alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated January 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They'll sell you in on the perks -- free lunch and health benefits (in 49 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • There has to be a work life balance for a happy associate (in 55 reviews)

• absolutely no work life balance (in 28 reviews)

"Incredible Opportunity at a Dynamic, Growing Company"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a company full of young, energetic, and highly intelligent people. The people you will meet working here are one of the best things about alliantgroup. It is a very enjoyable work environment that makes you look forward to coming to work each day.

You will get what you put into alliantgroup. I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded. You will not find another job where it is so easy to advance even within your first year. The sky is the limit and the room for advancement is unprecedented due to the rapid growth of the company.

The work we do is rewarding, challenging, and different each day. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients in a lot of different industries. There are great opportunities to travel the country, but at your discretion and timing.

The benefits provided are unparalleled. Everyone works hard and alliantgroup constantly finds ways to give everyone the opportunity to mix in fun and excitement. This will include everything from company parties, happy hours, movie outings, and dinners. Lunch is catered in daily at no charge and during tax seasons, dinners are provided as well.

Cons

This is the not the work environment for everyone. This is a fast paced environment where high performers are sought and greatly rewarded. Those expecting to clock in, clock out, and do the bare minimum will not be successful. The hours can be long during the busy tax seasons, but the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that occur during this time is impressive. Management is always working to find ways to keep it fun and reward everyone for the extra time commitment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As we continue to grow, maintain the core principles that have made this such a great company to work for.

"Great high energy atmosphere with lots of opportunity and growth! Go-getters welcome."

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The nature of the work is complex and interesting – this is a fast paced work environment and every day presents new challenges and opportunities.

Your peers are successful, intelligent, and motivated. You will receive mentorship and guidance from upper level management since alliantgroup promotes an open-door policy. alliantgroup has assembled a unique Advisory Board which consists of former IRS Commissioners, Senators, Governors, and other high level executives – all of which visit the headquarters and you can connect with – talk about a great opportunity!

You are rewarded for hard work – vacations, catered meals, bonuses etc.

The skill set you develop here in such a short amount of time is incomparable to other firms. You are presented an opportunity to consult executives of Companies and their CPAs on how to effectively increase their bottom line – these executives will love you and alliantgroup rewards you for developing strong relationships with clients.

alliantgroup just moved into a new building that overlooks downtown Houston and the Galleria – lots of fun things happening! alliantgroup has implemented a new Wellness program – weekly runs, yoga classes, and nutritional classes as well as more healthy options offered for lunch.

Cons

Long hours during tax season – this is the nature of the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining a high performance culture and keep promoting personal and professional growth.

"Fast paced environment that encourages hard work and high energy!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly feel as if I learn something new every day. The work is always exciting and challenging. My colleagues are all smart, driven, and passionate. There is a culture of learning, accountability and teamwork. This is one place that I think is truly a meritocracy. Everyone is measured on the strength of their performance. Even after a few months, I felt that I was growing and strengthening my skill set. This is an excellent place to work if you enjoy pushing yourself.

work-life balance is certainly attainable if you prioritize it. We even have a Health & Wellness Director and numerous programs in place that encourage activity and stepping away from work for a bit.

Best of all, the management is incredibly supportive. I have never heard of another employer where the upper management will take time to personally help develop your skills, even as an entry level employee. If you show initiative and ask for guidance, you will not be refused. The opportunities for growth are huge here. I would recommend alliantgroup to any contacts who are hardworking, focused and looking to make a career.

Cons

This is not your typical 9-5 job. If you are looking for a boring desk job where you can surf the internet all day and have no real responsibilities, this is not the place for you. You will work long hours and late nights, however, I have never felt that my efforts have gone unnoticed or unrewarded.

"High Performance and Pro-active Attitudes Appreciated and Awarded"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The number one reason I enjoy working here is because the career opportunities are limitless. After only 4 months, I have already been promoted and am on my way to gaining even more experience and responsibilities. Throughout my entire time here, my supervisors have been very transparent and constantly let me know what areas I am excelling in and what areas I can improve upon. I am an aggressive person and have always been a high performer and at the top of my class. This company rewards individuals who put in the work and who are dedicated to improving themselves. Another perk is that the company promotes collaboration so there is always someone who genuinely wants to help you and learn from you as well. Lunch is provided every day and so is dinner during tax season. I'm looking forward to learning more about this company and continuing to move up the ladder.

Cons

Tax law is a new area that I wasn't familiar with so I was a little nervous whether or not I would be successful at this job. However, there is a multi-week training course to teach you everything that you need to know and everyone enjoys helping you out and making sure you are comfortable with the material.

"High energy environment with endless opportunities!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Deciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

"My experience with alliantgroup has not only been exciting and challenging, but very rewarding as well."

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

alliantgroup is looking for a very specific type of people. You will see immediately that this company wants people who are not only ambitious for themselves, but for the future of the company as well. This means that you must have the drive to dedicate yourself to your responsibilities. If you are hungry for your future and willing to put in the effort, this company will reward you.

- Competitive salary
    - Flexibility to work in a an industry that excites you
    - Collaborative and team effort environment
    - Direct transparency regarding your performance to your growth

Cons

Long hours, especially during tax season.

"Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Advice to Management

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup provides every opportunity to achieve professional success. Management has an open door policy and they are willing to discuss any issue or suggestion that you have. The average starting salary is highly competitive compared to other Tax Firms, along with excellent bonus incentives. Along with FREE catered lunches every day and FREE catered dinners every night during tax season. They also offer a complimentary Wellness Program that promotes healthy food choices and weekly Fitness Programs; they are also in the process of building us a new gym.

Cons

During tax season the hours are longer than the normal 9-5 job; but that is the name of the game for ALL Tax Firms. Success comes with hard work and dedication. If you want to be successful then all you have to do is work for it. Plus with all of the tax season perks that alliantgroup offers the time literally flies by.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is focus on hiring individuals that have more work experience, because these kids that are fresh out of college/law school do not realize how good they have it here. allintgroup goes above and beyond to reward their employees and some people just take that generosity for granted.

"Great Career Growth Opportunities!!"

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it's a company that provides great opportunities for career development through internal training courses and hands on experience. If you express to management what career path you want to take they will work with you to achieve that. Overall, it's a fun working atmosphere and i've met a lot of great people. The company really takes notice of those that work hard and try to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Cons

You are expected to work longer hours but management is very clear on that during the interview process. Everyone works with a team and I believe the first team you are assigned to can make or break your first experience/impression of the company.

"Internal Raving Fan!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot is spoken about alliantgroup employees creating raving fans of our clients, which we do. The amazing part is that management practices what it preaches internally to create raving fans of their employees. If you want to work with the best and brightest that are also the happiest, this is the place for you. The investment that everyone puts into each other is truly astonishing in comparison to any other company. Most companies treat you as 'sink or swim'. Where as at alliantgroup, it is understood on all levels that all components of the 'ship' must operate together as to not sink. You don't have to struggle to find the energy and the passion you need because it naturally wants to jump out of you.

Cons

There can be long hours at times, but that goes with the territory regardless of where you work. Tax season is tax season. Management does everything they can to lighten the load and reward you for the time and effort through out the long hours.