alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated August 7, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"Best of the Best!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We have a comprehensive hiring process as we want the very best. Typically those who have thrived in their prior roles come to alliantgroup with confidence and excitement; and, we want to nurture that hope and help them fulfill their FULLEST potential! Every leader in the alliantgroup organization is completely invested in the growth of their team members...every single leader. It's palpable.

Cons

We need more people!! We're growing at a tremendous rate; and, need more qualified, smart, energetic, engaging and talented folks - so, come on!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team members; keep pushing us and pulling us to be our very best! Please continue to help us in becoming comfortable being uncomfortable!! THANK YOU!

"Client Associate"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AWESOME work environment! Free catered food every day, collaborative and 'young' office setting. Really invested into teaching you what you need to know in order to succeed. Unlimited growth opportunity - I know a few individuals that have been here around a year exploring new areas of the business!

Cons

Sometimes work late because of busy season, but I don't know any career where you are not expected to put in the time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Yall are doing a great job and I am happy to be here!

"Best in the industry!"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company gives you the opportunity to create your own path. Me and several of my friends/coworkers at the company started in an entry level position and have been able to work our way up. We are lucky to work with amazing clients that are changing the world.

Cons

Don't believe the negative review, they are written by competitors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing as you guide us to the next level! Your support allows us to focus on serving our clients!

"Truly a place where you control your destiny"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not only have I never worked at a company like alliantgroup, I have never seen another company operate at such a high level. This is a company that you control your future. The sky is the limit here and my coworkers are like my extended family. We work hard here. We have a mission to help American businesses. This is not a job or a career, it really is a mission. That mission requires people to be passionate and engaged and excited. Why would you want a career that asked anything less?

Cons

I honestly can't think of any for those of us that are really passionate about their futures.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Our passion and our reach grows everyday!

"Great place for a motivated professional to develop valuable skills!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been promoted 6 times and worked in 2 different departments during my time here! And all of this was possible because every step of the way, my various managers believed and invested in me. Investment is the top core value at alliantgroup and they don’t just say it, they live it. Our CEO personally took an active interest in my professional development and I have seen him and others on the Management Team do the same for countless others here at alliantgroup.
    I also love the unique challenges that each of our clients presents! No 2 clients are alike and no 2 projects are alike. This means you must understand your client and their unique needs, what drives them, what specific fears and uncertainties might be stopping them, and how they have overcome those hurdles. Each project presents a great learning opportunity which keeps the work fresh and interesting every day.
    I get to work with some of the brightest minds that I have ever met! Because of the company’s culture of investment and professional growth, you find yourself surrounded by teams of professionals that are incredibly smart, driven, and high performing that I genuinely love working with. There’s nothing better than working on a team with the best of the best!

Cons

The hours can get long during tax season and the workload can be difficult. Not everyone is cut out for the demands and pressures that accompanies a career in professional services with strict deadlines.

Some of the training programs can be better developed.

"A workplace that is my extended family!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is so amazing!! From day one, I have felt like I was family and not just a number which was so important to me. Contributing to our success, believing in what we do and building relationships with our clients has always been a priority to me and alliantgroup has allotted me that opportunity. I love that I am surrounded by people that are as passionate as I am about what we can do to strengthen American businesses.
    I’ve appreciated that as we have grown, management’s door has always been open, they have listened when I needed them, allowed me to try new things and helped me to grow by providing constant training, education and the tools to be successful in my position. They appreciate their family and I feel so very lucky to be here.

Cons

For some people, learning to deal with different hours every day could pose a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep your hand's on approach, it works!

"Clock in; Click out -- not here ."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, lots of exposure to different things, established career paths, trusted managers and team mates

Cons

This is a high performance culture; a meritocracy; results are rewarded; collaboration, transparency and investment are minimal expectations. People who operate under the Core Values consistently get promoted into leadership roles. Those who work to improve the Company, the team and him/herself, stand out and are elevated within the organization. People who behave like owners and not renters become high performers. The culture is refreshingly open and honest. We are here to serve clients and that means we are not clocking in and out. People who truly care will go above and beyond themselves and encourage others to do the same.

Advice to Management

We're growing fast; let's not compromise on expectations and remaining tried and true to the culture.

"Are YOU the right fit?"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To be honest, I would not recommend working here to anyone and everyone. There are people who are better suited to mediocrity, who would like to work in a non dynamic environment and who do not enjoy being challenged in the least.

If that is you, don't bother applying and don't bother wasting everyone's time in working for alliantgroup. You'll end up on here with a negative review because you didn't care to admit to yourself what you were truly looking for - a job and not a career.

However, I enjoy surrounding myself with smart, engaging and passionate people. Individuals who want to make a difference, who don't mind working hard to help businesses while making a great living for themselves and their families.

If you love to work in a fun and challenging environment, want somewhere you can really grow...and have perks that include free lunches, onsite nutritionist/gym, insurance, and movie nights, etc... then you'd be a good fit.

Cons

See above. I think the pros and cons are different to different people. A boring and unchallenging environment is a con to me, personally. However, there are plenty of people who are looking for a mind numbing job and environment. To those individuals, go elsewhere.
    To you smart and dynamic people who are looking to be passionate about what you do, you'll love it at alliantgroup.

Advice to Management

Disregard the naysayers, not everyone is going to be a good fit. Keep up with the constant improvements and the continuous additions of perks for the rest of us.

"Thriving, supportive, positve environment"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Opportunity to work with the best companies in America to help them invest back in their businesses.
    - Unlimited growth opportunity within the company to develop your skills
    - Clearly defined mission, goals, and objectives
    - Atmosphere that rewards collaboration to achieve goals
    - Management structure & team that is supportive and challenges you to be and do your best
    - Opportunity to postively impact the community through organized activies
    - Unlimited income potential
    - Family atmosphere that encourages and supports working moms and dads (I'm a working mom and know this from first hand experience!)

