alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated August 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

1. "The Opportunities are Endless"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I have been working at the company for more than a year and a half and love each and every day. The sky is the limit with the opportunities and they will greatly reward those who put in the work! Each day provides you with new opportunities to learn about companies from all around the country and new innovative products and ideas that people are developing.

It is also very rewarding to work for a company who is helping put money back in the hands of small to medium sized businesses. Our clients are so appreciative of the tax incentives we identify and it is amazing to hear the stories about jobs being saved by the work that we are doing.

Cons

The hours during tax season can be long but the hard work is definitely rewarded and the days typically fly by.

2. "Take Control of Your Career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Tax Controversy Services in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a company that offers unlimited opportunities for growth and development. It is not uncommon to start in one position, and a year later, be in a completely different department. They try to cultivate the attributes of each employee and put them in a position to succeed and add value to the firm. There are also a lot of perks at the company such as frequent happy hours, bonus incentives, dinners with management, and for the elite performers...all expenses paid trips around the country! But the best pro at alliantgroup are the people. When I started, I said that I was not there to make friends, but to make money. Well at alliantgroup, the two go hand and hand!!

Cons

Some people elevate into management too fast. An employee may be great at managing him/herself, but not as effective managing a team of their peers. However, I will say that the management experience you get on a daily basis is like nothing else you will experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire ambitious and driven people who take initiative. However, understand that everyone will not enjoy tax. For many employees this is their first "real" job. So extra attention and mentorship needs to be in place to help them maximize their potential.

"Love waking up and going to work, amazing work environment, great job growth opportunities."

Current Employee - Senior Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What i love about alliantgroup is that it can enhance your talents and take them to the next level. My background is in architecture with a focus in sustainability. Working in different architecture firms, I wasn't able to use my talents to the fullest capacity. Once I began working in alliantgroup I saw immediate results finding tax deductions for several clients all over the country who work on energy efficient buildings. Now I am helping our economy, the environment, and architecture as we know it. In my eyes alliantgroup has been a blessing to myself, my passion, and my future.

Cons

I honestly cannot say one bad thing about this company, it is the best job I have ever had in my career.

Advice to Management

I have very minimal advice. Since I believe we have a great upper management, but I think if we focus a bit more on setting clear expectations, coaching individuals to improve their performance as well as their professional development, and prepare for the unexpected I think it will be a great way to manage the company.

"Take control of your career!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You really do hold your career in your hands! You will be given as much work and responsibility as you want and can handle, and you will have ample opportunities to advance. In fact, your opportunities for advancement are much more available than in almost any other work place. Your hard work will be recognized. The training group and management give you all of the tools you need to excel, and there truly is an open door policy anytime you have a question. Any time you have questions or concerns, management is always available. On top of that, you get to work with a diverse group of talented, intelligent, and interesting professionals on a daily basis.

Cons

The hours can be long at times and the deadlines can stack up, but you are never alone in working through these challenges. While working long hours, typically during tax season, your comrades are there with you working and building camaraderie. You receive lots of project management training to help manage deadlines. Plus, if you ever get too bogged down, all you have to do is raise your hand and ask for help.

"Amazing opportunity at an elite client service focused firm"

Current Employee - Tax Controversy in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Controversy in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a results oriented company. If you are the sort who comes into a career with positive energy, and an attitude that you are going to ascend and compete, and the expectation that you will be compensated well for it, this company is a great fit.

alliantgroup expends tremendous resources on new employees, teaching them highly marketable skills.

The sense of accomplishment I feel in this work vastly exceeds any experience I have had elsewhere in the nearly 15 years I have spent in the legal field. I use legal skills and training, but in a fun cooperative environment that is unlike any law firm I have ever seen.

The growth of the company has been exceptional, and it still feels like we are on the ground floor!

The company is committed to giving its employees an "on campus" experience, with creative perks that range from happy hours, parties, and gift cards to trips, and large results based bonuses.

Leadership is accessible, and engaged in a way that is unheard of in a company this size. The time they spend personally, teaching others principals of leadership and management is one of the things that makes this company great.

