alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 31, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food (to make you stay and work more) (in 30 reviews)

• Health and dental benefits, casual dress code, free lunch daily (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no problem with the work hours, but I can see how people with children might have a hard time having a work life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Like any accounting-based firm, the work year is broken into tax season cycles (in 46 reviews)

"179D - Energy Modeler - New, different experience..."

Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros -
    Work Hard, Play Hard culture - We have multiple financial incentives which is unheard of from any of my former employers. Half days, leave early, and many company team outings, we have a gym and a wellness program that is available to everyone, not to mention catered lunches every day. We are a tight knit community and basically a family. We go play volleyball, have dinner, watch movies, etc. Another core identity in our company is our people. We work hard and have fun doing it !

Opportunities like no other- the AEC (architectural, engineering, construction) industry has been suffering for the last couple of years. Now with this role there is an opportunity for professionals with this background to succeed and help the industry succeed as well.
    On top of that, in ag you are not doing repetitive, monotonous tasks, and looking over countless redlined drawings like in traditional AEC jobs. In ag every day i am challenged, pushed, and am given countless opportunities to become a better professional. If you are like me and are a go-getter, you have that ‘it’ factor, then please come to ag and help us grow !!

Career growth like no other - Here in ag, with a technical background, I along with everyone have the same opportunity to become a director and lead a team. In traditional AEC firms one would have to wait for someone to retire, be there minimum 5 years, and pass several exams. We are not a time and tenured firm, in ag it's up to you. Don't let someone else’s bad experience hinder or give you a preconceived notion. Bad reviews are a result of certain individuals who don't have enough grit and perseverance to listen to feedback and apply it for themselves to thrive in the company.

Experience it for yourself - 179D has grown from 12 people in 2012 to now 150+. That gives you a snippet of our expansion. We are the in the epicenter of our industry and we are not stopping our growth, don't miss out on this opportunity and experience it for yourself.

Cons

Cons -
    Rapid growth -We are growing exponentially and to new heights, so certain things need to change for the demand of our clients and additional clients. These are good problems, when growing at a 100 mph there will be mistakes in every level of a company. There are deficiencies from our process, training, to even management, but the good thing about this company is if you bring it up and it has merit, you can actually be part of the solution.

Long hours - There are long hours when needed, one of our core identities is giving premiere client service. This is the root cause of our success. We have to be up and running for our clients on the east, central, and west coast time zone, so our hours are from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm. However If you are done or ahead with your work we encourage everyone to head out and enjoy their time off. If you're looking for a 9-5 job, don’t take this, it's a career. We need people who are looking for a place to invest their passion and in return the company will invest in them. It’s a two way street.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback from every employee and apply it when it has merit. Have more cross-department meetings and interactions within the company. As we keep growing make sure we are promoting the right leaders that will have the best successful impact for our company and clients.

"Challinging but full of opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of things to like about this place but the thing I enjoy the most is the endless opportunity that is available here. The work is incredibly difficult and challenging but there is so much opportunity for a young professional like myself to learn, grow, manage, lead, try new things, move to different departments, etc.

I've worked at several places prior to joining alliantgroup and they didn't afford people these types of opportunities. There is nothing worse than being bored and being caged into a specific role/responsibility in your career.

Cons

The work itself can be very difficult and challenging. Also in consulting, you have to be available when your clients need you which means you have to be flexible with your time.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your top performers and rising stars.

"PA"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

great people and always lots of food! Really loved who the ladies I worked with, made great friendships.

Cons

long hours with little pay

"If the US Marine Corps did tax consulting"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are working with the most talented, most accomplished, most focused people in the entire industry. alliantgroup's greatest asset is their people team. Excellent benefits, they pay for your health insurance, understanding management if you have to leave in the middle of the day, gym on-site and a dedicated wellness team. Huge opportunity for promotion. Fast growing company. The employees who persevere with this company, are all very very happy with their jobs and lives.

Cons

Long work hours, vaguely cult-like culture, they operate their great personnel at 99% efficiency which is why they provide such great benefits. Many people quit or are fired within the first twelve months of employment. It was rare to find anyone who had been there more than two years.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at how to reduce your new-employee turn over. This will be the best way to promote-from-within and get the management team that you need to continue the fantastic growth you have built this far.

"Endless Opportunities for Hard Workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open door principle, collaborative work environment, growth opportunities, great people who genuinely want to train you and invest in your development.

Cons

Long work hours, which is ok since it's recognized and rewarded.

Advice to Management

None

"A Good Opportunity"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup has been a wonderful experience and a good opportunity. Like many of the reviews have said, it really catapulted my career and allowed me to grow as a professional at an accelerated rate. I have grown so much - personally and professionally - during my time here and I am truly grateful for all that alliantgroup has given me.

For me the biggest pro are the people. alliantgroup hires some of the most diverse, interesting, and intelligent young professionals this nation has to offer. I am challenged daily.

The culture is designed to reward high performance. I truly like the culture. I enjoy working with other high performers, who push me daily. If I want to be the best, I need to surround myself by the best. Since everyone is in competition to be the highest performer, it can be high stress at times. That doesn't bother me.

