alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Current Employees

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 33 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 43 reviews)

• Consistent long hours year round (in 48 reviews)

"Rewarding!!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for over 2 years now. In my time here I have not only learned about taxes (which no one really knows coming in), so much industry knowledge, but also what it takes to grow your career and utilize your resources. Yes, this company is still pretty new which means there will be growing pains, but how much it has grown and they amazing people that work here AND what we have done for American businesses is outstanding. When I say it is rewarding, I never thought I would feel so good about what I do day in and day out. You will learn so much, and also have the tools to grow yourself as a professional. In the 2 years I have been here, I live and die by our culture and realize that I take what I have learned here home with me and utilize them in my personal relationships. Meaning, I have learned so many life skills. The culture may be overwhelming to some people at first - being transparent, over collaborating, urgency ect. - but once you see how it works and it is here to make YOU better every single day then you will LOVE IT. Yes - there is long work hours but not all times of the year and if you work hard your Director will always be understanding of whatever is going on outside of your life.

Another thing I love is the relationships I have made here. Especially my team, but some of these people have become really close friends. We all care about each other and all invest in each others growth and development. It is another family.

-a bi-yearly contest for making your clients RAVING FANS with a huge BONUS!
    -Free semi - healthy lunch every day
    -free workout classes in our gym
    -100% covered health insurance
    -free dinner during tax season (Jan. 15th - April 15th & July 15th - Oct. 15th)
    -free fountain machines and pretty much any kind of drinks you want
    -We also have a lot of fun here! We have "Raves" every so often which sometimes include Lip Sync battle competitions, we have golf tournaments, trips to California

Cons

Sometimes you may have to work longer hours during tax season and there is a black out season where you cannot take off (different for each department), but they will always make exceptions especially for weddings ect. We are growing really fast so the training is continuing to get better so always know you can make an impact on your input there.

Advice to Management

Have a better training for new associates of the different departments and more collaboration for the new associates with all the departments they will work with early on so when they are promoted it is not so big of a change. Keep investing in your people, we appreciate it!!!

"Don't accept that energy modeler position."

Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you get in a position of power, you have a lot of pull what people under you get to do.

You don't need actually skills to work here! Just be really social and you'll be promoted.

Cons

Expect people to get mad over useless job trivialities.

Some jobs offer no security or opportunity for growth

People who aren't in charge of you determine your fate.

Advice to Management

Stop listening to people who make you laugh, there are people in charge who are terrible at what they do. You can actually see who is good at their job if you would go around and participate once in a while.

"Opportunity Opportunity Opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want a chance to contribute, to grow and become extremely successful in your career, then this is the place for you. I have been here over six years and have been so appreciative of all that I have learned and achieved. We have the brightest and most dedicated people working here. When a client works with alliantgroup I am confident they couldn't be in better hands.

Cons

Sometimes people/employees say they want to have opportunity and achieve success until they realize that a career requires commitment and grit. alliantgroup provides the most amazing opportunity i have ever seen to achieve your goals and dreams, however people that don't want to work for it and give up quickly post these stupid things that are negative about alliantgroup. It is aggravating!

Advice to Management

Keep training and investing in our people. it is great to keep learning and be challenged to get better at what we do. We have such bright, capable, educated people. I am very proud to work here and know that all of us have all the opportunity in the world to advance and grow in our careers - there are no limits or glass ceilings here.

"Please read the real employee reviews and not the fake ones from directors."

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

There literally are none, with the exception of bonding with other slave-laborers.

Cons

Zero work-life balance. Low, low salary - not worth it. Management hides the ball. This is the worst place anyone will ever work. It sucks away your dignity as you're sold a false ideal. They specially target young, hopeful MBAs and recent undergrad students and then weed out who they don't want (so basically, 25% of people hired will remain after 90 days).

Advice to Management

Read the reviews from your past and present employees here! This company will inevitably fail. Hard.

"LOVE MY JOB - Challenging & Rewarding!"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with on a daily basis make this place so special. I've never experienced a company that TRULY cares about their employees and desires to see everyone succeed. If you want to be invested in and challenged - this is the place for you! The possibilities are limitless here - and you are rewarded on your performance. Did I mention the REWARDS?!?!

Cons

I hesitated interviewing here based on what I read on the internet - it was my biggest mistake. I wish I would have taken a look for myself sooner and found out what I know to be true. Also, my first 6 months were difficult - there is a learning curve and I'm so thankful I stuck with it :)

Advice to Management

Thank you - thank you for investing in your employees and making this such a great place to work!

