alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 6, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 38 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 47 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 24 reviews)

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Collaborative environment - always bouncing ideas off of your team around you. Young and energetic atmosphere.
    Challenging & rewarding - we get to help business owners put money back in their pockets and grow our US economy. Very exciting!!
    Catered food EVERY DAY!

Cons

Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance. But there is a busy season for any company, and unless you put the time in, you won't get anything out.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Some of the new folks don't get exposed to a lot that goes on in here - invite them to meet other departments, and intermingle more on what's to come as we continue to grow!

"alliantgroup - best professional services firm in the world"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here for over 10 years and I can absolutely tell you there is no better professional services firm in the world. Each and every day, we work on helping US businesses and the US workforce/economy claim incentives they deserve and add much needed US jobs. At alliantgroup, we put our investment in our people first. There is a culture of absolute transparency and the sky is the limit as far as how well you can do here. I wish I had found alliantgroup a lot sooner in my career!

Cons

None noted. Nothing worth achieving comes easy. If you are all about helping the US while building an amazing career and working with an amazing group of people, then alliantgroup is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Love the investment in your people. Amazing job Mr. Jadav in leading us!

"Perfect for Someone Looking to Grow"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the right kind of person. If you are looking for an environment that is going to challenge you to be the best professional that you can be, this is the right place for you.

Management is fantastic and constantly looks for new ways to invest in company personnel. The team leads are genuinely interested in developing their team members and are willing to "get in the trenches" with you.

Dhaval, the CEO, is brilliant and an all around good human-being. He genuinely cares about the development of people and has an open door policy.

If you have a "type A" personality, you will thrive here. The culture is performance focused and not on tenure, so the right kind of person can have a huge impact in a relatively short time.

Cons

As a tax consulting firm, you will have to deal with some long work days during (timely and extended) tax seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to invest in employees and the community. Provide more opportunities for teams to collaborate with each other.

"Implementation Team***"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing place to work. Every single day, my peers and I are pushed to grow as professionals. As my first job out of college, I was skeptical because of all of the bad reviews posted on GD.

All I can say is that I could not be happier. Is it challenging? yes. Am I learning new skills and techniques that will be invaluable to me for the rest of my career? yes! Do I have fun at work? YES!

Bottom line. The negative reviews are all bogus. They're probably written by ex-employees that were not cut out for this type of work and just wanted a job and a paycheck. This is not the place to work if you want to coast and watch the clock all day. Conversely, if you have a driver mentality and constantly ask "why" and "what's next," then working at alliantgroup will only inspire you to achieve your max potential.

Cons

Come one... of course there are "cons." We have had double-digit growth EVERY year of our existence. What does this mean? It means that there will never be a shortage of work, or layoffs... it also means that everyone has a lot of responsibility and opportunity. Not really a con, but definitely worth considering if you are just looking for a J-O-B.

Seriously, one "con" that does come to mind is that we are becoming too "process" driven and that is causing folks to stop thinking critically and rely on what the "process" tells them to do next.

Advice to Management

We need a better ERP system and please keep hiring bright minds!

5. "Amazing Opportunity!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for alliantgroup has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel extremely lucky to work for a company that has such a strong culture where high performance and investment are highly valued and rewarded. I am constantly being pushed and challenged with the ultimate goal of getting to the next level and I couldn't ask for a better support system. alliantgroup is definitely a place for a life long career and there are so many opportunities for success- whether that is within your own department, a different department, or through crafting a different role altogether. No thoughts or suggestions fall on deaf ears....transparency is encouraged and it allows for a very open and collaborative environment. We have a ton of fun here as well- it doesn't feel like work when you love who you work with and love what you do!

Cons

I can't say there are any major cons to working at alliantgroup!

"High performance is rewarded!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Of course there are the usual perks that you see about alliantgroup such as free lunches, free covered parking, plenty of free corporate events (for individuals and families), 401k, benefits, great office location, amazing group of talented individuals, meritocracy not time and tenure is rewarded, and ultimately fulfilling work in strengthening American businesses.

I am writing this review because I want to make sure that more people find out about the best company I have ever been a part of! High performance is rewarded, and mediocrity is not tolerated, but who wakes up in the morning wanting to be mediocre? (If you do, this definitely won't be a good fit...) You will be pushed harder than you ever have, but that also means you will achieve greater success than you have ever had. The hours are no different than any other tax services firm, and are only longer during tax season. Even then, everything is flexible if you have personal matters to attend to, as long as you communicate. If you are looking for a place to build a career instead of have a job, somewhere where you can see the direct impact of your work on thousands of businesses across the nation, and somewhere where your success is unlimited- you've found it!!

Cons

Unfortunately, in this meritocracy, the people who are unwilling to put in the effort try to be the loudest and scream about how the entire system is flawed. All I can say is that is simply untrue. If you are vocal about your career goals and what you want, management (mid level straight to the CEO himself) will do anything possible to help you achieve your goals and learn as much as possible along the way. There are countless examples throughout the firm of promotions, new roles being created, people starting new departments, and much more for people who are willing to work and who have been vocal and focused about what they want.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

"Associate Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing coming to work for and gives you endless opportunities. In the few years I have been with the company, I have grown immensely. I was so micromanaged at my last job that I could not experience the power of a boss having trust in your decisions. This company has strong core values that allow you to not have a manage someone's every move.

