alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated May 22, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 33 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Consistent long hours year round (in 48 reviews)

"Fantastic Experience"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the fast paced environment where you get to work with the best of the best in the industry for small to mid-sized businesses that are the backbone of the US economy. It isn't everyday you find a more intelligent, capable, and motivated group of co-workers that is willing to do what it takes to provide A++ client service.

On top of all of that, the Company truly cares for its employees with meals/snacks (which include many healthy options), a robust wellness program with weekly classes and an in-office gym.

I have never seen a company find so many ways to rewards its employees for their high performance.

Cons

This is a fast-paced environment that may not be for everybody.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your transparency and support.

"Are you looking for something longterm?"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Houston, TX

Pros

Never a dull moment- you are always learning, growing and being challenged to be the best you can be. It is an engaging culture where you can see the results of your hard work impacting our economy and the greater good of our country.

Cons

It is not a job- it is a career. If you are looking for something to just pay the bills, then this is not the place for you. If you don't like to be challenged, then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing your employees and providing them the tools to grow in their profession and feel like they are a part of something great.

"Simple Decision: a Job or a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than 3 years)

Pros

Come here to get behind a mission, work with purpose, and develop as a professional. A high performance culture means that only the highest caliber professionals will thrive. To compete on a national stage at the level we do, we have to be vigilant and demand your very best. Simply put, its not for everyone. Only come here if you are serious about your career and want to be rewarded for the work you do, the passion you bring, and the inspiration you instill in others. That's it. Simple. If you prefer to put your headphones on and your head down, work remotely, and leave well enough alone, this will not be the best environment for you. We need smart, vibrant, urgent-acting folks with a will to not only succeed, but influence others to succeed as well.

I work with some of the brightest men and women I ever have in my entire career - folks of all ages, with families. alliantgroup has an excellent wellness program with health insurance that is geared for families, a free gym with nightly spin, yoga and circuit training classes, and, yes, free lunches. There is more - philanthropic outreach programs, extra days off for high-performers, spot bonuses, company-wide shout-outs, team outing events to restaurants, TopGolf, Paintball, Elite Houston Social Events, etc. However, if this is the only thing that attracts you to alliantgroup then it is not going to be a fit for you.

My ask for anyone joining our firm is that you believe your potential is limitless and are willing to work hard in a meritocratic environment alongside some of the best people in the industry. The rest is just icing on the cake. Come here in that mindset, and you absolutely will be successful - I've seen it over and over again.

Cons

The only true cons are none but superficial - building management can be annoying, our company growth creates constant shuffling in the office as team spaces adjust and grow - more of an inconvenience than anything else. Lunch can sometimes be cold, or the caterer can mistake the order and come up short some days. Come on now, who cares. Don't let that be your guiding light in the selection of your career.

"Sweatshop gilded in the facade of customer service"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need a job, then this is a job. They offer money in exchange for all of your time and a chunk of your soul.

Cons

First of all, the Company tries to sell this job in a number of creative ways. At the end of the day you are going to be a consultant. Your job is to crunch through tax calculations. Lawyers, unless they are hiring you for TCS, avoid this place like the plague.

Really the biggest con of all is the CRA department. They literally hired a floor of women (they have never hired a man for this position), whose sole job is to annoy you and pretend that good customer service means being at their beck and call. The position is redundant, and they make your life miserable. I have never hated anything as much as I hate the CRAs.

The other major con is the unethical billing practices. My last review got taken down (for going into too much detail), but especially if you are a lawyer, you are going to be asked to bill upwards of 100 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Fire all the CRA's and take an ethics course.

"Be the BEST!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make a career here and quickly! It would take my friends at law firms, oil & gas companies, etc...30-40 years to accomplish all that I have been able to here in 3 years. I am surrounded by smart, driven, successful individuals who push me to be the best.

