alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Houston, TX Area

3.5
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 44 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

"Excellent experience"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day to day experience matches what was communicated to me during the interview process. Fantastic community of smart professionals that help each other achieve. I've been amazed with all the type A professionals that everyone is helping each other be successful. Training program is excellent and its easy to speak with management if you need help or don't understand something.

Cons

this is a place that you get out what you put in. I was told in an interview that you come to alliantgroup because you seek achievement and personal growth.

Advice to Management

love that I'm constantly asked for feedback. please keep this going as the company keeps growing.

"We are not a corporation, we are people"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here at alliantgroup for a month and a half and my experience here is absolutely incredible. Management’s actions and words align, and there truly is an “open door policy.” This is such a refreshing change from the oil and gas industry I came from. During Hurricane Harvey, the CEO personally reached out to each and everyone one of us that was displaced by flooding multiple times to ensure we were okay and to let us know he was here to help. alliantgroup provided ALL of their employees with shelter, food, and any type of assistance you could possibly need during/after Hurricane Harvey flooding. They arranged volunteer efforts to demo homes, provide trash pickup, financial assistance, etc. I was shocked that all of this was offered to me because I have not been with the company for very long. We truly are a family here and I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. From management to my COO and CEO and Team Director, thank you for everything!

Cons

I have nothing but appreciation for this company. No cons.

Advice to Management

Keep making people feel like they matter, keep inspiring us, and keep challenging us to be the best we can be.

"Please Don't Fall For This Place!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Look, they are going to try and sell you on the few pros that do come with the job. Fancy new building in Galleria area. "Free" lunch every day. Something that sounds like a lot of money. I will say the one true benefit they provide is a good health plan, at least as a single person. You also meet some great people who become good friends.

Cons

Where to begin? Minimum 50 hour work week. If you want to leave on time (6:30 pm) you basically have to sneak out. During tax season it jumps to at least 60 hours a week. Having a work/life balance is impossible. alliantgroup is either your life or you will never progress. Notice that all the 5 star reviews come at the same time and are usually from management level. People relish the opportunity to throw you under the bus just to try and gain some favor from someone higher up the food chain. All your meetings will be outside client service hours so don't plan on making dinner reservations. PTO is restricted for half the year due to tax season...in other words no time off from February thru April AND August thru October. You will work weekends. You will be expected to attend "optional" events.

Advice to Management

Get a clue...you can't treat people this way.

"Hurricane brought out the best in alliantgroup"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Within hours of news reports that Hurricane Harvey was bearing down on Houston, our CEO and Exec Team had reached out to all alliantgroup employees and reitered the importance of safety first. Then, (which BLEW MY MIND), our CEO offered to pay for Hotel rooms for any of our displaced employees and their families for 30 days. Yeah - you read that right... 30 days. I have heard of so many other firms that talk the talk and say they care about their people. Most don't live up to it. The leadership at alliantgroup is top notch and genuinely cares about ALL of our people. THANK YOU!!!!

Cons

This is not for everyone. We demand excellence, high performance, and transparency. Many people that are just looking for a job and paycheck will learn very quickly that they do not belong here.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the next level of leadership. We need it!

"Former Project Manager - wish I could give 0 stars."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and 401K. Catered lunch everyday that was typically pretty healthy. Awesome coworkers who become friends. You will really like it for the first few months, but after that it's all downhill. Props to you if you can last longer than a year at alliantgroup.

Cons

Everything else. The hours, the managers, the most recent Houston Press articles, getting anxiety on your drive in to work, redundant report writing, overbilling clients, having to sneak out if you actually want to leave at 6:30, getting hundreds of pointless emails every single day, the "culture", that they want the company to be your life, management sleeping with lower level employees, frat house mentality, stress, not having time for your family or friends, watching people who are not fit for management move up because they have sold their soul, THE FAKE REVIEWS..... I could go on for HOURS. Read the Houston Press article before accepting a job here.

Advice to Management

Change everything. EVERYTHING.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

"The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity" this is the vision that alliantgroup has for each and every member of their organization. As you have read, there is no tenure here, you get what you put out. Think about your whole life and what got you to an 'A' or to Varsity or to be a leader, HARD WORK. No successful man/woman in today's world has gotten to where they are by coasting. SO if you are looking for a career and to be challenged then this is the place for you.

Cons

If you want a job to pay the bills, this is not the place for you. If you want a gratifying career then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your vision in creating this company. Quite frankly I get bored with monotony and I love how I am consistently learning and pushing the bar higher.

"Amazing Opportunities + Family Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just as the title reads, alliantgroup is a home for those seeking big career opportunities along with a family culture. During the tough days of the hurricane, tropical storm, and corresponding wreckage across Houston, our CEO, leaders, and firm have stepped up to support co-workers whose lives were impacted by the weather events. I have worked many jobs in my life, and this is something you just do not see. Other firms simply set up can drives, or do publicity stunts, but that is not alliantgroup. Our incredible employees, lead by our CEO, have physically helped alliantgroup families rebuild and repair their homes. During a time of extreme stress, our CEO sent help to alliantgroup employees that were rescued from their homes and dropped at shelters to ensure they were moved to corporate housing and hotels so their spouses and children were safe and comfortable. Additionally, other community initiatives are being implemented to help the greater Houston community on top of the assistance and care for alliantgroup family members.

