alliantgroup, LP Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Associate

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 38 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 47 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 24 reviews)

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Collaborative environment - always bouncing ideas off of your team around you. Young and energetic atmosphere.
    Challenging & rewarding - we get to help business owners put money back in their pockets and grow our US economy. Very exciting!!
    Catered food EVERY DAY!

Cons

Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance. But there is a busy season for any company, and unless you put the time in, you won't get anything out.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Some of the new folks don't get exposed to a lot that goes on in here - invite them to meet other departments, and intermingle more on what's to come as we continue to grow!

"The Wolf of Post Oak"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (More than 5 years)

Pros

There were never any actual wolves in the office.

Cons

While there were never any actual wolves in the office, there were "predators."

Advice to Management

Stop claiming to "be the champion for small to midsize businesses." You are the champion for one small to midsize business... yourself.

"Perfect for Someone Looking to Grow"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the right kind of person. If you are looking for an environment that is going to challenge you to be the best professional that you can be, this is the right place for you.

Management is fantastic and constantly looks for new ways to invest in company personnel. The team leads are genuinely interested in developing their team members and are willing to "get in the trenches" with you.

Dhaval, the CEO, is brilliant and an all around good human-being. He genuinely cares about the development of people and has an open door policy.

If you have a "type A" personality, you will thrive here. The culture is performance focused and not on tenure, so the right kind of person can have a huge impact in a relatively short time.

Cons

As a tax consulting firm, you will have to deal with some long work days during (timely and extended) tax seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to invest in employees and the community. Provide more opportunities for teams to collaborate with each other.

4. "Amazing Opportunity!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for alliantgroup has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel extremely lucky to work for a company that has such a strong culture where high performance and investment are highly valued and rewarded. I am constantly being pushed and challenged with the ultimate goal of getting to the next level and I couldn't ask for a better support system. alliantgroup is definitely a place for a life long career and there are so many opportunities for success- whether that is within your own department, a different department, or through crafting a different role altogether. No thoughts or suggestions fall on deaf ears....transparency is encouraged and it allows for a very open and collaborative environment. We have a ton of fun here as well- it doesn't feel like work when you love who you work with and love what you do!

Cons

I can't say there are any major cons to working at alliantgroup!

"High performance is rewarded!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Of course there are the usual perks that you see about alliantgroup such as free lunches, free covered parking, plenty of free corporate events (for individuals and families), 401k, benefits, great office location, amazing group of talented individuals, meritocracy not time and tenure is rewarded, and ultimately fulfilling work in strengthening American businesses.

I am writing this review because I want to make sure that more people find out about the best company I have ever been a part of! High performance is rewarded, and mediocrity is not tolerated, but who wakes up in the morning wanting to be mediocre? (If you do, this definitely won't be a good fit...) You will be pushed harder than you ever have, but that also means you will achieve greater success than you have ever had. The hours are no different than any other tax services firm, and are only longer during tax season. Even then, everything is flexible if you have personal matters to attend to, as long as you communicate. If you are looking for a place to build a career instead of have a job, somewhere where you can see the direct impact of your work on thousands of businesses across the nation, and somewhere where your success is unlimited- you've found it!!

Cons

Unfortunately, in this meritocracy, the people who are unwilling to put in the effort try to be the loudest and scream about how the entire system is flawed. All I can say is that is simply untrue. If you are vocal about your career goals and what you want, management (mid level straight to the CEO himself) will do anything possible to help you achieve your goals and learn as much as possible along the way. There are countless examples throughout the firm of promotions, new roles being created, people starting new departments, and much more for people who are willing to work and who have been vocal and focused about what they want.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

"Associate Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing coming to work for and gives you endless opportunities. In the few years I have been with the company, I have grown immensely. I was so micromanaged at my last job that I could not experience the power of a boss having trust in your decisions. This company has strong core values that allow you to not have a manage someone's every move.

I have had several jobs before this one and have never had a CEO who wants to have personal meeting with so many people a daily. If you have a concern or need his help he will make time on his calendar to sit and talk with you.

The CEO and the rest of upper management care so much about the success of every employees and their families. We have several events that based around family and friends. alliantgroup rented a whole water park for all employees and their families, bring your child to work day, cooking classes with spouses, fun runs and elaborate holiday parties.

Not only does the CEO care about his employees, he cares so much about giving back to the youth of Houston. A few examples of the charitable work alliantgroup has done, Habitat for Humanity, giving school supplies for the year to under privileged children at a local school. volunteered at Ronald McDonald and most recent has offered several $10,000 college scholarships for STEM students.

I will agree that it is not the right company for everyone. If you don't want to challenged and pushed to be a better version of yourself, then don't work here.

Cons

We give a lot of chances because of the investment we have in our people. The problem is we want them to succeed more than they do.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us to be better and better. Hire more of the right people who believe in our culture and want to make it stronger.

