alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.6
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"They literally asked us to write "honest" Glassdoor reviews"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Free catered lunch with minimal health value, a tiny gym open at all hours but you can only use it before 8:30a or after 6:30p if you're not "blue a elite", lots of free beer and wine during company happy hours and events, and some of the nicest and most intelligent coworkers you'll ever have. Seriously, there are some incredibly smart engineers, lawyers, and individuals with PhDs working here.

Cons

They wanted an honest review, so here it is. HR. I mean "talent," because that's what they renamed themselves and we don't have an actual HR group anymore because they focus most of their time on hiring and trying to retain disgruntled employees... anyways, they reach out to people that appear to love the company and beg them to write 5 star reviews. All 5 star reviews are fake. Please realize this. I'm convinced people make multiple Glassdoor accounts to just keep posting high reviews to try to save their awful rating.

I originally was going to title this review as "you're now a brother/sister of alliantgroup fraternity" but I thought it was better to inform everyone that they beg you from the inside to post 5 star reviews because it's that bad. On your first day, you're herded like cattle into the shiny elevator where you emerge on the 20th floor to walk through a tunnel of excited new coworkers utilizing noisemakers to welcome you into your new fraternity that you just sold your soul to. They paint you a very pretty picture to sign your life away, showing you a beautiful oasis. but all it is, is an oasis. If you've had a job before and were laid off or fresh out of college and can't find a job... walk away now and save your sanity. I know what you're thinking, "Wow, they'll pay me a lot of money to get awesome work experience while I continue to look for another job." Think again. After you're there over 10 hours each day (make it 12+ during the 5 month long tax seasons you cannot take PTO during), you have no time or energy to apply for other jobs that you're actually passionate about. There will be moments where you'll love the place, like a great client experience or a good interaction with your coworkers, but that thought will always quickly change when you realize you're undervalued and not treated as a person, more as a cog in the wheel.

They believe in a raving fan mission, which is great, they really want their clients to have a great experience. This should show you right here that this job is basically a sales role - through every client interaction, you're preached to "add value" to try and retain clients. They hold "Raving Fan Rows" where they force you to cold call your clients, regardless of where you are in the study process, to badger and beg them to write a testimonial letter or refer their friends. Again, this job is heavy on a salesman persona, so if that's not you, you will not be comfortable in this role.

Have you read the Houston chronicle articles about the sexual harassment and daily occurrences at this place? It's all true. Every single word. As you can see, former employees AND many current employees dislike this place enough to sell news to the media to expose the wrongdoings on the inside. You'll find during your time here, the only happy people are the ones with no outside life and practically live inside the big blue A's walls.

They love to hold their culture against you and stifle your promotions if you're not "culturally aligned." I watch ill equipped people gain and maintain positions they're not qualified for simply because they live, eat, breathe this company. Being culturally aligned includes drinking beer during working hours with your coworkers at work. being forced to interact with coworkers while still working on client files. Being culturally aligned requires you to spend much more time at work outside of the ridiculously required 50 hours for a salary job (yes it's literally a minimum of 50 hours per week for a straight salary position). Do the math. We work 20% more than normal 40 hour/week people, so your salary is really 20% less in that respect. Anytime your coworkers organize a team function or a hang out, you better be there, regardless of what you have going on at home, because they'll hold it against you later and make you feel inferior because you have a family or hobbies at home.

You'll question ethics and morals here. It might take a while, but it will happen. You're given incentives like half days and bonuses to over-bill clients and you'll find some of your coworkers hoard billable work for themselves, or even worse, bill to clients and tasks they never actually worked on.

Sure, if you're a young, fresh twenty something that's single and have minimal friends or outside interests, you might love this place. It'll feel like a warm embrace with all of these 22-27 year olds trying to carry a company. You'll see high up managers taking vacations with people they oversee. Professional, eh? You can even go hang out with C-level management at Cle and be set for life. However, if you're a self-respecting person, regardless of age, you'll hate every minute of your time here. Say goodbye to your family when you leave your house Monday morning because you won't get to spend time with them again until late Friday night. You'll literally be "working for the weekend."

PTO - yes, you get 15 days to start, but you better have your phone with company e-mail or your computer on you at all times because they force you to be available to your clients at all times. Automatic out of office replies are not allowed (this was told to me once and I received a text message asking me to remove it), but it's becoming more commonplace now. Rules like this, like many others, are not written down anywhere and cannot be validated and fluctuate across different teams. You can't take PTO during spring (February through mid-April) and fall (August through mid-October) tax seasons anyways.

