alliantgroup, LP Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Associate

3.9
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They'll sell you in on the perks -- free lunch and health benefits (in 49 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • There has to be a work life balance for a happy associate (in 55 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 28 reviews)

"The Harvey Weinstein of Tax Consulting Firms"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Around Thanksgiving time new movies come out that are poisoning our children's minds. It's nice that there is a place like this where people are safe, just like they are safe when around our good pal Harvey Weinstein. In an effort to protect young women, the CEO personally spends many late nights with his disciples.

Cons

Many of the girls "scream" (get the weinstein reference, he produced it!) when they see how much attention the CEO will pay to them. This place seems like a "Scary Movie" because its too good to be true! The CEO will tell all the young prey that "She's So Lovely". What a compliment!!! Just like "Pulp Fiction" this place is a real classic! The way people act is like "gangs of new york"!

Overall, just a great experience. Much like meeting with Harvey Weinstein, many career opportunities open once you begin working here! One girl has a "what's your favorite position?" "CEO!" sign in her room. LOL thats so ironic because she used to spend so much time with the CEO at night! Just like the actresses that spent so much time with our savior, Harvey, she "worked" her way to the top! Great job!

Advice to Management

Never change! Keep meeting late at night with the attractive people in the office. Continue to ignore what people do. Like the Kardashians, you recognize that talent and hard work isnt as important as beauty! It's nice to see that beauty is still recognized in the workplace for non-admin positions. If you are beautiful and looking for an admin position, DO NOT APPLY here. These people put attractive people in real management positions.

"Glad I joined"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This time of year is always a good time to be reflective. Must say i am so happy to have joined alliantgroup. As I spend time with my friends that have literally dull and boring jobs, i'm thankful i found a place that is growing and wants me to be a great professional. Great to have an opportunity to continue my career without being tied to typical corporate bureaucracy.

Cons

Sure there is a ton of work, but that's because its a growing company. my friends in the energy industry are still looking for jobs and those that have found something are generally unhappy.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to the naysayers. they will only try and bring you down. Looking forward to 2018.

"Amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working with great people. This rings true in the amazing diversity of the organization and the relationships I've built with my co-workers. Everyday is a different challenge and I am truly excited to come into work everyday. I know that I am going to have a lot of fun, help U.S. businesses, and grow professionally and personally. The energy this company has is second to none! I just wish I had found this organization years and years ago! I love being a part of the growth and future of the company! Everyone is afforded the same opportunity!

Cons

People who are looking for a clock in clock out job will not be happy. It is a high performance culture, and that is a good thing for those who like to be challenged and make an impact!

Advice to Management

The culture is second to none! Also, thank you for the community outreach programs, wellness initiatives, and support you've provided during times like Hurricane Harvey

"Make a difference, every day!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

at alliantgroup, you are in charge of your own career. The atmosphere is perfect for professionals who want to grow their career by working hard in a fun atmosphere. Plus, every day, you get to work with small to mid-size American businesses to help keep jobs in America!

Cons

The con is that we aren't helping MORE businesses - let's keep growing!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

"Work Here Only if Necessary"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, medical, dental. Good FIRST job. All busy work, nothing is hard. Good for people with secretary, administrative, or customer service backgrounds. Can drink at work sometimes

Cons

There is not a great work-life balance. You will be expected to work 12 or more hours sometimes as well as work from home on weekends. Don't work here if you have any type of technical engineering or life science degree. This is not somewhere you will use your degree. The most you will use it is writing a couple paragraphs that "could" be science related, but 99% of your work will not be related to your degree at all, and that goes for all degrees. You really don't even need a degree to do this job. If you are expecting to be intellectually stimulated, this is not the job for you. There is a lot of copy and pasting and filling out templates. In this role you are mostly an assistant. Succeeding here is largely based on being a favorite. It feels a lot like being in college or in a frat or sorority. Leadership is not great here, you will basically be expected to take your training into your own hands with little to no guidance. You will not gain experience or skills that you can apply at other companies, unless it is being a secretary or in an administrative role.

Advice to Management

Work on being more transparent with employees. Give feedback that can be turned into tangible goals.

6. "Dynamic Team Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working alongside passionate and intelligent professionals in a high energy, merit-based environment. It is so fulfilling to see the direct and positive results in helping American businesses grow. Additionally, I love learning the technical intricacies and continuing to grow intellectually everyday while investing in the firm and clients. The sky is the limit and it is truly a meritocracy with an open door policy - every single person wants to invest in you and help you grow your career!

Cons

The ability to complete all of the items I want to achieve in a day!

Advice to Management

Please keep driving the company to new heights and bringing in more clients for us to serve!

