alliantgroup, LP Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Houston Reviews

Updated October 12, 2017

Houston, TX Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 44 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons

"The best company i've ever worked at"

Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, LP is the best place i have ever worked. You will not find a group of more highly motivated people, or more talented. I have been at alliantgroup for almost two years and could not be more happy with my decision. I have grown both personally, and professionally. Every month I meet with my mentor and discuss my workload, where I stand in my professional development, and set a clear path for what action items i need to take to get to the next step. I have never work somewhere that invests in employees to the degree that alliantgroup does. It truly is our top core value.

If you are lucky enough to be interviewing or considering a position with alliantgroup I highly recommend you take the position. I can honestly say this is the best professional decision i have ever made.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to share. alliantgroup does push you to be the best, and provide the best possible client service. If you're the right type of candidate this will be a challenge you will embrace and enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you!! And please please, keep doing exactly what you are doing. I love where I work and it is a huge thanks to the management team at alliantgroup.

"For the right person, there is no company better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a young, motivated person, there is no other place that offers as many opportunities as there are at alliantgroup. There is a fast paced work environment that challenges each person in a multitude of ways. If a person shows promise, they are given every opportunity to continue in the advancement of there career, and management follows through with the promises that are made, which is a nice change of pace from other industries I have worked in. All in all, if you are willing to work hard and are a passionate, driven person, there is no better place to work.

Cons

The work load is high, but should decrease as more and more people are hired.

"Great company with amazing people"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free Lunch/Dinner
    -Free Snacks
    -Free Workout Classes
    -Free Gym
    -Free Parking
    -Free Heath Insurance
    -Free Movies

These are just a start of all the things alliantgroup gives and does for its employees. The company goes all out for events such as bring your child to work, holiday parties, family days, internal events and so much more.

The CEO goes out of his way to make time for anyone needing to speak with him about concerns or if they just need help figuring things out. He is running a billion dollar company and still manages to do this daily. He also holds town hall meetings to chat with employees about concerns, needs and wants. I can say personally that he has helped me grow tremendously in the past year and truely cares about my happiness inside and out of this company.

We do work really hard at this company because we love and believe in what we do every day! I have seen and talked to clients so happy about what we have been able to do for them. We have so many great people that come to work every day to be a part of a team that is doing so much good for American businesses. If you want to join this great company you will be part of an amazing family that loves to spend time together having a lot of fun.

There several bad reviews on this site and they are are completely untrue. I am can not understand why these people say the lies they do or act as if they are current employees so please take them with that in mind.

Cons

As I stated before we are a family here so it is very hard to work with people that consider this a job. They come in watch the clock, let their team struggles and leave with no concern for anyone else. If you want a JOB, please look elsewhere because you won't be happy here or care about the people or clients as the rest of us do.

Advice to Management

Weed out the bad eggs and let them go faster. A bad person can ruin the people around then and create a toxic atmosphere for us all. Spend your time with employees that want to be here and care about making American businesses stronger

"Grit & Investment!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for about 3 1/2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes, knowledge on so many different industries, but also what it takes to grow your career and capitalize on the abundances of resources we have. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize our core values in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free healthy lunch options every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions.

Cons

Longer hours during tax season, but you are always busy so the time flies by. You end up wishing there was more time in the day!
    You will constantly be pushed so if you don't like people demanding the best from you and from yourself, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"Poor reviews are absolute bunk"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 8 years and have never seen or found a job like this. The compensation, fun, excitement, colleagues, management are simply amazing. 60% of the employees are females (I am a female) and there is no glass door here. The comments you see in some of the press are a total fabrication. The environment here is extremely pro female and the CEO is a great and fair person. He only wants each and every professional to reach his/her potential and be the best version of him/herself. Add in the smartest and most driven professionals you will ever find under one roof, a great wellness program, a degreed and professional nutritionist, well what more can I say.

Cons

There are 2 'black-out' time periods lasting about 6-8 weeks that you can't take vacation unless it's an emergency, wedding, funeral, etc.

Advice to Management

I have had the chance to work with 4 ceos in my career and alliantgroup' CEO is the best by far. He only cares about 2 things - investing in professionals at ag and making sure each and every client becomes a client for life. Please please do not believe any of the press out there and miss out on the best career opportunity you will ever have! The people that complain about alliantgroup are ones that don't want to put the time and effort in to be great. Thank you alliantgroup for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am loyal for life!

"Build a Career with ag!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place to work towards building a meaningful career, not having a clock-in/clock-out job. If you're looking to be challenged each day and be pushed to new levels of success, then this is definitely the place for you. Each day you have the opportunity to learn from amazing leadership and are given opportunities for advancement constantly. Putting our clients first and making sure that we are always putting them in the best position is not only a tenant of the company's foundation, but something that dictates EVERY decision we make internally. It's hard to not absolutely love what you do each day, when each interaction is centered around helping businesses grow and succeed!!

Cons

In order to preserve the high standard we have for our people internally and our level of service for clients & CPAs, we will not lower the bar for people who are compromising that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't be distracted by the negative noise. You've built a fantastic place of opportunity and a family within alliantgroup, and you're definitely doing it right.

"Not what you expect (Assistant/Secretary Role)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros-

-Recruit people straight out of college.
    -Provides lunch for you.
    -Wide range of industries to learn about.
    -401k plan.
    -Good Benefits.
    - Tax consulting experience.

Cons

Cons

-You will spend more time here than at home.
    -Frowned upon to leave before 6:30 pm.
    -Stressful environment when tax season comes around.
    -High turn over rate.
    - Field of study will not be used in this position.
    -Promotion is biased and based on status within the company and not work quality in certain departments.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate certain individuals in Management/Director positions.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

alliantgroup:
    • Invests in its employees.
    • Cares about its clients.
    • Cares about its employee’s wellbeing.
    • Challenges employees to grow.
    • Provides the chance to work with many different industries across the US.
    • Has fitness programs and trainings every week (circuit training, yoga, spin, boot camp etc).
    • Has a gym in the office.
    • Has great lunches catered every day.
    • Has great coffee machines on every floor.
    • Works in a team environment.

I've formed strong friendships with team members and coworkers. I've also found the culture to promote my growth on personal and professional levels.

Bottom line - alliantgroup is a big family, full of energy, and passion about what we do. Our success is due to the culture created by our founders Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank. It's a special work environment to come to every day.

Cons

Galleria traffic near the office.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture! The alliantgroup family is strong.

"Truly a place where you control your destiny"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not only have I never worked at a company like alliantgroup, I have never seen another company operate at such a high level. This is a company that you control your future. The sky is the limit here and my coworkers are like my extended family. We work hard here. We have a mission to help American businesses. This is not a job or a career, it really is a mission. That mission requires people to be passionate and engaged and excited. Why would you want a career that asked anything less?

Cons

I honestly can't think of any for those of us that are really passionate about their futures.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Our passion and our reach grows everyday!

"Client Associate"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AWESOME work environment! Free catered food every day, collaborative and 'young' office setting. Really invested into teaching you what you need to know in order to succeed. Unlimited growth opportunity - I know a few individuals that have been here around a year exploring new areas of the business!

Cons

Sometimes work late because of busy season, but I don't know any career where you are not expected to put in the time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Yall are doing a great job and I am happy to be here!