alliantgroup, LP Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Associate

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 32 reviews)

• Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 32 reviews)

Cons

"If you are the right type of person this can be a great place to work."

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost a true meritocracy and much closer than most places to getting it right. If you are a type-A personality and a workaholic who doesn't mind also wasting time when more senior staff think it's time to hang out you would probably do well there.

Cons

There's a bit of a boy's club and while they invest a lot in the employees sometimes that means they can't admit when they need to let go of some that aren't working out and instead will get of newer talent.

"Project Associate"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I went in for my interview, I read the reviews and have to say now that I have been working for a few months that they are not true. Yes, we have a 8:30 to 6:30 general work day but that is because we are consultants. We have amazing perks, free lunch everyday, we can drink after 5, and get to leave early most Fridays and get to leave early more than one would imagine. There is a great atmosphere and culture. I recently graduated from college and could not have asked for a better job! The pay is great, free health care, and have an amazing group of passionate people who I get to work with.

Cons

A more direct path to promotion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I love the how engaging the trainings are and everybody truly cars about growth and investment.

"I am enjoying myself"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for almost two months. I'm very happy with my career and the decision to come here. My last job made me depressed on Sunday afternoons, I had no upward mobility no matter how hard I worked and my colleagues didn't pull their weight. Here, everyone has upward mobility, there is so much fun work to do that the day goes by very quickly and there is very little red tape that gets in between having a new idea and bringing that new idea to life. I am really enjoying myself and I'm having a lot of fun with my team. They are good people. Every day is different and I'm constantly learning about new industries.

Also, the free lunches are making a difference in my health. I've got a simple palate and I used to eat most of my meals from the microwave. alliantgroup's meals are much more balanced than what I've been feeding myself for the past few years! I don't think I've ever eaten so many vegetables in my life.

I have not seen any of the silly stuff some of these reviews talk about.

Cons

This is a very young workforce and a small handful of people lack basic social skills.

Advice to Management

I think you guys know that to take the company to the next level, you're going to have to hire some more senior people than you've been hiring for the past 15 years. Continue to bring in experienced hires -- people who have proven themselves at other places -- who can bring their skill sets and knowledge to alliantgroup and help drive the company to the next level.

"difficult but well worth it"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

grew more here in 2 years than in 5 years at my previous job; free breakfast, lunch and dinner; free gym; free yoga, circuit training, pilates lasses; free health assessments; outsized bonuses; can make more $ here than anywhere else; chance to meet former and current governors, senators and congressmen and know them on a first name basis; help us businesses grow; given a lot of responsibility from the start

Cons

you will work 50 hours a week; will challenge your brain more than you thought possible

Advice to Management

need more experienced managers

"Associate Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently joined alliantgroup just under a year ago and I am so happy I did. I read all the pros and cons and did my own research and I am so glad I did! Everything I want from an employer and in a new job I have found here. I am able to watch my co-workers celebrate their success and they celebrate mine. We are changing the world with what we are doing for our clients in keeping jobs here in the U.S. and the fact that we are able to help CEO's uncover the cash refunds they are eligible for is all the more rewarding. If you have been successful in your career and you want to work for the company that will reward you for your hard work when you want to work here with us.

Cons

The company is growing at such a rapid pace we need more top performers. If you do not want to have your work reviewed or be part of an elite group then don't come here. Some people come here and think they are going to change us and then they don't work out so that sometimes puts pressure on the others so know what you want in your career and be honest with the person you are meeting with in what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!! I love it!!!!!!

"The Cut Throat Will Succeed"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great opportunities for upward mobility due to the turnover. Hourly employees can bank on the over time they work, while salaried employees are often rewarded with sizable bonuses. Contests will also earn you big checks and gift cards. Of course, free lunch, and during tax season, dinner. Facilities are gorgeous and the location is great.

Cons

This company is definitely a great home for a particular personality type. People who are comfortable making work their whole life, who don't mind incredibly long days, and people who love "playing the game" will thrive here. Employees who enjoy work/life balance, who are involved in anything outside of work, and who are not prone to drinking the blue a kool-aide likely won't last.

I found that if I got my work done on time and left at a reasonable hour, I would get chastised for not being a team player, for not staying late, and for being committed.

Teams constantly get restructured due to crazy turnover. By the time I left a year after I started, I had seen my entire training class slowly die off. Not one member of the team that recruited me was there when I left. You'd often ask where a teammate was only to find out they'd been fired, with no real consideration given to how it would affect the rest of the team.

