alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 34 reviews)

• Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• long hours when needed, one of our core identities is giving premiere client service (in 48 reviews)

"Run for your life"

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, but as you will learn nothing at AG comes without a price.

Everyone is young, so you will end up becoming friends with the people you work directly with everyday. But your friends will all end up either leaving or getting fired.

Cons

Will start this off by saying that most positive reviews are from current employees, upper management "suggests" them write a positive review in order to get a promotion.

RUN. RUN. RUN.

Terrible hours, turnover, corrupt and toxic work environment. Get used to working 12+ hours a day in order just to KEEP your job. Hours are technically 8:30-6:30pm. But if you leave at 6:30, prepare to get a lot of dirty looks and get called to a meeting about not being "culturally aligned" because you don't want to drink and hang out with your coworkers until 9pm on a Friday.

The company is like the High School in your worst nightmares. Cliques, creepy coworkers hitting on you left and right, affairs, people getting people pregnant, coworkers dating and breaking up left and right. I wouldn't say that alcohol is encouraged, they always stress that you don't have to drink, but it is always offered.

Some doe eyed students coming straight out of college might think this type of work environment is awesome... But it's all lipstick on a pig. If you enjoy having your own friends, relationship, and value building or spending time with your family, AG is not the place for you. I would wake up, go to work, and by got home, it was time to go to bed. Pay also sounds good for someone who has never had a full time position, but by time you divide the hours you work for what you make.... NOT worth it.

Just Google "alliantgroup" and you will see all the messy lawsuits going on within this company. Glad I left when I did.

Advice to Management

Change the "core values" or actually implement them. Nothing is transparent about this company except the glass walls of the meeting rooms.

"Finally found the culture I thrive in..."

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

After spending 7 years in the workforce I finally found a company that aligns with all of the things I'm looking for in a company. alliantgroup stays true to their word about rewarding people who work hard and add value, and they give you all the tools you need to excel within the company. alliantgroup offers formal training, assigns you a mentor, and places you on a team so you have the foundation you need to really grow your career within the company. The transparent management style and company culture lets you know where you stand at all times and what you need to do to get to the next level within the company. Aside from the career benefits, alliantgroup is just a fun place to come to work. For the first time I'm eager to go to work each day!

Cons

While this is a pro for me, it may be a con for others, and that is alliantgroup truly rewards merit over tenure.

"Project Associate"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

Before I went in for my interview, I read the reviews and have to say now that I have been working for a few months that they are not true. Yes, we have a 8:30 to 6:30 general work day but that is because we are consultants. We have amazing perks, free lunch everyday, we can drink after 5, and get to leave early most Fridays and get to leave early more than one would imagine. There is a great atmosphere and culture. I recently graduated from college and could not have asked for a better job! The pay is great, free health care, and have an amazing group of passionate people who I get to work with.

Cons

A more direct path to promotion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I love the how engaging the trainings are and everybody truly cars about growth and investment.

"Project associate"

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits. Lunch is catered every single day and there is an on site gym that is available to all employees.

Cons

Long hours, mostly stuck at a computer. Do not stand behind their core values and put people in management positions that do not belong in that role.

Advice to Management

Have a better system for learning and development, listen to candidates with respect to who gets promoted.

"difficult but well worth it"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

grew more here in 2 years than in 5 years at my previous job; free breakfast, lunch and dinner; free gym; free yoga, circuit training, pilates lasses; free health assessments; outsized bonuses; can make more $ here than anywhere else; chance to meet former and current governors, senators and congressmen and know them on a first name basis; help us businesses grow; given a lot of responsibility from the start

Cons

you will work 50 hours a week; will challenge your brain more than you thought possible

Advice to Management

need more experienced managers

"I am enjoying myself"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for almost two months. I'm very happy with my career and the decision to come here. My last job made me depressed on Sunday afternoons, I had no upward mobility no matter how hard I worked and my colleagues didn't pull their weight. Here, everyone has upward mobility, there is so much fun work to do that the day goes by very quickly and there is very little red tape that gets in between having a new idea and bringing that new idea to life. I am really enjoying myself and I'm having a lot of fun with my team. They are good people. Every day is different and I'm constantly learning about new industries.

Also, the free lunches are making a difference in my health. I've got a simple palate and I used to eat most of my meals from the microwave. alliantgroup's meals are much more balanced than what I've been feeding myself for the past few years! I don't think I've ever eaten so many vegetables in my life.

I have not seen any of the silly stuff some of these reviews talk about.

Cons

This is a very young workforce and a small handful of people lack basic social skills.

Advice to Management

I think you guys know that to take the company to the next level, you're going to have to hire some more senior people than you've been hiring for the past 15 years. Continue to bring in experienced hires -- people who have proven themselves at other places -- who can bring their skill sets and knowledge to alliantgroup and help drive the company to the next level.

"The Cut Throat Will Succeed"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are great opportunities for upward mobility due to the turnover. Hourly employees can bank on the over time they work, while salaried employees are often rewarded with sizable bonuses. Contests will also earn you big checks and gift cards. Of course, free lunch, and during tax season, dinner. Facilities are gorgeous and the location is great.

