alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated November 17, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch until you realize it's because they expect you to work during lunch or schedule meetings during lunch (in 47 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!

alliantgroup:
    • Invests in its employees.
    • Cares about its clients.
    • Cares about its employee’s wellbeing.
    • Challenges employees to grow.
    • Provides the chance to work with many different industries across the US.
    • Has fitness programs and trainings every week (circuit training, yoga, spin, boot camp etc).
    • Has a gym in the office.
    • Has great lunches catered every day.
    • Has great coffee machines on every floor.
    • Works in a team environment.

I've formed strong friendships with team members and coworkers. I've also found the culture to promote my growth on personal and professional levels.

Bottom line - alliantgroup is a big family, full of energy, and passion about what we do. Our success is due to the culture created by our founders Dhaval Jadav and Shane Frank. It's a special work environment to come to every day.

Cons

Galleria traffic near the office.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture! The alliantgroup family is strong.

"Truly a place where you control your destiny"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not only have I never worked at a company like alliantgroup, I have never seen another company operate at such a high level. This is a company that you control your future. The sky is the limit here and my coworkers are like my extended family. We work hard here. We have a mission to help American businesses. This is not a job or a career, it really is a mission. That mission requires people to be passionate and engaged and excited. Why would you want a career that asked anything less?

Cons

I honestly can't think of any for those of us that are really passionate about their futures.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Our passion and our reach grows everyday!

"Client Associate"

Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Client Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AWESOME work environment! Free catered food every day, collaborative and 'young' office setting. Really invested into teaching you what you need to know in order to succeed. Unlimited growth opportunity - I know a few individuals that have been here around a year exploring new areas of the business!

Cons

Sometimes work late because of busy season, but I don't know any career where you are not expected to put in the time

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those around you! Yall are doing a great job and I am happy to be here!

"Director"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Having worked at alliantgroup eight years I've had the pleasure of working with the most amazing and talented people. They work diligently everyday to bring enormous value to our clients so those same clients can reinvest in their companies and help make U.S. business stronger. alliantgroup has assembled talented people and invests in them in every way possible. It amazes me that the few people who have been unhappy here can't just get another job and move on. They really must feel they are missing out to spend all their time trying to bash alliantgroup . It is very odd indeed and not worth reading the silly negatives they are dreaming up.
    If you are smart, talented and looking for an opportunity for an amazing career then I hope you are able join our team and grow with us.

Cons

I look forward to being here every day. If there areas I see that we can improve, I share them with management ( people that truly listen) so we can keep getting better and improving our best practices.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership.

"Thriving, supportive, positve environment"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Opportunity to work with the best companies in America to help them invest back in their businesses.
    - Unlimited growth opportunity within the company to develop your skills
    - Clearly defined mission, goals, and objectives
    - Atmosphere that rewards collaboration to achieve goals
    - Management structure & team that is supportive and challenges you to be and do your best
    - Opportunity to postively impact the community through organized activies
    - Unlimited income potential
    - Family atmosphere that encourages and supports working moms and dads (I'm a working mom and know this from first hand experience!)

Cons

- Company is growing so fast it's hard to personally know everyone

Advice to Management

Continue the unbelievable investment you have already made in developing people and contributing to creating jobs in America

"Are YOU the right fit?"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

To be honest, I would not recommend working here to anyone and everyone. There are people who are better suited to mediocrity, who would like to work in a non dynamic environment and who do not enjoy being challenged in the least.

If that is you, don't bother applying and don't bother wasting everyone's time in working for alliantgroup. You'll end up on here with a negative review because you didn't care to admit to yourself what you were truly looking for - a job and not a career.

However, I enjoy surrounding myself with smart, engaging and passionate people. Individuals who want to make a difference, who don't mind working hard to help businesses while making a great living for themselves and their families.

If you love to work in a fun and challenging environment, want somewhere you can really grow...and have perks that include free lunches, onsite nutritionist/gym, insurance, and movie nights, etc... then you'd be a good fit.

Cons

See above. I think the pros and cons are different to different people. A boring and unchallenging environment is a con to me, personally. However, there are plenty of people who are looking for a mind numbing job and environment. To those individuals, go elsewhere.
    To you smart and dynamic people who are looking to be passionate about what you do, you'll love it at alliantgroup.

Advice to Management

Disregard the naysayers, not everyone is going to be a good fit. Keep up with the constant improvements and the continuous additions of perks for the rest of us.

"Perfect for Someone Looking to Grow"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for the right kind of person. If you are looking for an environment that is going to challenge you to be the best professional that you can be, this is the right place for you.

Management is fantastic and constantly looks for new ways to invest in company personnel. The team leads are genuinely interested in developing their team members and are willing to "get in the trenches" with you.

Dhaval, the CEO, is brilliant and an all around good human-being. He genuinely cares about the development of people and has an open door policy.

If you have a "type A" personality, you will thrive here. The culture is performance focused and not on tenure, so the right kind of person can have a huge impact in a relatively short time.

Cons

As a tax consulting firm, you will have to deal with some long work days during (timely and extended) tax seasons.

Advice to Management

Keep finding new ways to invest in employees and the community. Provide more opportunities for teams to collaborate with each other.

"They literally asked us to write "honest" Glassdoor reviews"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Free catered lunch with minimal health value, a tiny gym open at all hours but you can only use it before 8:30a or after 6:30p if you're not "blue a elite", lots of free beer and wine during company happy hours and events, and some of the nicest and most intelligent coworkers you'll ever have. Seriously, there are some incredibly smart engineers, lawyers, and individuals with PhDs working here.

