alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

4.0
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"Clock in; Click out -- not here ."

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, lots of exposure to different things, established career paths, trusted managers and team mates

Cons

This is a high performance culture; a meritocracy; results are rewarded; collaboration, transparency and investment are minimal expectations. People who operate under the Core Values consistently get promoted into leadership roles. Those who work to improve the Company, the team and him/herself, stand out and are elevated within the organization. People who behave like owners and not renters become high performers. The culture is refreshingly open and honest. We are here to serve clients and that means we are not clocking in and out. People who truly care will go above and beyond themselves and encourage others to do the same.

Advice to Management

We're growing fast; let's not compromise on expectations and remaining tried and true to the culture.

"If you are the right type of person this can be a great place to work."

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost a true meritocracy and much closer than most places to getting it right. If you are a type-A personality and a workaholic who doesn't mind also wasting time when more senior staff think it's time to hang out you would probably do well there.

Cons

There's a bit of a boy's club and while they invest a lot in the employees sometimes that means they can't admit when they need to let go of some that aren't working out and instead will get of newer talent.

"179D - Energy Modeler - New, different experience..."

Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros -
    Work Hard, Play Hard culture - We have multiple financial incentives which is unheard of from any of my former employers. Half days, leave early, and many company team outings, we have a gym and a wellness program that is available to everyone, not to mention catered lunches every day. We are a tight knit community and basically a family. We go play volleyball, have dinner, watch movies, etc. Another core identity in our company is our people. We work hard and have fun doing it !

Opportunities like no other- the AEC (architectural, engineering, construction) industry has been suffering for the last couple of years. Now with this role there is an opportunity for professionals with this background to succeed and help the industry succeed as well.
    On top of that, in ag you are not doing repetitive, monotonous tasks, and looking over countless redlined drawings like in traditional AEC jobs. In ag every day i am challenged, pushed, and am given countless opportunities to become a better professional. If you are like me and are a go-getter, you have that ‘it’ factor, then please come to ag and help us grow !!

Career growth like no other - Here in ag, with a technical background, I along with everyone have the same opportunity to become a director and lead a team. In traditional AEC firms one would have to wait for someone to retire, be there minimum 5 years, and pass several exams. We are not a time and tenured firm, in ag it's up to you. Don't let someone else’s bad experience hinder or give you a preconceived notion. Bad reviews are a result of certain individuals who don't have enough grit and perseverance to listen to feedback and apply it for themselves to thrive in the company.

Experience it for yourself - 179D has grown from 12 people in 2012 to now 150+. That gives you a snippet of our expansion. We are the in the epicenter of our industry and we are not stopping our growth, don't miss out on this opportunity and experience it for yourself.

Cons

Cons -
    Rapid growth -We are growing exponentially and to new heights, so certain things need to change for the demand of our clients and additional clients. These are good problems, when growing at a 100 mph there will be mistakes in every level of a company. There are deficiencies from our process, training, to even management, but the good thing about this company is if you bring it up and it has merit, you can actually be part of the solution.

Long hours - There are long hours when needed, one of our core identities is giving premiere client service. This is the root cause of our success. We have to be up and running for our clients on the east, central, and west coast time zone, so our hours are from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm. However If you are done or ahead with your work we encourage everyone to head out and enjoy their time off. If you're looking for a 9-5 job, don’t take this, it's a career. We need people who are looking for a place to invest their passion and in return the company will invest in them. It’s a two way street.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback from every employee and apply it when it has merit. Have more cross-department meetings and interactions within the company. As we keep growing make sure we are promoting the right leaders that will have the best successful impact for our company and clients.

"If the US Marine Corps did tax consulting"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are working with the most talented, most accomplished, most focused people in the entire industry. alliantgroup's greatest asset is their people team. Excellent benefits, they pay for your health insurance, understanding management if you have to leave in the middle of the day, gym on-site and a dedicated wellness team. Huge opportunity for promotion. Fast growing company. The employees who persevere with this company, are all very very happy with their jobs and lives.

Cons

Long work hours, vaguely cult-like culture, they operate their great personnel at 99% efficiency which is why they provide such great benefits. Many people quit or are fired within the first twelve months of employment. It was rare to find anyone who had been there more than two years.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at how to reduce your new-employee turn over. This will be the best way to promote-from-within and get the management team that you need to continue the fantastic growth you have built this far.

"Endless Opportunities for Hard Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door principle, collaborative work environment, growth opportunities, great people who genuinely want to train you and invest in your development.

Cons

Long work hours, which is ok since it's recognized and rewarded.

Advice to Management

None

"A Good Opportunity"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup has been a wonderful experience and a good opportunity. Like many of the reviews have said, it really catapulted my career and allowed me to grow as a professional at an accelerated rate. I have grown so much - personally and professionally - during my time here and I am truly grateful for all that alliantgroup has given me.

For me the biggest pro are the people. alliantgroup hires some of the most diverse, interesting, and intelligent young professionals this nation has to offer. I am challenged daily.

