alliantgroup, LP Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated February 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 31 reviews)

• Health and dental benefits, casual dress code, free lunch daily (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no problem with the work hours, but I can see how people with children might have a hard time having a work life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Consistent long hours year round (in 47 reviews)

"toxic work environment that exploits recent graduates"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

they do a good job to get you to fall in love with culture and make you believe that they care about you. Good place to start your career to get work experience but avoid it if you are more established.

Cons

They take advantage of recent grads that are looking for a job. Especially recent Law School grads that have a hard time finding a job because the job market is saturated in Houston. There is always jobs available because there is such a high turnover rate -- not a good sign. Management does not care about lower lever employees.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your lower level employees. Let them know that they matter. Try to re-create the culture so people are not only looking out for themselves. Make it a collaborative environment where people are trying to help everyone else and make the team and company a better place to work.

"Slave Corp"

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours, Insurance, Free Food and great equipment

Cons

Snakes, horrible upper management and a cult/frat feeling

Advice to Management

Let people be them self and embrace positive change.

"Endless Opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A true meritocracy - the sky is the limit. You are rewarded for the effort that you put in. A true team environment where everyone is pushing each other to the next level. No wonder the company was number 2 in the Top Workplaces list published by the Houston Chronicle!

Cons

Like all tax consulting firms, there are 2 busy seasons. Hours can be longer during those weeks. Mix up the lunch selections more - don't get me wrong - the catered lunches every day are awesome, but variety is the spice of life.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering the managers at the sub-team level. Let their talent push the company to the next level with you.

"Senior Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food and receiving miles for traveling. The receptionist in the OC office. There are really talented and cool people that turned into friends outside of this company.

Cons

Everything. Don't put yourself in a horrible situation. This company is toxic and will ruin you and your family. They expect to come before your family. Gossip town and high school all over again. You have to be in the "cool kids" club to go to dinners. And dinner last all night which is very disrespectful toward your children and family at home waiting for you. Management is always in your business and watch out for those that spy, which I'm convinced they are compensated for gossiping. I loved the actual work I was doing but couldn't take the company. They treat people horrible and don't get fooled by the pay, it's pennies when you actually calculate the hours you work. I would see my child maybe once during the work week because i would get home so late. You will have anxiety attacks and all of the anger and stress will unfortunately be taken out on your family. Alliantgroup is NOT forever, since my departure, I've gotten my life and sanity back. I see my family every evening at a normal time and U'mactually getting paid MORE! Don't consider this place and if you're currently employed, get out NOW!

Advice to Management

Nothing will change these people. Sorry.

"Don't do it!"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is nonexistent.

Cons

Free food, and sometimes they let you sleep.

"WORST COMPANY"

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

good money, but that can only keep you happy for so long. Especially if you have no time to enjoy it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY. The hours are ridiculous and they are a cult. They get you in with a nice salary then will make you feel like crap if you cant stay after 7. The CEO is UNPROFESSIONAL. Do NOT work here you will regret it. There is a reason why nobody last after a year.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees more and developing them. Give them a work/life balance and stop trying to sleep with everyone

"If the US Marine Corps did tax consulting"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are working with the most talented, most accomplished, most focused people in the entire industry. alliantgroup's greatest asset is their people team. Excellent benefits, they pay for your health insurance, understanding management if you have to leave in the middle of the day, gym on-site and a dedicated wellness team. Huge opportunity for promotion. Fast growing company. The employees who persevere with this company, are all very very happy with their jobs and lives.

Cons

Long work hours, vaguely cult-like culture, they operate their great personnel at 99% efficiency which is why they provide such great benefits. Many people quit or are fired within the first twelve months of employment. It was rare to find anyone who had been there more than two years.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at how to reduce your new-employee turn over. This will be the best way to promote-from-within and get the management team that you need to continue the fantastic growth you have built this far.

"Project Associate"

Pros

Met some nice, intelligent people

Cons

Company is literally a cult. No work-life balance. Shane is a one of the most disgraceful human beings I've ever known.

"Just ok"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

You learn a lot of transferable skills. The office is nice. They bring in lunch.

Cons

No real room for advancement after a first promotion. The hours are not fun after the first few months because you spend lots of time writing repetitive reports.

Advice to Management

Expand the business to allow people actually grows. Focus on the things that make the business work.

"Good job, but not great"

Pros

Loving atmosphere. Learning together. Free health insurance for employee.

Cons

Very manual based. Don't get bonuses as you should in this type of work. Compensation lacks.