alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 32 reviews)

• Health and dental benefits, casual dress code, free lunch daily (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no problem with the work hours, but I can see how people with children might have a hard time having a work life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Consistent long hours year round (in 47 reviews)

"Pleasantly Surprised...I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the reviews before I started working here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

You can move up very fast in the organization if you are willing to do the work. I have a A/E background and it took 5 years or someone retiring to be promoted. They also pay 100% of the employees health insurance..which is totally unheard of.

Cons

Long hours. Standard hours are 8:30am-7:00pm. During tax season they are much longer.

Advice to Management

There have been a lot of good changes taken place in the last few months..would like to see more formal trainings.

2. "alliantgroup is a great place to work if you enjoy challenging, hard work and having fun!"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

Pros

alliantgroup is helping U.S. businesses remain competitive by providing opportunities for companies to get cash back from the IRS. alliantgroup is creating jobs and facilitating innovation. I work with professionals at alliantgroup who are motivated to succeed and help companies succeed.

Cons

Lots of hard work if you're on the alliantgroup team!

3. "Satisfied Employee!!!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

In the past year I have seen a lot of positive movement in the organization. Mid year reviews are taking place, we are having more meetings/trainings, and incoming associates have a better understanding of what to expect in the position.

alliantgroup has some of the best and brightest people that I have ever worked with, and we are all a family!

Cons

We definitly need to get better coffee/ a better machine.... it's a MUST!

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening to our needs and lets continue to keep the communication flow open!

5. "great atmosphere at alliantgroup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

two coke machines with free sodas
    catered food - dinner is catered daily,
    paid lunch at the cafeteria
    100% paid for health insurance
    25k life insurance for free
    free covered parking
    secure building and parking

Cons

fast paced environment and long hours at alliantgroup (not necessarily a con because it improves you as a professional
    cold offices - either the thermostat is controlled by management or the building but be prepared because it gets a little chilly

"First company I actually liked"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for about 8 months, and I love it so far. It is a very high performance culture, and people work hard. You work with the elite, but everyone is really fun and nice. The atmosphere is different from normal companies...employees dress casually, footballs are occasionally thrown, people playing ping pong, and celebrations for every holiday imagineable. I like how friendly and close everyone is...they generally hire happy people, so I'm happy most of the time. The company is also growing super quickly, so career advancement opportunities are also very encouraged, which is a great plus.

Cons

The hours are a little longer, but they indicate that to you during the interview. It is hard work, but what isn't? They don't want slackers, so if you don't want to work hard, it's pretty easy to be weeded out.

Advice to Management

Serve treats less, I'm gaining too much weight!

7. "The best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of room for advancement
    you're rewarded when you work hard and meet expectation
    great company mission, and culture
    will always listen to your ideas, and trying to find ways to be "better, faster, stronger"

Cons

starting to hire more quality people, so there is turnover
    the company is so unlike any other, so it's difficult to hire the right people
    too much food, i'm gaining weight!

Advice to Management

Keep on allowing your employees to advance, and creating raving fans!

"This is a haven for HIGH PERFORMERS!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place where folks who want a career vs. a job thrive!! Employees can take their career's into their own hands and control their own destinies. Meritocracy rules! Also, management maintains transparency in all of its decisions so that employees understand changes in operations and strategy.

Cons

Employees who don't like a fast paced environment will struggle.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend more and more time with people who are hungry for it.

"Best Professional Decision I've Made!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of my favorite Pros deals with the fact that the Company does its best to operate as a true meritocracy. I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company. This is recognized in various ways: the ability to train others, manage people, get half days every so often and compensation (let's just say I have never had to request a raise !!!).

The travel opportunities are great. You get the chance to visit companies all throughout the US including those located in major cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, etc.

The professional development is also an absolute plus. The work is challenging but the Company has made great strides to develop a robust training program. There is also a Talent and Integration Team there to assist, which has even developed a mentoring program. (I have had the opportunity to train and manage individuals at a pretty early stage in my career.)

The perks are pretty much endless between the bonus opportunities (either monthly, quarterly or intermittent contests), covered health insurance (!!!), travel, the cafeteria lunch stipends...

Cons

alliantgroup has a fast-paced environment. You will be challenged in a professional manner so if you are looking for a more laid-back atmosphere this may not be the right fit for you.

The are pressing statutory deadlines that must be met to serve clients which does result in extended hours during tax season (emphasis added).

Advice to Management

Emphasize the culture, mission and what it means to work at the Company from Day 1.

"One of kind place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is like nothing I have ever seen before! I have been with the company for over a year and worked for both super large companies and smaller ones...alliantgroup stands in its own category! A true meritocracy and a lot of "a" type personalities who are super smart. Constantly encouraged and challenged to go further in your career and guided by some of the smartest people I have ever known.

Cons

I hear people complain about the hours, but its consulting and we are always available for our clients. Don't think that's a con. The office is getting cramped from growth, but we are moving offices soon, so it should be fixed.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people who believe in what we do..helping clients!

"A great opportunity to stretch yourself!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to be challenged in many ways - you get to expand your knowledge of various industries, work on people skills/client service, as well as learn a very technical and specific skillset. The combination of these things makes the job challenging and never boring! It is not a job that you can start and already know how to do, but the robust training program has improved 1000 times over the last year due to some smart investment in the talent integration department and it really shows!

Additionally, the company is a true meritocracy - if you work hard and prove your value to the Company, there is no limit to your growth potential. Those that are committed high performers succeed immeasurably, those that are not don't.

Lastly, the people at alliantgroup are what make you come to work every day, hands down. You will never have a job where you are truly friends with the people that you work with and to that end, who would have your back no matter what!

A few of the major perks: Cafeteria voucher, travel opportunities (keep your miles!), extremely generous annual raises at review time, bonuses, movie nights, parties, golf outings, free coke machines/beverages in the office), personalized professional development plans, happy hours, alliantgroup pays 100% of healthcare premiums!! Oh yeah, and a sweet new office building coming in late 2013!

Cons

The hours can be very long at times, especially challenging, but there is currently a big emphasis on helping people with planning and project management, which should yield its fruit soon enough! If you are not person that can function with and respond to deadlines, it can be very challenging.

The flurry of activity and noise level can be a little bit distracting at times and it can be hard to buckle down, but the new office should help alleviate that!

Advice to Management

- The clear vision of the corporate culture and values is admirable and really making a difference keep it up.
    - Work to maintain accessibility (from us to you) as we continue to grow - keep those office doors open!
    - Continue to let the performers and high performers know that they're doing a good job - a compliment is worth its weight in gold!