alliantgroup, LP Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Associate

3.5
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

1. "Great place for motivated professionals"

Current Employee - R&D Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - R&D Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get rewarded for your contributions from day 1. No time and tenure. Fun atmosphere and constant push to be the best possible consulting professional that I can be.

Cons

Really busy and a lot of work. It's a blessing and a curse. There is a lot going on - time management and an ability to delegate are a must.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring! Our teams are ready for more people to keep training and developing.

"Don't believe all the negative reviews"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the negative reviews are absolutely baseless. i worked here for over 3 years and had to leave because of a family situation. this place is absolutely amazing. i had 6 pay raises in 3 years. great wellness program and gym. smartest people you will ever work with

Cons

the only downside here is hard work and you have to be smart. if you don't like to work hard, don't apply.

Advice to Management

ignore the bad press and keep on trucking

"Poor reviews are absolute bunk"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 8 years and have never seen or found a job like this. The compensation, fun, excitement, colleagues, management are simply amazing. 60% of the employees are females (I am a female) and there is no glass door here. The comments you see in some of the press are a total fabrication. The environment here is extremely pro female and the CEO is a great and fair person. He only wants each and every professional to reach his/her potential and be the best version of him/herself. Add in the smartest and most driven professionals you will ever find under one roof, a great wellness program, a degreed and professional nutritionist, well what more can I say.

Cons

There are 2 'black-out' time periods lasting about 6-8 weeks that you can't take vacation unless it's an emergency, wedding, funeral, etc.

Advice to Management

I have had the chance to work with 4 ceos in my career and alliantgroup' CEO is the best by far. He only cares about 2 things - investing in professionals at ag and making sure each and every client becomes a client for life. Please please do not believe any of the press out there and miss out on the best career opportunity you will ever have! The people that complain about alliantgroup are ones that don't want to put the time and effort in to be great. Thank you alliantgroup for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am loyal for life!

"Build a Career with ag!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place to work towards building a meaningful career, not having a clock-in/clock-out job. If you're looking to be challenged each day and be pushed to new levels of success, then this is definitely the place for you. Each day you have the opportunity to learn from amazing leadership and are given opportunities for advancement constantly. Putting our clients first and making sure that we are always putting them in the best position is not only a tenant of the company's foundation, but something that dictates EVERY decision we make internally. It's hard to not absolutely love what you do each day, when each interaction is centered around helping businesses grow and succeed!!

Cons

In order to preserve the high standard we have for our people internally and our level of service for clients & CPAs, we will not lower the bar for people who are compromising that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't be distracted by the negative noise. You've built a fantastic place of opportunity and a family within alliantgroup, and you're definitely doing it right.

"Great company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Lunch/Dinner
    -Free Snacks
    -Free Workout Classes
    -Free Gym
    -Free Parking
    -Free Heath Insurance
    -Free Movies

These are just a start of all the things alliantgroup gives and does for its employees. The company goes all out for events such as bring your child to work, holiday parties, family days, internal events and so much more.

The CEO goes out of his way to make time for anyone needing to speak with him about concerns or if they just need help figuring things out. He is running a billion dollar company and still manages to do this daily. He also holds town hall meetings to chat with employees about concerns, needs and wants. I can say personally that he has helped me grow tremendously in the past year and truely cares about my happiness inside and out of this company.

We do work really hard at this company because we love and believe in what we do every day! I have seen and talked to clients so happy about what we have been able to do for them. We have so many great people that come to work every day to be a part of a team that is doing so much good for American businesses. If you want to join this great company you will be part of an amazing family that loves to spend time together having a lot of fun.

There several bad reviews on this site and they are are completely untrue. I am can not understand why these people say the lies they do or act as if they are current employees so please take them with that in mind.

Cons

As I stated before we are a family here so it is very hard to work with people that consider this a job. They come in watch the clock, let their team struggles and leave with no concern for anyone else. If you want a JOB, please look elsewhere because you won't be happy here or care about the people or clients as the rest of us do.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad eggs and let them go faster. A bad person can ruin the people around then and create a toxic atmosphere for us all. Spend your time with employees that want to be here and care about making American businesses stronger

"Grit & Investment!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for about 3 1/2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes, knowledge on so many different industries, but also what it takes to grow your career and capitalize on the abundances of resources we have. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize our core values in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free healthy lunch options every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions.

Cons

Longer hours during tax season, but you are always busy so the time flies by. You end up wishing there was more time in the day!
    You will constantly be pushed so if you don't like people demanding the best from you and from yourself, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"Client Associate"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AWESOME work environment! Free catered food every day, collaborative and 'young' office setting. Really invested into teaching you what you need to know in order to succeed. Unlimited growth opportunity - I know a few individuals that have been here around a year exploring new areas of the business!

Cons

Sometimes work late because of busy season, but I don't know any career where you are not expected to put in the time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Yall are doing a great job and I am happy to be here!

"Great place to land a career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate/EA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate/EA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I first interviewed with the company, I was told to "not pay too much attention to the Glassdoor reviews". Let's just say, I'm glad I didn't! Most of the (negative) reviews on here are from former employees that just didn't have the drive or desire to work hard enough to succeed here. And let's be honest, no one likes a job they aren't good at (or aren't willing to put the work in to get better). Anyways, my first year, like any job, was tough. I was trying to absorb very thing like a sponge (which included trainings and working "after hours"), but all this was was towards investment in my professional growth that would lead me to excel at my role as time went on. Needless to say, I am coming up on 3 years and can say with all honesty that I enjoy coming to work everyday. I consider my coworkers more as friends. And I feel very supported by management. Lastly, I personally thrive off of positive reinforcement, and there is no lack of such acknowledgement/reward from management. $$$

Cons

High turnover rate - due to people not willing to stick it out and get over the learning curve.

This is definitely not a "clock-in, clock-out" "job". If that's what you're looking for, this is not the place. This company is all about high performance, so if that doesn't excite you or if that's not your mentality, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your constant investment in me!

"A workplace that is my extended family!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is so amazing!! From day one, I have felt like I was family and not just a number which was so important to me. Contributing to our success, believing in what we do and building relationships with our clients has always been a priority to me and alliantgroup has allotted me that opportunity. I love that I am surrounded by people that are as passionate as I am about what we can do to strengthen American businesses.
    I’ve appreciated that as we have grown, management’s door has always been open, they have listened when I needed them, allowed me to try new things and helped me to grow by providing constant training, education and the tools to be successful in my position. They appreciate their family and I feel so very lucky to be here.

Cons

For some people, learning to deal with different hours every day could pose a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep your hand's on approach, it works!

"Clock in; Click out -- not here ."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, lots of exposure to different things, established career paths, trusted managers and team mates

Cons

This is a high performance culture; a meritocracy; results are rewarded; collaboration, transparency and investment are minimal expectations. People who operate under the Core Values consistently get promoted into leadership roles. Those who work to improve the Company, the team and him/herself, stand out and are elevated within the organization. People who behave like owners and not renters become high performers. The culture is refreshingly open and honest. We are here to serve clients and that means we are not clocking in and out. People who truly care will go above and beyond themselves and encourage others to do the same.

Advice to Management

We're growing fast; let's not compromise on expectations and remaining tried and true to the culture.