alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated June 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 38 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 47 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 24 reviews)

"Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Each year I work at alliantgroup I learn so much and have more and more fun! The best and the brightest people work here and the work we do is so meaningful. If you like a challenging, faced paced environment with unlimited ability to advance, alliantgroup is the place for you.

Cons

There is a long period of training for new hires which can make them a little impatient waiting to be given client facing responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Don't stop pushing and challenging your people to be the best.

"Perfect for Someone Looking to Grow"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the right kind of person. If you are looking for an environment that is going to challenge you to be the best professional that you can be, this is the right place for you.

Management is fantastic and constantly looks for new ways to invest in company personnel. The team leads are genuinely interested in developing their team members and are willing to "get in the trenches" with you.

Dhaval, the CEO, is brilliant and an all around good human-being. He genuinely cares about the development of people and has an open door policy.

If you have a "type A" personality, you will thrive here. The culture is performance focused and not on tenure, so the right kind of person can have a huge impact in a relatively short time.

Cons

As a tax consulting firm, you will have to deal with some long work days during (timely and extended) tax seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to invest in employees and the community. Provide more opportunities for teams to collaborate with each other.

"alliantgroup - best professional services firm in the world"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here for over 10 years and I can absolutely tell you there is no better professional services firm in the world. Each and every day, we work on helping US businesses and the US workforce/economy claim incentives they deserve and add much needed US jobs. At alliantgroup, we put our investment in our people first. There is a culture of absolute transparency and the sky is the limit as far as how well you can do here. I wish I had found alliantgroup a lot sooner in my career!

Cons

None noted. Nothing worth achieving comes easy. If you are all about helping the US while building an amazing career and working with an amazing group of people, then alliantgroup is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Love the investment in your people. Amazing job Mr. Jadav in leading us!

"Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is an amazing coming to work for and gives you endless opportunities. In the few years I have been with the company, I have grown immensely. I was so micromanaged at my last job that I could not experience the power of a boss having trust in your decisions. This company has strong core values that allow you to not have a manage someone's every move.

I have had several jobs before this one and have never had a CEO who wants to have personal meeting with so many people a daily. If you have a concern or need his help he will make time on his calendar to sit and talk with you.

The CEO and the rest of upper management care so much about the success of every employees and their families. We have several events that based around family and friends. alliantgroup rented a whole water park for all employees and their families, bring your child to work day, cooking classes with spouses, fun runs and elaborate holiday parties.

Not only does the CEO care about his employees, he cares so much about giving back to the youth of Houston. A few examples of the charitable work alliantgroup has done, Habitat for Humanity, giving school supplies for the year to under privileged children at a local school. volunteered at Ronald McDonald and most recent has offered several $10,000 college scholarships for STEM students.

I will agree that it is not the right company for everyone. If you don't want to challenged and pushed to be a better version of yourself, then don't work here.

Cons

We give a lot of chances because of the investment we have in our people. The problem is we want them to succeed more than they do.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing all of us to be better and better. Hire more of the right people who believe in our culture and want to make it stronger.

"Read the latest news reports on this company!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fact that I don't work there anymore. The fact that someone finally published what really goes on at this company.

Cons

Be sure to read the latest news report regarding the actions of the CEO. Buyer beware. It's all true. It's the same behavior and "culture" that gets trickled down.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what the article says.

"Fresh Out Of College: DON'T WORK HERE"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food and a cool building

Cons

Where do I start!

The hours are ridiculous, and you aren't allowed to leave the building. This is why they provide lunch so you cannot leave. When you are done with your work, you aren't allowed to leave until everyone is done. So that ends up being around 9pm every night. The management style is atrocious. They may say "we love your feedback and professional opinion!" but they really don't. This place is a cult and if you do not drink the coolaid and act like you love it they will push you out and force you to quit.
    It's cruel to new graduates, because they think this is a great opportunity and they don't leave even though they are miserable because they need experience. That's why their culture is so young and their turnover is extremely high. Ask any recruiting or staffing firm in Houston. Trust me, there are better opportunities, even if they don't pay as much. You couldn't pay me enough to go back there.

Advice to Management

After being in the workforce for 10+ years and working in clothing stores, restaurants, terrible college jobs to pay for the bare expenses, this is still the WORST place I have ever worked.
    Advice: treat your people like human beings and not tools to benefit your paycheck.

"You do the math"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO hit with sexual harassment lawsuit - maybe some change will come from this. Highly unlikely.

