alliantgroup, LP Associate Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Associate Director

4.2
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"Don't believe all the negative reviews"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the negative reviews are absolutely baseless. i worked here for over 3 years and had to leave because of a family situation. this place is absolutely amazing. i had 6 pay raises in 3 years. great wellness program and gym. smartest people you will ever work with

Cons

the only downside here is hard work and you have to be smart. if you don't like to work hard, don't apply.

Advice to Management

ignore the bad press and keep on trucking

"Poor reviews are absolute bunk"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 8 years and have never seen or found a job like this. The compensation, fun, excitement, colleagues, management are simply amazing. 60% of the employees are females (I am a female) and there is no glass door here. The comments you see in some of the press are a total fabrication. The environment here is extremely pro female and the CEO is a great and fair person. He only wants each and every professional to reach his/her potential and be the best version of him/herself. Add in the smartest and most driven professionals you will ever find under one roof, a great wellness program, a degreed and professional nutritionist, well what more can I say.

Cons

There are 2 'black-out' time periods lasting about 6-8 weeks that you can't take vacation unless it's an emergency, wedding, funeral, etc.

Advice to Management

I have had the chance to work with 4 ceos in my career and alliantgroup' CEO is the best by far. He only cares about 2 things - investing in professionals at ag and making sure each and every client becomes a client for life. Please please do not believe any of the press out there and miss out on the best career opportunity you will ever have! The people that complain about alliantgroup are ones that don't want to put the time and effort in to be great. Thank you alliantgroup for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am loyal for life!

"Build a Career with ag!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place to work towards building a meaningful career, not having a clock-in/clock-out job. If you're looking to be challenged each day and be pushed to new levels of success, then this is definitely the place for you. Each day you have the opportunity to learn from amazing leadership and are given opportunities for advancement constantly. Putting our clients first and making sure that we are always putting them in the best position is not only a tenant of the company's foundation, but something that dictates EVERY decision we make internally. It's hard to not absolutely love what you do each day, when each interaction is centered around helping businesses grow and succeed!!

Cons

In order to preserve the high standard we have for our people internally and our level of service for clients & CPAs, we will not lower the bar for people who are compromising that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't be distracted by the negative noise. You've built a fantastic place of opportunity and a family within alliantgroup, and you're definitely doing it right.

"Grit & Investment!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for about 3 1/2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes, knowledge on so many different industries, but also what it takes to grow your career and capitalize on the abundances of resources we have. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize our core values in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free healthy lunch options every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions.

Cons

Longer hours during tax season, but you are always busy so the time flies by. You end up wishing there was more time in the day!
    You will constantly be pushed so if you don't like people demanding the best from you and from yourself, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"A workplace that is my extended family!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is so amazing!! From day one, I have felt like I was family and not just a number which was so important to me. Contributing to our success, believing in what we do and building relationships with our clients has always been a priority to me and alliantgroup has allotted me that opportunity. I love that I am surrounded by people that are as passionate as I am about what we can do to strengthen American businesses.
    I’ve appreciated that as we have grown, management’s door has always been open, they have listened when I needed them, allowed me to try new things and helped me to grow by providing constant training, education and the tools to be successful in my position. They appreciate their family and I feel so very lucky to be here.

Cons

For some people, learning to deal with different hours every day could pose a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep your hand's on approach, it works!

"Amazing Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for alliantgroup has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel extremely lucky to work for a company that has such a strong culture where high performance and investment are highly valued and rewarded. I am constantly being pushed and challenged with the ultimate goal of getting to the next level and I couldn't ask for a better support system. alliantgroup is definitely a place for a life long career and there are so many opportunities for success- whether that is within your own department, a different department, or through crafting a different role altogether. No thoughts or suggestions fall on deaf ears....transparency is encouraged and it allows for a very open and collaborative environment. We have a ton of fun here as well- it doesn't feel like work when you love who you work with and love what you do!

Cons

I can't say there are any major cons to working at alliantgroup!

"The Absolute Worst"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Frequent free lunch. Biggest pro was getting a new job and leaving allliantgroup.

Cons

-Unbearable work hours and working conditions.
    -Rampant employment practice violations, hostile work environment, sexual harrassment.
    -Questionable (if not illegal) business practices (overbilling clients, etc)

Took the job because I needed it. Worked there for over a year. After I left, I was diagnosed by a medical professional with PTSD. The absolute worst professional experience of my life. Be aware that the vast majority of positive reviews on this site are written by current employees who are either being paid or forced to do so. Do not work for this company unless it your last resort.

Advice to Management

Not worth the time to offer any advice. Nothing will change unless or until the lawsuits become too costly.