Lastly, alliantgroup can be a lot of fun. We have work out classes and an amazing gym. We have friendly office competitions such as the Christmas pod decorating competition. We have parties and lip sync battles. Dress up days. They are funny and fun work perks.

Cons

Long hours - year around.
    Black out seasons - 5 months a year.
    No 401 K match
    15 Days of PTO a year include sick days, Max out at 20 days PTO a year after 10 years at the firm

Advice to Management

I wish the mantra of work hard, play hard was more practiced. Snow cones at 4 pm is great. I would prefer to be able to leave at 2-3 on a Friday after working 50+ hours.

"Mindset is everything."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As you may have gathered from skimming over the reviews on this page, alliantgroup is a polarizing company. After investing several years in the firm, looking back, I feel the love-hate relationship many employees develop with alliantgroup is deeply rooted in our high performance culture. The bottom line is high performance people push themselves, hard. High performance people get comfortable being uncomfortable because they understand that is what it takes to take themselves and their career to the next level. For me, it all ties back into mindset. There is a lot of truth to both the positive and negative reviews you have read on this page. For those that either do not understand or do not embrace a high performance culture, alliantgroup likely will not be a good fit. For those that understand and embrace a high performance culture, alliantgroup will be a truly amazing journey.

Through my time with the firm, I have realized personal and professional growth at a rate that was not possible at previous jobs. In a few short years, I have helped hundreds of American businesses qualify for powerful tax incentives, gained exposure to the designs of thousands of commercial buildings throughout the United States, expanded my knowledge of the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industry, strengthened interpersonal skills through constant communication in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, cultivated leadership skills, all the while doubling my earning potential, and having a hell of a lot of fun along the way. Because if you are not having fun at alliantgroup, you just are not doing it right. Our recruiting teams truly bust their butts to fill our firm with some of the most intelligent, energetic, and interesting people you will ever have the privilege of working with. I am so thankful for the wonderful opportunities I have found at alliantgroup, and the best part is, I know I have only scratched the surface of my potential.

If you happen to be or are close to an entrepreneur, then you know how challenging getting a business of the ground can be. Like any other business, alliantgroup has had setbacks and growing pains. That being said, the firm continues to grow year over year at an incredible pace. Again, after investing several years in the firm, I can honestly say management has taken constructive criticism to heart. Like many of the high performers that make up this great organization, management has lead by example and used feedback to elevate their game. Transitioning to a beautiful new facility in the Galleria, strategic shifts towards sustainable long-term growth, performance incentivized half-days, building out a beautiful lounge for dining and recreation, investing in a Wellness program, adding an on-site studio gym, and weekly personalized fitness classes are all shining examples of management listening and adapting to the needs of their employees.

Cons

Consistent long hours year round.

Advice to Management

In true alliantgroup fashion, four stars out of five. There is always room for improvement. An overwhelming number of former and current employees are asking for more time outside of work. Is it possible to move in this direction without sacrificing our mission?

"Polarizing, it goes both ways."

Pros

Well compensated & free lunch. If you want to clock in and clock out, be a drone, then you should work somewhere else. There are pros and cons about every job and workplace. I really enjoy my work and the people at alliantgroup. I feel that finally this is an organization that rewards hardwork and busting your butt. They will not give out medals and ribbons to everyone. Would I recommend to my friends? Not all of them! You have to fit the culture. Even though the work hours are long, I do appreciate not getting work emails or calls at night or on the weekends! At my last job, I would have to come in late at night or on weekends and answer emails even at 2 AM. I leave my work at the office and that feeling has been very liberating. Now there are times that things do get crazy, but very seldom. You have to be supermotivated, super at multitasking, and excel at organization. Its not for everyone. I love going to work everyday and look forward to a long career at alliantgroup.

Cons

Long work hours, can be overwhelming if you're not good at multitasking or deadline-oriented.

Advice to Management

Shorter work days! I understand serving the clients on both coasts, but maybe ending the work day at 5:30 or even 6:00 instead of 6:30. Training ahould not be past 6:30 either. Some trainings run until 7:00 pm.

"Opportunity Opportunity Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want a chance to contribute, to grow and become extremely successful in your career, then this is the place for you. I have been here over six years and have been so appreciative of all that I have learned and achieved. We have the brightest and most dedicated people working here. When a client works with alliantgroup I am confident they couldn't be in better hands.

Cons

Sometimes people/employees say they want to have opportunity and achieve success until they realize that a career requires commitment and grit. alliantgroup provides the most amazing opportunity i have ever seen to achieve your goals and dreams, however people that don't want to work for it and give up quickly post these stupid things that are negative about alliantgroup. It is aggravating!

Advice to Management

Keep training and investing in our people. it is great to keep learning and be challenged to get better at what we do. We have such bright, capable, educated people. I am very proud to work here and know that all of us have all the opportunity in the world to advance and grow in our careers - there are no limits or glass ceilings here.

"Miss Home Away From Home"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Great recognition. Great pay and incentives. I miss working here.

Cons

Sometimes, there is an extreme sense of discrimination.