alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 33 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Consistent long hours year round (in 48 reviews)

"Sexual Harassment"

Pros

There aren't any pros that is worth dealing with the toxic company culture and sweat shop that alliantgroup is. All the positive reviews are written by current employees trying to get promoted.

Cons

I'm going to give one piece of advice....research the lawsuit against the CEO for sexual harassment and that will tell you all you need to know about the company culture. Culture starts at the top, after all.

"Implementation Team***"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing place to work. Every single day, my peers and I are pushed to grow as professionals. As my first job out of college, I was skeptical because of all of the bad reviews posted on GD.

All I can say is that I could not be happier. Is it challenging? yes. Am I learning new skills and techniques that will be invaluable to me for the rest of my career? yes! Do I have fun at work? YES!

Bottom line. The negative reviews are all bogus. They're probably written by ex-employees that were not cut out for this type of work and just wanted a job and a paycheck. This is not the place to work if you want to coast and watch the clock all day. Conversely, if you have a driver mentality and constantly ask "why" and "what's next," then working at alliantgroup will only inspire you to achieve your max potential.

Cons

Come one... of course there are "cons." We have had double-digit growth EVERY year of our existence. What does this mean? It means that there will never be a shortage of work, or layoffs... it also means that everyone has a lot of responsibility and opportunity. Not really a con, but definitely worth considering if you are just looking for a J-O-B.

Seriously, one "con" that does come to mind is that we are becoming too "process" driven and that is causing folks to stop thinking critically and rely on what the "process" tells them to do next.

Advice to Management

We need a better ERP system and please keep hiring bright minds!

"Run for your life"

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, but as you will learn nothing at AG comes without a price.

Everyone is young, so you will end up becoming friends with the people you work directly with everyday. But your friends will all end up either leaving or getting fired.

Cons

Will start this off by saying that most positive reviews are from current employees, upper management "suggests" them write a positive review in order to get a promotion.

RUN. RUN. RUN.

Terrible hours, turnover, corrupt and toxic work environment. Get used to working 12+ hours a day in order just to KEEP your job. Hours are technically 8:30-6:30pm. But if you leave at 6:30, prepare to get a lot of dirty looks and get called to a meeting about not being "culturally aligned" because you don't want to drink and hang out with your coworkers until 9pm on a Friday.

The company is like the High School in your worst nightmares. Cliques, creepy coworkers hitting on you left and right, affairs, people getting people pregnant, coworkers dating and breaking up left and right. I wouldn't say that alcohol is encouraged, they always stress that you don't have to drink, but it is always offered.

Some doe eyed students coming straight out of college might think this type of work environment is awesome... But it's all lipstick on a pig. If you enjoy having your own friends, relationship, and value building or spending time with your family, AG is not the place for you. I would wake up, go to work, and by got home, it was time to go to bed. Pay also sounds good for someone who has never had a full time position, but by time you divide the hours you work for what you make.... NOT worth it.

Just Google "alliantgroup" and you will see all the messy lawsuits going on within this company. Glad I left when I did.

Advice to Management

Change the "core values" or actually implement them. Nothing is transparent about this company except the glass walls of the meeting rooms.

"Associate"

Pros

Good pay, at a price (your personal life)

Cons

Management only cares about the bottom line
    Turnover is incredibly high

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

Collaborative environment - always bouncing ideas off of your team around you. Young and energetic atmosphere.
    Challenging & rewarding - we get to help business owners put money back in their pockets and grow our US economy. Very exciting!!
    Catered food EVERY DAY!

Cons

Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance. But there is a busy season for any company, and unless you put the time in, you won't get anything out.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Some of the new folks don't get exposed to a lot that goes on in here - invite them to meet other departments, and intermingle more on what's to come as we continue to grow!

7. "Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Each year I work at alliantgroup I learn so much and have more and more fun! The best and the brightest people work here and the work we do is so meaningful. If you like a challenging, faced paced environment with unlimited ability to advance, alliantgroup is the place for you.

