alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated April 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 32 reviews)

• Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 32 reviews)

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is filled with floors of ambitious, driven individuals that push you to be better every single day. The leaders here care and they want you to achieve all of your dreams. I started working at alliantgroup because a few of my friends worked here and had tons of opportunities.

If you want to be part of a movement, want to change your life, achieve your dreams...if you want opportunities, to meet some of the most talented individuals, then this is the place for you. A note to the entitled: Success doesn't come to those that work 9-5. It's not a handout...you have to earn it.

I love the culture and environment. I'm surrounded by people like me that want to work hard and be challenged.

Other pros: free lunches, free parking, free health insurance, 401k match, competitive salaries, no hierarchy / access to leaders, gym and free classes, wellness director, travel, beautiful office

Cons

Galleria area is a traffic nightmare

Advice to Management

All I have for the management team is gratitude.

"great transition to a new industry"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started here in an entry level Professional Engineering position after transitioning from a different industry. I was a bit nervous at first because it was so new for me. But, there was a lot of opportunity for growth because my group was new so I took advantage of it. My earning potential and bonus plan is great and above what my friends in my engineering program in college have available to them. Sometimes the work can be repetitive, but oftentimes I do get to work on buildings that are very innovative and featured in industry journals and publications so that is pretty interesting and makes it well worth it. Makes for good conversation with other engineers while on the road. The benefits work out really great for me. Health insurance is covered 100% and they recently started matching 401k contributions so I started participating in the plan this year. Management has an open door policy which is good and my manager isn't opposed to getting in the trenches and getting his hands dirty when the work gets tough, and I appreciate that a lot. I can actually say this about all of management really. All the way up to the top, which is really awesome. You don't find that at a lot of places nowadays.

Cons

Managing my workload with the tools that I have available can be difficult sometimes. For a mature company we should have better project tracking and assignment systems. One day I could have two projects on my plate and the next day I could have 20. It is very hard to plan with swings in workload like this. There has to be a better way. I know the company is making significant investments in this area, so I am hopeful for what is to come. Fingers crossed.

Advice to Management

Overall I like the direction management has taken the company since I have been here. We have grown significantly and so has the opportunities for myself as well as my compensation and benefits. As I mentioned previously, invest in better tools to manage the workload. I think that is the biggest challenge facing employees right now. I see this is starting to happen, but more public updates on this would be helpful to those of us who are out of the office often.

"Challinging but full of opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of things to like about this place but the thing I enjoy the most is the endless opportunity that is available here. The work is incredibly difficult and challenging but there is so much opportunity for a young professional like myself to learn, grow, manage, lead, try new things, move to different departments, etc.

I've worked at several places prior to joining alliantgroup and they didn't afford people these types of opportunities. There is nothing worse than being bored and being caged into a specific role/responsibility in your career.

Cons

The work itself can be very difficult and challenging. Also in consulting, you have to be available when your clients need you which means you have to be flexible with your time.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your top performers and rising stars.

"Terrible Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program

Cons

Don't work here if you have a family or want a good work/life balance. It's common to work from 7 am-11 pm.

Advice to Management

Review the hours you make employees work.

"Rude people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company provided lunch
    Company pays 100% insurance
    Company Happy Hours & Parties

Cons

Long Hours
    Management is rude
    Turnover rate is extremely HIGH
    They interview at least 25 people a day

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better,communication is key

"horrible environment and atmosphere"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

provided lunch, free health insurance for singles, great location and office.

Cons

Where to begin...

The hours are OUTRAGEOUS! You're expected to come in at 08:30 AM. Client service hours end at 06:30 PM -- but your day doesn't end there. There are ALWAYS last minute meetings, extra assignments or mandatory activities. In a nutshell, here are the problems I noticed with this company.

1. Very cult, frat-like atmosphere. The values and philosophies are engrained in people's heads, and heaven forbid if someone disagrees with it.

2. Management are insecure bullies all striving to get to the next level. It's not unusual for any of them to call a subordinate out in front of everyone or speak to a fellow employee with a abnormally high level of condescension. It's all an attempt to strike fear into people in hopes of developing them for the next level -- VERY demoralizing way of developing someone professionally.

2. Lack of consistency - one day everyone is on their high horse about something then they just forget about it the next day. My question is, how does a young professional expect to take a company seriously if the management displays inconsistency.

3. They claim to be "client-first", but that's a major lie. It's all about making money,so people can hit their bonuses -- which are difficult to impossible -- to attain.

4 The main reason people claim to assist each other is so they can look good in front of management.

5. Lastly, my biggest gripe -- nobody is held accountable or disciplined for their actions. This is integral for a company to run smoothly, but this place allows people to get away with murder.

This is a for a young college graduate who just needs a pay check or experience for 6-12 months. However, it's hard to believe people spent 50 grand on a degree and end up working here.

It's a place where young people get brainwashed into thinking this is how life and the "real world" is, which is absolutely not true.

Advice to Management

Respect the younger, less experienced employees and learn how to develop people better.

"Play the Game, or Don't Pass Go"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- free food, free soda
    - big parties
    - lots of contests
    - decent pay
    - good location

- If you are hyper competitive, you can promote quickly and lead your own team
    - If you buddy up with leadership and become a yes man, you will win lots in bonuses and awards

Cons

Let me say: I hated working here. I will try to be objective, but just let that be known up front. I was unwilling to back stab and throw other people under buses. I wasn't willing to kowtow to the powers that be and speak only in buzzwords. I did my job, but tried to keep the best interests of the clients in mind instead of my own, which apparently was not the correct protocol.

This company gave me anxiety issues that I now need medication for. I couldn't get through the day without throwing up or crying. I couldn't understand why the reviews were so shining. Then I realized they were written under coercion.

Walking the halls every day wondering who was getting fired was too much stress. Knowing your teams would be rearranged every few months because they couldn't hold on to enough experienced employees to make their current teams work was bizarre.

Advice to Management

Change. Everything.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction!

Compensated for posting 5* reviews on this site!

Cons

Frat house mentality
    Cut throat (everyone throws anybody and everybody under the bus to succeed)
    LONG HOURS
    Snitched on when you leave early
    What work/life balance. It's work, work and more work. Oh wait, don't forget to max out all the hours on the project. Seriously, I had one staff charge 120 hours in a week!!!!

"Working at alliantgroup"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and dental benefits, casual dress code, free lunch daily

Cons

No work life balance, I was working 12-14 hour days, high turn-over. You never knew in advance how late you would be

Advice to Management

If you're going to have employees work 12-14 hour days for two weeks straight, give them 2 weeks where they can leave at 6pm so they can plan to be with their families.

"Outstanding Organization - I Love What I Do"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization and the work that we perform makes me love what I do. This company pushes you to be the best that you can be. Everyday provides new challenges and opportunities. I truly appreciate the amount of time upper management and my peers invest in my and everyone's development. The office is always full of positive energy and it is contagious! There is tremendous opportunity to grow. High performance is rewarded. I only wish I had found alliantgroup 10 years ago.

Cons

This is not a con but a word of advice.
    You will not be happy here if:
    1. You aren't driven and dont have any grit.
    2. You dont believe in putting clients first while delivering an outstanding client experience.

Advice to Management

I love that there is no secret to how to be successful at alliantgroup. Your investment, feedback, and coaching allow everyone the opportunity to be successful. Also, I love how everyone is treated and provided the same keys to success. Managers are held accountable and there is an open door policy. High performance is rewarded and that's how it should be.