This is simply something you do not see or experience at other companies. If you are looking for a place to build a career, create incredible relationships, serve cutting-edge companies, and give your family an amazing life - this is the place for you. If you are looking for a paycheck and to punch your time card in and out each day - probably not the firm for you.

Pros:
    Fast growth and career opportunities
    401K match
    Catered lunches and dinners
    CEO investment roundtables
    VTO (Volunteer-Time-Off) days for community outreach
    Meritocracy
    Performance bonuses and events

Cons

As with any rapidly growing organization, there are a few growing pains. We have a lot of young folks that are given opportunities to manage earlier in their careers than most organizations -- with that comes a learning curve.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the mission and growing a bigger, badder, stronger, incredible practice. Don't let the noise of a few fog what we are all working toward.

More CEO events with performers across the firm. Steel sharpens steel.

More family days at the office -- it's awesome to have all the kiddos up at the office and meeting everyone's families.

"alliantgroup and its CEO, Dhaval Jadav, saved my family"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Unfortunately during hurricane Harvey, my house got about 2 feet of water, my cars were all flooded, and the water wouldn't recede for about a week. While we were scrambling to save essentials for my wife and I and our kids, Dhaval reached out to me to let me know that he had already secured a place for all of us to stay. We had nowhere to go and no way to get there and alliantgroup stepped in to take care of us. And not only for me, but for many other families at alliantgroup who were affected and lost everything!

The first question I get asked by everyone I know is "do you have a place to stay?" and when I tell them that I do and where it came from, most everyone is surprised to hear that my employer provided this for us. But that is the kind of place alliantgroup is and that's the heart that our CEO has.

Cons

I am sorry for all of the other families at alliantgroup that were affected and that I could not personally be there to help them.

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for your generosity.

"Bravo alliantgroup!"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After practicing for 30 years as a CPA, I haven't seen a company like alliantgroup that can help you propel your career to the next level. At alliantgroup, everybody is focused on helping US businesses claim incentives they deserve (so far in excess of $ 6 Billion) and our focus is to INVEST in our people. Our CEO, Dhaval Jadav, is focused on personally helping each and every alliantgroup family members be the BEST they can be AND achieve all their CAREER and FINANCIAL goals. Recently, with the issues caused by Hurricane Harvey, Dhaval and the alliantgroup teams worked tirelessly to help all the alliantgroup family members that were affected. Dhaval, personally worked on ensuring that each family member and their family was safe and has a roof over their head. Dhaval and several alliantgroup employees contributed their sweat/time working to repair homes. You simply don't see this anywhere....It makes me so proud to be part of the alliantgroup family! if you want the best for your career and are not afraid of hard work, please come see us!

Cons

None noted - thanks again alliantgroup and Dhaval, for all you have done for me and my family.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing. It is hard, but you are on the right track.

"Great people, but stay FAR, FAR away"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are fabulous. You will have the opportunity to work with intelligent, good-hearted, fun to be around individuals. However, the higher up you go in the organization, the more corrupt it becomes. Free lunches every day (to make sure you don't leave the building for lunch), great benefits and 401K plan. The building is nice, but this is where you will spend 10+ hours of your day, and even some weekends.

Cons

Where do I even begin? They lure you in with a beautiful building, promises of a great career, and a corporate culture that seems pretty great. My advice to you is this: google "alliantgroup Houston Press" before accepting a job here (or even showing up for an interview), and you will discover everything you REALLY need to know about the culture. The pay is good, until you spend the majority of your waking hours at the office and have absolutely no work-life balance. Say goodbye to your family & friends - because alliantgroup wants your coworkers to be your new family & friends. You will be chastised for not attending after hours activities, and management will tell you that you don't fit in with the "culture". However, the culture is TOXIC so it is probably a good thing if you don't fit in. They want you to live and breathe alliantgroup - but what they don't realize is that most people like to have a life outside of work.

Upper management is completely unethical. Every single client is billed to cap, or close to it, even if the work has already been completed. There are quarterly billing incentives that reward employees for how much they can bill, and you are PRAISED for hitting high billable hours (even if the project you are working on is already done...) You will spend most of your time drafting long, redundant reports for clients in order to hit the fee cap. It is either tax season or report-writing season - there's never a real break.

Most of the reviews on this site are fake. They ask "loyal" employees to write these, so take the positive reviews with a grain of salt. You know it's bad when a company has to beg their people to say positive things about the company....

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse. Let your employees have a work/life balance. Do something about the toxic culture. Stop forcing employees to write positive reviews.

My advice to people interviewing here or about to accept a job: stay away & google alliantgroup Houston Press. That's all you need to know.