alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated July 22, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"Client Associate"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AWESOME work environment! Free catered food every day, collaborative and 'young' office setting. Really invested into teaching you what you need to know in order to succeed. Unlimited growth opportunity - I know a few individuals that have been here around a year exploring new areas of the business!

Cons

Sometimes work late because of busy season, but I don't know any career where you are not expected to put in the time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Yall are doing a great job and I am happy to be here!

"Poor reviews are absolute bunk"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 8 years and have never seen or found a job like this. The compensation, fun, excitement, colleagues, management are simply amazing. 60% of the employees are females (I am a female) and there is no glass door here. The comments you see in some of the press are a total fabrication. The environment here is extremely pro female and the CEO is a great and fair person. He only wants each and every professional to reach his/her potential and be the best version of him/herself. Add in the smartest and most driven professionals you will ever find under one roof, a great wellness program, a degreed and professional nutritionist, well what more can I say.

Cons

There are 2 'black-out' time periods lasting about 6-8 weeks that you can't take vacation unless it's an emergency, wedding, funeral, etc.

Advice to Management

I have had the chance to work with 4 ceos in my career and alliantgroup' CEO is the best by far. He only cares about 2 things - investing in professionals at ag and making sure each and every client becomes a client for life. Please please do not believe any of the press out there and miss out on the best career opportunity you will ever have! The people that complain about alliantgroup are ones that don't want to put the time and effort in to be great. Thank you alliantgroup for giving me this amazing opportunity. I am loyal for life!

"Discover and Unlock Your Hidden Potential"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At alliantgroup you’ll find:
     - an exciting career path with
     - unlimited potential,
     - like-minded peers,
     - empowering management and most important…
     - the support and inspiration to help you uncover and tap into your greatest potential.

alliantgroup, is the leader in helping businesses claim tax credits and was named one of the top workplaces in Houston for 2015 & 2016?

These are not accolades penned by the marketing department but rather are born from the consistently great results achieved for clients by our exceptional and committed workforce.

A 3rd party polling of alliantgroup employees found them to overwhelmingly relish, excel and prosper in its outstanding office culture and healthy work environment anchored by a strong core mission… earning alliantgroup a place on the Houston Chronicle list of Top Work Places.

When I came to alliantgroup I had already built and ran a $50 million a year region for a national staffing firm. I was considered a very successful, professional woman and felt I was operating at my full potential.

What I found at alliantgroup, was a challenging and supportive environment that raised the bar for me. They helped me discover and achieve levels of performance I never imagined possible, even tripling my income. I truly believe this could only have happened at alliantgroup.

Cons

Like joining an elite sports team the challenges are real, the work demanding and it’s not for everyone. Rising to the top - whether as an individual, a team or a company - is never easy… but the goal is worthy and the rewards are gratifying on every level.

Advice to Management

Keeping your eye on what can be... continue to drive, unify, recognize, support and reward the amazing alliantgroup family your building!

"Grit & Investment!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for about 3 1/2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes, knowledge on so many different industries, but also what it takes to grow your career and capitalize on the abundances of resources we have. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize our core values in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free healthy lunch options every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions.

Cons

Longer hours during tax season, but you are always busy so the time flies by. You end up wishing there was more time in the day!
    You will constantly be pushed so if you don't like people demanding the best from you and from yourself, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"Best in the industry!"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company gives you the opportunity to create your own path. Me and several of my friends/coworkers at the company started in an entry level position and have been able to work our way up. We are lucky to work with amazing clients that are changing the world.

Cons

Don't believe the negative review, they are written by competitors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing as you guide us to the next level! Your support allows us to focus on serving our clients!

"This is an Opportunity of a Lifetime! (from a wise, old man)"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for many years. I worked at five other large companies. I'm a little older, a little wiser. I've seen other CEO's in action, other business cultures, other office environments. I've seen a lot in my lifetime. None of these other five companies compare to alliantgroup. If you ever have the opportunity to work at alliantgroup, consider yourself lucky, consider yourself fortunate. If you are passionate about your development, passionate about helping other people, passionate about bringing value to American businesses and helping them create American jobs, and at the same time, making a great living for yourself and your loved ones, then this is the place for you to grow and prosper. The sky is the limit here. You can go up as high as you want to. The opportunity is endless. Yes, it is hard work and sometimes long hours. But, if you are a highly motivated professional, any place you go will be the same. The difference here is the culture. It's a fun and caring culture, work hard, play hard. Most large companies say the same. They consider play hard as the summer picnic and holiday dinner party. Here, there's a workout room, aerobics classes, a spin studio, games and prizes throughout the year, a nutritionist on staff to help our personal lives and healthy development, a CEO that will play ping-pong with you and cares about developing his people, knows everyone's name, knows their strenghts and weaknesses and is passionate about developing them...you will not find this anywhere else. It's a magical place if you want to put in the work and the effort and work with brilliant people.

