alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 26, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 38 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 47 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 24 reviews)

"Don't be fooled by glowing reviews - current employees are forced to write them"

Former Employee - MBA Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - MBA Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lunches were OK (not great).
    The lowest level employees are awesome people.

Cons

I don't like reading walls of text so I will spare you and give you some bullet points instead:

-The most revolting company culture I have ever had the unfortunate luck to be around. The cult of personality around the CEO is off-putting. During the Christmas party, he would not let it start until he heard enough toasts to him on stage by his subordinates. This lasted about 20 minutes before the party started.

-This “great pay” for bad work sentiment is a myth for anyone with a business degree. It is not good pay.

-The work/life balance is poor.

-They hire girls based on looks. This is not an exaggeration. I have been in on some of these hiring discussions.

-The actual work is dull, formulaic, and uninspired.

-The billing practices felt unethical at best and illegal at worst. The lowest employees are given the worst “billable” customers and berated in team meetings for not meeting billable goals. Therefore, they knowingly put pressure on you to either falsify billable hours to meet quota OR keep taking the punishment for not hitting billable goals.

-Mandatory lip syncing and costume parties. This is not an exaggeration or metaphor.

-They provide food for lunch every work day and dinner during tax season. Obviously, they don’t want you to leave. This has been mentioned on countless reviews. However, the food was not great. Sometimes they would have a decent national chain come in, but usually it was underwhelming and I would rather walk to the Galleria.

-It is a terrible place to work. If you have other options, I would strongly suggest you take a harder look at them.

Advice to Management

You should work somewhere else. I would be embarrassed if I were in upper management after the Houston Press article came out. See you in an Organizational Behavior Case study in 10 years.

"Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Lunch AND Free Dinner - Yes, if a company is offering you free dinner, it means that they expect you to work long into the evening.

Cons

No work/life balance. Extremely high turnover. Too much travel. Bad publicity.

"Toxic Cult-Like place"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros
    Free Lunch
    Pay is decent at first
    fun co-workers
    Full medical and dental and vision
    At first this place seems like google. fun young people, company happy hour, free lunches and half the yr free dinner etc The most of the new employees are good fun loving people. They have good perks like onsite gym and wellness classes. The bldg is nice and in a great location with free parking.

Cons

No work life balance
    unethical practices
    brown-nose type culture at its worse

After the honeymoon of three months of so you get a better idea of the place. They bring lunch and dinner in so that they can bill the client more and keep you in the bldg. they do not want you to go home and even want you to work weekends. They claim that if you go home before 6:30 that you are only working for a check even if you have finished your workload. They want you to live for them and have no outside life.

They create a toxic work environment that is extremely unprofessional. There is a reason that most people that work their that are not management are younger than 28 and are unmarried with no kids. They try to trick and trap you with decent pay and bonuses. Most intelligent people see past this trick and leave. Intelligent people also soon realized that management does not care for them and belittle you as quick as the season change. if 90% of your promotion or raise depends on your brown nosing skill than there is a bigger issue.

Most of the positive reviews you will read are probably fake, written by the paid employees to balanced out the negative.

Advice to Management

When your turnover is as high as McDonald's than you have a issue. Truly try to invest in your employees lives and not how they make you feel. Let them have a outside life.

"If I could give 0 stars I would"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch
    Free benefits

Cons

Late hours
    Lack of work life balance

Advice to Management

If I could give this company 0 stars I would. I wish I would have read the reviews on glassdoor before I even considered this company as a place for employment. Everyone who works here succeeds if you brown nose or throw your colleagues under the bus. You don't have time for friends or outside influences because they cater lunches to keep you from leaving. This is obviously a tactic to keep you from taking an hour lunch. Most people work through lunch amd eat at their desk. Once a week you have "team meetings" where you discuss ways to improve the company. In the meetings that you stay at until 10 PM everyone throws each other under the bus to brown nose up to the CEO. During the work week, everyone stares at you if you leave at 6PM or if you have an outside life. The turnover is extremely high because they fire employees who dont fit their mold. If you want an outside life or have a family STAY AWAY. So happy to have a job that isn't toxic and draining!