Cons

alliantgroup is not for everyone. Client service is a commitment, and those who are just looking for a place to blend in, or who tend to have a negative outlook, will not do well here. Emphasis is placed on performance, ownership, and accountability.

Teamwork is important here, so folks do what it takes to get the job done, while expecting the same of their peers.

"client service, teamwork, professionalism, intelligence, and collaboration"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities are endless here. A true place to establish a long-term career.

Cons

It takes passion to succeed.

"An amazing work environment, great energy, and excellent focus on client service!!!!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a place that recognizes hard work, perseverance, dedication and potential. Leadership is extremely keen on working with employees to grow and develop as a professional.The potential to excel is limitless. The job is extremely interesting and every day you get to learn something new. Additionally, alliantgroup is a true meritocracy, and high performance is encouraged!!! Shout-outs to folks that rise above the rest are an every day occurrence!!!

Cons

None. This is a place for people that want to rise above the rest!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"The work is worth it!"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Competitive base salary along with a substantial bonus structure
    -NEW BUILDING!!
    -Paid lunch daily
    -Free soda machines
    -Perks and incentives
    -Promotions from within
    -Opportunity for growth

This company is doing AMAZING things! Although the hours are a little longer than normal, the work is completely worth it. What you put into it is what you will get out of it and there is constant encouragement along the way from colleagues, Senior Management and even the CEO and COO. It is a very young, fast paced, high performance environment with an amazing opportunity for success.

Cons

-The hours are a little longer but this is also a pro because you don't have to sit in traffic when you leave.

Other than that, I really don't have any.

Advice to Management

I have been with alliantgroup for less than a year but my experience thus far has been rewarding! Without our Senior Management, this company would not be where it is today. They work harder than any Manager or Director I have ever had and they really go out of their way to treat employees with respect and prove to their employees that they care. If meetings are scheduled after hours, they go out of their way to make it fun and the free dinner is a nice bonus as well!

One of my favorite things is that they are honest during the interview process. They will tell you up front that this company and culture is not for everyone but if you are driven and passionate about your career, then this is the place for you to grow and create your own success!

Thank you for all you do for your employees and this company. We would not be where we are today without the dedication and passion you all have for alliantgroup!

"Amazing company with truly incredible people"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing and talented people. Result-oriented culture that rewards those that break the mold and challenge the status quo. The passion for client service, passion for growth and team-based environment gives alliantgroup an incredible edge. There are clear expectations, performance planning and feedback and coaching for those that have the commitment, perseverance, and hunger to succeed!

Cons

There are no cons to share.

Advice to Management

Management does an great job of investing in its people. Management coaches, molds, and inspires - keep it up!

"Rewarded for rewarding work."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a challenging, fast-paced, highly rewarding environment. I get the opportunity to find America's small and mid-sized businesses much needed tax refunds for them and, boy, are they grateful. I have had heard business after business tell me: "Thank you. We are really grateful for alliantgroup's effort because it allowed us hire additional employees or buy a new piece of equipment that is essential to our company's continues growth and success" And, it feels really good to hear how grateful these companies are. There aren't many companies out there that serve the heartbeat of the American economy, its small and mid-sized businesses; but alliantgroup is one that does so admirably. It is incredibly rewarding work.

While working here I found that my effort has never gone without being rewarded by alliantgroup. It is a true meritocracy! I have shown the aptitude and ability to excel at this company and I keep getting rewarded in different ways - raises, performance-based bonuses, discretionary bonuses, all-expense paid trips, gift certificates, and other perks.

This is the only company I have worked for that truly appreciate and cares for its employees. they cater food daily for lunch, provide health and dental care to all of its employees, and has hired a Director of Health and Wellness to educate its employees on fitness and nutrition, put on optional fitness classes, coordinate running/walking groups, etc..

I couldn't be happier!

Cons

The continued construction in our new building can be distracting.

Advice to Management

Please continue to take care of and reward your employees.