alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 32 reviews)

• Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 32 reviews)

Cons

"Finally found the culture I thrive in..."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

After spending 7 years in the workforce I finally found a company that aligns with all of the things I'm looking for in a company. alliantgroup stays true to their word about rewarding people who work hard and add value, and they give you all the tools you need to excel within the company. alliantgroup offers formal training, assigns you a mentor, and places you on a team so you have the foundation you need to really grow your career within the company. The transparent management style and company culture lets you know where you stand at all times and what you need to do to get to the next level within the company. Aside from the career benefits, alliantgroup is just a fun place to come to work. For the first time I'm eager to go to work each day!

Cons

While this is a pro for me, it may be a con for others, and that is alliantgroup truly rewards merit over tenure.

"Project Associate"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I went in for my interview, I read the reviews and have to say now that I have been working for a few months that they are not true. Yes, we have a 8:30 to 6:30 general work day but that is because we are consultants. We have amazing perks, free lunch everyday, we can drink after 5, and get to leave early most Fridays and get to leave early more than one would imagine. There is a great atmosphere and culture. I recently graduated from college and could not have asked for a better job! The pay is great, free health care, and have an amazing group of passionate people who I get to work with.

Cons

A more direct path to promotion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I love the how engaging the trainings are and everybody truly cars about growth and investment.

"I am enjoying myself"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for almost two months. I'm very happy with my career and the decision to come here. My last job made me depressed on Sunday afternoons, I had no upward mobility no matter how hard I worked and my colleagues didn't pull their weight. Here, everyone has upward mobility, there is so much fun work to do that the day goes by very quickly and there is very little red tape that gets in between having a new idea and bringing that new idea to life. I am really enjoying myself and I'm having a lot of fun with my team. They are good people. Every day is different and I'm constantly learning about new industries.

Also, the free lunches are making a difference in my health. I've got a simple palate and I used to eat most of my meals from the microwave. alliantgroup's meals are much more balanced than what I've been feeding myself for the past few years! I don't think I've ever eaten so many vegetables in my life.

I have not seen any of the silly stuff some of these reviews talk about.

Cons

This is a very young workforce and a small handful of people lack basic social skills.

Advice to Management

I think you guys know that to take the company to the next level, you're going to have to hire some more senior people than you've been hiring for the past 15 years. Continue to bring in experienced hires -- people who have proven themselves at other places -- who can bring their skill sets and knowledge to alliantgroup and help drive the company to the next level.

"difficult but well worth it"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

grew more here in 2 years than in 5 years at my previous job; free breakfast, lunch and dinner; free gym; free yoga, circuit training, pilates lasses; free health assessments; outsized bonuses; can make more $ here than anywhere else; chance to meet former and current governors, senators and congressmen and know them on a first name basis; help us businesses grow; given a lot of responsibility from the start

Cons

you will work 50 hours a week; will challenge your brain more than you thought possible

Advice to Management

need more experienced managers

"Associate Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently joined alliantgroup just under a year ago and I am so happy I did. I read all the pros and cons and did my own research and I am so glad I did! Everything I want from an employer and in a new job I have found here. I am able to watch my co-workers celebrate their success and they celebrate mine. We are changing the world with what we are doing for our clients in keeping jobs here in the U.S. and the fact that we are able to help CEO's uncover the cash refunds they are eligible for is all the more rewarding. If you have been successful in your career and you want to work for the company that will reward you for your hard work when you want to work here with us.

Cons

The company is growing at such a rapid pace we need more top performers. If you do not want to have your work reviewed or be part of an elite group then don't come here. Some people come here and think they are going to change us and then they don't work out so that sometimes puts pressure on the others so know what you want in your career and be honest with the person you are meeting with in what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!! I love it!!!!!!

"Best company in the world"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can absolutely tell you that there is no company in the world that invests in their people AND recognizes performance and merit like alliantgroup. I have got more from alliantgroup than I can ever give back. If you are focused on building your career and helping grow jobs in America, if given the opportunity, get started at alliantgroup immediately! You will love the culture, the fun, the learning and the joy in knowing how much value you are adding. I wish I had come here a lot sooner!!!

