alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"This is a haven for HIGH PERFORMERS!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place where folks who want a career vs. a job thrive!! Employees can take their career's into their own hands and control their own destinies. Meritocracy rules! Also, management maintains transparency in all of its decisions so that employees understand changes in operations and strategy.

Cons

Employees who don't like a fast paced environment will struggle.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend more and more time with people who are hungry for it.

"Best Professional Decision I've Made!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of my favorite Pros deals with the fact that the Company does its best to operate as a true meritocracy. I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company. This is recognized in various ways: the ability to train others, manage people, get half days every so often and compensation (let's just say I have never had to request a raise !!!).

The travel opportunities are great. You get the chance to visit companies all throughout the US including those located in major cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, etc.

The professional development is also an absolute plus. The work is challenging but the Company has made great strides to develop a robust training program. There is also a Talent and Integration Team there to assist, which has even developed a mentoring program. (I have had the opportunity to train and manage individuals at a pretty early stage in my career.)

The perks are pretty much endless between the bonus opportunities (either monthly, quarterly or intermittent contests), covered health insurance (!!!), travel, the cafeteria lunch stipends...

Cons

alliantgroup has a fast-paced environment. You will be challenged in a professional manner so if you are looking for a more laid-back atmosphere this may not be the right fit for you.

The are pressing statutory deadlines that must be met to serve clients which does result in extended hours during tax season (emphasis added).

Advice to Management

Emphasize the culture, mission and what it means to work at the Company from Day 1.

"One of kind place to work!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is like nothing I have ever seen before! I have been with the company for over a year and worked for both super large companies and smaller ones...alliantgroup stands in its own category! A true meritocracy and a lot of "a" type personalities who are super smart. Constantly encouraged and challenged to go further in your career and guided by some of the smartest people I have ever known.

Cons

I hear people complain about the hours, but its consulting and we are always available for our clients. Don't think that's a con. The office is getting cramped from growth, but we are moving offices soon, so it should be fixed.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people who believe in what we do..helping clients!

"A great opportunity to stretch yourself!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to be challenged in many ways - you get to expand your knowledge of various industries, work on people skills/client service, as well as learn a very technical and specific skillset. The combination of these things makes the job challenging and never boring! It is not a job that you can start and already know how to do, but the robust training program has improved 1000 times over the last year due to some smart investment in the talent integration department and it really shows!

Additionally, the company is a true meritocracy - if you work hard and prove your value to the Company, there is no limit to your growth potential. Those that are committed high performers succeed immeasurably, those that are not don't.

Lastly, the people at alliantgroup are what make you come to work every day, hands down. You will never have a job where you are truly friends with the people that you work with and to that end, who would have your back no matter what!

A few of the major perks: Cafeteria voucher, travel opportunities (keep your miles!), extremely generous annual raises at review time, bonuses, movie nights, parties, golf outings, free coke machines/beverages in the office), personalized professional development plans, happy hours, alliantgroup pays 100% of healthcare premiums!! Oh yeah, and a sweet new office building coming in late 2013!

Cons

The hours can be very long at times, especially challenging, but there is currently a big emphasis on helping people with planning and project management, which should yield its fruit soon enough! If you are not person that can function with and respond to deadlines, it can be very challenging.

The flurry of activity and noise level can be a little bit distracting at times and it can be hard to buckle down, but the new office should help alleviate that!

Advice to Management

- The clear vision of the corporate culture and values is admirable and really making a difference keep it up.
    - Work to maintain accessibility (from us to you) as we continue to grow - keep those office doors open!
    - Continue to let the performers and high performers know that they're doing a good job - a compliment is worth its weight in gold!

"Truly the most challenging and rewarding experience of my career!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Boundless opportunities for growth, interesting work, and AMAZING people!! Management will set high expectations and those who exceed these will be HANDSOMELY REWARDED!!!!

Senior Management truly cares about all employees and encourages EVERYONE to take advantage of their open door policy. They are open to all different kinds of ideas and put a ton of emphasis on your professional growth. Senior Leadership rewards High Performers with amazing trips, gift cards, prizes, and most importantly, leadership opportunities.

If you are looking to join a company where you will have a major impact on clients, alliantgroup is definitely for you. Everyday we hear stories about clients who were able to use their incentives to increase the amount of R&D done at their company, hire more employees, and even keep from laying off current employees. In today's economy job creation with this market is key to our country's success. It is very rewarding to feel you are at the heart of helping the USA drive innovation and keep jobs here in this country.

