alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 46 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

1. "Amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working with great people. This rings true in the amazing diversity of the organization and the relationships I've built with my co-workers. Everyday is a different challenge and I am truly excited to come into work everyday. I know that I am going to have a lot of fun, help U.S. businesses, and grow professionally and personally. The energy this company has is second to none! I just wish I had found this organization years and years ago! I love being a part of the growth and future of the company! Everyone is afforded the same opportunity!

Cons

People who are looking for a clock in clock out job will not be happy. It is a high performance culture, and that is a good thing for those who like to be challenged and make an impact!

Advice to Management

The culture is second to none! Also, thank you for the community outreach programs, wellness initiatives, and support you've provided during times like Hurricane Harvey

2. "Make a difference, every day!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

at alliantgroup, you are in charge of your own career. The atmosphere is perfect for professionals who want to grow their career by working hard in a fun atmosphere. Plus, every day, you get to work with small to mid-size American businesses to help keep jobs in America!

Cons

The con is that we aren't helping MORE businesses - let's keep growing!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

3. "A rare find - be rewarded for your contributions, not your tenure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Guided by three core values - investment, high performance and the Raving Fan Mission, this company rewards performance and not time with the company. The company is in growth mode making for plenty of opportunity for people looking to grow a career. A large firm with an small-firm mentality, ideas are rewarded and opportunities are endless.

Cons

There is a lot of work. Time management skills will be tested since there is always plenty to do. People that cannot say no and those that have poor time management skills will find it hard to thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring to keep up with the growth!

4. "Dynamic Team Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working alongside passionate and intelligent professionals in a high energy, merit-based environment. It is so fulfilling to see the direct and positive results in helping American businesses grow. Additionally, I love learning the technical intricacies and continuing to grow intellectually everyday while investing in the firm and clients. The sky is the limit and it is truly a meritocracy with an open door policy - every single person wants to invest in you and help you grow your career!

Cons

The ability to complete all of the items I want to achieve in a day!

Advice to Management

Please keep driving the company to new heights and bringing in more clients for us to serve!

"Hurricane Harvey relief efforts are our priority"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not only does #alliantgroup help American Businesses find government sponsored incentives, we come together to help demo/rebuild homes that were damaged in #HurricaneHarvey. I'm so proud of my family and the work they did this weekend helping our own!!!
    Big hearted Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank coordinated all efforts and worked amongst a group of volunteers on several of our employees homes affected by Hurricane Harvey. I know this is just the beginning to help the Houston community rebuild and I can't wait to be apart of what is to come. I'm so fortunate to be a part of this #blueateam. #HoustonStrong #10yearsofgoodness

Cons

There's so much to do for our #Houston community and I'm disappointed that I'm not there. Can't wait to be able to assist this weekend.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example.

6. "Energy Modeler"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, hot girls, fun atmosphere

Cons

Poor management, Long hours, Hard to get promoted

"Work Here Only if Necessary"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, medical, dental. Good FIRST job. All busy work, nothing is hard. Good for people with secretary, administrative, or customer service backgrounds. Can drink at work sometimes

Cons

There is not a great work-life balance. You will be expected to work 12 or more hours sometimes as well as work from home on weekends. Don't work here if you have any type of technical engineering or life science degree. This is not somewhere you will use your degree. The most you will use it is writing a couple paragraphs that "could" be science related, but 99% of your work will not be related to your degree at all, and that goes for all degrees. You really don't even need a degree to do this job. If you are expecting to be intellectually stimulated, this is not the job for you. There is a lot of copy and pasting and filling out templates. In this role you are mostly an assistant. Succeeding here is largely based on being a favorite. It feels a lot like being in college or in a frat or sorority. Leadership is not great here, you will basically be expected to take your training into your own hands with little to no guidance. You will not gain experience or skills that you can apply at other companies, unless it is being a secretary or in an administrative role.

Advice to Management

Work on being more transparent with employees. Give feedback that can be turned into tangible goals.

"Helpful People Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for a few different companies, and I have liked most of them, but this one is different. alliantgroup has heart.

Thinking about all that our city has been through in the last week, and I keep coming back to two emails from our CEO. The first said if you need help, or food, or clothes, or a place to stay, we have them all set up just ask. The second advised of some of our professionals who took water in their homes. He didn't just ask people to help. He was there. Personally. Working his butt off to help. That is the kind of place this is.

The pro of alliantgroup? It's easy. The people. I have said this job is not for everyone, but if you are the kind of person who pushes for greatness, and expects it from your employer, you will get it here.

If this appeals to you, come be a part of helpful people making a difference.

Cons

I am tired of uncommitted people, who didn't invest in themselves or others firing shots at the company I represent.

Advice to Management

Don't rest now. We have so much more to do.

"Tough Times Show True Colors - alliantgroup Blue Shines Brightly!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

When facing adversity - you really find out what makes people tick. Houston (alliant's home base) was recently hit by Hurricane Harvey. There were many AG employees who were displaced - houses flooded - lives torn apart. There is a lot of rhetoric on this web site about whether or not AG is a good place to work. I've learned that in life - you don't judge people by their words - you judge them by their actions. So - facing this epic crisis - what did alliantgroup do? At the direction of its CEO, Dhaval Jadav, AG paid for a block of hotel rooms for displaced employees; they wrote checks to folks (no strings attached) to help with recovery efforts; they organized teams of people to help gut flooded homes; they paid for all of the materials to help those in need; brought food to those in need; organized folks to help at the Houston Food Bank and other charitable sites; and much much more. When it counted - alliantgroup has stepped up to take care of its people and the community. People can say what they want. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. When it counted - alliantgroup stepped up and is taking care of its people.

There are a lot of reviews talking about lunches being provided, an on sight gym and all of the other perks that go along with being at alliantgroup. All of these and the incredibly generous actions that AG has taken to care for its employees come down to one inescapable truth: alliantgroup cares about its employees and treats them like family.

Cons

If you want a job and not a career. don't work here.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the sacrifices you've made to take care of folks in these difficult times. It is appreciated! alliantgroup has done a lot of great things through its corporate citizenship program in the past - like habitat for humanity, volunteering with school children, Ronald McDonald House, etc. Lets continue to help the Houston community as it heals.

"Bravo alliantgroup!"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After practicing for 30 years as a CPA, I haven't seen a company like alliantgroup that can help you propel your career to the next level. At alliantgroup, everybody is focused on helping US businesses claim incentives they deserve (so far in excess of $ 6 Billion) and our focus is to INVEST in our people. Our CEO, Dhaval Jadav, is focused on personally helping each and every alliantgroup family members be the BEST they can be AND achieve all their CAREER and FINANCIAL goals. Recently, with the issues caused by Hurricane Harvey, Dhaval and the alliantgroup teams worked tirelessly to help all the alliantgroup family members that were affected. Dhaval, personally worked on ensuring that each family member and their family was safe and has a roof over their head. Dhaval and several alliantgroup employees contributed their sweat/time working to repair homes. You simply don't see this anywhere....It makes me so proud to be part of the alliantgroup family! if you want the best for your career and are not afraid of hard work, please come see us!

Cons

None noted - thanks again alliantgroup and Dhaval, for all you have done for me and my family.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing. It is hard, but you are on the right track.