Cons

If you want a JOB this isn't for you but if you want your work to make a difference, to mean something then this is for you! I

Advice to Management

Keep developing leaders, continue to push us to be the best versions of ourselves, and keep us actively engaged every minute of every day!

"Folex, knock-off. Cheap college labor for a premium to clients"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing to brag about. Average.

Cons

They want to be known to client's as the Nortstrom's of tax consulting firms, however being an insider they are described as a knock off cheap imitation - not a Rolex, but a Folex.

The most incompetent uneducated people in my career, who have no real world experience since it is there first job out of college.

From the managing directors to the specialists - they are mediocre at best.

The leadership is very childish and probably the reason they did not go public is because the board of directors would have to fire the owners day 1 of going public.

This is a 'atta boy" club. I watch as those who are incompetent have a job because it is all about who you know here. A major double standard exists.

HR is so poorly run. This is how a department leads from behind - no leadership.

There CORE values are as good as toilet paper.

Bottom line, I don't recommend this company and this is coming from an insider. Turn-over is very high about 1 one person (fired/quit) every 2-3 weeks. Not sure if they have a firing quota that they try to meet.

Advice to Management

Grow up. After 10 years of existence you finally decide to create a career path, employer evaluation, and basic business goals - this is pathetic. HR is asleep at the wheel.

After 10 years of existence, still have no budgets in our departments. How does a department run without monitoring and maintaining a budget? This is business 101 - finance is a joke and rules by intimidation.

"Work with the best to be the best"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to join alliantgroup after a very successful 20+ year career in another industry. I have now been with alliantgroup 3.5 years. Joining alliantgroup is the best decision I have made in my professional career. I have worked in boutique firms and multi-billion dollar firms, but until I joined alliantgroup, never had I worked at a firm so focused on being the ABSOULTE BEST at what they do, both for the external clients they serve and the internal employee.
    With alliantgroup, everyday I have the opportunity to serve American businesses in the best possible way, helping them grow their businesses, hire more workers and invest in the American economy.
    With alliantgroup. everyday I get to work with the best and brightest professionals, all focused with the same commitment to serve our clients with a relentless dedication to excellence.
    With alliantgroup, everyday employees are recognized for their hard work. This recognition goes beyond a "pat on the back", it includes, rewards, benefits, dinners, parties, trips, bonuses, and lucrative compensation packages.
    All employees are encouraged to share feedback, collaborate, take ownership of their work, and grow with the company. The only ceilings to growth are the ones you build yourself.
    It is incredibly rewarding to work in an organization where so many intelligent, driving, ethical people, from the CEO to the data entry person are laser-focused on helping American business and each other be the best we can be.

Cons

You HAVE to have a passion for helping others and a commitment to excellence in the work you do. If you want to produce at a minimum level, clock-in-clock-out, alliantgroup is not the right place for you. We have to work to our client's deadlines, so working with accuracy and urgency in always necessary.

Advice to Management

Thank you for pulling the best out of each of us and allowing us to impact American Business. Don't take your foot off the accelerator!

"Long term employee"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for alliantgroup for over 10 years. Alliantgroup has provided me with unlimited opportunities. I have been able to advance professionally in ways no other employer could ever provide.

Cons

There is a learning curve for the 1st 6 months or so, but they offer tons of support durning your growth at the firm

"Senior Associate Director"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

Pros

Great place to work alongside like-minded, high-energy, competitive professionals! I recommend to all of my friends who are driven and want to work at a place that continuously pushes its employees to be the best.

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Great management who is invested in growing its people!

"Rewarding!!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for over 2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes (which no one really knows coming in), so much industry knowledge, but also what it takes to grow your career and utilize your resources. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize them in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free semi - healthy lunch every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions, we have golf tournaments, trips to California

Cons

Sometimes you may have to work longer hours during tax season and there is a black out season where you cannot take off (different for each department), but they will always make exceptions especially for weddings ect. We are growing really fast so the training is continuing to get better so always know you can make an impact on your input there.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!