I have had several jobs before this one and have never had a CEO who wants to have personal meeting with so many people a daily. If you have a concern or need his help he will make time on his calendar to sit and talk with you.

The CEO and the rest of upper management care so much about the success of every employees and their families. We have several events that based around family and friends. alliantgroup rented a whole water park for all employees and their families, bring your child to work day, cooking classes with spouses, fun runs and elaborate holiday parties.

Not only does the CEO care about his employees, he cares so much about giving back to the youth of Houston. A few examples of the charitable work alliantgroup has done, Habitat for Humanity, giving school supplies for the year to under privileged children at a local school. volunteered at Ronald McDonald and most recent has offered several $10,000 college scholarships for STEM students.

I will agree that it is not the right company for everyone. If you don't want to challenged and pushed to be a better version of yourself, then don't work here.

Cons

We give a lot of chances because of the investment we have in our people. The problem is we want them to succeed more than they do.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us to be better and better. Hire more of the right people who believe in our culture and want to make it stronger.

"Great opportunity for the right candidate"

Current Employee - Business Development in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Don't believe the negative reviews. I've worked at alliantgroup for a number of years now in a few different areas of the company. When I first started there were only a couple hundred people company wide. The last several years have seen the company grow exponentially and they're adding folks every day. The industry we operate in is one that is greatly needed by businesses of varying shapes and sizes nationwide in an economy that has been tumultuous of late to say the least. Regardless of what capacity you may find yourself in here at the firm, everyone is connected to the same mission - helping businesses reinvest in themselves. When you distill what we do down to this simple fact, the rest is easy to understand.

The culture at alliantgroup is performance driven. Results are published weekly so that people understand how their performance stacks up against their peers and what they need to strive for in order to improve. Management is also very eager to invest in their people so that those people can in turn develop more folks. It’s very open door and employees are encouraged to interact with management daily. That said, this is not a culture of micromanagement. Employees are empowered to be able to find new and creative ways to drive results. Collaboration among peers is also greatly encouraged and it leads to a great team-based approach.

It's also very much a work hard, play hard environment. Because there are so many businesses that need to be served, the workload is heavy, but it’s not without its rewards. Free lunch, an in-house gym, wellness classes and seminars, and financial incentive are just some of the things that the company offers its employees as a reward for their efforts. The company also makes it a point to celebrate results and to celebrate often.

If you’re willing to put in the time, learn, and have a strong work ethic, then you have uncapped potential to succeed at this company.

Cons

Because the work we do is driven by tax deadlines, at least 2 times a year things can get a little more intense and demand longer hours. The workload maybe stressful for some that are accustomed to more of a clock-in, clock-out nine to five. That said, this is the nature of complex consulting.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your folks and develop more leaders.

"Amazing Opportunity for the Right Personality"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at alliantgroup has been filled with ups and downs – struggles, setbacks, and growing pains – but I am extremely grateful for everything this company has provided for me.

This company and the various roles I’ve fulfilled have shaped me into the person I am today. Having previously been employed as an engineer with a Fortune 100 company, I can truly say the amount of knowledge, skill, and character development I have acquired are unlike anything I would have imagined. Since my time here, my mentality and overall focus has gone through several different iterations – all of which ultimately prove to be an evolution for the better.

I’ve grown as an individual, a leader, a student, and professional.

While all of the above are what keep me here and make me happy, I realize others may need something a bit more tangible to measure a prospective employer.

+ Excellent benefits (highly competitive salary, 401K match, great PTO allotment)
    + Challenging & rewarding work environment
    + Fantastic upward mobility and truly limitless potential

Cons

As you’ll probably hear time and time again, this job is not for everyone. I cannot emphasize that enough. To better understand what I mean, let me describe myself:

I’m a young (mid-20s) male, competitive to the core, extrovert, and an absolute workaholic. I’m also very resilient and am highly adaptable/teachable. Also, I’m not married.

And look, I understand people will say this job “drains you” or leaves “no room for a social life”. Social life? What else are you doing at 7 PM on a Wednesday night, watching re-runs of the Big Bang Theory?

My point is – my circumstances and environment allow me to invest a lot into my career. And because of that, I’ve found a company whose culture I thrive in.

The turnover at this company is high for a reason – people half-halfheartedly take a chance on a job they know deep down is not for them.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with prospective employees about the work-life balance. I understand it's a delicate line to walk, in that you don't want to scare away a potential new-hire too early, but you're not doing anyone a favor by not being completely 100% forthcoming about the demands of the company.

Catered dinners all year round for those staying past 7 PM. If there are employees here working, it seems fair to provide dinner.

Keep the culture strong. In growing so fast, it's a challenge to maintain the same recipe without anything getting diluted or lost in translation.

"Finally found the culture I thrive in..."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

After spending 7 years in the workforce I finally found a company that aligns with all of the things I'm looking for in a company. alliantgroup stays true to their word about rewarding people who work hard and add value, and they give you all the tools you need to excel within the company. alliantgroup offers formal training, assigns you a mentor, and places you on a team so you have the foundation you need to really grow your career within the company. The transparent management style and company culture lets you know where you stand at all times and what you need to do to get to the next level within the company. Aside from the career benefits, alliantgroup is just a fun place to come to work. For the first time I'm eager to go to work each day!

Cons

While this is a pro for me, it may be a con for others, and that is alliantgroup truly rewards merit over tenure.