It isn't uncommon to hear girls crying or vomiting in the bathrooms due to stress, and the lack of emotional maturity in the company often led to explosive interactions.

Most of the work I did there seemed redundant and only done to justify upping billing on more lucrative accounts.

Advice to Management

Hire carefully, prepare new team members for success by providing MEANINGFUL training, and spend less time worrying about how many hours your people work, instead focus on the quality of their work.

"All Promises Fulfilled"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

during the interview process i was promised career opportunities, the chance to visit clients, on the job and classroom training, and "investment" from my mentors and other directors. All of this and more has been fulfilled in my time with alliantgroup.

Some of the cons are not really cons... people complain about "too much work" and "demanding schedule," but really, what successful business out there does not have a high volume of work and demanding schedules for its most valuable employees? For me it's all about having the opportunity to be part of something that makes a real impact. We get to help american businesses claim valuable tax incentives and create more jobs. This is not just political rhetoric. It's real. I've seen it, and heard it directly from clients. This place is the real deal.

Cons

growing company, so there ERP system is somewhat dated and there is a lot of stuff done manually that could be automated that would really increase employee productivity.

Advice to Management

Invest in new ERP system
    Keep hiring... we need more good people

"great transition to a new industry"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started here in an entry level Professional Engineering position after transitioning from a different industry. I was a bit nervous at first because it was so new for me. But, there was a lot of opportunity for growth because my group was new so I took advantage of it. My earning potential and bonus plan is great and above what my friends in my engineering program in college have available to them. Sometimes the work can be repetitive, but oftentimes I do get to work on buildings that are very innovative and featured in industry journals and publications so that is pretty interesting and makes it well worth it. Makes for good conversation with other engineers while on the road. The benefits work out really great for me. Health insurance is covered 100% and they recently started matching 401k contributions so I started participating in the plan this year. Management has an open door policy which is good and my manager isn't opposed to getting in the trenches and getting his hands dirty when the work gets tough, and I appreciate that a lot. I can actually say this about all of management really. All the way up to the top, which is really awesome. You don't find that at a lot of places nowadays.

Cons

Managing my workload with the tools that I have available can be difficult sometimes. For a mature company we should have better project tracking and assignment systems. One day I could have two projects on my plate and the next day I could have 20. It is very hard to plan with swings in workload like this. There has to be a better way. I know the company is making significant investments in this area, so I am hopeful for what is to come. Fingers crossed.

Advice to Management

Overall I like the direction management has taken the company since I have been here. We have grown significantly and so has the opportunities for myself as well as my compensation and benefits. As I mentioned previously, invest in better tools to manage the workload. I think that is the biggest challenge facing employees right now. I see this is starting to happen, but more public updates on this would be helpful to those of us who are out of the office often.

"Play the Game, or Don't Pass Go"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- free food, free soda
    - big parties
    - lots of contests
    - decent pay
    - good location

- If you are hyper competitive, you can promote quickly and lead your own team
    - If you buddy up with leadership and become a yes man, you will win lots in bonuses and awards

Cons

Let me say: I hated working here. I will try to be objective, but just let that be known up front. I was unwilling to back stab and throw other people under buses. I wasn't willing to kowtow to the powers that be and speak only in buzzwords. I did my job, but tried to keep the best interests of the clients in mind instead of my own, which apparently was not the correct protocol.

This company gave me anxiety issues that I now need medication for. I couldn't get through the day without throwing up or crying. I couldn't understand why the reviews were so shining. Then I realized they were written under coercion.

Walking the halls every day wondering who was getting fired was too much stress. Knowing your teams would be rearranged every few months because they couldn't hold on to enough experienced employees to make their current teams work was bizarre.

Advice to Management

Change. Everything.

"Outstanding Organization - I Love What I Do"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization and the work that we perform makes me love what I do. This company pushes you to be the best that you can be. Everyday provides new challenges and opportunities. I truly appreciate the amount of time upper management and my peers invest in my and everyone's development. The office is always full of positive energy and it is contagious! There is tremendous opportunity to grow. High performance is rewarded. I only wish I had found alliantgroup 10 years ago.

Cons

This is not a con but a word of advice.
    You will not be happy here if:
    1. You aren't driven and dont have any grit.
    2. You dont believe in putting clients first while delivering an outstanding client experience.

Advice to Management

I love that there is no secret to how to be successful at alliantgroup. Your investment, feedback, and coaching allow everyone the opportunity to be successful. Also, I love how everyone is treated and provided the same keys to success. Managers are held accountable and there is an open door policy. High performance is rewarded and that's how it should be.