When you read reviews about people crying and feeling worthless, believe it, because I've felt it. I've gone and taken a half hour nap in my car because I've been utterly exhausted from working, I've cried on the bathroom floor, I've cried in conference rooms, I've walked to the water wall and literally contemplated my existence... it's not a healthy environment. My mental health and self-worth deteriorated during my tenure here. Even on the days that I love my job and I feel so much support from coworkers, you're utterly overworked here and are slowly wasting away. You'll see 28 year old people who have only worked here a few years with bags under their eyes every day and slowly forming wrinkles. I am not joking. Everything in here is true.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices and get to know the people making you money. One of my managers didn't even know my name for months and has still to this day never had a real conversation with me unless I marched into the person's office myself to share information or ask for help

2. "The best company i've ever worked at"

Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - R&D Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, LP is the best place i have ever worked. You will not find a group of more highly motivated people, or more talented. I have been at alliantgroup for almost two years and could not be more happy with my decision. I have grown both personally, and professionally. Every month I meet with my mentor and discuss my workload, where I stand in my professional development, and set a clear path for what action items i need to take to get to the next step. I have never work somewhere that invests in employees to the degree that alliantgroup does. It truly is our top core value.

If you are lucky enough to be interviewing or considering a position with alliantgroup I highly recommend you take the position. I can honestly say this is the best professional decision i have ever made.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to share. alliantgroup does push you to be the best, and provide the best possible client service. If you're the right type of candidate this will be a challenge you will embrace and enjoy.

Advice to Management

Thank you!! And please please, keep doing exactly what you are doing. I love where I work and it is a huge thanks to the management team at alliantgroup.

"Forever my employer"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

-have grown personally and professionally over the last 6 years more than I could have imagined
    -created a wonderful lifestyle for me and my family
    -get all the time with my kids I need
    -built long lasting relationships with friends that don't enable me but are always challenging me to ultimately help me be a more fulfilled individual

Cons

-negative reviews that take us down. We are constantly fighting the naysayers out there

Advice to Management

-Thanks for always believing in us!

"Great place to work for high performers"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for just over a year and I'll be honest, I've never worked harder in my life...and it's been amazing!
    This is a great company for those who want to see immediate benefits of their hard work for themselves, their colleagues, and our clients! The culture rewards high performers for their individual accomplishments as well as collaboration so we can all improve. I have learned so much in the past year and worked with the smartest people I've ever had the privilege to. Everyone at every level is willing to teach AND learn how to be better and do better.

Cons

None for me; but , honestly, this environment is not the best fit for everyone. Anyone looking to "punch a clock" or just pay the bills is not going to thrive here. I believe there is the right place for everyone, though , and there are gigs like that out there!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The company's growth and status as one of the top places to work in Houston speak for themselves.

"Poor reviews are absolute bunk"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 8 years and have never seen or found a job like this. The compensation, fun, excitement, colleagues, management are simply amazing. 60% of the employees are females (I am a female) and there is no glass door here. The comments you see in some of the press are a total fabrication. The environment here is extremely pro female and the CEO is a great and fair person. He only wants each and every professional to reach his/her potential and be the best version of him/herself. Add in the smartest and most driven professionals you will ever find under one roof, a great wellness program, a degreed and professional nutritionist, well what more can I say.

Cons

There are 2 'black-out' time periods lasting about 6-8 weeks that you can't take vacation unless it's an emergency, wedding, funeral, etc.

Advice to Management

I have had the chance to work with 4 ceos in my career and alliantgroup' CEO is the best by far. He only cares about 2 things - investing in professionals at ag and making sure each and every client becomes a client for life. Please please do not believe any of the press out there and miss out on the best career opportunity you will ever have! The people that complain about alliantgroup are ones that don't want to put the time and effort in to be great. Thank you alliantgroup for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am loyal for life!

"Grit & Investment!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for about 3 1/2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes, knowledge on so many different industries, but also what it takes to grow your career and capitalize on the abundances of resources we have. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize our core values in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free healthy lunch options every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions.

