alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated January 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They'll sell you in on the perks -- free lunch and health benefits (in 49 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • There has to be a work life balance for a happy associate (in 55 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 28 reviews)

"Make a difference, every day!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

at alliantgroup, you are in charge of your own career. The atmosphere is perfect for professionals who want to grow their career by working hard in a fun atmosphere. Plus, every day, you get to work with small to mid-size American businesses to help keep jobs in America!

Cons

The con is that we aren't helping MORE businesses - let's keep growing!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

"A rare find - be rewarded for your contributions, not your tenure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Guided by three core values - investment, high performance and the Raving Fan Mission, this company rewards performance and not time with the company. The company is in growth mode making for plenty of opportunity for people looking to grow a career. A large firm with an small-firm mentality, ideas are rewarded and opportunities are endless.

Cons

There is a lot of work. Time management skills will be tested since there is always plenty to do. People that cannot say no and those that have poor time management skills will find it hard to thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring to keep up with the growth!

"Work Here Only if Necessary"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, medical, dental. Good FIRST job. All busy work, nothing is hard. Good for people with secretary, administrative, or customer service backgrounds. Can drink at work sometimes

Cons

There is not a great work-life balance. You will be expected to work 12 or more hours sometimes as well as work from home on weekends. Don't work here if you have any type of technical engineering or life science degree. This is not somewhere you will use your degree. The most you will use it is writing a couple paragraphs that "could" be science related, but 99% of your work will not be related to your degree at all, and that goes for all degrees. You really don't even need a degree to do this job. If you are expecting to be intellectually stimulated, this is not the job for you. There is a lot of copy and pasting and filling out templates. In this role you are mostly an assistant. Succeeding here is largely based on being a favorite. It feels a lot like being in college or in a frat or sorority. Leadership is not great here, you will basically be expected to take your training into your own hands with little to no guidance. You will not gain experience or skills that you can apply at other companies, unless it is being a secretary or in an administrative role.

Advice to Management

Work on being more transparent with employees. Give feedback that can be turned into tangible goals.

"Honesty is the best policy"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None of these are pros, besides the free booze and food. You will gain weight.
    The truth is in the reviews that are not titled BEST PLACE EVER with an over exaggerated amount of exclamations points. Those exclamation points are a clear sign that someone internally was asked to write that review. It is not the best place ever, it’s quite the opposite. Beginning my career at a place like alliantgroup as a fresh graduate, was of course, great. I got introduced to people my age, the atmosphere was fun, the people were friendly and nice, and the best part, I got to drink daily for free. What 22-23 year old wouldn’t love that as a job? Then I slowly watched week by week at least one individual getting fired or leaving. The reason you may ask? It’s all about the culture. The culture appears to be normal once explained to you, but you will soon enough find out that the “culture” is similar to some type of cult, and I am not being dramatic about that. I watched 2 directors get fired for “not being culturally aligned” after being with the firm for at least 5 years. How in that time is someone all of a sudden, not fitting the culture? That’s the go-to phrase when someone leaves or gets fired. Once you make the decision to leave and people find out, no one speaks to you. Not even a congratulations on your new adventure. You are shunned from the alliantgroup society.
    Additionally, you will be told who to associate with. Once management deems someone as “unfit”, you will be told to disengage with that individual and only focus on people on your team. Working 10 hours a day, that’s a minimum. Don’t dare leave on time or people will think you are lazy and not culturally aligned. They will tell you that you have the ability to move up quickly, that’s a lie. Well, it’s not a lie if you are on the right team, which 99% of the time, you’re not. My path was cursed the minute I walked into alliantgroup. 2 directors fired, a handful of PM’s quitting and my personal favorite, a failing team a time or two. A failing team does not directly relate to your cultural alignment or performance, its job security apparently.
    Lastly, HR is a total joke. Not one single person cares about your well-being or promotions. Team leads and HR are besties, which means you will lose, every single time. Speak up once or maybe twice, and you are out. Don’t dare question any unethical situations such as billing practices or the fact that everyone deserves overtime pay, you will be shown the door.
    Moral of the story here kids, do not take the job. It sounds great on paper, but once the blinds are pulled back, it’s toxic. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people cry after development meetings because they were told they are unworthy, or having personal performance conversations in front of everyone. I can’t tell you how many times people are passed up for leadership positions that actually deserve it. Oh and if you’re married, you can kiss that goodbye. You will never see your SO due to the crazy work hours and expectations to attend every single team outing, including the famous raves where people dress up in inappropriate outfits and perform some type of dance for everyone, and participation is required. This is not a professional work environment. Every Monday, you will get to openly listen to everyone’s weekend stories about who they slept with or how drunk they got. Pretty entertaining if you like that sort of thing in the work place.

