adidas Reviews | Glassdoor

adidas CEO Kasper Rorsted
Kasper Rorsted

1,031 Employee Reviews

Cons

"Wouldn't recommend to a friend dying for work..."

Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

Great brand. Strong heritage. Very dedicated people in the field and in lower levels at corporate.

Cons

Senior management is more focused on keeping themselves employed and moving up the food chain with Germany than they are about the people who work for them. Very unsupportive environment that lacks openness and communication such that information is traded as a commodity to get ahead. Not focused on the investment in people or workplace health.

Advice to Management

Focus on your people and they may not leave you in droves... the biggest brand is across the river and they are the biggest brand for a reason. They care about their people.

"adi-nuf"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

The two best things about adidas are it's rich history and the workforce.

Cons

No career paths, outdated technology and equipment, European management that doesn't understand American pop culture, too much red tape, undefined rolls and responsibilities,

Advice to Management

It takes money to make money. In Europe you might be able to get away with simply making great product. In the US you have to get the message out and realize that adidas hasn't been the most relevant brand in sports and pop culture since the 80's. It's time to spend a lot more advertising money.

"Avoid unless desperate"

Former Employee - Color Design in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Color Design in Portland, OR

Pros

Good location, if you live in downtown Portland. On-site sample room for creating new product was awesome, extremely helpful.

Cons

70% of my time was spent doing production/development, 30% on actual design. Simple processes were over-complicated, and when suggestions where were made to help simplify, the standard response was, "welcome to Adidas." People who had been there for years were extremely negative, most of the younger designers wanted to be working at Nike. The sweatshirt of choice for the apparel team was Uniglo, not even an Adidas sweatshirt. I think this says something about the brand. There's a lack of integrity, absolutely zero passion behind the product. Targeted consumer is a 17 year old suburban boy, which leaves very little opportunity to push the envelope and there's no risk taking, at all. Obvious, current trends were ignored. The team I worked with was surprised to find out that denim silhouettes have changed in the last 8 years!!.

Advice to Management

Job titles/job description should match the job. Don't hire someone with 10 years of industry experience to do entry level production work. You must evolve, the brand, the product and the people.

"Miserable place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bluffton, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at adidas part-time (More than a year)

Pros

30% discount on top of other promos

Cons

Terrible management, don't care about their employees, unrealistic expectations
    I ran our stock room by myself for 12 months, and all the winter people they hired that we're supposed to help in the stock room made it worse. During the summer we get 50 boxes minimum and all the responsibility to process all the product and get it out on the floor was on me. I made 8.50/hr to start and even after working there for 17 months, I only got a .13 cent raise and am still expected to process all the freight. Not to mention management icing us our raises 3 months later than they said. It's a terrible company to work for unless you work as a cashier, which you'll be able to do minimum work and not move from behind the register and still get paid the same as the single person in the stock room busting his balls to get everything out

Advice to Management

Stop sucking at running the company and care about your employees

5. "No chance to move up.."

Current Employee - Turret Driver in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Turret Driver in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at adidas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brainless work, sit around most days

Cons

Managers are incompetent. No chance for promotion or shift change.

Advice to Management

Learn to read and type..

6. "Poor communication across field leadership levels."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Osage Beach, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Osage Beach, MO

I have been working at adidas full-time

Pros

Working together as a team to complete all task. Focus on well being for full time employees.

Cons

Poor communication across field leadership team to store level team. Field leaders are out of touch with the store because they are managing from out of market locations to often.

Advice to Management

Work on communication to field store team and the effects it has when leadership team does not follow up on committements!!

7. "Be careful of the stripes"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at adidas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free clothes and shoes, employee discount

Cons

Upper management is out of touch, the company talks about people all the time but the company only talks the talk. Environment is a locker room. Everyone has something to say but does nothing. Backstabbing and stepping on people to look good is the norm. Company threatens people all the time.

Advice to Management

Wake up. The company is out of touch with the Stores. Step on too many people and soon there will be none to step on. The word will get out about the company. You talk about people but you chew them up and spit them out without a care.

"Miserable stepping stone to something better"

Former Employee - Analyst in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Canton, MA

I worked at adidas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked out of the Reebok headquarters in Canton, MA. The facility is unbelievably awesome, including fitness facilities to die for. Since I hated my job so much, I spent most of my time working out, and because of the sport mentality of the company, my boss had a hard time telling me no.

Awesome educational benefits that I used fully. Option to travel to the company's headquarters in Germany, where they actually seem to have a positive culture and employees who are hanging on by more than a thread. If I didn't have a family to think of I probably would have asked to transfer.

Cons

I am willing to admit that my miserable experience was probably fully due to my boss, director, and group who were seriously dysfunctional. The director pitted employees against each other for her personal amusement and actively promoted yes-men who she could control with absolute authority. There wasn't enough work to go around, so everyone spent most of the day fuming over perceived or real slights from bosses and co-workers. No sense of teamwork, no camaraderie, no motivation to do anything other than work out and get out at 5pm on the dot.

Advice to Management

A shared sense of culture and purpose would probably have prevented a lot of the misbehavior I witnessed. I know business is bad, but try to do more than just through the motions.

9. "Mattapoisett - SLD review"

I have been working at adidas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

company benefits are great; leadership is horrible.

Cons

Micromanaging staff; the boss has his little rats tell him what is going on; managerial staff is awful; most of them don't even know how to write a letter. Just because you have been in a position for years; you should qualify as a manager and know a little about managerial tasks. I would never ever recommend this place to work for anyone.

Advice to Management

Get out the old and start fresh. Stagnet people in positions of authority. Don't know anything about HR. Micromanaging staff and have favorites; really! HR person doesn't know her job either. Bells; no work life balance at all. horrible cafeteria actually disgusting. Canton doesn't compare at all with Mattapoisett. It's truly a disgusting place to work. Senior Management should be aware of how the employees are treated. You always feel like you have a electrical collar around your neck. They don't like change or advancement.

SAD place to work; work life balance; there is none; you better be in at 8 and out at 5; Need to look for a new job. This place is horrible. The facility is horrible. Great people (except managers). They treat staff horribly. They always fail the employee survey; wake up Senior Management; there is a reason why!

"District Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at adidas full-time

Pros

Prior to October the company was ran as two separate companies. was better company both on Adidas side and Reebok side as the heritage and culture are totally different

Cons

New leadership gives the facet they are about people but could care less about their people. favoritism shown to the small inter-circle around new leadership. the demotion of store managers and full time leaders has killed morale with the company and makes our job difficult

Showing 1,031 of 1,158 reviews