Cons

Longer hours during tax season, but you are always busy so the time flies by. You end up wishing there was more time in the day!
    You will constantly be pushed so if you don't like people demanding the best from you and from yourself, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"Discover and Unlock Your Hidden Potential"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At alliantgroup you’ll find:
     - an exciting career path with
     - unlimited potential,
     - like-minded peers,
     - empowering management and most important…
     - the support and inspiration to help you uncover and tap into your greatest potential.

alliantgroup, is the leader in helping businesses claim tax credits and was named one of the top workplaces in Houston for 2015 & 2016?

These are not accolades penned by the marketing department but rather are born from the consistently great results achieved for clients by our exceptional and committed workforce.

A 3rd party polling of alliantgroup employees found them to overwhelmingly relish, excel and prosper in its outstanding office culture and healthy work environment anchored by a strong core mission… earning alliantgroup a place on the Houston Chronicle list of Top Work Places.

When I came to alliantgroup I had already built and ran a $50 million a year region for a national staffing firm. I was considered a very successful, professional woman and felt I was operating at my full potential.

What I found at alliantgroup, was a challenging and supportive environment that raised the bar for me. They helped me discover and achieve levels of performance I never imagined possible, even tripling my income. I truly believe this could only have happened at alliantgroup.

Cons

Like joining an elite sports team the challenges are real, the work demanding and it’s not for everyone. Rising to the top - whether as an individual, a team or a company - is never easy… but the goal is worthy and the rewards are gratifying on every level.

Advice to Management

Keeping your eye on what can be... continue to drive, unify, recognize, support and reward the amazing alliantgroup family your building!

"Build a Career with ag!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place to work towards building a meaningful career, not having a clock-in/clock-out job. If you're looking to be challenged each day and be pushed to new levels of success, then this is definitely the place for you. Each day you have the opportunity to learn from amazing leadership and are given opportunities for advancement constantly. Putting our clients first and making sure that we are always putting them in the best position is not only a tenant of the company's foundation, but something that dictates EVERY decision we make internally. It's hard to not absolutely love what you do each day, when each interaction is centered around helping businesses grow and succeed!!

Cons

In order to preserve the high standard we have for our people internally and our level of service for clients & CPAs, we will not lower the bar for people who are compromising that.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't be distracted by the negative noise. You've built a fantastic place of opportunity and a family within alliantgroup, and you're definitely doing it right.

"For the right person, there is no company better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a young, motivated person, there is no other place that offers as many opportunities as there are at alliantgroup. There is a fast paced work environment that challenges each person in a multitude of ways. If a person shows promise, they are given every opportunity to continue in the advancement of there career, and management follows through with the promises that are made, which is a nice change of pace from other industries I have worked in. All in all, if you are willing to work hard and are a passionate, driven person, there is no better place to work.

Cons

The work load is high, but should decrease as more and more people are hired.

"Become a Super Hero here!"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No one here has to retire or approve your promotion – if you want it, are willing to work to achieve it & vocalize it – it is yours!!

The work environment is a meritocracy. If you are hitting / surpassing your goals/ willing to be coached you will get rewarded / compensated appropriately. It is solely based off of performance. You know where you stand through constant conversations with your peers, supervisors & managers. The road map is clear on how to reach your goals. The support systems / resources/ training are available to you 24/7. If you want to succeed and are open being coached – you will be successful. I put my brother through college my first two years here, paid off my student loans, traveled all over the world, & I get to spoil my parents because of the generous bonuses, compensation & rewards available here.

If you are like me & want to be the ABSOLUTE BEST- JOIN US! my team members & coworkers share the same drive, passion, & commitment to excellence as you do! We are also a team of young women who work here, who have been empowered by working here. You can accomplish your personal, professional & financial goals by working here – as the environment at alliantgroup was built for everyone to thrive. You, like us, can be propelled quickly into roles of leadership, your thoughts will be welcomed, encouraged & implemented regardless of hierarchy & seniority.

As someone who has been here for 5 years to be blunt – the gossip / negativity people are referring to on here is FALSE. Never once have I seen / heard / experienced ANYTHING mentioned like in these reviews & I report directly to the CEO.

Cons

I don’t see these as Cons but some people might. This isn’t for everyone. The work is hard, it is mentally challenging. You will be pushed hard, past your limits and made uncomfortable daily – but that is how you become successful, and quickly! Who has time to waste?

Advice to Management

Crank up the speed! There are so many talented professionals both here and those who aren’t here yet that are looking for / need the opportunity to shine & develop at a place like alliantgroup!