alliantgroup, LP Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Project Manager

3.3
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch until you realize it's because they expect you to work during lunch or schedule meetings during lunch (in 47 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons

"The best company i've ever worked at"

Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, LP is the best place i have ever worked. You will not find a group of more highly motivated people, or more talented. I have been at alliantgroup for almost two years and could not be more happy with my decision. I have grown both personally, and professionally. Every month I meet with my mentor and discuss my workload, where I stand in my professional development, and set a clear path for what action items i need to take to get to the next step. I have never work somewhere that invests in employees to the degree that alliantgroup does. It truly is our top core value.

If you are lucky enough to be interviewing or considering a position with alliantgroup I highly recommend you take the position. I can honestly say this is the best professional decision i have ever made.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to share. alliantgroup does push you to be the best, and provide the best possible client service. If you're the right type of candidate this will be a challenge you will embrace and enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you!! And please please, keep doing exactly what you are doing. I love where I work and it is a huge thanks to the management team at alliantgroup.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

alliantgroup:
    • Invests in its employees.
    • Cares about its clients.
    • Cares about its employee’s wellbeing.
    • Challenges employees to grow.
    • Provides the chance to work with many different industries across the US.
    • Has fitness programs and trainings every week (circuit training, yoga, spin, boot camp etc).
    • Has a gym in the office.
    • Has great lunches catered every day.
    • Has great coffee machines on every floor.
    • Works in a team environment.

I've formed strong friendships with team members and coworkers. I've also found the culture to promote my growth on personal and professional levels.

Bottom line - alliantgroup is a big family, full of energy, and passion about what we do. Our success is due to the culture created by our founders Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank. It's a special work environment to come to every day.

Cons

Galleria traffic near the office.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture! The alliantgroup family is strong.

"Former Project Manager - wish I could give 0 stars."

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and 401K. Catered lunch everyday that was typically pretty healthy. Awesome coworkers who become friends. You will really like it for the first few months, but after that it's all downhill. Props to you if you can last longer than a year at alliantgroup.

Cons

Everything else. The hours, the managers, the most recent Houston Press articles, getting anxiety on your drive in to work, redundant report writing, overbilling clients, having to sneak out if you actually want to leave at 6:30, getting hundreds of pointless emails every single day, the "culture", that they want the company to be your life, management sleeping with lower level employees, frat house mentality, stress, not having time for your family or friends, watching people who are not fit for management move up because they have sold their soul, THE FAKE REVIEWS..... I could go on for HOURS. Read the Houston Press article before accepting a job here.

Advice to Management

Change everything. EVERYTHING.

"horrible environment and atmosphere"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

provided lunch, free health insurance for singles, great location and office.

Cons

Where to begin...

The hours are OUTRAGEOUS! You're expected to come in at 08:30 AM. Client service hours end at 06:30 PM -- but your day doesn't end there. There are ALWAYS last minute meetings, extra assignments or mandatory activities. In a nutshell, here are the problems I noticed with this company.

1. Very cult, frat-like atmosphere. The values and philosophies are engrained in people's heads, and heaven forbid if someone disagrees with it.

2. Management are insecure bullies all striving to get to the next level. It's not unusual for any of them to call a subordinate out in front of everyone or speak to a fellow employee with a abnormally high level of condescension. It's all an attempt to strike fear into people in hopes of developing them for the next level -- VERY demoralizing way of developing someone professionally.

2. Lack of consistency - one day everyone is on their high horse about something then they just forget about it the next day. My question is, how does a young professional expect to take a company seriously if the management displays inconsistency.

3. They claim to be "client-first", but that's a major lie. It's all about making money,so people can hit their bonuses -- which are difficult to impossible -- to attain.

4 The main reason people claim to assist each other is so they can look good in front of management.

5. Lastly, my biggest gripe -- nobody is held accountable or disciplined for their actions. This is integral for a company to run smoothly, but this place allows people to get away with murder.

This is a for a young college graduate who just needs a pay check or experience for 6-12 months. However, it's hard to believe people spent 50 grand on a degree and end up working here.