"Honesty is the best policy"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None of these are pros, besides the free booze and food. You will gain weight.
    The truth is in the reviews that are not titled BEST PLACE EVER with an over exaggerated amount of exclamations points. Those exclamation points are a clear sign that someone internally was asked to write that review. It is not the best place ever, it’s quite the opposite. Beginning my career at a place like alliantgroup as a fresh graduate, was of course, great. I got introduced to people my age, the atmosphere was fun, the people were friendly and nice, and the best part, I got to drink daily for free. What 22-23 year old wouldn’t love that as a job? Then I slowly watched week by week at least one individual getting fired or leaving. The reason you may ask? It’s all about the culture. The culture appears to be normal once explained to you, but you will soon enough find out that the “culture” is similar to some type of cult, and I am not being dramatic about that. I watched 2 directors get fired for “not being culturally aligned” after being with the firm for at least 5 years. How in that time is someone all of a sudden, not fitting the culture? That’s the go-to phrase when someone leaves or gets fired. Once you make the decision to leave and people find out, no one speaks to you. Not even a congratulations on your new adventure. You are shunned from the alliantgroup society.
    Additionally, you will be told who to associate with. Once management deems someone as “unfit”, you will be told to disengage with that individual and only focus on people on your team. Working 10 hours a day, that’s a minimum. Don’t dare leave on time or people will think you are lazy and not culturally aligned. They will tell you that you have the ability to move up quickly, that’s a lie. Well, it’s not a lie if you are on the right team, which 99% of the time, you’re not. My path was cursed the minute I walked into alliantgroup. 2 directors fired, a handful of PM’s quitting and my personal favorite, a failing team a time or two. A failing team does not directly relate to your cultural alignment or performance, its job security apparently.
    Lastly, HR is a total joke. Not one single person cares about your well-being or promotions. Team leads and HR are besties, which means you will lose, every single time. Speak up once or maybe twice, and you are out. Don’t dare question any unethical situations such as billing practices or the fact that everyone deserves overtime pay, you will be shown the door.
    Moral of the story here kids, do not take the job. It sounds great on paper, but once the blinds are pulled back, it’s toxic. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people cry after development meetings because they were told they are unworthy, or having personal performance conversations in front of everyone. I can’t tell you how many times people are passed up for leadership positions that actually deserve it. Oh and if you’re married, you can kiss that goodbye. You will never see your SO due to the crazy work hours and expectations to attend every single team outing, including the famous raves where people dress up in inappropriate outfits and perform some type of dance for everyone, and participation is required. This is not a professional work environment. Every Monday, you will get to openly listen to everyone’s weekend stories about who they slept with or how drunk they got. Pretty entertaining if you like that sort of thing in the work place.

Cons

Where do I start? No work-life balance, long hours with no compensation, unethical practices, cult-like mentality, lack of professionalism, lack of real guidance and management.

Advice to Management

My advice to management, look internally and really understand the root of the issues instead of brushing everything under the rug. Use the information your ex-employees are saying, it’s not a coincidence that everyone says the exact same thing in their exit interview (if even given one). Change the hours or start paying employees what they deserve for working 7 days a week. You need a diversified workplace, not everyone needs to be the exact same robot. More ideas come out of diversity of personalities. Oh, might also want to hit up a professional to teach the employees about harassment in the workplace. Might help alleviate some of those comments and allegations. Also take your "leaders" to some type of management and leadership conference, might learn something different from real leaders who have respect from their employees. Its a whole different ballgame when your employees actually trust and respect you.

"Hurricane Harvey relief efforts are our priority"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not only does #alliantgroup help American Businesses find government sponsored incentives, we come together to help demo/rebuild homes that were damaged in #HurricaneHarvey. I'm so proud of my family and the work they did this weekend helping our own!!!
    Big hearted Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank coordinated all efforts and worked amongst a group of volunteers on several of our employees homes affected by Hurricane Harvey. I know this is just the beginning to help the Houston community rebuild and I can't wait to be apart of what is to come. I'm so fortunate to be a part of this #blueateam. #HoustonStrong #10yearsofgoodness

Cons

There's so much to do for our #Houston community and I'm disappointed that I'm not there. Can't wait to be able to assist this weekend.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example.

"Helpful People Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for a few different companies, and I have liked most of them, but this one is different. alliantgroup has heart.

Thinking about all that our city has been through in the last week, and I keep coming back to two emails from our CEO. The first said if you need help, or food, or clothes, or a place to stay, we have them all set up just ask. The second advised of some of our professionals who took water in their homes. He didn't just ask people to help. He was there. Personally. Working his butt off to help. That is the kind of place this is.

The pro of alliantgroup? It's easy. The people. I have said this job is not for everyone, but if you are the kind of person who pushes for greatness, and expects it from your employer, you will get it here.

If this appeals to you, come be a part of helpful people making a difference.

Cons

I am tired of uncommitted people, who didn't invest in themselves or others firing shots at the company I represent.

Advice to Management

Don't rest now. We have so much more to do.

"Amazing Opportunities + Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just as the title reads, alliantgroup is a home for those seeking big career opportunities along with a family culture. During the tough days of the hurricane, tropical storm, and corresponding wreckage across Houston, our CEO, leaders, and firm have stepped up to support co-workers whose lives were impacted by the weather events. I have worked many jobs in my life, and this is something you just do not see. Other firms simply set up can drives, or do publicity stunts, but that is not alliantgroup. Our incredible employees, lead by our CEO, have physically helped alliantgroup families rebuild and repair their homes. During a time of extreme stress, our CEO sent help to alliantgroup employees that were rescued from their homes and dropped at shelters to ensure they were moved to corporate housing and hotels so their spouses and children were safe and comfortable. Additionally, other community initiatives are being implemented to help the greater Houston community on top of the assistance and care for alliantgroup family members.

This is simply something you do not see or experience at other companies. If you are looking for a place to build a career, create incredible relationships, serve cutting-edge companies, and give your family an amazing life - this is the place for you. If you are looking for a paycheck and to punch your time card in and out each day - probably not the firm for you.

Pros:
    Fast growth and career opportunities
    401K match
    Catered lunches and dinners
    CEO investment roundtables
    VTO (Volunteer-Time-Off) days for community outreach
    Meritocracy
    Performance bonuses and events

Cons

As with any rapidly growing organization, there are a few growing pains. We have a lot of young folks that are given opportunities to manage earlier in their careers than most organizations -- with that comes a learning curve.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the mission and growing a bigger, badder, stronger, incredible practice. Don't let the noise of a few fog what we are all working toward.

More CEO events with performers across the firm. Steel sharpens steel.

More family days at the office -- it's awesome to have all the kiddos up at the office and meeting everyone's families.