ambassador personnel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Douglas O. Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Place to Work!"

I have been working at ambassador personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family environment from the top down, good benefits, lots of advancement opportunities, and amazing people!

Cons

Have none at this time!

2. "Needs improvement"

I worked at ambassador personnel full-time

Pros

The Regional VP's and most Branch Managers try to fix the upper management issues.

Cons

Lack of follow through with upper management. Training programs never finished. Very negative communication in writing and verbally by the top management to the branch level. Promotions not given on merit but on personal relationships is an issue. Commissions not paid on time and incorrectly without an effort to fix them. Employee issues being discussed with subordinates. Promotions being promised but not given on merit. Employees never feeling included in decisions; dictatorship vs an atmosphere of sharing ideas. Always feeling like you are at a firing range and you are the target, like upper management proving they are right is more important than truly training and growing their employees. Over the last two years this company has lost a lot of good people to these issues; Sales People, Managers and Recruiters.

Advice to Management

When you hear enough of something about management know that there is truth in it, regardless of your personal feelings.

3. "conspiracy"

Former Employee - Cars Recon in Moody, AL
    Former Employee - Cars Recon in Moody, AL

I worked at ambassador personnel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing absolutely nothing complete liers

Cons

participated in a conspiracy to committ harm to me in the workplace.

Advice to Management

get a good lawyer

4. "Part Time Clerk"

I have been working at ambassador personnel part-time

Pros

Work is simple and doesn't require so much thought

Cons

Ambassador is basically owned by Flowers Foods and they're a staffing agency entirely for Flowers Foods which is a terribly managed company.

Advice to Management

Learn to be more transparent

5. "No long term opportunities"

Former Employee - Office Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Office Clerk in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ambassador personnel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company that they did send me out too I take it to work with some great people and got some excellent references

Cons

They don't really have very many clerical positions and the positions that they do have don't pay very much at all

Advice to Management

Get more of a variety of contracts Center employees can work for and give them more money

"staffing coordinator"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Savannah, GA

Pros

Was a great the first 8 years or so. Upper management was great. But when the orgional owner sold out it went down hill.

Cons

Could not trust any of the new upper management once The first owner sold out. It wasnt about family anymore. Benifits were worthless, bonues were a joke, trying to be lead by managers that there new power went to there head. The last two out of my 13 years were the worst.

Advice to Management

Very poor, work you to death for no pay increase in 3 years.

"staffing coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Pros

Meeting new possible employees and giving them a opportunity to get a new career

Cons

Company has no morals. Was suppose to be given bonuses and they were taken from us to pay company expenses. Then they made them so impossible to achive.

Advice to Management

Dont break your word, because once you do, you have no integrity with your employees and your reputation is no longer in tack.

"Staffing Coordinator"

I worked at ambassador personnel full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for just under 10 years and when I first started it was a fantastic company to work for. The upper management was very accessible and very much had an open door policy. Although it was a mid size company it felt more like a family owned business where everyone knew everyone and people cared. Unfortunately, over the years that changed. The owner sold the company to the president of the company and things went drastically down hill.

Cons

Very poor upper management - Closed door policy - consistently criticized - my management changed 13 times in less than 10 years - horrible pay and benefits are a joke - expected to be on call 24/7

Advice to Management

Your employees are humans, try to treat them as such.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Nashville, TN

Pros

They are great salesmen who can talk their way through any rough patch with a client or manipulate any negative situation so that it is not their fault.

Cons

Everything about this company is a con. They don't follow through with any promises or even their own responsibilities. I was told many things when I was first hired, but none of them were true once I signed the paperwork and started my first day. Being new, I was the one to always get thrown under the bus when someone else messed up or forgot to do something. The best part is when I got fired for something that happened on a day that I was out sick. Everyone who works here is a liar and a cheat. Beware of this company!!

Advice to Management

Don't make promises you won't keep and follow through. Upper management/corporate should be more aware of the local branch activities and actions.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Former Employee - Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Terrible Upper Management training was aawful