arvato AG Reviews | Glassdoor

arvato AG CEO Achim Berg
Achim Berg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management dont care about staff and staff attitudes (in 11 reviews)

• Finally the round the clock working hours no work life balance unless your the manager (in 5 reviews)

1. "No appreciation for dedication or hard work."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Louisville, KY
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at arvato AG as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

there are no pros to this job

Cons

Awful team leader, hot warehouse. No home life. Mandatory 6 days a week. 5 of which are 10 hour days. No communication skills.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of whom you put in charge of teams. Your company is a revolving door of temps for a reason. When I brought to managements attention of the verbal abuse of a team leader I was iced out. I was left to looked for an area to work in on my own when it is suppose to be assigned at the beginning of every shift,on a mandatory Saturday. Team leaders need to learn to train new employees properly without being abusive.

"Worst workplace ever"

I worked at arvato AG full-time

Pros

Met some great hard working people

Cons

Poor management
    No communication
    No respect for employees
    No employment benefits
    Total Chaos

"Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Weaverville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Weaverville, NC

I worked at arvato AG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training , learned a lot about Ally Bank

Cons

Insensitive to illness/disability,it's not what you know who you,high school atmosphere

Advice to Management

Treat everyone fair, by letting ALL people with doctors note come back to work,instead of terminating them while they're out sick,stop the favoritism. And if you do fired someone atleast contact them and let them know.

4. "Worst job!"

I worked at arvato AG full-time

Pros

None at all, stay away

Cons

They don't care about their workers, only their customers. If you aren't dating a supervisor you can't move up.

"Account Rep"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Pros

LOL. I wish I could see there is a pro for working here. The only pro I can say is quitting was the best decision I ever made.

Cons

I regretted my decision working here the first day I started. I tried to see the best but there's really not much to see. Their network and systems are archaic! HR spends too much time playing "friends" with employees which makes it hard to trust management. They promote anyone to management with little to no experience. Pay is less than average especially for the amount of hours they require you to work. Work space is small and dirty. A ton of office gossip. Horrible. Do not pass go. Run as fast as you can.

Advice to Management

What a joke. Anyone can be promoted to management as long as you know the right people. HR is a joke. Senior management is a joke. Stop acting like you are all in high school.

6. "job let me go not barely a month"

I worked at arvato AG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, but training i guess

Cons

Well there is a training process you have to go through, which is class based for 5 weeks. Its pretty rigorous, even though i had a hard time retaining the information and asked for accommodation, they could not provide the accommodation, i was asking for and they let me go. Even though they promised to not let the employees go.

Advice to Management

None

"Horrible place to work - You really sells your soul to the Devil"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Valencia, CA

I worked at arvato AG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Only pros is the paycheck never gets late. Other than that there is no Pros in favor of this company.

Cons

Low pay, lack of respect with employee, never care about you. In their conception you are always wrong. A ton of work and calls and you have to handle all task if you fail in one little thing they burn you in the hell.

Advice to Management

Learn to respect everyone without discrimination. You are a employee like everyone else and one day when you fail they will fire you too and you are going to look for a job and maybe you will find many of your coworker.

"Horrible,it was like a night mare I thought I was on a plantation with slaves and slave owners.."

Former Employee - Line Support in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Former Employee - Line Support in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Pros

To pray for the people for a better day,better benefits,and also righteous leadership.

Cons

To deal with leadership that has a slave owners mentality....they threaten people all the time.

Advice to Management

If you don't treat people wright.....God is going to shut this place down and you will loose your major contracts.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Replication Technician in Weaverville, NC
    Former Employee - Replication Technician in Weaverville, NC

I worked at arvato AG full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good medical benefits, there is nothing else good to say

Cons

they treat there people horrible and tell you, you will work a certain schedule then every week they tell you they don't know if there is work the last day of your schedule and do not let you know till the night before therefore never can plan anything, and never can a steady paycheck due to constant cut of hours. Also horrible shift differential 35 cents McDonalds gives more. One last thing expect no pay raises

Advice to Management

learn how to plan and schedule and actually work with your employees

"If you graduated 6th grade, you are over qualified."

I worked at arvato AG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great 1st time office job. It gives you enough "experience" to add to your resume to advance to something better.

Cons

Management is buddy buddy, some have been there since the department opened up. You only really get help if you are liked by management. If you are new your lunch is as early as 2 hours into your shift. Sick time does not exist. They focus more on how you can be punished for messing up or being late than on when good things are done.

Advice to Management

Maybe instead of upper management talking to each other for literally HOURS a day while you are supposed to be training temps, you could actually teach them something. Also, if you actually talked to each other about WORK that whole time I don't think there would be so many unhappy employees. You shouldn't be so shocked when everyone has questions once they are out on the floor based off of the lack of training they received.