Cons

Where do I start? No work-life balance, long hours with no compensation, unethical practices, cult-like mentality, lack of professionalism, lack of real guidance and management.

Advice to Management

My advice to management, look internally and really understand the root of the issues instead of brushing everything under the rug. Use the information your ex-employees are saying, it’s not a coincidence that everyone says the exact same thing in their exit interview (if even given one). Change the hours or start paying employees what they deserve for working 7 days a week. You need a diversified workplace, not everyone needs to be the exact same robot. More ideas come out of diversity of personalities. Oh, might also want to hit up a professional to teach the employees about harassment in the workplace. Might help alleviate some of those comments and allegations. Also take your "leaders" to some type of management and leadership conference, might learn something different from real leaders who have respect from their employees. Its a whole different ballgame when your employees actually trust and respect you.

5. "Dynamic Team Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working alongside passionate and intelligent professionals in a high energy, merit-based environment. It is so fulfilling to see the direct and positive results in helping American businesses grow. Additionally, I love learning the technical intricacies and continuing to grow intellectually everyday while investing in the firm and clients. The sky is the limit and it is truly a meritocracy with an open door policy - every single person wants to invest in you and help you grow your career!

Cons

The ability to complete all of the items I want to achieve in a day!

Advice to Management

Please keep driving the company to new heights and bringing in more clients for us to serve!

"Hurricane Harvey relief efforts are our priority"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not only does #alliantgroup help American Businesses find government sponsored incentives, we come together to help demo/rebuild homes that were damaged in #HurricaneHarvey. I'm so proud of my family and the work they did this weekend helping our own!!!
    Big hearted Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank coordinated all efforts and worked amongst a group of volunteers on several of our employees homes affected by Hurricane Harvey. I know this is just the beginning to help the Houston community rebuild and I can't wait to be apart of what is to come. I'm so fortunate to be a part of this #blueateam. #HoustonStrong #10yearsofgoodness

Cons

There's so much to do for our #Houston community and I'm disappointed that I'm not there. Can't wait to be able to assist this weekend.

Advice to Management

Continue to lead by example.

7. "Energy Modeler"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, hot girls, fun atmosphere

Cons

Poor management, Long hours, Hard to get promoted

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch until you realize it's because they expect you to work during lunch or schedule meetings during lunch.

Some of the people are nice. Others are pretty immature and stuck in high school/fraternity/sorority mentality.

Cons

The hours are long which wouldn't matter if the work you were doing was meaningful. That being said most of what you will do here is secretary work. You will harass people on the phone to schedule meetings, you will constantly bombard clients with "status updates", you will write reports that are all template based - meaning no real thought has to go in to them. I don't see why you would need a degree to do this job. Any degree you get you will not use here.

Management is terrible and extremely immature. My boss was sleeping with my coworker. It wasn't uncommon to hear the higher ups gossiping about their employees and making fun of them behind their back. Most of the individuals who work here are straight out of college so this being their first job they may not realize how you are supposed to act in a work place. I would be on the phone trying to schedule meetings and you could hear my boss cussing in the back ground loudly and this happened often. I once even had a government owner ask me about it while it was happening.

The shove their culture down your throats. We couldn't leave until our calendars were filled out for the next day and our boss checked them and checked our email inbox to make sure it was clean because it was part of their "culture." Talk about micromanaging! We once had a meeting about how to keep your inbox clean- a complete waste of time. That's why they work so late because they spend the whole day doing nonsense.

I finally quit and got a real job where I'm working normal hours with higher pay and making a difference.

Don't work here.

Advice to Management

I have no words.

"Helpful People Making a Difference"

Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate II, TCS in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for a few different companies, and I have liked most of them, but this one is different. alliantgroup has heart.

Thinking about all that our city has been through in the last week, and I keep coming back to two emails from our CEO. The first said if you need help, or food, or clothes, or a place to stay, we have them all set up just ask. The second advised of some of our professionals who took water in their homes. He didn't just ask people to help. He was there. Personally. Working his butt off to help. That is the kind of place this is.

The pro of alliantgroup? It's easy. The people. I have said this job is not for everyone, but if you are the kind of person who pushes for greatness, and expects it from your employer, you will get it here.

If this appeals to you, come be a part of helpful people making a difference.

Cons

I am tired of uncommitted people, who didn't invest in themselves or others firing shots at the company I represent.

Advice to Management

Don't rest now. We have so much more to do.

"My Opinion"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Some of the employees are nice.

Cons

Some of the ladies in Talent look down on other employees, they don't speak and treat you like you are beneath them. More training for all roles would be a plus.