"Invest in your career here... Let me tell you why!"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, lots of perks, opportunities if you explore them, great benefits. I've been with the company for about 3 years and they truly uphold the culture and always continuing to improve it. They layout guidelines of how you can exceed expectations and will be open and honest about what you need to improve on, if the fit isn't right, they will listen and place you in roles that will, you have to be active in investing in your own career, it starts with you.

Cons

You make your own cons. I don't know of any company where employees don't complain, just don't complain to your peers and bottle them up here, address your concerns to management, they WILL Listen. So when I read, a lot of these reviews from present and past employees, I guarantee they did NOT go to management or take ownership of their faults and definitely not active in investing in their own career here. As much as you invest in yourself, so will they... x10!

Advice to Management

Continue investing and listening to your employees! Thank you for all that you all do. 🦄

"Director"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A fantastic place to have a true career. Hard work is rewarded and recognized and there is no ceiling to advancement. Not a time and tenure firm, careers blossom and talent is recognized immediately. Any background can be successful - the only factor that matters for advancement is personal drive and ambition. Free parking, catered lunch every day, and a gym in the building are awesome perks.

Cons

Like any accounting-based firm, the work year is broken into tax season cycles. Catered dinners during tax season are nice!

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding those that make the firm great and keep pushing yourselves and others to greatness. Its not a mistake that the firm has experienced double digit growth since 2001. This is a true American success story. Keep it going!

"Run Away"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location. Lunch everyday. Open work environment. Lots of snacks and drinks available. Decent health care benefits. Brand new gym. Competitive salary.

Cons

This is a use-and-abuse culture. The mentality is very much work as hard as you can as long as you can until you physically can't. Burn-out is a real thing, and it happens very, very quickly. Sick days don't exist. Paid time off is negligible. HR is an absolute mess; they often promise things during recruitment that never materialize. 401(k) and its matching doesn't exist.

Advice to Management

401(k) matching needs to be a thing that happens sooner rather than later. Sick days should never be taken out of PTO, especially not in such an open work environment when everyone gets sick in a wave.

"A great place to build your career!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get out what you put in--want to be a leader, and learn how to grow and develop your team members? Want to invest in your career, others, and yourself? This company recognizes your strengths, helps you perfect and grow them, and pushes you to be the absolute best.

Cons

there are certain individuals that spread negative garbage...those people, just don't get it...and won't be happy ANYWHERE they go!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the right people. It's extremely disheartening when time is spent with someone who eventually reveals they aren't up to the challenge. Thank you for all you do, and I'm sorry you're not more appreciated!

"Toxic"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck twice a month, something not everyone can say. I've met some great people here in the trenches

Cons

I'll try to keep this short. Many "pros" listed in other reviews are just wolves in sheeps clothing. Yes, lunch is catered every day but it is not a sign of gratitude from management; it is a tool for them to keep you chained to your desk and working. There is no dining area where you can sit and socialize while enjoying your "free" lunch. Same goes for tax season dinners. Yes, dinner is provided during tax season but again it is only to keep you at your desk, and a "benefit" management loves to throw back in your face those moments you aren't feeling like staying until 10pm. These benefits don't extend to the weekends either, which you will be working.

The pay looks good on paper, but if you factor in all the overtime a lot of these positions suddenly become $15/hr which is definitely not worth it. Oh, but bonuses! Yes, bonuses are part of the draw, but they are unrealistic goals most will never hit. Management sure will dangle that carrot as motivation though to, you guessed it, work more.

PTO is accrued throughout the year, 1.25 days per month. You cannot use PTO during either the Spring or Fall tax seasons which equates to roughly half an entire calendar year. When you do request to use your PTO you will be nagged by management asking why, specifically, you are requesting it. Also, just because you are on vacation doesn't mean you won't still get calls and text messages and emails that you are expected to respond to.

Health insurance is covered 100% by alliantgroup after 90 days for the employee. Just don't dream of getting married or having children because adding dependents to your coverage quickly negates an entire paycheck each month.

There is a 401k which becomes available after 180 of servitude, just don't expect any kind of employer match. They don't care about your future, only the benefit you can provide them in this very moment.

Working at alliantgroup is the epitome of being in an abusive relationship. They use you for their needs while not giving a damn about you.

Advice to Management

Richard Branson, a truly great entrepreneuer, said it best. "Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients." Take that to heart. Start cultivating a culture where employees come on here to genuinely write about how amazing it is to work there instead of having the HR department spend their time posting phony positive reviews.