Cons

There is a long period of training for new hires which can make them a little impatient waiting to be given client facing responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Don't stop pushing and challenging your people to be the best.

"Perfect for Someone Looking to Grow"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the right kind of person. If you are looking for an environment that is going to challenge you to be the best professional that you can be, this is the right place for you.

Management is fantastic and constantly looks for new ways to invest in company personnel. The team leads are genuinely interested in developing their team members and are willing to "get in the trenches" with you.

Dhaval, the CEO, is brilliant and an all around good human-being. He genuinely cares about the development of people and has an open door policy.

If you have a "type A" personality, you will thrive here. The culture is performance focused and not on tenure, so the right kind of person can have a huge impact in a relatively short time.

Cons

As a tax consulting firm, you will have to deal with some long work days during (timely and extended) tax seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to invest in employees and the community. Provide more opportunities for teams to collaborate with each other.

"alliantgroup - best professional services firm in the world"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here for over 10 years and I can absolutely tell you there is no better professional services firm in the world. Each and every day, we work on helping US businesses and the US workforce/economy claim incentives they deserve and add much needed US jobs. At alliantgroup, we put our investment in our people first. There is a culture of absolute transparency and the sky is the limit as far as how well you can do here. I wish I had found alliantgroup a lot sooner in my career!

Cons

None noted. Nothing worth achieving comes easy. If you are all about helping the US while building an amazing career and working with an amazing group of people, then alliantgroup is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Love the investment in your people. Amazing job Mr. Jadav in leading us!

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing coming to work for and gives you endless opportunities. In the few years I have been with the company, I have grown immensely. I was so micromanaged at my last job that I could not experience the power of a boss having trust in your decisions. This company has strong core values that allow you to not have a manage someone's every move.

I have had several jobs before this one and have never had a CEO who wants to have personal meeting with so many people a daily. If you have a concern or need his help he will make time on his calendar to sit and talk with you.

The CEO and the rest of upper management care so much about the success of every employees and their families. We have several events that based around family and friends. alliantgroup rented a whole water park for all employees and their families, bring your child to work day, cooking classes with spouses, fun runs and elaborate holiday parties.

Not only does the CEO care about his employees, he cares so much about giving back to the youth of Houston. A few examples of the charitable work alliantgroup has done, Habitat for Humanity, giving school supplies for the year to under privileged children at a local school. volunteered at Ronald McDonald and most recent has offered several $10,000 college scholarships for STEM students.

I will agree that it is not the right company for everyone. If you don't want to challenged and pushed to be a better version of yourself, then don't work here.

Cons

We give a lot of chances because of the investment we have in our people. The problem is we want them to succeed more than they do.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us to be better and better. Hire more of the right people who believe in our culture and want to make it stronger.

"Are an achiever or a non performer"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is an organization the will invest in you and go above and beyond to ensure you have what you need. So tired of these reviews about getting in before 8 and staying till 10 or 11. If you are a current employee and you are working those hours shame on you!!! If you have a problem with helping your team once you have completed a project shame on you!!! This is an opportunity for success unlike any other you will have in your life. Some make it and are thriving some retreat but are so bitter that they did not achieve success or cannot achieve success they choose to hide behind a computer and write about Harry Potter, kool aid and not having a life. News flash team leaders have kids, directors have kids, new employees have kids. The company hires both experienced employees and new graduates. Who else will hire a new grad and help them grow and develop?!? Travel nationally?!? Learn project management and leadership?!? This company puts all into every employee from day one. Who else does that? I have worked at another consulting firm. I was putting together PowerPoint slides in no contact with clients hoping the client renewed my project. I worked remotely and had very limited contact with the outside world. It was awful. My team cares what is happening with me both personally and professionally. The COO knows my name, background, and gives me feedback. Good luck finding that at your oil company or Accenture and PWC.

Cons

Horrible reviews written by those who simply could not make it. Notice grammar! Also who spends the day writing reviews on the internet!! Get to work.

Advice to Management

Hold your head up. Stick to training and development. Go out like you have and try news things. Don't let a few bad performers affect our long term goal