The culture is designed to reward high performance. I truly like the culture. I enjoy working with other high performers, who push me daily. If I want to be the best, I need to surround myself by the best. Since everyone is in competition to be the highest performer, it can be high stress at times. That doesn't bother me.

Lastly, alliantgroup can be a lot of fun. We have work out classes and an amazing gym. We have friendly office competitions such as the Christmas pod decorating competition. We have parties and lip sync battles. Dress up days. They are funny and fun work perks.

Cons

Long hours - year around.
    Black out seasons - 5 months a year.
    No 401 K match
    15 Days of PTO a year include sick days, Max out at 20 days PTO a year after 10 years at the firm

Advice to Management

I wish the mantra of work hard, play hard was more practiced. Snow cones at 4 pm is great. I would prefer to be able to leave at 2-3 on a Friday after working 50+ hours.

"Mindset is everything."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As you may have gathered from skimming over the reviews on this page, alliantgroup is a polarizing company. After investing several years in the firm, looking back, I feel the love-hate relationship many employees develop with alliantgroup is deeply rooted in our high performance culture. The bottom line is high performance people push themselves, hard. High performance people get comfortable being uncomfortable because they understand that is what it takes to take themselves and their career to the next level. For me, it all ties back into mindset. There is a lot of truth to both the positive and negative reviews you have read on this page. For those that either do not understand or do not embrace a high performance culture, alliantgroup likely will not be a good fit. For those that understand and embrace a high performance culture, alliantgroup will be a truly amazing journey.

Through my time with the firm, I have realized personal and professional growth at a rate that was not possible at previous jobs. In a few short years, I have helped hundreds of American businesses qualify for powerful tax incentives, gained exposure to the designs of thousands of commercial buildings throughout the United States, expanded my knowledge of the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry, strengthened interpersonal skills through constant communication in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, cultivated leadership skills, all the while doubling my earning potential, and having a hell of a lot of fun along the way. Because if you are not having fun at alliantgroup, you just are not doing it right. Our recruiting teams truly bust their butts to fill our firm with some of the most intelligent, energetic, and interesting people you will ever have the privilege of working with. I am so thankful for the wonderful opportunities I have found at alliantgroup, and the best part is, I know I have only scratched the surface of my potential.

If you happen to be or are close to an entrepreneur, then you know how challenging getting a business of the ground can be. Like any other business, alliantgroup has had setbacks and growing pains. That being said, the firm continues to grow year over year at an incredible pace. Again, after investing several years in the firm, I can honestly say management has taken constructive criticism to heart. Like many of the high performers that make up this great organization, management has lead by example and used feedback to elevate their game. Transitioning to a beautiful new facility in the Galleria, strategic shifts towards sustainable long-term growth, performance incentivized half-days, building out a beautiful lounge for dining and recreation, investing in a Wellness program, adding an on-site studio gym, and weekly personalized fitness classes are all shining examples of management listening and adapting to the needs of their employees.

Cons

Consistent long hours year round.

Advice to Management

In true alliantgroup fashion, four stars out of five. There is always room for improvement. An overwhelming number of former and current employees are asking for more time outside of work. Is it possible to move in this direction without sacrificing our mission?

"Project Associate"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are really great to work with, you are always busy so the day flies by, you learn something new everyday, and if you want to advance there are plenty of opportunities as the company is growing very quickly. Benefits are good: healthcare, free lunches, parking and gym.

Cons

The client hours are from 8:30 am - 6:30 pm and you should not expect to leave early. Unfortunately turn over also is really high, so teams are always changing. Work load is intense but manageable. Also transparency is a core value, but I don't think management and team leads really embody it.

Advice to Management

Transparency should be a higher priority, and the day should end before 6:30 pm. If you've gotten your work done efficiently then you shouldn't have to sit, just to be seen, until 6:30.

"Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your coworkers are fantastic. There's a lot of brain power in that office.

Cons

LONG working hours and little recognition in some positions.

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pros to working at alliantgroup. If you want a career and love being challenged, this is the place for you. I worked at five companies before joining alliantgroup so I have a good amount of other companies to compare to. alliantgroup takes the cake across the board. I have family here, not coworkers and I walk out everyday feeling as though I contribute to a cause that actually matters. How many people can actually say that? The thing I like best is that there is no ceiling as far as your growth. I've been here 3 years and I'm 10x the professional I was when I walked in and still learn/grow everyday. I'm challenged daily and therefore, this job is extremely rewarding. I have amazing mentors and friends here and you will find the same. Health/wellness is a really big thing here and we are in the process of building a gym. We even have a Director of Health & Wellness who is available for questions/advice daily. In addition, healthy lunches are served daily and I frequently attend the weekly yoga class that is hosted at our building (among other fitness classes/events). Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career not a job, a place where they can grow/learn and life long friends/mentors.

Cons

i don't really have any negative things to say. I honestly LOVE working here and plan to stay for a very ling time.