Cons

- Company is growing so fast it's hard to personally know everyone

Advice to Management

Continue the unbelievable investment you have already made in developing people and contributing to creating jobs in America

"They literally asked us to write "honest" Glassdoor reviews"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Free catered lunch with minimal health value, a tiny gym open at all hours but you can only use it before 8:30a or after 6:30p if you're not "blue a elite", lots of free beer and wine during company happy hours and events, and some of the nicest and most intelligent coworkers you'll ever have. Seriously, there are some incredibly smart engineers, lawyers, and individuals with PhDs working here.

Cons

They wanted an honest review, so here it is. HR. I mean "talent," because that's what they renamed themselves and we don't have an actual HR group anymore because they focus most of their time on hiring and trying to retain disgruntled employees... anyways, they reach out to people that appear to love the company and beg them to write 5 star reviews. All 5 star reviews are fake. Please realize this. I'm convinced people make multiple Glassdoor accounts to just keep posting high reviews to try to save their awful rating.

I originally was going to title this review as "you're now a brother/sister of alliantgroup fraternity" but I thought it was better to inform everyone that they beg you from the inside to post 5 star reviews because it's that bad. On your first day, you're herded like cattle into the shiny elevator where you emerge on the 20th floor to walk through a tunnel of excited new coworkers utilizing noisemakers to welcome you into your new fraternity that you just sold your soul to. They paint you a very pretty picture to sign your life away, showing you a beautiful oasis. but all it is, is an oasis. If you've had a job before and were laid off or fresh out of college and can't find a job... walk away now and save your sanity. I know what you're thinking, "Wow, they'll pay me a lot of money to get awesome work experience while I continue to look for another job." Think again. After you're there over 10 hours each day (make it 12+ during the 5 month long tax seasons you cannot take PTO during), you have no time or energy to apply for other jobs that you're actually passionate about. There will be moments where you'll love the place, like a great client experience or a good interaction with your coworkers, but that thought will always quickly change when you realize you're undervalued and not treated as a person, more as a cog in the wheel.

They believe in a raving fan mission, which is great, they really want their clients to have a great experience. This should show you right here that this job is basically a sales role - through every client interaction, you're preached to "add value" to try and retain clients. They hold "Raving Fan Rows" where they force you to cold call your clients, regardless of where you are in the study process, to badger and beg them to write a testimonial letter or refer their friends. Again, this job is heavy on a salesman persona, so if that's not you, you will not be comfortable in this role.

Have you read the Houston chronicle articles about the sexual harassment and daily occurrences at this place? It's all true. Every single word. As you can see, former employees AND many current employees dislike this place enough to sell news to the media to expose the wrongdoings on the inside. You'll find during your time here, the only happy people are the ones with no outside life and practically live inside the big blue A's walls.

They love to hold their culture against you and stifle your promotions if you're not "culturally aligned." I watch ill equipped people gain and maintain positions they're not qualified for simply because they live, eat, breathe this company. Being culturally aligned includes drinking beer during working hours with your coworkers at work. being forced to interact with coworkers while still working on client files. Being culturally aligned requires you to spend much more time at work outside of the ridiculously required 50 hours for a salary job (yes it's literally a minimum of 50 hours per week for a straight salary position). Do the math. We work 20% more than normal 40 hour/week people, so your salary is really 20% less in that respect. Anytime your coworkers organize a team function or a hang out, you better be there, regardless of what you have going on at home, because they'll hold it against you later and make you feel inferior because you have a family or hobbies at home.

You'll question ethics and morals here. It might take a while, but it will happen. You're given incentives like half days and bonuses to over-bill clients and you'll find some of your coworkers hoard billable work for themselves, or even worse, bill to clients and tasks they never actually worked on.

Sure, if you're a young, fresh twenty something that's single and have minimal friends or outside interests, you might love this place. It'll feel like a warm embrace with all of these 22-27 year olds trying to carry a company. You'll see high up managers taking vacations with people they oversee. Professional, eh? You can even go hang out with C-level management at Cle and be set for life. However, if you're a self-respecting person, regardless of age, you'll hate every minute of your time here. Say goodbye to your family when you leave your house Monday morning because you won't get to spend time with them again until late Friday night. You'll literally be "working for the weekend."

PTO - yes, you get 15 days to start, but you better have your phone with company e-mail or your computer on you at all times because they force you to be available to your clients at all times. Automatic out of office replies are not allowed (this was told to me once and I received a text message asking me to remove it), but it's becoming more commonplace now. Rules like this, like many others, are not written down anywhere and cannot be validated and fluctuate across different teams. You can't take PTO during spring (February through mid-April) and fall (August through mid-October) tax seasons anyways.

When you read reviews about people crying and feeling worthless, believe it, because I've felt it. I've gone and taken a half hour nap in my car because I've been utterly exhausted from working, I've cried on the bathroom floor, I've cried in conference rooms, I've walked to the water wall and literally contemplated my existence... it's not a healthy environment. My mental health and self-worth deteriorated during my tenure here. Even on the days that I love my job and I feel so much support from coworkers, you're utterly overworked here and are slowly wasting away. You'll see 28 year old people who have only worked here a few years with bags under their eyes every day and slowly forming wrinkles. I am not joking. Everything in here is true.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices and get to know the people making you money. One of my managers didn't even know my name for months and has still to this day never had a real conversation with me unless I marched into the person's office myself to share information or ask for help