alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 34 reviews)

• Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Can't think of any con's - some folks think that there is no work/life balance (in 43 reviews)

• long hours when needed, one of our core identities is giving premiere client service (in 48 reviews)

"All Promises Fulfilled"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

during the interview process i was promised career opportunities, the chance to visit clients, on the job and classroom training, and "investment" from my mentors and other directors. All of this and more has been fulfilled in my time with alliantgroup.

Some of the cons are not really cons... people complain about "too much work" and "demanding schedule," but really, what successful business out there does not have a high volume of work and demanding schedules for its most valuable employees? For me it's all about having the opportunity to be part of something that makes a real impact. We get to help american businesses claim valuable tax incentives and create more jobs. This is not just political rhetoric. It's real. I've seen it, and heard it directly from clients. This place is the real deal.

Cons

growing company, so there ERP system is somewhat dated and there is a lot of stuff done manually that could be automated that would really increase employee productivity.

Advice to Management

Invest in new ERP system
    Keep hiring... we need more good people

"Working at alliantgroup"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and dental benefits, casual dress code, free lunch daily

Cons

No work life balance, I was working 12-14 hour days, high turn-over. You never knew in advance how late you would be

Advice to Management

If you're going to have employees work 12-14 hour days for two weeks straight, give them 2 weeks where they can leave at 6pm so they can plan to be with their families.

"toxic work environment that exploits recent graduates"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

they do a good job to get you to fall in love with culture and make you believe that they care about you. Good place to start your career to get work experience but avoid it if you are more established.

Cons

They take advantage of recent grads that are looking for a job. Especially recent Law School grads that have a hard time finding a job because the job market is saturated in Houston. There is always jobs available because there is such a high turnover rate -- not a good sign. Management does not care about lower lever employees.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your lower level employees. Let them know that they matter. Try to re-create the culture so people are not only looking out for themselves. Make it a collaborative environment where people are trying to help everyone else and make the team and company a better place to work.

"Slave Corp"

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours, Insurance, Free Food and great equipment

Cons

Snakes, horrible upper management and a cult/frat feeling

Advice to Management

Let people be them self and embrace positive change.

"Good first job"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good first job; incredibly smart people; I have been here 9 months and haven't seen any of the negative things stated on some of the other reviews; a lot of fun; this is a family; people go out and hang out a lot

Cons

Expect to work 50 hours a week

Advice to Management

More transparency from management; some of the legacy managers don't believe in some of the initiatives that leadership is pushing; love the meritocracy and high performance culture

"Senior Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Associate
    Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food and receiving miles for traveling. The receptionist in the OC office. There are really talented and cool people that turned into friends outside of this company.

Cons

Everything. Don't put yourself in a horrible situation. This company is toxic and will ruin you and your family. They expect to come before your family. Gossip town and high school all over again. You have to be in the "cool kids" club to go to dinners. And dinner last all night which is very disrespectful toward your children and family at home waiting for you. Management is always in your business and watch out for those that spy, which I'm convinced they are compensated for gossiping. I loved the actual work I was doing but couldn't take the company. They treat people horrible and don't get fooled by the pay, it's pennies when you actually calculate the hours you work. I would see my child maybe once during the work week because i would get home so late. You will have anxiety attacks and all of the anger and stress will unfortunately be taken out on your family. Alliantgroup is NOT forever, since my departure, I've gotten my life and sanity back. I see my family every evening at a normal time and U'mactually getting paid MORE! Don't consider this place and if you're currently employed, get out NOW!

Advice to Management

Nothing will change these people. Sorry.

"Don't do it!"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is nonexistent.

Cons

Free food, and sometimes they let you sleep.

"Outstanding Organization - I Love What I Do"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization and the work that we perform makes me love what I do. This company pushes you to be the best that you can be. Everyday provides new challenges and opportunities. I truly appreciate the amount of time upper management and my peers invest in my and everyone's development. The office is always full of positive energy and it is contagious! There is tremendous opportunity to grow. High performance is rewarded. I only wish I had found alliantgroup 10 years ago.

Cons

This is not a con but a word of advice.
    You will not be happy here if:
    1. You aren't driven and dont have any grit.
    2. You dont believe in putting clients first while delivering an outstanding client experience.

Advice to Management

I love that there is no secret to how to be successful at alliantgroup. Your investment, feedback, and coaching allow everyone the opportunity to be successful. Also, I love how everyone is treated and provided the same keys to success. Managers are held accountable and there is an open door policy. High performance is rewarded and that's how it should be.

"WORST COMPANY"

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

good money, but that can only keep you happy for so long. Especially if you have no time to enjoy it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY. The hours are ridiculous and they are a cult. They get you in with a nice salary then will make you feel like crap if you cant stay after 7. The CEO is UNPROFESSIONAL. Do NOT work here you will regret it. There is a reason why nobody last after a year.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees more and developing them. Give them a work/life balance and stop trying to sleep with everyone

"Project Associate"

Pros

Met some nice, intelligent people

Cons

Company is literally a cult. No work-life balance. Shane is a one of the most disgraceful human beings I've ever known.