alliantgroup, LP Senior Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Associate

4.1
Dhaval R. Jadav

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch until you realize it's because they expect you to work during lunch or schedule meetings during lunch (in 47 reviews)

• Free food, long hours so that I cannot have any outside social interaction (in 33 reviews)

Cons

"The Harvey Weinstein of Tax Consulting Firms"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Around Thanksgiving time new movies come out that are poisoning our children's minds. It's nice that there is a place like this where people are safe, just like they are safe when around our good pal Harvey Weinstein. In an effort to protect young women, the CEO personally spends many late nights with his disciples.

Cons

Many of the girls "scream" (get the weinstein reference, he produced it!) when they see how much attention the CEO will pay to them. This place seems like a "Scary Movie" because its too good to be true! The CEO will tell all the young prey that "She's So Lovely". What a compliment!!! Just like "Pulp Fiction" this place is a real classic! The way people act is like "gangs of new york"!

Overall, just a great experience. Much like meeting with Harvey Weinstein, many career opportunities open once you begin working here! One girl has a "what's your favorite position?" "CEO!" sign in her room. LOL thats so ironic because she used to spend so much time with the CEO at night! Just like the actresses that spent so much time with our savior, Harvey, she "worked" her way to the top! Great job!

Advice to Management

Never change! Keep meeting late at night with the attractive people in the office. Continue to ignore what people do. Like the Kardashians, you recognize that talent and hard work isnt as important as beauty! It's nice to see that beauty is still recognized in the workplace for non-admin positions. If you are beautiful and looking for an admin position, DO NOT APPLY here. These people put attractive people in real management positions.

2. "Dynamic Team Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working alongside passionate and intelligent professionals in a high energy, merit-based environment. It is so fulfilling to see the direct and positive results in helping American businesses grow. Additionally, I love learning the technical intricacies and continuing to grow intellectually everyday while investing in the firm and clients. The sky is the limit and it is truly a meritocracy with an open door policy - every single person wants to invest in you and help you grow your career!

Cons

The ability to complete all of the items I want to achieve in a day!

Advice to Management

Please keep driving the company to new heights and bringing in more clients for us to serve!

"Amazing Opportunities + Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just as the title reads, alliantgroup is a home for those seeking big career opportunities along with a family culture. During the tough days of the hurricane, tropical storm, and corresponding wreckage across Houston, our CEO, leaders, and firm have stepped up to support co-workers whose lives were impacted by the weather events. I have worked many jobs in my life, and this is something you just do not see. Other firms simply set up can drives, or do publicity stunts, but that is not alliantgroup. Our incredible employees, lead by our CEO, have physically helped alliantgroup families rebuild and repair their homes. During a time of extreme stress, our CEO sent help to alliantgroup employees that were rescued from their homes and dropped at shelters to ensure they were moved to corporate housing and hotels so their spouses and children were safe and comfortable. Additionally, other community initiatives are being implemented to help the greater Houston community on top of the assistance and care for alliantgroup family members.

This is simply something you do not see or experience at other companies. If you are looking for a place to build a career, create incredible relationships, serve cutting-edge companies, and give your family an amazing life - this is the place for you. If you are looking for a paycheck and to punch your time card in and out each day - probably not the firm for you.

Pros:
    Fast growth and career opportunities
    401K match
    Catered lunches and dinners
    CEO investment roundtables
    VTO (Volunteer-Time-Off) days for community outreach
    Meritocracy
    Performance bonuses and events

Cons

As with any rapidly growing organization, there are a few growing pains. We have a lot of young folks that are given opportunities to manage earlier in their careers than most organizations -- with that comes a learning curve.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focused on the mission and growing a bigger, badder, stronger, incredible practice. Don't let the noise of a few fog what we are all working toward.

More CEO events with performers across the firm. Steel sharpens steel.

More family days at the office -- it's awesome to have all the kiddos up at the office and meeting everyone's families.

"Great place to land a career"

Current Employee - Senior Associate/EA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate/EA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I first interviewed with the company, I was told to "not pay too much attention to the Glassdoor reviews". Let's just say, I'm glad I didn't! Most of the (negative) reviews on here are from former employees that just didn't have the drive or desire to work hard enough to succeed here. And let's be honest, no one likes a job they aren't good at (or aren't willing to put the work in to get better). Anyways, my first year, like any job, was tough. I was trying to absorb very thing like a sponge (which included trainings and working "after hours"), but all this was was towards investment in my professional growth that would lead me to excel at my role as time went on. Needless to say, I am coming up on 3 years and can say with all honesty that I enjoy coming to work everyday. I consider my coworkers more as friends. And I feel very supported by management. Lastly, I personally thrive off of positive reinforcement, and there is no lack of such acknowledgement/reward from management. $$$

Cons

High turnover rate - due to people not willing to stick it out and get over the learning curve.

This is definitely not a "clock-in, clock-out" "job". If that's what you're looking for, this is not the place. This company is all about high performance, so if that doesn't excite you or if that's not your mentality, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your constant investment in me!

"Please Don't Fall For This Place!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Look, they are going to try and sell you on the few pros that do come with the job. Fancy new building in Galleria area. "Free" lunch every day. Something that sounds like a lot of money. I will say the one true benefit they provide is a good health plan, at least as a single person. You also meet some great people who become good friends.

