KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

athenahealth

Engaged Employer

athenahealth

Add a Review

athenahealth Employee Reviews about "senior leadership"

Updated Jun 9, 2020

Found 67 of over 1,923 reviews

4.0
athenahealth Chairman and CEO Bob Segert
Bob Segert

What people are saying about athenahealth

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "There ARE some nice perks and the corporate culture is great if you are single in your mid(in 200 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good and flexible(in 174 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 161 reviews)
  • "Pay is good(in 68 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and facility admin(in 64 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of athenahealth and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "senior leadership"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Getting better

May 24, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Great benefits, but make sure to get help choosing your healthcare plan. They have an advocate for Transgender healthcare if that’s something you or your family need. Which is cool. Never seen that before. 2. Work life balance depends on team and on you. Mostly good. 3. It’s good that they realize working remote has been a positive impact for many, especially parents, pet parents, people with disabilities...etc. even if that wasn’t something they thought about or think about now. Just something I’ve observed. 4. ERGs—employee resource groups—they have a lot of employees and a good amount of resources to support you. You can find community if you want to, but again, it can depend on the team you work with. 5. Question-centric environment. They encourage you to ask questions. Which is nice and helps break up some fear and apprehension. Just don’t expect consistency in getting help or answers. 6. They are working on diversity and inclusion. You can see the positive impact of it. 7. Wonderful peers. I love my colleagues. All kinds of folks. This job is great because of them.

Cons

1. Lack of salary transparency. Had I known how the role and department are actually functioning, I would’ve negotiated higher when applying and during my earlier time. I’ve since learned there’s severe pay disparity. I know of some senior CS folks making less than folks who are new and of a lower title. That’s unacceptable. Pay equity should be a big part of this company. Salary transparency would allow folks to better get an idea and be able to negotiate better. This is lending to continuing inequity and ruffles feathers across the company. 2. Management is what you expect: mostly white, straight, etc. doesn’t mean they aren’t good at their job, but don’t expect to see minorities or marginalized folks represented at the senior tables. They also don’t show they value the unique experiences for those folks or know how to lead and support them. I feel for management and employees—you’re only as good as the structure. They are working on it, but you don’t get any insight into what “working on it” means. And yes. The Director of D&I is also a black woman. Feels like tokenization of her. If you’re into culture, you can get involved, but I don’t know exactly how. A lot of new folks join ERGs. Those who have been around have a skeptical eye and cautious hope. Just know your colleagues are amazing even when management and senior leadership doesn’t feel that way. 3. It’s a large company and everyone is mostly remote now because of COVID. You won’t be able to meet everyone across the company, so if you like to network, you’re kinda stranded until everyone is back in the office. The office is fantastic FYI. It’s great sitting among peers. But it’s tough because you don’t really get to be with other people. On the other hand, I’ve gotten to know a lot more about my peers in a way I cherish—I think we forget to be real with each other when we are always in the office. Cat and child interruptions happen at least once a week. It’s great. 4. They tend to promote people based on projects and that tends to be outgoing folks. Sucks for the quieter folks with great metrics who also do wonderful work. They aren’t the best with different personalities. 5. They live by their values. Problematically so at times. Especially obsess over customers. There are some really crappy customers who should be terminated because they bully their CSMs. We’d be fired if we spoke to each other that way, but there’s some money hungry capitalism behind every company, so, of course customer support and customer success gets screwed. Both in support and in pay. The pay inequity between engineers and the customer teams is atrocious and offensive. They clearly don’t value people skills like product. 6. You’re limited in promotion. At some point, you’re forced to become a people manager because they don’t make high level project manager roles yet. So. You’ll lose fellow employees who are great project managers but don’t want to or shouldn’t be people managers. And that’s where you can see issues happen at higher levels—people managers who shouldn’t be and aren’t taught well. You’ll likely want to leave if you aren’t people inclined or be forced to change departments.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Need To Get It Together

Nov 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people with great ideas and a genuine desire to help clients and fellow team members Great mission and vision to fix healthcare Great product that really makes a difference for our customers and patients Nice office locations and pleasing to the eye

Cons

Senior Leadership has checked out, literally. In the last 3 years, we only have Jonathan and Kyle left. There is a writing on the wall. Senior leadership has no idea just how much our client and client teams are suffering with workload and angry clients. The PPO completely dropped the ball on the client facing teams and the remaining staff's ability to support clients. Senior leadership isn't making it better, and they aren't digging deep enough.

10 people found this review helpful

athenahealth Response

Employee Engagement

Trust us--Our goal is to keep it together! We appreciate your feedback and understand that we've had some turnover at the top. All we can do now is focus on our next evolution and keep feedback like this in mind. We have new leadership in our client-facing organizations and are confident in our continued ability to support our clients. We want to hear more from you, though. E-mail us at askathena@athenahealth.com if you have any additional thoughts.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Happy, but cautious for the future

Aug 1, 2016 - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The mission and vision. That is what motivates me every day. I absolutely believe in the future of the company and the long term strategic direction that we are moving in.

Cons

Lack of a customer orientation around the products and services. There is a long term direction, but how we get there by ignoring our clients wants and needs feels off. There is seemingly constant turmoil at the senior leadership level and a severe lack of alignment. Re-orgs happen so frequently and are very disruptive. I've seen multiple competing and conflicting programs started, it really feels like upper management doesn't talk among itself.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great experience and very collaborative culture

Nov 9, 2021 - Senior Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are smart, supportive and collaborative. Everyone is receptive to ideas and opinions no matter who or what level they are coming from. Senior leadership is very approachable and welcoming.

Cons

The roles and responsibilities across teams can occasionally be blurred/unclear.

Be the first to find this review helpful