Cons

The free, catered in lunches are great and it's easy to add on a few pounds. But with a nutritionist on staff, a workout room, aerobics classes, and a spin studio, it helps manage the weight gain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work and don't be intimidated by some disillusioned former employees who did not fit in with the culture and have nothing better to do than to write negative reviews. Keep up the passion!

"Great place to land a career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate/EA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate/EA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I first interviewed with the company, I was told to "not pay too much attention to the Glassdoor reviews". Let's just say, I'm glad I didn't! Most of the (negative) reviews on here are from former employees that just didn't have the drive or desire to work hard enough to succeed here. And let's be honest, no one likes a job they aren't good at (or aren't willing to put the work in to get better). Anyways, my first year, like any job, was tough. I was trying to absorb very thing like a sponge (which included trainings and working "after hours"), but all this was was towards investment in my professional growth that would lead me to excel at my role as time went on. Needless to say, I am coming up on 3 years and can say with all honesty that I enjoy coming to work everyday. I consider my coworkers more as friends. And I feel very supported by management. Lastly, I personally thrive off of positive reinforcement, and there is no lack of such acknowledgement/reward from management. $$$

Cons

High turnover rate - due to people not willing to stick it out and get over the learning curve.

This is definitely not a "clock-in, clock-out" "job". If that's what you're looking for, this is not the place. This company is all about high performance, so if that doesn't excite you or if that's not your mentality, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your constant investment in me!

"BEST PROFESSIONAL SERVICES COMPANY IN THE WORLD"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am so fortunate to have joined alliantgroup over ten years ago. As a veteran that had worked at several LARGE INTERNATIONAL firms, I can tell you that there is not a single firm in the world that has helped propel and build my career like Dhaval Jadav, our CEO and alliantgroup. I have constantly been challenged and have grown professionally and personally more than I could have ever imagined. 30 years ago, when I graduated with my Graduate Degree, I sought large firms to work for that could help me build my career. All these firms had existing and set career tracks and everybody moved up or out at a predetermined pace. At alliantgroup, INVESTMENT in our people is a core objective. We are ALL GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY to EXCEL. I have gotten more out of my career at alliantgroup than I could ever imagine and have had the pleasure of working with some of the best people in the world that I have ever worked with. alliantgroup is my family.

Cons

Unfortunately it is not for everybody...it is very REWARDING but very demanding...........we are focused on being the best and building the best professional services firm in the world and that is NOT AN EASY TASK.

Advice to Management

Thank you again Dhaval for the constant focus on being the best and the RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF PERFECTION. Keep INVESTING in us and teaching us how to invest in our people. I can't thank you enough for what you and alliantgroup has done all of us, for me and my family.

"Director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We are like a family! It breaks my heart when I see some of these over the top negative reviews. I have never been at a place that cares so much about their employees. This is the place for you if you are about excellence. I am rewarded when I perform, I am coached when I need improvement. If you know you are a top performer then alliantgroup is the place for you! If you want a voice into management then this is the place for you!! If you want rapid advancement in your career, this is the place for you. I have never seen a company that spends as much time as alliantgroup does in training. We are constantly learning everything from compliance to how to deliver exceptional customer service. We are constantly winning awards on the best place to work, the best culture. I offer an invitation to anyone - visit us, get to know us, you will fall in love with us just like I did and the 20 people I referred to alliantgroup.

Cons

I really can't come up with any. I have been with alliantgroup for 11 years and I wish I found alliantgroup long before I did. If I had or have any issues I take it to management and they listen and make changes where necessary,

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!! Thank you for all the support and rewards.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

alliantgroup:
    • Invests in its employees.
    • Cares about its clients.
    • Cares about its employee’s wellbeing.
    • Challenges employees to grow.
    • Provides the chance to work with many different industries across the US.
    • Has fitness programs and trainings every week (circuit training, yoga, spin, boot camp etc).
    • Has a gym in the office.
    • Has great lunches catered every day.
    • Has great coffee machines on every floor.
    • Works in a team environment.

I've formed strong friendships with team members and coworkers. I've also found the culture to promote my growth on personal and professional levels.

Bottom line - alliantgroup is a big family, full of energy, and passion about what we do. Our success is due to the culture created by our founders Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank. It's a special work environment to come to every day.

Cons

Galleria traffic near the office.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture! The alliantgroup family is strong.