Cons

This company is definitely a great home for a particular personality type. People who are comfortable making work their whole life, who don't mind incredibly long days, and people who love "playing the game" will thrive here. Employees who enjoy work/life balance, who are involved in anything outside of work, and who are not prone to drinking the blue a kool-aide likely won't last.

I found that if I got my work done on time and left at a reasonable hour, I would get chastised for not being a team player, for not staying late, and for being committed.

Teams constantly get restructured due to crazy turnover. By the time I left a year after I started, I had seen my entire training class slowly die off. Not one member of the team that recruited me was there when I left. You'd often ask where a teammate was only to find out they'd been fired, with no real consideration given to how it would affect the rest of the team.

It isn't uncommon to hear girls crying or vomiting in the bathrooms due to stress, and the lack of emotional maturity in the company often led to explosive interactions.

Most of the work I did there seemed redundant and only done to justify upping billing on more lucrative accounts.

Advice to Management

Hire carefully, prepare new team members for success by providing MEANINGFUL training, and spend less time worrying about how many hours your people work, instead focus on the quality of their work.

"179D - Energy Modeler - New, different experience..."

Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros -
    Work Hard, Play Hard culture - We have multiple financial incentives which is unheard of from any of my former employers. Half days, leave early, and many company team outings, we have a gym and a wellness program that is available to everyone, not to mention catered lunches every day. We are a tight knit community and basically a family. We go play volleyball, have dinner, watch movies, etc. Another core identity in our company is our people. We work hard and have fun doing it !

Opportunities like no other- the AEC (architectural, engineering, construction) industry has been suffering for the last couple of years. Now with this role there is an opportunity for professionals with this background to succeed and help the industry succeed as well.
    On top of that, in ag you are not doing repetitive, monotonous tasks, and looking over countless redlined drawings like in traditional AEC jobs. In ag every day i am challenged, pushed, and am given countless opportunities to become a better professional. If you are like me and are a go-getter, you have that ‘it’ factor, then please come to ag and help us grow !!

Career growth like no other - Here in ag, with a technical background, I along with everyone have the same opportunity to become a director and lead a team. In traditional AEC firms one would have to wait for someone to retire, be there minimum 5 years, and pass several exams. We are not a time and tenured firm, in ag it's up to you. Don't let someone else’s bad experience hinder or give you a preconceived notion. Bad reviews are a result of certain individuals who don't have enough grit and perseverance to listen to feedback and apply it for themselves to thrive in the company.

Experience it for yourself - 179D has grown from 12 people in 2012 to now 150+. That gives you a snippet of our expansion. We are the in the epicenter of our industry and we are not stopping our growth, don't miss out on this opportunity and experience it for yourself.

Cons

Cons -
    Rapid growth -We are growing exponentially and to new heights, so certain things need to change for the demand of our clients and additional clients. These are good problems, when growing at a 100 mph there will be mistakes in every level of a company. There are deficiencies from our process, training, to even management, but the good thing about this company is if you bring it up and it has merit, you can actually be part of the solution.

Long hours - There are long hours when needed, one of our core identities is giving premiere client service. This is the root cause of our success. We have to be up and running for our clients on the east, central, and west coast time zone, so our hours are from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm. However If you are done or ahead with your work we encourage everyone to head out and enjoy their time off. If you're looking for a 9-5 job, don’t take this, it's a career. We need people who are looking for a place to invest their passion and in return the company will invest in them. It’s a two way street.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback from every employee and apply it when it has merit. Have more cross-department meetings and interactions within the company. As we keep growing make sure we are promoting the right leaders that will have the best successful impact for our company and clients.

"All Promises Fulfilled"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

during the interview process i was promised career opportunities, the chance to visit clients, on the job and classroom training, and "investment" from my mentors and other directors. All of this and more has been fulfilled in my time with alliantgroup.

Some of the cons are not really cons... people complain about "too much work" and "demanding schedule," but really, what successful business out there does not have a high volume of work and demanding schedules for its most valuable employees? For me it's all about having the opportunity to be part of something that makes a real impact. We get to help american businesses claim valuable tax incentives and create more jobs. This is not just political rhetoric. It's real. I've seen it, and heard it directly from clients. This place is the real deal.

Cons

growing company, so there ERP system is somewhat dated and there is a lot of stuff done manually that could be automated that would really increase employee productivity.

Advice to Management

Invest in new ERP system
    Keep hiring... we need more good people

"Associate Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have recently joined alliantgroup just under a year ago and I am so happy I did. I read all the pros and cons and did my own research and I am so glad I did! Everything I want from an employer and in a new job I have found here. I am able to watch my co-workers celebrate their success and they celebrate mine. We are changing the world with what we are doing for our clients in keeping jobs here in the U.S. and the fact that we are able to help CEO's uncover the cash refunds they are eligible for is all the more rewarding. If you have been successful in your career and you want to work for the company that will reward you for your hard work when you want to work here with us.

Cons

The company is growing at such a rapid pace we need more top performers. If you do not want to have your work reviewed or be part of an elite group then don't come here. Some people come here and think they are going to change us and then they don't work out so that sometimes puts pressure on the others so know what you want in your career and be honest with the person you are meeting with in what you are looking for.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!! I love it!!!!!!