Cons

They wanted an honest review, so here it is. HR. I mean "talent," because that's what they renamed themselves and we don't have an actual HR group anymore because they focus most of their time on hiring and trying to retain disgruntled employees... anyways, they reach out to people that appear to love the company and beg them to write 5 star reviews. All 5 star reviews are fake. Please realize this. I'm convinced people make multiple Glassdoor accounts to just keep posting high reviews to try to save their awful rating.

I originally was going to title this review as "you're now a brother/sister of alliantgroup fraternity" but I thought it was better to inform everyone that they beg you from the inside to post 5 star reviews because it's that bad. On your first day, you're herded like cattle into the shiny elevator where you emerge on the 20th floor to walk through a tunnel of excited new coworkers utilizing noisemakers to welcome you into your new fraternity that you just sold your soul to. They paint you a very pretty picture to sign your life away, showing you a beautiful oasis. but all it is, is an oasis. If you've had a job before and were laid off or fresh out of college and can't find a job... walk away now and save your sanity. I know what you're thinking, "Wow, they'll pay me a lot of money to get awesome work experience while I continue to look for another job." Think again. After you're there over 10 hours each day (make it 12+ during the 5 month long tax seasons you cannot take PTO during), you have no time or energy to apply for other jobs that you're actually passionate about. There will be moments where you'll love the place, like a great client experience or a good interaction with your coworkers, but that thought will always quickly change when you realize you're undervalued and not treated as a person, more as a cog in the wheel.

They believe in a raving fan mission, which is great, they really want their clients to have a great experience. This should show you right here that this job is basically a sales role - through every client interaction, you're preached to "add value" to try and retain clients. They hold "Raving Fan Rows" where they force you to cold call your clients, regardless of where you are in the study process, to badger and beg them to write a testimonial letter or refer their friends. Again, this job is heavy on a salesman persona, so if that's not you, you will not be comfortable in this role.

Have you read the Houston chronicle articles about the sexual harassment and daily occurrences at this place? It's all true. Every single word. As you can see, former employees AND many current employees dislike this place enough to sell news to the media to expose the wrongdoings on the inside. You'll find during your time here, the only happy people are the ones with no outside life and practically live inside the big blue A's walls.

They love to hold their culture against you and stifle your promotions if you're not "culturally aligned." I watch ill equipped people gain and maintain positions they're not qualified for simply because they live, eat, breathe this company. Being culturally aligned includes drinking beer during working hours with your coworkers at work. being forced to interact with coworkers while still working on client files. Being culturally aligned requires you to spend much more time at work outside of the ridiculously required 50 hours for a salary job (yes it's literally a minimum of 50 hours per week for a straight salary position). Do the math. We work 20% more than normal 40 hour/week people, so your salary is really 20% less in that respect. Anytime your coworkers organize a team function or a hang out, you better be there, regardless of what you have going on at home, because they'll hold it against you later and make you feel inferior because you have a family or hobbies at home.

You'll question ethics and morals here. It might take a while, but it will happen. You're given incentives like half days and bonuses to over-bill clients and you'll find some of your coworkers hoard billable work for themselves, or even worse, bill to clients and tasks they never actually worked on.

Sure, if you're a young, fresh twenty something that's single and have minimal friends or outside interests, you might love this place. It'll feel like a warm embrace with all of these 22-27 year olds trying to carry a company. You'll see high up managers taking vacations with people they oversee. Professional, eh? You can even go hang out with C-level management at Cle and be set for life. However, if you're a self-respecting person, regardless of age, you'll hate every minute of your time here. Say goodbye to your family when you leave your house Monday morning because you won't get to spend time with them again until late Friday night. You'll literally be "working for the weekend."

PTO - yes, you get 15 days to start, but you better have your phone with company e-mail or your computer on you at all times because they force you to be available to your clients at all times. Automatic out of office replies are not allowed (this was told to me once and I received a text message asking me to remove it), but it's becoming more commonplace now. Rules like this, like many others, are not written down anywhere and cannot be validated and fluctuate across different teams. You can't take PTO during spring (February through mid-April) and fall (August through mid-October) tax seasons anyways.

When you read reviews about people crying and feeling worthless, believe it, because I've felt it. I've gone and taken a half hour nap in my car because I've been utterly exhausted from working, I've cried on the bathroom floor, I've cried in conference rooms, I've walked to the water wall and literally contemplated my existence... it's not a healthy environment. My mental health and self-worth deteriorated during my tenure here. Even on the days that I love my job and I feel so much support from coworkers, you're utterly overworked here and are slowly wasting away. You'll see 28 year old people who have only worked here a few years with bags under their eyes every day and slowly forming wrinkles. I am not joking. Everything in here is true.

Advice to Management

Come out of your offices and get to know the people making you money. One of my managers didn't even know my name for months and has still to this day never had a real conversation with me unless I marched into the person's office myself to share information or ask for help

"Amazing Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for alliantgroup has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I feel extremely lucky to work for a company that has such a strong culture where high performance and investment are highly valued and rewarded. I am constantly being pushed and challenged with the ultimate goal of getting to the next level and I couldn't ask for a better support system. alliantgroup is definitely a place for a life long career and there are so many opportunities for success- whether that is within your own department, a different department, or through crafting a different role altogether. No thoughts or suggestions fall on deaf ears....transparency is encouraged and it allows for a very open and collaborative environment. We have a ton of fun here as well- it doesn't feel like work when you love who you work with and love what you do!

Cons

I can't say there are any major cons to working at alliantgroup!

"Misleading Work Environment"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Catered Lunch Everyday
    -Young Work Environment
    -Stepping Stone

Cons

-Long Hours
    -Cult Like Culture
    -No Work-Life Balance
    -Overworked
    -Management is a Joke

Advice to Management

Hire more people, understand workload of employees, pay better for the long hours required, and STOP posting fake reviews on this website