It's a place where young people get brainwashed into thinking this is how life and the "real world" is, which is absolutely not true.

Advice to Management

Respect the younger, less experienced employees and learn how to develop people better.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction!

Compensated for posting 5* reviews on this site!

Cons

Frat house mentality
    Cut throat (everyone throws anybody and everybody under the bus to succeed)
    LONG HOURS
    Snitched on when you leave early
    What work/life balance. It's work, work and more work. Oh wait, don't forget to max out all the hours on the project. Seriously, I had one staff charge 120 hours in a week!!!!

"If the US Marine Corps did tax consulting"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are working with the most talented, most accomplished, most focused people in the entire industry. alliantgroup's greatest asset is their people team. Excellent benefits, they pay for your health insurance, understanding management if you have to leave in the middle of the day, gym on-site and a dedicated wellness team. Huge opportunity for promotion. Fast growing company. The employees who persevere with this company, are all very very happy with their jobs and lives.

Cons

Long work hours, vaguely cult-like culture, they operate their great personnel at 99% efficiency which is why they provide such great benefits. Many people quit or are fired within the first twelve months of employment. It was rare to find anyone who had been there more than two years.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at how to reduce your new-employee turn over. This will be the best way to promote-from-within and get the management team that you need to continue the fantastic growth you have built this far.

"Project Manager"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty unique work environment compared to most companies I have worked for. Good training program for the most part.

Cons

Constantly changing processes that make it very difficult to become efficient at anything you do. Constant pressure to always stay extremely late and attend extra curricular events outside of work and if you dont attend it is highly frowned upon and you become an outsider. This even applies to folks with families and spouses, being that if you have obligations at home they expect those to take a backseat to the things that they have invited you to. Management is very transparent and anything you say is never kept confidential no matter what they tell you. This is a very competitive working environment where metrics are blasted out to the entire firm.

Advice to Management

Some things are better kept between you and the employee especially when it comes to personal topics. Don't be blind to feedback that employees provide as this information is provided to better the firm and working environment.

"The Sky is the Limit!"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

I thought people were kidding about the sky being the limit, but the management here spends a TON of time helping employees grow and build their career. There are endless promotion opportunities and the company is growing and growing!

Cons

This is not the place for those looking for a 9 to 5 job, but if you are seeking a place that you can build a career and work alongside people who will invest 110% into you - this is it!!

"DO NOT BELIEVE GOOD REVIEWS!!! This is management trying to help ratings!!!!"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are some great individuals who work for this firm, it's sad to see them suffer as well.

Cons

Not sure there is enough room - first off the "great reviews" are that of the management firm. They are REQUIRED to post raving reviews on this site. They mistreat their employees, treat them like disposable individuals, they have no consideration for their employees. Don't be sucked in by the great pay and opportunity for growth. Chances are you wont last long enough to experience that growth regardless. If you have a family, a spouse, or treasure your time with friends, this is not the job for you. 60-80 hours a week is the norm and travel is a must. THIS WILL BE YOUR LIFE!!!!! The CEO and management are cruel and demeaning, public humiliation is an everyday humiliation. The firm calls this transparency, however they will never accept that they too need improvement.

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR. I wasn't let go, or fired, this is not because I am mad. I left on m own terms for my own sanity.

Advice to Management

Please understand that you have many talented individuals working for you, these people are not meant to be used and tossed out when you have drained them of everything they have.

"Expect a lot of employee-churn; note: that means you'll be churned, too"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relatively easy to get hired with no background or experience; initial learning curve is steep but company has no expectations of you. Pay is not bad starting out.

Cons

Then the humiliations begin. Your performance will be tied to billable hours; that's right, no matter how much you work, if it ain't billable you won't get any raises or bonuses. Guess who decides what billable work you get? The people who do all the billable work. It's a rigged game. And the managers are making way to much money on the partnership model to give a crap how much churn there is at the bottom.

Advice to Management

Like they'd listen.