adMarketplace Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
adMarketplace Chairman and CEO Jamie Hill
Jamie Hill

Pros
  • Upper management recognizes initiative and the promotion policy is good if you are willing to work for it (in 7 reviews)

• Can make an immediate difference that senior management will recognize (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation packages are pretty basic and there is little to no opportunity to work from home (in 4 reviews)

• This means working long hours when necessary (in 6 reviews)

"Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

It feels like there is a lot of innovation/energy going on across different departments and that’s exciting. Helping to grow that culture and support the team makes my job interesting and it’s helping push me forward.

Cons

Right now it’s feeling pretty good. A key person on our team just left after being here for a long time so that’s creating more work (and opportunities) for our group, but that’s normal.

Advice to Management

I’m glad to see the support for more teambuilding and opportunities for employee feedback. Let's keep moving in that direction.

2. "Love it, love the atmosphere"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

Love working here and love the atmosphere of all the people around me

Cons

the work can be repetitive at times

"Pretty, pretty good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been working here about a year. Since I got here we landed a handful of big new clients, including one huge deal. No complaints there. One plus is I actually feel like adMarketplace is going to grow. The product is solid.

Cons

They cut the free lunches at the end of last year. Work life balance can be an issue. But it’s not worse than my last job. More an industry thing.

Advice to Management

Bring back the lunches. Give employees a bit more autonomy.

5. "Clarity and Transparency"

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

Every employee here knows we’ve got a good thing going. Nice perks, great high energy vibe, good location, and good money. Plus, we have a lot of freedom and are allowed to follow our gut instincts and make decisions on the fly. There’s been some solid promotions from within and the bonus for good work have been awesome

Cons

Sure, I’d love to work from home, but I dig my job and the company. I wish i had a bit more input on my hours.

Advice to Management

I’ve been here for nearly two years and can say that management has really improved their dedication to transparency and clarity. It has been an incredible improvement and I really appreciate it.

"Great place to learn"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is laser focused and service offering works for the right type of client. Colleagues are smart, engaged and fun to work with. The technology stack is new and better than competitors.

Cons

All sales jobs are tough, but that comes with the territory - be ready to work hard and you will do well. Commute can be challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing towards growth, reward your top performers handsomely and promote from within. This business is poised to do great things.

7. "Great Location, Pay, and Benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is not a better location in Manhattan for New Jersey and Long Island commuters; the office is close to Penn Station. There is some flexibility with work-from-home hours for some groups. The benefits plan is pretty strong, better than other companies this size. The compensation plan is great, (read; motivated sellers can make money) and there are awesome travel opportunities with sales, especially to the West Coast.

Cons

If you are not an experienced and aggressive seller, you aren't going to last very long. It is a performance-based sales model, so you are always hustling. If you aren't hustling, you aren't making money. If you are new, you have to learn fast, and you have to be motivated. Complacent sellers will not make it here.

It has gotten better here than it has been in the past, but there needs to be more trust established between employee and supervisor. Give us a chance to do our jobs before you question and criticize.

Advice to Management

Give the employees a bit more space. I can understand management getting involved if we are not getting our work done or not performing all our tasks, but most of us do get our work completed.

8. "It could be awesome here"

Pros

-cool people. Most are helpful.

-fast pace

-easy access for LI and NYC commuters

-opportunities for fast advancement

-opportunity to make money fast, especially if you want to do sales

Cons

office is dirty, hoping the new one is better. I don’t understand why the company allows workers to be slobs.

Advice to Management

-The benefit package has room for improvement.

9. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time

Pros

I work with very knowledgeable and supportive coworkers. As a company we tackle the BIG challenges currently affecting the search industry and develop innovative solutions that actually drive great performance for our advertisers. I find the work/life balance very fair and healthy, also have seen great improvements in company culture. Upper management has made big strides towards hearing out employees and bettering the work environment based on feedback.

Cons

This company moves quickly as our industry is constantly evolving. Projects and overall company priorities may shift suddenly, requiring individuals to adjust their work schedules accordingly. Vacation packages are pretty basic and there is little to no opportunity to work from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with improving the company culture!

10. "Level the playing field"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of my co workers are just awesome. Technology changes so fast as do the needs of the company and my co workers are incredibly helpful in keeping us all up with these changes. We kind of partner up to work on a problem or achieve some goal and I love that.

Cons

Working here can be seriously stressful and I feel like I am always on edge. I don't understand the management hierarchy and think management should talk to use more. Talk to us, not give us 2 minutes of commands and call it done. Talk With US. We have thoughts and ideas that could be beneficial you know

Advice to Management

Level the playing field a bit with improved interpersonal communication. Whats wrong with providing direct feedback about our work and explaining new or improved corporate strategies? Be clear about what you want and when you want it and when something changes don't just demand we do it this or that, explain whats going on, why the change and how it impacts the overall goal.

"It’s Not Perfect, but it is Better"

Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been working at adMarketplace for several years now and I have seen a lot of changes, some for better, some not so much. Probably the biggest change, and maybe one of the most important, is that the company is finally!!! building trust with us workers. The micromanaging was insane, but it seems like the company is willing to let go of the leash a little and letting people do their jobs. Morale has improved, mostly because we can finally feel like the company trusts us to the jobs they hired us to do.

Cons

While the vacation packages are fine for new hires, those of us that have been here a while would really like to see a much improved package. We’ve earned it don’t you think?

Advice to Management

The mood of upper management can change in the blink of the eye, which can really effect day to day operations. You guys either need to buffer how your mood is seen/felt by workers, or leave your moodiness at home – it has no place in the office anyways.