"Amazing Opportunity for the Right Personality"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at alliantgroup has been filled with ups and downs – struggles, setbacks, and growing pains – but I am extremely grateful for everything this company has provided for me.

This company and the various roles I’ve fulfilled have shaped me into the person I am today. Having previously been employed as an engineer with a Fortune 100 company, I can truly say the amount of knowledge, skill, and character development I have acquired are unlike anything I would have imagined. Since my time here, my mentality and overall focus has gone through several different iterations – all of which ultimately prove to be an evolution for the better.

I’ve grown as an individual, a leader, a student, and professional.

While all of the above are what keep me here and make me happy, I realize others may need something a bit more tangible to measure a prospective employer.

+ Excellent benefits (highly competitive salary, 401K match, great PTO allotment)
    + Challenging & rewarding work environment
    + Fantastic upward mobility and truly limitless potential

Cons

As you’ll probably hear time and time again, this job is not for everyone. I cannot emphasize that enough. To better understand what I mean, let me describe myself:

I’m a young (mid-20s) male, competitive to the core, extrovert, and an absolute workaholic. I’m also very resilient and am highly adaptable/teachable. Also, I’m not married.

And look, I understand people will say this job “drains you” or leaves “no room for a social life”. Social life? What else are you doing at 7 PM on a Wednesday night, watching re-runs of the Big Bang Theory?

My point is – my circumstances and environment allow me to invest a lot into my career. And because of that, I’ve found a company whose culture I thrive in.

The turnover at this company is high for a reason – people half-halfheartedly take a chance on a job they know deep down is not for them.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with prospective employees about the work-life balance. I understand it's a delicate line to walk, in that you don't want to scare away a potential new-hire too early, but you're not doing anyone a favor by not being completely 100% forthcoming about the demands of the company.

Catered dinners all year round for those staying past 7 PM. If there are employees here working, it seems fair to provide dinner.

Keep the culture strong. In growing so fast, it's a challenge to maintain the same recipe without anything getting diluted or lost in translation.

"Associate."

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Do you want to be bullied and belittled every day regardless of how hard you slave? Work here!
    The health insurance will help with the antidepressants needed and maybe the PTSD, because it's pretty decent insurance, and it's paid for! Lunches are decent and free. There are some truly wonderful people here, of course you won't be able to talk to them anymore if you leave... Anyone who leaves is basically guilty of heresy.

Cons

Basically this place is like a movie and each department head is a unique villain with some special sadistic power. They like to hire young and rule by intimidation. Can you imagine working in a place where you fear for your job if you miss a social event? They don't like firing people and manage to ice people put or fire them and then intimidate them into checking a box that says they have resigned. The HR department serves no employee and really operates more like a branch devoted to spying and reporting anyone who may have questions about certain practices or isn't guzzling koolaid, working 10+ hours a day and literally screaming the praise of the CEO. If it even seems like you are slightly capable of an independent thought, you will be watched very closely and you likely will not survive. These people in power, LOVE to bully and degrade and throw people under the bus. They are never wrong and everything ever, is always your fault. You can seriously be prepared to be blamed for things you weren't made aware of, or ever asked to do. How? well, by not being proactive, that's how, and their definition of proactive is basically to be psychic. You can work your heart out and really care, and produce quality output but none of this matters, they want more! Anyone who's been here longer than two years is severely troubled or sick or obviously neurotic. It's BAFFLING how with the high and consistent turnover, not once does leadership think that this set up is flawed - There's a cult guidebook answer for everything here. Why the high turnover? Most people can't take it because most people aren't top performers! They only want top performers? Why the lawsuits? People are jealous and want to compete and steal business. They don't care about their clients, unethical and potentially illegal billing practices. I have never been spoken to by so many people with such disrespect for no apparent reason. If you resign, even on good terms, they do not allow you to finish your two weeks and they do not pay you for them! They write you off as a traitor and you are dead to them. Every other time I have resigned, I have finished my two weeks, had a farewell lunch or party, and been wished much success. Here, you are an enemy of the state for leaving and no one has ever better contact you, or they will be questioned and yelled at. Day in and out you will work your heart out, be told it's nowhere near enough, berated semi regularly for things outside of your control, and you will be paid reasonably well. It isn't worth it though. This will never change, they will be their own demise eventually. So much sexual inappropriateness-- I would go on but there are articles devoted to that, so why bother? RUN.

Advice to Management

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

earned not demanded

"Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch AND Free Dinner - Yes, if a company is offering you free dinner, it means that they expect you to work long into the evening.

Cons

No work/life balance. Extremely high turnover. Too much travel. Bad publicity.

"Read the latest news reports on this company!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fact that I don't work there anymore. The fact that someone finally published what really goes on at this company.

Cons

Be sure to read the latest news report regarding the actions of the CEO. Buyer beware. It's all true. It's the same behavior and "culture" that gets trickled down.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what the article says.