"GET OUT! RUN! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, amazing training, and awesome coworkers

Cons

Read all the bad reviews and the latest expose is the Houstonpress and then add some things that they didn't mention:
    * you will watch your friends and anyone you become close with get tortured, be ostracized, ignored, picked on and you will probably see them cry in the bathroom every day until they quit. More than likely though, they will be fired. In 18 months this happened 8 times and each time it was heart wrenching. None of these people were bad employees and all of them had what it took to be an "a" elite. Most of them just had too much integrity and self worth to lie, cheat and steal.
    *favortism is based on two things - relinquishing your life and soul or letting them sexually objectify you. The CEO throw raves and the elite executives force girls to do sexual sketches. This may seem like I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. You will hear rumors about girls getting text messages from the owner. You won't believe any of it until you see it. When you see it, you will have to decide if a paycheck is worth it.
    *HR does not care about federal labor laws and protecting employees. They don't even care about protecting the company. They are there to make sure the revolving door keeps revolving fresh meat. Constantly.
    *they have been sued many times by former employees and they have sued former employees
    *once you leave, you will never recover fully.
    This place is every employees worst nightmare.
    Consider yourself warned

Advice to Management

Nothing will change them. No advice, no review, no newspaper article, and no lawsuit. They don't believe in anything other than money. What's a God to a non-believer?

"The Devil Wears Prada"

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't get to wear free designer clothing but during my frequent trips to Houston I cringe while witnessing 20 somethings teetering along in their 4 inch heels (slightly reminiscent of playing dress up in mommy’s closet). Statically speaking this company is made up of over 50% women and the average age of 27. I used to love that I was a part of a company who devoted resources/attention to their female employees. This is not accidental but purely by design to benefit the CEO & clientele. 'A million girls would wish for this job’ (only because they wouldn’t hire a male) & ‘You can have it all’ is pounded into your female brain but will never be uttered to your male counterparts. Why is that!? Work/ Life balance is something that is discussed a lot because the demand for work is unsustainable. How does one have balance when working EASILY 80+ hours a week? The pay is nowhere decent considering the hours worked. Your priority is strictly Work and your Life will be left for balancing. Upper management expects you not to be troubled by your Home Life. That means hiring out your other life duties, such as but not limited to: House manager, Dry cleaning delivery, Grocery delivery, House keeper, Errand person, AM & PM Child(ren) Nannies (as you won’t be home till after 9pm), Dog nanny, Husband nanny (I think that's called a new wife)…..all on a non-competitive salary.

Cons

‘You choose to get ahead' by closely watching your colleagues to see if they are living the alliantgroup culture and if they bleed blue. At first signs of distress you are to run straight to the Senior Management and tell them your findings, which will make them think you are 'bought' into the culture. But really it’s just a simple game of Hot Potato & you don't want to be the one caught holding the information. The relationship by many executives is abusive, name calling, harassing, giving 'context to understanding' and verbal attacks are all too frequent. At an attempt for a quick resolution, AKA so you continue making them money, they will offer employee praise, lack luster bonuses or glorified promotions because they 'invest in you'....which all mean nothing. Ithink I just gave you the definition of 'Narcissistic rage'!! Moving on... I thought I was 'bought' into the culture and it was fun while it lasted. I enjoy being part of the cool club but ultimately the price comes at HUGE cost. I had alienated my family, friends, husband all because I was too invested into my career and that 'I loved my job'. Fake it till you make it, is a repeated mantra by many associates/directors hoping our endless sacrifices will eventually lead to the fruition of less hours, real life promotions and a decent salary.

Advice to Management

Stop having your associates do all your heavy lifting and literally escorting you the bathroom. I don’t think I need to wipe you as well. That's all.

"I am enjoying myself"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for almost two months. I'm very happy with my career and the decision to come here. My last job made me depressed on Sunday afternoons, I had no upward mobility no matter how hard I worked and my colleagues didn't pull their weight. Here, everyone has upward mobility, there is so much fun work to do that the day goes by very quickly and there is very little red tape that gets in between having a new idea and bringing that new idea to life. I am really enjoying myself and I'm having a lot of fun with my team. They are good people. Every day is different and I'm constantly learning about new industries.

Also, the free lunches are making a difference in my health. I've got a simple palate and I used to eat most of my meals from the microwave. alliantgroup's meals are much more balanced than what I've been feeding myself for the past few years! I don't think I've ever eaten so many vegetables in my life.

I have not seen any of the silly stuff some of these reviews talk about.

Cons

This is a very young workforce and a small handful of people lack basic social skills.

Advice to Management

I think you guys know that to take the company to the next level, you're going to have to hire some more senior people than you've been hiring for the past 15 years. Continue to bring in experienced hires -- people who have proven themselves at other places -- who can bring their skill sets and knowledge to alliantgroup and help drive the company to the next level.