"Build you up only to tear you down"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Daily catered lunches
    Pay is OK (not worth having to work 12+ hours a day)
    Casual dress code
    Health insurance is 100% paid for by the company
    On site gym

Cons

You will be worked like a slave. The hours are ridiculous. If you actually leave the building for lunch you will be questioned. It's very much a frat and cult like culture. They make you feel really special for being "selected" and make you feel incredibly stupid if you're not "in". They will tell you the negative reviews are fake and that's absolutely false. HR department is extremely unethical and I have never worked in a more toxic environment. DO NOT work here.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter what I write here... they won't change.

"Read the latest news reports on this company!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fact that I don't work there anymore. The fact that someone finally published what really goes on at this company.

Cons

Be sure to read the latest news report regarding the actions of the CEO. Buyer beware. It's all true. It's the same behavior and "culture" that gets trickled down.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what the article says.

"Project associate"

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits. Lunch is catered every single day and there is an on site gym that is available to all employees.

Cons

Long hours, mostly stuck at a computer. Do not stand behind their core values and put people in management positions that do not belong in that role.

Advice to Management

Have a better system for learning and development, listen to candidates with respect to who gets promoted.

"Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program

Cons

Don't work here if you have a family or want a good work/life balance. It's common to work from 7 am-11 pm.

Advice to Management

Review the hours you make employees work.

"horrible environment and atmosphere"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

provided lunch, free health insurance for singles, great location and office.

Cons

Where to begin...

The hours are OUTRAGEOUS! You're expected to come in at 08:30 AM. Client service hours end at 06:30 PM -- but your day doesn't end there. There are ALWAYS last minute meetings, extra assignments or mandatory activities. In a nutshell, here are the problems I noticed with this company.

1. Very cult, frat-like atmosphere. The values and philosophies are engrained in people's heads, and heaven forbid if someone disagrees with it.

2. Management are insecure bullies all striving to get to the next level. It's not unusual for any of them to call a subordinate out in front of everyone or speak to a fellow employee with a abnormally high level of condescension. It's all an attempt to strike fear into people in hopes of developing them for the next level -- VERY demoralizing way of developing someone professionally.

2. Lack of consistency - one day everyone is on their high horse about something then they just forget about it the next day. My question is, how does a young professional expect to take a company seriously if the management displays inconsistency.

3. They claim to be "client-first", but that's a major lie. It's all about making money,so people can hit their bonuses -- which are difficult to impossible -- to attain.

4 The main reason people claim to assist each other is so they can look good in front of management.

5. Lastly, my biggest gripe -- nobody is held accountable or disciplined for their actions. This is integral for a company to run smoothly, but this place allows people to get away with murder.

This is a for a young college graduate who just needs a pay check or experience for 6-12 months. However, it's hard to believe people spent 50 grand on a degree and end up working here.

It's a place where young people get brainwashed into thinking this is how life and the "real world" is, which is absolutely not true.

Advice to Management

Respect the younger, less experienced employees and learn how to develop people better.

"Play the Game, or Don't Pass Go"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- free food, free soda
    - big parties
    - lots of contests
    - decent pay
    - good location

- If you are hyper competitive, you can promote quickly and lead your own team
    - If you buddy up with leadership and become a yes man, you will win lots in bonuses and awards

Cons

Let me say: I hated working here. I will try to be objective, but just let that be known up front. I was unwilling to back stab and throw other people under buses. I wasn't willing to kowtow to the powers that be and speak only in buzzwords. I did my job, but tried to keep the best interests of the clients in mind instead of my own, which apparently was not the correct protocol.

This company gave me anxiety issues that I now need medication for. I couldn't get through the day without throwing up or crying. I couldn't understand why the reviews were so shining. Then I realized they were written under coercion.

Walking the halls every day wondering who was getting fired was too much stress. Knowing your teams would be rearranged every few months because they couldn't hold on to enough experienced employees to make their current teams work was bizarre.

Advice to Management

Change. Everything.