain, and everyone is actively interviewing looking for a way out.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves out to pasture and let people with vision and compassion take over.

"This place makes me LOL"

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays. Casual dress code. The ability to get hammered in the middle of the day without anyone noticing. Great finance team who pretty much handles EVERYTHING at the company.

Cons

Management. Some would rather scroll through their Facebook feeds with their legs up on their desks than do an honest day's work. They sue people for no reason - especially if you're a former employee who disagrees with them. They come in at 11am, take naps in the middle of the day, yet expect employees to work 8:30a-6p with a 30 min. lunch (ha!). They also scream a lot and fire people in front of the entire office if you disagree with their management style.

Distrust. No one trusts each other at this company. It's perpetuated by management, which is sad and childlike. They want to grow...but you can't grow unless you trust people to do the jobs you hire them to do.

Turnover. At one point we kept a spreadsheet of all the members of the sales team who left the company. Over a 13 month period we recorded about 45 people had resigned/were fired. Still makes me LOL to this day.

Back-handed compliments. Definitely a place for you if you like receiving written warnings + reductions to your bonus and then receiving back-handed compliments in front of the entire company along with a $100 bill during the next week's all hand's meeting.

The Office. The office is like a frathouse that's never been cleaned. Debris falling from the ceiling. Mice (yes, mice). Bathrooms so filthy that people go downstairs to Starbucks/Le Pain to potty.

Advice to Management

Eh...I don't offer advice to people who think they know everything. It's a waste of time (as is working for adMarketplace).

"Seriously, this place is a joke"

Pros

The only reason to work here is you desperately need a job. They have free lunch on Friday and some great co-workers.

Cons

CEO doesn't understand the space, is more a liability as they look to grow which is why they haven't.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way and let your employees do their job. Stop changing the focus on a weekly basis. If you treat people terribly, they won't stay...hence the high turnover. Oh yeah, stop writing positive "anonymous" reviews on Glassdoor to make this place seem better then it is