Cons

None noted - we invest in our people more than any other company and if you are not career focused then alliantgroup is not for you. As stated above, alliantgroup has given me a lot more than I have given it.

Advice to Management

Great job Dhaval and management. Please keep investing and congrats again for being one of the best companies in the USA to work for!

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is filled with floors of ambitious, driven individuals that push you to be better every single day. The leaders here care and they want you to achieve all of your dreams. I started working at alliantgroup because a few of my friends worked here and had tons of opportunities.

If you want to be part of a movement, want to change your life, achieve your dreams...if you want opportunities, to meet some of the most talented individuals, then this is the place for you. A note to the entitled: Success doesn't come to those that work 9-5. It's not a handout...you have to earn it.

I love the culture and environment. I'm surrounded by people like me that want to work hard and be challenged.

Other pros: free lunches, free parking, free health insurance, 401k match, competitive salaries, no hierarchy / access to leaders, gym and free classes, wellness director, travel, beautiful office

Cons

Galleria area is a traffic nightmare

Advice to Management

All I have for the management team is gratitude.

"All Promises Fulfilled"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

during the interview process i was promised career opportunities, the chance to visit clients, on the job and classroom training, and "investment" from my mentors and other directors. All of this and more has been fulfilled in my time with alliantgroup.

Some of the cons are not really cons... people complain about "too much work" and "demanding schedule," but really, what successful business out there does not have a high volume of work and demanding schedules for its most valuable employees? For me it's all about having the opportunity to be part of something that makes a real impact. We get to help american businesses claim valuable tax incentives and create more jobs. This is not just political rhetoric. It's real. I've seen it, and heard it directly from clients. This place is the real deal.

Cons

growing company, so there ERP system is somewhat dated and there is a lot of stuff done manually that could be automated that would really increase employee productivity.

Advice to Management

Invest in new ERP system
    Keep hiring... we need more good people

"great transition to a new industry"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started here in an entry level Professional Engineering position after transitioning from a different industry. I was a bit nervous at first because it was so new for me. But, there was a lot of opportunity for growth because my group was new so I took advantage of it. My earning potential and bonus plan is great and above what my friends in my engineering program in college have available to them. Sometimes the work can be repetitive, but oftentimes I do get to work on buildings that are very innovative and featured in industry journals and publications so that is pretty interesting and makes it well worth it. Makes for good conversation with other engineers while on the road. The benefits work out really great for me. Health insurance is covered 100% and they recently started matching 401k contributions so I started participating in the plan this year. Management has an open door policy which is good and my manager isn't opposed to getting in the trenches and getting his hands dirty when the work gets tough, and I appreciate that a lot. I can actually say this about all of management really. All the way up to the top, which is really awesome. You don't find that at a lot of places nowadays.

Cons

Managing my workload with the tools that I have available can be difficult sometimes. For a mature company we should have better project tracking and assignment systems. One day I could have two projects on my plate and the next day I could have 20. It is very hard to plan with swings in workload like this. There has to be a better way. I know the company is making significant investments in this area, so I am hopeful for what is to come. Fingers crossed.

Advice to Management

Overall I like the direction management has taken the company since I have been here. We have grown significantly and so has the opportunities for myself as well as my compensation and benefits. As I mentioned previously, invest in better tools to manage the workload. I think that is the biggest challenge facing employees right now. I see this is starting to happen, but more public updates on this would be helpful to those of us who are out of the office often.

"Outstanding Organization - I Love What I Do"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization and the work that we perform makes me love what I do. This company pushes you to be the best that you can be. Everyday provides new challenges and opportunities. I truly appreciate the amount of time upper management and my peers invest in my and everyone's development. The office is always full of positive energy and it is contagious! There is tremendous opportunity to grow. High performance is rewarded. I only wish I had found alliantgroup 10 years ago.

Cons

This is not a con but a word of advice.
    You will not be happy here if:
    1. You aren't driven and dont have any grit.
    2. You dont believe in putting clients first while delivering an outstanding client experience.

Advice to Management

I love that there is no secret to how to be successful at alliantgroup. Your investment, feedback, and coaching allow everyone the opportunity to be successful. Also, I love how everyone is treated and provided the same keys to success. Managers are held accountable and there is an open door policy. High performance is rewarded and that's how it should be.