alliantgroup, LP Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Associate

3.8
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 44 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons

"Hurricane Harvey relief efforts are our priority"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not only does #alliantgroup help American Businesses find government sponsored incentives, we come together to help demo/rebuild homes that were damaged in #HurricaneHarvey. I'm so proud of my family and the work they did this weekend helping our own!!!
    Big hearted Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank coordinated all efforts and worked amongst a group of volunteers on several of our employees homes affected by Hurricane Harvey. I know this is just the beginning to help the Houston community rebuild and I can't wait to be apart of what is to come. I'm so fortunate to be a part of this #blueateam. #HoustonStrong #10yearsofgoodness

Cons

There's so much to do for our #Houston community and I'm disappointed that I'm not there. Can't wait to be able to assist this weekend.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example.

"Helpful People Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for a few different companies, and I have liked most of them, but this one is different. alliantgroup has heart.

Thinking about all that our city has been through in the last week, and I keep coming back to two emails from our CEO. The first said if you need help, or food, or clothes, or a place to stay, we have them all set up just ask. The second advised of some of our professionals who took water in their homes. He didn't just ask people to help. He was there. Personally. Working his butt off to help. That is the kind of place this is.

The pro of alliantgroup? It's easy. The people. I have said this job is not for everyone, but if you are the kind of person who pushes for greatness, and expects it from your employer, you will get it here.

If this appeals to you, come be a part of helpful people making a difference.

Cons

I am tired of uncommitted people, who didn't invest in themselves or others firing shots at the company I represent.

Advice to Management

Don't rest now. We have so much more to do.

"Excellent experience"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day to day experience matches what was communicated to me during the interview process. Fantastic community of smart professionals that help each other achieve. I've been amazed with all the type A professionals that everyone is helping each other be successful. Training program is excellent and its easy to speak with management if you need help or don't understand something.

Cons

this is a place that you get out what you put in. I was told in an interview that you come to alliantgroup because you seek achievement and personal growth.

Advice to Management

love that I'm constantly asked for feedback. please keep this going as the company keeps growing.

"Amazing Opportunities + Family Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just as the title reads, alliantgroup is a home for those seeking big career opportunities along with a family culture. During the tough days of the hurricane, tropical storm, and corresponding wreckage across Houston, our CEO, leaders, and firm have stepped up to support co-workers whose lives were impacted by the weather events. I have worked many jobs in my life, and this is something you just do not see. Other firms simply set up can drives, or do publicity stunts, but that is not alliantgroup. Our incredible employees, lead by our CEO, have physically helped alliantgroup families rebuild and repair their homes. During a time of extreme stress, our CEO sent help to alliantgroup employees that were rescued from their homes and dropped at shelters to ensure they were moved to corporate housing and hotels so their spouses and children were safe and comfortable. Additionally, other community initiatives are being implemented to help the greater Houston community on top of the assistance and care for alliantgroup family members.

This is simply something you do not see or experience at other companies. If you are looking for a place to build a career, create incredible relationships, serve cutting-edge companies, and give your family an amazing life - this is the place for you. If you are looking for a paycheck and to punch your time card in and out each day - probably not the firm for you.

Pros:
    Fast growth and career opportunities
    401K match
    Catered lunches and dinners
    CEO investment roundtables
    VTO (Volunteer-Time-Off) days for community outreach
    Meritocracy
    Performance bonuses and events

Cons

As with any rapidly growing organization, there are a few growing pains. We have a lot of young folks that are given opportunities to manage earlier in their careers than most organizations -- with that comes a learning curve.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the mission and growing a bigger, badder, stronger, incredible practice. Don't let the noise of a few fog what we are all working toward.

More CEO events with performers across the firm. Steel sharpens steel.

More family days at the office -- it's awesome to have all the kiddos up at the office and meeting everyone's families.

"Hurricane brought out the best in alliantgroup"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Within hours of news reports that Hurricane Harvey was bearing down on Houston, our CEO and Exec Team had reached out to all alliantgroup employees and reitered the importance of safety first. Then, (which BLEW MY MIND), our CEO offered to pay for Hotel rooms for any of our displaced employees and their families for 30 days. Yeah - you read that right... 30 days. I have heard of so many other firms that talk the talk and say they care about their people. Most don't live up to it. The leadership at alliantgroup is top notch and genuinely cares about ALL of our people. THANK YOU!!!!

