alliantgroup, LP Reviews | Glassdoor

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch everyday, compensated well; wellness program (in 42 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • absolutely no work life balance (in 48 reviews)

• LONG HOURS, no work/life balance (in 23 reviews)

"Play the Game, or Don't Pass Go"

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- free food, free soda
    - big parties
    - lots of contests
    - decent pay
    - good location

- If you are hyper competitive, you can promote quickly and lead your own team
    - If you buddy up with leadership and become a yes man, you will win lots in bonuses and awards

Cons

Let me say: I hated working here. I will try to be objective, but just let that be known up front. I was unwilling to back stab and throw other people under buses. I wasn't willing to kowtow to the powers that be and speak only in buzzwords. I did my job, but tried to keep the best interests of the clients in mind instead of my own, which apparently was not the correct protocol.

This company gave me anxiety issues that I now need medication for. I couldn't get through the day without throwing up or crying. I couldn't understand why the reviews were so shining. Then I realized they were written under coercion.

Walking the halls every day wondering who was getting fired was too much stress. Knowing your teams would be rearranged every few months because they couldn't hold on to enough experienced employees to make their current teams work was bizarre.

Advice to Management

Change. Everything.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction!

Compensated for posting 5* reviews on this site!

Cons

Frat house mentality
    Cut throat (everyone throws anybody and everybody under the bus to succeed)
    LONG HOURS
    Snitched on when you leave early
    What work/life balance. It's work, work and more work. Oh wait, don't forget to max out all the hours on the project. Seriously, I had one staff charge 120 hours in a week!!!!

"Working at alliantgroup"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and dental benefits, casual dress code, free lunch daily

Cons

No work life balance, I was working 12-14 hour days, high turn-over. You never knew in advance how late you would be

Advice to Management

If you're going to have employees work 12-14 hour days for two weeks straight, give them 2 weeks where they can leave at 6pm so they can plan to be with their families.

"Outstanding Organization - I Love What I Do"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization and the work that we perform makes me love what I do. This company pushes you to be the best that you can be. Everyday provides new challenges and opportunities. I truly appreciate the amount of time upper management and my peers invest in my and everyone's development. The office is always full of positive energy and it is contagious! There is tremendous opportunity to grow. High performance is rewarded. I only wish I had found alliantgroup 10 years ago.

Cons

This is not a con but a word of advice.
    You will not be happy here if:
    1. You aren't driven and dont have any grit.
    2. You dont believe in putting clients first while delivering an outstanding client experience.

Advice to Management

I love that there is no secret to how to be successful at alliantgroup. Your investment, feedback, and coaching allow everyone the opportunity to be successful. Also, I love how everyone is treated and provided the same keys to success. Managers are held accountable and there is an open door policy. High performance is rewarded and that's how it should be.

"Good first job"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good first job; incredibly smart people; I have been here 9 months and haven't seen any of the negative things stated on some of the other reviews; a lot of fun; this is a family; people go out and hang out a lot

Cons

Expect to work 50 hours a week

Advice to Management

More transparency from management; some of the legacy managers don't believe in some of the initiatives that leadership is pushing; love the meritocracy and high performance culture

"toxic work environment that exploits recent graduates"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

they do a good job to get you to fall in love with culture and make you believe that they care about you. Good place to start your career to get work experience but avoid it if you are more established.

Cons

They take advantage of recent grads that are looking for a job. Especially recent Law School grads that have a hard time finding a job because the job market is saturated in Houston. There is always jobs available because there is such a high turnover rate -- not a good sign. Management does not care about lower lever employees.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your lower level employees. Let them know that they matter. Try to re-create the culture so people are not only looking out for themselves. Make it a collaborative environment where people are trying to help everyone else and make the team and company a better place to work.

"Slave Corp"

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours, Insurance, Free Food and great equipment

Cons

Snakes, horrible upper management and a cult/frat feeling

Advice to Management

Let people be them self and embrace positive change.

"WORST COMPANY"

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Houston, TX

Pros

good money, but that can only keep you happy for so long. Especially if you have no time to enjoy it

Cons

HORRIBLE COMPANY. The hours are ridiculous and they are a cult. They get you in with a nice salary then will make you feel like crap if you cant stay after 7. The CEO is UNPROFESSIONAL. Do NOT work here you will regret it. There is a reason why nobody last after a year.

Advice to Management

Think about your employees more and developing them. Give them a work/life balance and stop trying to sleep with everyone

"If the US Marine Corps did tax consulting"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are working with the most talented, most accomplished, most focused people in the entire industry. alliantgroup's greatest asset is their people team. Excellent benefits, they pay for your health insurance, understanding management if you have to leave in the middle of the day, gym on-site and a dedicated wellness team. Huge opportunity for promotion. Fast growing company. The employees who persevere with this company, are all very very happy with their jobs and lives.

Cons

Long work hours, vaguely cult-like culture, they operate their great personnel at 99% efficiency which is why they provide such great benefits. Many people quit or are fired within the first twelve months of employment. It was rare to find anyone who had been there more than two years.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at how to reduce your new-employee turn over. This will be the best way to promote-from-within and get the management team that you need to continue the fantastic growth you have built this far.

"Great place to invest in yourself."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

As a business professional looking for career opportunity, this is a place that can provide you with unlimited growth potential. The company is known for growth organically and promoting from within. Employee wellness is taken very seriously and all are encouraged to participate in wellness classes, group workout sessions, and use the gymnasium. Access to leadership is present at every level. Truly an open door policy that make collaboration and sharing ideas easy and encouraged. Great open floor plan, meant to encourage fast development.

Cons

Travel can be heavy during the busy seasons.