I did meet some great people during my time here though.

Cons

If you want work PTSD, get a job here. Clearly, they are asking people to write favorable reviews given the recent news. And, I know for a fact they do this because I was asked to do so. It's unfortunate that the management is such a joke here because it could be a great place and company. People talk about a great culture - but what they really mean is unprofessional. Anyone that has a positive review or outlook are merely trying to keep their jobs. The negative posts are true as far as hours, cliques, fraternity, and so on. It is really like a high school nightmare. Never have I encountered executives that care so much about personal issues with employees...not to mention it isn't their business or professional. If they didn't spend the time they do getting into people's business, maybe they could run a business with employees that are happy and like going to work. It's like they are trying to prove themselves and need a constant ego boost, and that's why they hire us. Bottom line, if you want to work for managers that live and breathe this place and have no values, go for it. Be prepared to work all the time and spend any free time with co-workers.

Advice to Management

Go to therapy, seriously. Mismanagement is more representative of what you are. Don't fool yourself - we all know the keywords to say and what to do in order to keep our jobs...it's not how we actually feel.

PS - people who are truly respected never ask for it.

"Avoid this place PLEASE!"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

The pay is honestly the only positive about this company. They are definitely willing to pay you what you feel you're worth.

Cons

This by far is the worst company to work for. They have a tremendous high turnover rate. They are very good at what they do with fooling you with their core values and making you to believe that they are all for "investing" in their employees and thrive off of a "transparent" culture. The money may be good but no money is worth taking for exchange for your life. They expect you to commit your entire life to their organization and question you when you leave work ON TIME or leave the office for lunch. I worked in the HR department and you would think the people who do the hiring and recruitment would be a people oriented group but it's unfortunate that this is not the case. The culture is very clickish and if you do not have that "embedded DNA" that they are looking for, you will NOT make it. They pick and choose who they want to "invest" in developing, it is definitely not all across the board. It is impossible to be the "high performer" they rave about in their core values. If you are not kissing butt and playing the game you are doomed. Avoid this place PLEASE!

Advice to Management

Do away with some of your directors and associate directors. They are a complete joke when it comes to ethical practices.

"Project associate"

Former Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits. Lunch is catered every single day and there is an on site gym that is available to all employees.

Cons

Long hours, mostly stuck at a computer. Do not stand behind their core values and put people in management positions that do not belong in that role.

Advice to Management

Have a better system for learning and development, listen to candidates with respect to who gets promoted.

"Amazing Opportunity for the Right Personality"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at alliantgroup has been filled with ups and downs – struggles, setbacks, and growing pains – but I am extremely grateful for everything this company has provided for me.

This company and the various roles I’ve fulfilled have shaped me into the person I am today. Having previously been employed as an engineer with a Fortune 100 company, I can truly say the amount of knowledge, skill, and character development I have acquired are unlike anything I would have imagined. Since my time here, my mentality and overall focus has gone through several different iterations – all of which ultimately prove to be an evolution for the better.

I’ve grown as an individual, a leader, a student, and professional.

While all of the above are what keep me here and make me happy, I realize others may need something a bit more tangible to measure a prospective employer.

+ Excellent benefits (highly competitive salary, 401K match, great PTO allotment)
    + Challenging & rewarding work environment
    + Fantastic upward mobility and truly limitless potential

Cons

As you’ll probably hear time and time again, this job is not for everyone. I cannot emphasize that enough. To better understand what I mean, let me describe myself:

I’m a young (mid-20s) male, competitive to the core, extrovert, and an absolute workaholic. I’m also very resilient and am highly adaptable/teachable. Also, I’m not married.

And look, I understand people will say this job “drains you” or leaves “no room for a social life”. Social life? What else are you doing at 7 PM on a Wednesday night, watching re-runs of the Big Bang Theory?

My point is – my circumstances and environment allow me to invest a lot into my career. And because of that, I’ve found a company whose culture I thrive in.

The turnover at this company is high for a reason – people half-halfheartedly take a chance on a job they know deep down is not for them.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with prospective employees about the work-life balance. I understand it's a delicate line to walk, in that you don't want to scare away a potential new-hire too early, but you're not doing anyone a favor by not being completely 100% forthcoming about the demands of the company.

Catered dinners all year round for those staying past 7 PM. If there are employees here working, it seems fair to provide dinner.

Keep the culture strong. In growing so fast, it's a challenge to maintain the same recipe without anything getting diluted or lost in translation.