athenahealth Reviews

Found 1,131 of over 1,857 reviews

4.1
athenahealth Chairman and CEO Bob Segert
Bob Segert

What people are saying about athenahealth

Join the conversation on

Tech

207.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=athenahealth~18207
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of athenahealth and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Couldn't recommend athenahealth more

Sep 29, 2021 - Senior Marketing Associate in Watertown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has been fantastic during the pandemic and understanding their employees needs. They've been transparent about the work from home and return to office procedures setting the expectations that they are putting their employees first and employees should do what's best for themselves and their families

Cons

No cons to speak to now

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Things are going well

May 17, 2022 - Marketing Director in Watertown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people - by far it's the people

Cons

Work/life balance is challenging, staffing and workloads

3. 5.0

Great Company

May 17, 2022 - Commercial Strategy in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career Growth, Great culture, Thriving ecosystem and a great work life balance

Cons

I don't see any cons with this company

4. 5.0

Growth-oriented

Apr 27, 2022 - User Experience Designer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A wonderful company dedicated to improving healthcare! As a designer, there are several mentors and growth opportunities available, with an open, honest, and supportive atmosphere. Managers actively prioritize work-life balance. One of the best perks is "flexible Fridays", which is essentially a three-day weekend if you don't have any imminent or outstanding work or deadlines that you need to meet.

Cons

Because of its size and legacy software, big change is often difficult to effect

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

May 19, 2022 - Analytics Manager in Watertown, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance and genuine care for employees. You're not just a number.

Cons

Pay and benefits are not as competitive as they should be.

Continue reading
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company.

May 12, 2022 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work. Great pay and company culture.

Cons

No cons to report at this job.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience, outdated operating model

Feb 16, 2022 - User Experience Designer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to lead projects and have a lot of input into a consumer-facing product. I worked with a great, diverse team and smart people. Work-life balance is great and you can feel done with work for the day at 5.

Cons

I left because I did not see a way of ever getting promoted to senior-level and it was never talked about. I was always told how great I was doing and I got a great performance review score. After I left, someone with less years of experience was promoted to senior-level, so I have zero clue what was going on there. I occasionally burned out because I didn’t have any UX help after two people on the team left and those spots were empty for months. Additionally, I wanted to work 100% remote after reevaluating my life. While I was granted that option for the time being, I was not looking forward to eventually having to be in an office 3 days a week. I left for a role where I might go into the office 3 times a month (or less). There was also memos about losing out on bonuses and raises if you chose to work 100% remote. With inflation, I’d be losing money by staying because I wasn’t sitting in an office doing the same thing I’d be doing at home. Compensation is low. I got a 60% (!!!) raise by leaving.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 17, 2022 - Digital Marketing Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team is very assessable and tuned into the needs of their employees.

Cons

Benefits are lacking in overall quality for employees of all levels.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

CSM

May 4, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to be a trusted business advisor.

Cons

You wear a lot of hats.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good so far

May 2, 2022 - Client Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking company, cares about employees, great benefits

Cons

Training is confusing and very fast tracked

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,131 Reviews

athenahealth Reviews FAQs

athenahealth has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,857 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at athenahealth to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, athenahealth employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at athenahealth. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

80% of athenahealth employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated athenahealth 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at athenahealth to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with athenahealth Job Seekers