Cons

Where to begin? Minimum 50 hour work week. If you want to leave on time (6:30 pm) you basically have to sneak out. During tax season it jumps to at least 60 hours a week. Having a work/life balance is impossible. alliantgroup is either your life or you will never progress. Notice that all the 5 star reviews come at the same time and are usually from management level. People relish the opportunity to throw you under the bus just to try and gain some favor from someone higher up the food chain. All your meetings will be outside client service hours so don't plan on making dinner reservations. PTO is restricted for half the year due to tax season...in other words no time off from February thru April AND August thru October. You will work weekends. You will be expected to attend "optional" events.

Advice to Management

Get a clue...you can't treat people this way.

"Amazing, challenging and rewarding...EVERYDAY!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at alliantgroup for almost 4 years now and there is really no place like it. We get to work with small and mid-sized businesses to help them put money back into their pockets all while working alongside some pretty awesome people. It is challenging daily but so rewarding. No two days are the same and there is constant growth as an individual and professional. Investment is our top most important cultural tenant and is the foundation of our high performance culture. If you have drive to meet your goals, alliantgroup will equip you with all the tools you need to meet those goals. Supervisors and mentors will be dedicated to helping you grow in your career. I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Cons

alliantgroup is not for everyone. If you do not want to grow as a professional and you are looking for a job of ease, alliantgroup is not a fit. It is called growth for a reason.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest, invest, invest and develop those leaders!!

"Amazing Opportunity for the Right Personality"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My time at alliantgroup has been filled with ups and downs – struggles, setbacks, and growing pains – but I am extremely grateful for everything this company has provided for me.

This company and the various roles I’ve fulfilled have shaped me into the person I am today. Having previously been employed as an engineer with a Fortune 100 company, I can truly say the amount of knowledge, skill, and character development I have acquired are unlike anything I would have imagined. Since my time here, my mentality and overall focus has gone through several different iterations – all of which ultimately prove to be an evolution for the better.

I’ve grown as an individual, a leader, a student, and professional.

While all of the above are what keep me here and make me happy, I realize others may need something a bit more tangible to measure a prospective employer.

+ Excellent benefits (highly competitive salary, 401K match, great PTO allotment)
    + Challenging & rewarding work environment
    + Fantastic upward mobility and truly limitless potential

Cons

As you’ll probably hear time and time again, this job is not for everyone. I cannot emphasize that enough. To better understand what I mean, let me describe myself:

I’m a young (mid-20s) male, competitive to the core, extrovert, and an absolute workaholic. I’m also very resilient and am highly adaptable/teachable. Also, I’m not married.

And look, I understand people will say this job “drains you” or leaves “no room for a social life”. Social life? What else are you doing at 7 PM on a Wednesday night, watching re-runs of the Big Bang Theory?

My point is – my circumstances and environment allow me to invest a lot into my career. And because of that, I’ve found a company whose culture I thrive in.

The turnover at this company is high for a reason – people half-halfheartedly take a chance on a job they know deep down is not for them.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with prospective employees about the work-life balance. I understand it's a delicate line to walk, in that you don't want to scare away a potential new-hire too early, but you're not doing anyone a favor by not being completely 100% forthcoming about the demands of the company.

Catered dinners all year round for those staying past 7 PM. If there are employees here working, it seems fair to provide dinner.

Keep the culture strong. In growing so fast, it's a challenge to maintain the same recipe without anything getting diluted or lost in translation.

"Read the latest news reports on this company!!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fact that I don't work there anymore. The fact that someone finally published what really goes on at this company.

Cons

Be sure to read the latest news report regarding the actions of the CEO. Buyer beware. It's all true. It's the same behavior and "culture" that gets trickled down.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what the article says.

"difficult but well worth it"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

grew more here in 2 years than in 5 years at my previous job; free breakfast, lunch and dinner; free gym; free yoga, circuit training, pilates lasses; free health assessments; outsized bonuses; can make more $ here than anywhere else; chance to meet former and current governors, senators and congressmen and know them on a first name basis; help us businesses grow; given a lot of responsibility from the start

Cons

you will work 50 hours a week; will challenge your brain more than you thought possible

Advice to Management

need more experienced managers

"great transition to a new industry"

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started here in an entry level Professional Engineering position after transitioning from a different industry. I was a bit nervous at first because it was so new for me. But, there was a lot of opportunity for growth because my group was new so I took advantage of it. My earning potential and bonus plan is great and above what my friends in my engineering program in college have available to them. Sometimes the work can be repetitive, but oftentimes I do get to work on buildings that are very innovative and featured in industry journals and publications so that is pretty interesting and makes it well worth it. Makes for good conversation with other engineers while on the road. The benefits work out really great for me. Health insurance is covered 100% and they recently started matching 401k contributions so I started participating in the plan this year. Management has an open door policy which is good and my manager isn't opposed to getting in the trenches and getting his hands dirty when the work gets tough, and I appreciate that a lot. I can actually say this about all of management really. All the way up to the top, which is really awesome. You don't find that at a lot of places nowadays.

Cons

Managing my workload with the tools that I have available can be difficult sometimes. For a mature company we should have better project tracking and assignment systems. One day I could have two projects on my plate and the next day I could have 20. It is very hard to plan with swings in workload like this. There has to be a better way. I know the company is making significant investments in this area, so I am hopeful for what is to come. Fingers crossed.

Advice to Management

Overall I like the direction management has taken the company since I have been here. We have grown significantly and so has the opportunities for myself as well as my compensation and benefits. As I mentioned previously, invest in better tools to manage the workload. I think that is the biggest challenge facing employees right now. I see this is starting to happen, but more public updates on this would be helpful to those of us who are out of the office often.