Cons

Those who aren't willing to work really hard and push themselves will not do well here. However, I really don't see this has a con since I believe surrounding yourself with the best, will only make you better. The building is a little cramped, but we are moving to a brand new building in a couple months!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the training and professional development of employees across the board. In addition, continuously hearing the vision from Senior Leadership is VERY impactful.

"Far Better Than Any Employer I Have Had"

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company who cares about your development. At other firms I have worked for, it has been difficult to get mentoring or Continuing Legal Education credits. That is not the case at alliantgroup. They offer plenty of in-house training, much of which counts for CLE hours. Additionally, you are assigned to a mentoring member of the team, whether it is a Senior Associate, Associate Director or Managing Director.

Management rewards its employees. This is not a company who grinds you into the ground in order to increase their bottom line without rewarding you for your efforts. The rewards I have received have included monetary bonuses, gift cards, dinners and expense-paid trips. Additionally, management schedules outings for employees at Studio Movie Grill for expense-paid advanced screenings of some of the highly anticipated movies. It is truly a work-hard, play-hard kind of experience.

Cons

We are growing fast. We have a new building in progress, and there are very minimal growing pains right now.

"alliantgroup is like no other company!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within two years of being at alliantgroup, I have grown leaps and bounds, both professionally and personally. I never thought a company like this existed - the opportunities are endless and professional growth is not stunted by age or experience. They give you every chance to make your career be what you want it to be. I constantly am being told "be greedy with your career." Upper management is truly motivated by their employees' successes and rewards like no other, something that is not seen elsewhere.

I have a direct impact on our economy by strengthening American businesses and creating jobs here in the United States. Not only is money back in our client's hands alliantgroup's end product, but day in, day out, I get to establish relationships with companies that are the heart and soul of our country and economy. I get complete satisfaction from providing this service to our clients who in turn get to reinvest that money back into their companies to keep the doors open and create more job openings.

Cons

Absolutely zero. You work hard but you get rewarded and play even harder.

"A place to grow and develop"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Culture and Environment.
    - Company sponsored dinners, movies, and happy hours.
    - Management encourages growing and taking your career in your own hands
    - Trainings
    - Management, mentors, and your peers.
    - Challenging (yet extremely rewarding) work.

Cons

-It is a demanding environment but the negative reviews are a bit misleading. alliantgroup encourages and rewards those who are self-motivated and have a desire to thrive. This is not a 9-5 job and they are very open about that. New graduates who expect to have everything handed to them without working sometimes face a bit of a culture shock. This isn't a place for someone who merely wants to collect a paycheck and go home. If you demonstrate your eagerness to learn and development the sky is the limit. Anybody who wants to be successful in their career should expect these same demands from any job.

Advice to Management

Better system in place to differentiate who is there to merely collect a paycheck vs. those developing their career.

"Working at alliantgroup is challenging, fast-paced, and very rewarding."

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the very best things about working at alliantgroup include the team-centered environment and opportunities for quick upward mobility. There are a large number of people willing to invest serious time in developing new talent, and the commitment to hiring individuals that have a wide range of educational backgrounds, work experience, and skillsets produces a dynamic working environment. The opportunity to closely consult with and provide significant tax savings to clients in a wide variety of industries is genuinely gratifying. The bottom line is that is a place where hard work and dedication are not only widely recognized, but will put you on a fast-track with your career that is unmatched.

Cons

The time commitment is considerable during tax season. However, the team-centered approach to tackling projects, along with alliantgroup's dedication to incentivizing and rewarding its employees, results in a time commitment that pays off in dividends.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time in developing your employees and never lose sight of the"Work Hard, Play Hard" mentality that lies at the core of the firm's identity.

"Amazing Opportunities Available, Take Them"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The biggest of the many great things about alliantgroup is the ability to grow and develop professionally with a young and growing company. alliantgroup is growing at a tremendous rate and therefore opening up many positions in management and other key roles in the company. Along with this, the company opens these opportunities to those that earn them with hard work. They really do operate as a meritocracy. In the short time I have been here, I have gone from an entry level position into managing my own team. I get the opportunity to work with all types of different companies doing cutting edge work on a day to day basis which definitely keeps it interesting. Additionally, the rewards that have come with this advancement have been amazing.

I love to travel and have pretty much traversed the entire United States in my time here. The bonuses and raises definitely keep the compensation ahead of other companies out there. The office environment is great and the people here definitely keep it lively.

Cons

The fast paced environment and transparent culture are not for everyone. Management and your peers are always pushing for everyone to keep growing and advancing with the Company. If you are looking to check in and check out and fly under the radar, this might not be the place for you. However, if you are looking to work hard and be noticed and rewarded for it, this is the place for you.