Cons

This is not for everyone. We demand excellence, high performance, and transparency. Many people that are just looking for a job and paycheck will learn very quickly that they do not belong here.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the next level of leadership. We need it!

"We are not a corporation, we are people"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here at alliantgroup for a month and a half and my experience here is absolutely incredible. Management’s actions and words align, and there truly is an “open door policy.” This is such a refreshing change from the oil and gas industry I came from. During Hurricane Harvey, the CEO personally reached out to each and everyone one of us that was displaced by flooding multiple times to ensure we were okay and to let us know he was here to help. alliantgroup provided ALL of their employees with shelter, food, and any type of assistance you could possibly need during/after Hurricane Harvey flooding. They arranged volunteer efforts to demo homes, provide trash pickup, financial assistance, etc. I was shocked that all of this was offered to me because I have not been with the company for very long. We truly are a family here and I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. From management to my COO and CEO and Team Director, thank you for everything!

Cons

I have nothing but appreciation for this company. No cons.

Advice to Management

Keep making people feel like they matter, keep inspiring us, and keep challenging us to be the best we can be.

"Don't believe all the negative reviews"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the negative reviews are absolutely baseless. i worked here for over 3 years and had to leave because of a family situation. this place is absolutely amazing. i had 6 pay raises in 3 years. great wellness program and gym. smartest people you will ever work with

Cons

the only downside here is hard work and you have to be smart. if you don't like to work hard, don't apply.

Advice to Management

ignore the bad press and keep on trucking

"Great company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Lunch/Dinner
    -Free Snacks
    -Free Workout Classes
    -Free Gym
    -Free Parking
    -Free Heath Insurance
    -Free Movies

These are just a start of all the things alliantgroup gives and does for its employees. The company goes all out for events such as bring your child to work, holiday parties, family days, internal events and so much more.

The CEO goes out of his way to make time for anyone needing to speak with him about concerns or if they just need help figuring things out. He is running a billion dollar company and still manages to do this daily. He also holds town hall meetings to chat with employees about concerns, needs and wants. I can say personally that he has helped me grow tremendously in the past year and truely cares about my happiness inside and out of this company.

We do work really hard at this company because we love and believe in what we do every day! I have seen and talked to clients so happy about what we have been able to do for them. We have so many great people that come to work every day to be a part of a team that is doing so much good for American businesses. If you want to join this great company you will be part of an amazing family that loves to spend time together having a lot of fun.

There several bad reviews on this site and they are are completely untrue. I am can not understand why these people say the lies they do or act as if they are current employees so please take them with that in mind.

Cons

As I stated before we are a family here so it is very hard to work with people that consider this a job. They come in watch the clock, let their team struggles and leave with no concern for anyone else. If you want a JOB, please look elsewhere because you won't be happy here or care about the people or clients as the rest of us do.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad eggs and let them go faster. A bad person can ruin the people around then and create a toxic atmosphere for us all. Spend your time with employees that want to be here and care about making American businesses stronger

"Grit & Investment!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for about 3 1/2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes, knowledge on so many different industries, but also what it takes to grow your career and capitalize on the abundances of resources we have. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize our core values in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free healthy lunch options every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions.

Cons

Longer hours during tax season, but you are always busy so the time flies by. You end up wishing there was more time in the day!
    You will constantly be pushed so if you don't like people demanding the best from you and from yourself, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"Poor reviews are absolute bunk"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 8 years and have never seen or found a job like this. The compensation, fun, excitement, colleagues, management are simply amazing. 60% of the employees are females (I am a female) and there is no glass door here. The comments you see in some of the press are a total fabrication. The environment here is extremely pro female and the CEO is a great and fair person. He only wants each and every professional to reach his/her potential and be the best version of him/herself. Add in the smartest and most driven professionals you will ever find under one roof, a great wellness program, a degreed and professional nutritionist, well what more can I say.

Cons

There are 2 'black-out' time periods lasting about 6-8 weeks that you can't take vacation unless it's an emergency, wedding, funeral, etc.

Advice to Management

I have had the chance to work with 4 ceos in my career and alliantgroup' CEO is the best by far. He only cares about 2 things - investing in professionals at ag and making sure each and every client becomes a client for life. Please please do not believe any of the press out there and miss out on the best career opportunity you will ever have! The people that complain about alliantgroup are ones that don't want to put the time and effort in to be great. Thank you alliantgroup for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am loyal for life!